Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Find me first! ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Wow, chapter sixteen O.o I’m not nearly this far on the chapters in my crimson act fancomic. Oh wells. I am A big Shadow fan, but I couldn’t really find a way to fit him in this story.. Sowry O.o and Tikal is already in ta story X3 you will all see! Muah. The new character is someone you all know very well >.> its a she, and she, is coming up soon. *Dun dun duuuun* Well, its not a bad thing O.o; I don’t think. Anywaaays Thanx all for being so supportive!! *tear* I love you all! I’m so glad that I didn’t get any flames on my first fanfic, from what I’ve read the people here can be pretty brutal. Although I’m running out of pre-written chapters to post XD thats bad o.o I know ppl don’t like waiting. So I’ll have to turbo boost my wittle hands. Lol if you guys have any suggestions or other comments, you can contact me from AIM meh sn is xXshrinerXx hope to here from you all!! *blows kisses*

*Shriner*
***************



"Don’t worry, I won’t break into a million pieces if you punch me or anything." I said light heartedly.

"Knuckles... I don’t want to fight you." The hedgehog bowed his head, refusing my optimism.

"You didn’t have a problem about fighting me before I got this scar." Once again, I surprised Sonic by bringing up the sensitive subject.

"Fine, but I won’t lose, Knuckles." He was now facing me, no grin, no half-wit expression.

Just, blank.

I stepped forward, locking my eyes on his.

"You know, there's no reason to be so serious, hedgehog." I said, mockingly.

I swear I saw a faint smile pass Sonic’s lips. He still wasn’t the same as I had known before. I wanted to see his personality again.

Something I never thought I’d miss.

"Well, I’m waiting." I said teasingly, trying to coax him into beginning the fight.

The hedgehog let out a sigh, and put up his fists.

I still saw no familiar smirk, no determination burning in his emerald eyes. He seemed so dull now, like he was worn out.

Because of me? No... I really don’t know.

"Where’s the fighting spirit Sonic?" I asked, trying to tug out his old disposition that I knew so well.

"It’s right here..." The hedgehog said plainly.

"Fine... I give up. Your no use." I said, it seemed impossible for me to return things to their normal state on my own.

Suddenly Sonic disappeared. I let out a small breathe, surprised at his sudden absence.

Tensing, I focused my hearing, so that I could locate the swift creature. Listening to the soft movement of feet, I ducked down, missing his swipe. I rolled sideways and jumped backwards. The hedgehog disappeared into the darkness once again.

‘What’s that fool doing?’ I thought deeply. ‘He’s just wasting time, he knows I can hear him...’ I dodged another attack from Sonic by meeting my fist with his, until he vanished again.

‘He’s plotting, trying to buy time. But why?’ Then a realization hit me.

He’s waiting for the freedom fighters...

There’s no way in hell I’m letting them do with me as they wish. I was disappointed that this is what Sonic had resorted to. Instead of fighting me in a fair manner.

They can’t lock me up.

I’m Knuckles the Echidna. Those bastards, they don’t know one thing about my strength.

" I know what your up to!" I shouted, halting the hedgehog in his attack.

"What?!" Sonic yelled back at me. "I’m fighting! Isn’t this what you wanted?!" Sonic looked around quickly, as if he were waiting for something.

"You got it all worked out. You fool! Did you actually think that I wouldn’t see it?!" I stepped back, further into the darkness of the temple in a threatening manner.

" What are you babbling about?! I’m not hiding anything!" Sonic stepped forward, growling in frustration. He looked aggravated and tense, still glancing behind him.

"If you really want me out, then you’ll have to do it yourself!" I then kicked back and twisted around, running into the darkened maze. I knew that Sonic could catch up with me no problem, but he would have to find me first.

I heard curses from the hedgehog as I dashed further away. I felt for any kind of surface, I found a cold hard wall, and dug my fists in, breaking away the earth. I didn’t know where the place led, but all my hopes were set on it being far away from Sonic and the Freedom Fighters, who would most likely be in the temple soon. The barrier finally ended and opened out into a large circular room. Hieroglyphs decorated the ceiling with intricate carvings and literature.

In the middle was a deep pool of water. I looked at it, and contemplating thoughtfully.

That's the only way I could get that hedgehog off my tracks... He’s a horrible swimmer.

But then again, so was I. The only time I had gone underwater purposely was in the
Aquatic Mines. At least I knew what I was doing at that time.

I summed up my fears and put them aside. Hearing Sonic’s travel towards my position was motivation enough to dive into the water’s depths. Which is exactly what I did.

With a large splash I dove into the water. Surprisingly the area was dimly lit by diamonds that protruded from the tunnel walls. My dreads floated freely as I swam through the area.

Hopefully it wasn’t too long of a journey, I didn’t have much time concerning oxygen.

The tunnel arched upwards, where I saw a soft light. Hopefully it was the end.

I rose to the surface and took a deep breathe. It looked much like the other room, but there were doors in every inch of the dome. I lifted myself out of the water, standing on the stone floor. I shook the loose drops of cool liquid from my fur and looked around.

"Sure wish I had a bat right about now..." I said sarcastically, thinking about a certain jewel hunter by the name of Rouge. "Which way first..." I was all out of plans, from now on I guessed that it would be all my bets on luck.

‘Maybe I’ll run into that Chaos Emerald... I thought deviously. ‘After all... I do possess all three that we’ve found. Who says I have to give them back.’ I felt a bitter sensation surge through my mind.

Nobody had helped me with Angel Island, why should I have helped them? The Chaos Emeralds would be my reward.

Guess I’m back to being the enemy...
**************

I...Shortened the chapter! Ahahha it was supposed to be five pages... but uh... Yeah :P I just finished the Lost World adventure field in SADX twas’ amazing, I haven’t played that level in, or the game for that matter...two years now O.O; But, it inspired me to add some new content to the whole temple adventure. Your all in for lotsa rooms and ancient puzzles! Whoo! Don’t worry... I’ll try to liven it up, somehow XD. Tata for now! I might come back and update again If I’ve finished the new content before I go ta sleep. But then there's hw x.x I’ll stop ranting now! Bye bye!.