Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Not my Style ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Sry the update took so long today. I had to replay Lost World over and over just to get one descriptive paragraph down X_x I’ll try to speed up the whole romance process... But I’m enjoying writing this story so much! I don’t want it to end XD Okee anyways uhm yeah, new character coming up soon, in the next two chapters or so, don’t really know it depends on what I add to the next few chapters... Ja, enjoy!

*Shriner*
****************




I didn‘t mind being an enemy much, that's how everyone treated me in Knothole anyways. Like a criminal.

I felt independent, the shock and pleasure of being solo once again. I didn’t need anyone. Just the Master Emerald, and power. That's all that really matters now right?

To be a Guardian of power... Nothing else.

This was my battle, no other’s.

It felt good, because it was so normal to me. Just like before...

Before Angel Island was destroyed.

I took out a marvelously shining emerald, gleaming with a vibrant glow of deep violet. I must have been getting closer to the unknown location of the third Chaos Emerald.

I grinned, knowing that it would soon be mine. I looked up at the doors once again, thinking of the best choice. But of course, all of them resembled one another. all just as dark, all looking just as inviting as the next. I picked up a small stray twig that lay on the dirt floor. Holding up the small stick, I dropped it to the floor. When it landed, I looked the way that it pointed in front of me.

Pointing to the door just to my right.

That would be good enough for me. I turned and walked towards the door, holding out the small purple emerald. It seemed more excited now, glowing a brilliant color or violet and pink hues, also luckily for me, lighting up the dark hall as I traveled through it’s depths.


I don’t know how long I had been walking for, but long enough for me to tire slightly. I stopped in my tracks, took off the backpack and leaned against a neighboring wall, and slid down to the floor.

Looking into the pack, I saw two other emeralds, one that my life revolved around, and the other a token of my new-found freedom and renewed independence.

A deep sigh escaped my lips as I closed my eyes. I was hungry, not knowing how long I had gone without food. But I had been without it longer than this before. My thoughts then focused on the hedgehog.

‘I wonder if he followed me...’ I doubted it, even if Sonic had, he didn’t know how to swim. So now he was either back at Knothole, or drowned. Not that I cared much.

Any guilt I felt for leaving was demolished by my anger towards him.

My thoughts faded as I slipped closer to sleep.

‘Can’t fall asleep now... What if he finds me? No... He didn’t follow, I can rest...’ I was almost annoyed by the fact that only water separated the two of us.

Or was it fear that blocked the both of us?

Whatever the answer had been, it was only swept away by the desire to sleep.

I was on my feet, hearing screams from every direction. It felt as if something were gripped around my throat. It was so hard to breathe. But there was no one there. Nothing except the dark hall that I had fallen asleep in.

‘I’m awake... Right?’ I didn’t know anything at that moment. But the room seemed much brighter now, torches accompanied the walls with the bright light of dancing fire.

Screams were still heard, but they seemed dull now, blurred somehow. The voice sounded familiar. Who’s was it? It was someone I knew, someone very important...

It sounds like...

Me.

I woke up yelling, and looked around. The room was dark again.

Why had I been screaming?

"I... I wasn’t scared of anything... I’m not scared of anything..." I murmured to myself, through shuddering breathe.

I was shivering, but it wasn’t cold at all. I felt panicked, everything seemed wrong, I was so confused. I thought I was better now.

No more nightmares.

‘No more screaming. I don’t want to see the looks on their faces!’

The way they had looked at me in Knothole, after I always woke up, like I had risen from the dead. Like I was a completely new person. New in a horrid way. A weaker part of me. I didn’t want anyone to see me like that again.

He had seen me like that... So many times, even just the other night.

I can’t recall exactly what it was that caused my nightmare, it wasn’t something I could pinpoint. Something so deep I couldn’t even understand. When I woke up, he looked so worried.

I never want him to look at me like that again, like I had just died, like I was already dead.

‘Why do you care so much?’ I couldn’t understand why Sonic would worry about me at all.

After all, I am his enemy.

I am...Right?

I squeezed my fists together trying to suppress the anger within me.

I thought I was better!

"I am better!" I shouted to myself as I buried my face in my hands.

I sat quietly with my eyes closed, trying to forget what I had just seen.

I had sounded so helpless, like there was nothing left... In such despair... Was I screaming in my dream? Or only after I woke up...?

Who cares...

At least I was the only one to hear them.

Hopefully...

Thinking to myself, I remembered the familiar presence of Tikal, and Chaos. Why would Chaos want revenge? Even if it wasn’t Chaos. What was it then. A shadow... Of what.

The Master Emerald? Even if it were, how could I defeat it if I couldn’t touch it, or hurt it. I stood up, and stretched. I rubbed my eyes and opened them, the hallways was still just as dark. I pulled the emerald back out, as a source of light.

I stood for a moment, listening, I swore I had heard something. As I focused on the silence, it became much louder.

Screaming?
*************

Oops, cliffhanger >.< Er... Five pages was too long! Sowry x.X Thanks for ta new feedback, I’ll have to work on a few things to make this fic go more smoothly. *sighz* If only there wasn’t school... *sulks*
Next chapter
THE BIG CHASE! X3 oooh I’m just gonna have so much fun finishing that up! Muah! All of Knothole, and knuckles head to head in a competition for the third chaos emerald! Well... Yeah XP

Bye bye for now, I’ll try to update as soon as I can.