Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ All for one ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
*Looks around* Where’d everybody go? Did my story die? Did I do something wrong? >.< *panics*
Er, well, here’s another chapter, if your all still reading the story... Sorry it took me so long to update. My brother is an internet hog. *growls*

*Shriner*
************


For a brief moment I wondered if I was still dreaming.

No, this wasn’t my voice. It sounded much more... Feminine?

A heavy object hit the top of my head, making me stumble backwards and onto the floor. The ceiling was crumbling. Before I could inch backwards away from the corruption the whole structure collapsed, with me underneath.

I could barely breathe. I pushed the heavy rocks and rubble that rested on top of me, in search of an opening. I heard a voice again, but it sounded much closer now. I threw off the remaining surface that had fallen, and sat up, covered in dust and small bruises.

Seeing movement, I turned to my right, seeing a half robotisized bunny tugging at some of the rock, as if she were looking for something important.

"Bunny?!" She yelped and turned aside to me, her eyes widened.

"Ah sugah’ I thought I’d gone and done you in after destroying the ceiling like that!" She looked at me sympathetically.

" You definitely did just that..." I said as I stood up, groaning and dusting off the debris.

"Sorry bout’ that hun..." I ignored her apology.

"What are you doing here?" I asked coldly.

"Well I was lookin’ fer you sugah’ an‘ the Chaos Emerald." I scowled, and the bunny lowered her ears. " Everyone's lookin’ for you."

"Don‘t you mean Emeralds?" I asked.

The bunny was silent, as if she couldn’t come up with a logical explanation.

"Well, we was all worried about you hun..." I crossed my arms, glaring at her.

"Is it the Chaos Emeralds you want?" I asked plainly, glancing over at the bag. " If you want them, then you can have them. As long as all of you stay away from me."

Bunny gazed to the backpack, but brought her attention back to me, a confused expression on her face.

"We were lookin’ fer’ you Knuckles..." I didn’t want to take her words any other way than as a lie.

"Just take them, I’m sure that's why your all here. Good luck finding the rest." After saying that I took the two Chaos Emeralds out of the pack, then laid it over my shoulders. I held the two emeralds out in my hands, waiting for her to take them.

"But sugah’..." She didn’t take the two gems, she simply looked at me.

"Just take them! And stay away from me! All of you!" I yelled as I tossed the emeralds to the floor, then running in the opposite direction.

I was so confused. Why would they care about anything other than the Chaos Emeralds? I was in the darkness of the temple again, getting as far away as I could from the freedom fighter.

My blood went cold, as I heard a familiar voice echoing from behind me.

"Bunny! Which way did he go?!"

I heard the bunny's voice from behind as well. "He went down that way sug’ ,careful, I don’t know what he might do."

"Don’t worry, I’ll catch up to him."

‘Shit...’ I thought quickly, looking up at the ceiling, I leapt off the wall and latched onto the top, now horizontal to the floor which I could see clearly from beneath me. I heard his travel, then saw a blue streak shoot down the long chamber.

‘Your a fool... Sonic.’

I let go of the hold I had on the ceiling and dropped to the floor. The tunnel was completely empty, it was made of aging bricks, with a turquoise tinge to the decorations.

I knew I couldn’t go back, because I would run into Bunny again.

The room echoed as I punched the wall, it was too solid for me to dig through.

I was stuck in the ruins, with others I definitely wanted to be as far away from as possible

I’ll find that Chaos Emerald... Then I’ll take the rest, they belong to me anyways. This was an interesting problem, considering that the ancient echidna civilization guarding the Master Emerald along with the seven servers, the Chaos Emeralds.

They were rightfully mine, I was the guardian of the Emeralds, not them.

My feet carried me through the stone hall, until it opened out into another room.

It somewhat resembles a small temple. Pillars lined the walls, and the floor was engulfed in a thin layer of crystal clear water, it’s source cascaded from a stone snake’s mouth that protruded from the miniature shrine at the other end of the room. Around the fountain was a great amount of lush green shrubbery, and at the end were two sets of stone stairs that surrounded the exit.

I gazed at the sight, admiring it’s beauty, it wasn’t everyday you’d see a preserved shrine in good condition, or for that matter...

Untouched, almost.

I trudged through the water, surprisingly it was pleasantly warm. I walked onto the soft grass, eyeing the peculiar flowers that had imbedded themselves in the wall.

The room echoed as I walked up the steps. I heard a soft dripping sound, it didn’t come from the fountain. I looked over my shoulder, seeing that the small pond that covered the room’s ground was alive with large ripples.

From instincts, I hurried as far away from the room as I could, entering the next.

It was amazingly huge, the ceiling almost out of sight. A platform stretched from the entrance into a circular path. Underneath was a deep pool of rushing water. The whole new area had a cylinder shape to it.

Almost impossible to examine in a way. My eyes scanned the area, there were many different platforms. All varying in different heights according to the water level.

It was all a huge puzzle, and all concerning water.

Definitely what I didn’t bargain for.
*********

What’d ya think? Guess where I’m talking about XP One of my most fav. levels from SA1 Please leave a review people! I really enjoy hearing from you T.T Aaand the new character’s intro might be a little further away than I had anticipated... har har... All thanks to my new shoved in pages. Lalala... I really do hope that you all keep reading, this story is about half way through.... Yeh, its long X.x sry bout that...

Bye bye for now.