Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Unwanted Theif ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Uhm... Anyone still here? .... I feel like I’m typing for a bunch of zombies! I’m not so sure about the next few chapters... I may revise them some. Who knows. He’s still got a few places to go before a real face off with chaos’ shadow. So yeah, enjoy reading. And. Please. Review! T_T


*Shriner*
*************




My mind raced, trying to interpret the puzzling room. There were switches, almost everywhere, my eyes then settled on the wall.

Maybe If I had a bird’s eye view this would be more simple. I bounded off the stone ground and onto the wall, being mindful not to fall into the deep and threateningly swift waters. My distance from the solid ground lengthened as I scaled up the wall, finally I turned around, looking down upon the chamber.

It had one door, all of the different levels had many switches, but two different kinds. Some were round, and had a blue coat. The others, square, and three different individual colors.

There was one door, obviously closed. I inched to the left, decreasing the distance I was from the door. I dropped down onto the platform that stretched in front of the thin wall that separated me from the next room.

I concentrated on it for a moment, staring at the three symbols above it’s endings. They were scorpions, all differed in color and patterns. They looked just as the three switches I had seen from above.

It was so simple, I was disappointed this was the only challenge that held me from the emerald.

But then again, my race probably wasn’t expecting another echidna as a visitor.

Or a thief...

My attention was pulled away from the door, my keen hearing had picked up another’s footsteps. It was that hedgehog again.

I watched him from below, he pressed every switch, until he finally came to one of the squares. His foot tapped lightly on it, sending the button level to the ground it rested in. I turned around, seeing a light glow ignite from one of the symbols hanging over the door.

How did he know?

I watched him more intensely, trying to make sense out of his sudden found knowledge of the temple. Then a thought struck me.

He must have gone through here when...

It was amazing how Sonic could have remembered the puzzle so accurately. But I didn’t have time to admire his achievements. I turned around towards the large door, I would have to get out before he got to the top.

My fists dug into the ground, I inched them underneath the door’s edge, putting fourth all my strength to lift the tremendous weight that was blocking my only solution. My arms shook, straining as I pulled up the rock door.

A large crack emitted from the stone, and slowly began to rise.

I had done it, without having to waste my energy, as to do it the proper way. My laugh echoed through the chamber.

The hedgehog stopped, and looked up, most likely almost missing my crimson figure as I ran through the door.

A chill ran down my spine, even I was surprised by the way I was going about this situation. I halted my travel for a moment, looking back at the door I had just entered from.

Why was I acting like this?

I’ve never been so careless, in all of my time as a guardian. I trudged up the stairs that started at the hallway. The room opened into a small hall. No wall on the right side, but instead was replaced by a row of pillars.

Through them I could see the vast greenery of the Mystic Ruin’s jungles. It was quite a sight. I quickened my pace, somewhat for a moment forgetting that I was being followed, and, If I would add, by the "fastest thing alive."

The skies that covered the trees were dark and unforgiving, it gave me such comfort, and for reasons I didn’t even know.

The light...

Only pointed out flaws. In my eyes, if only.

The pillar numbers ended as I emerged from the small hall. Now there was only a narrow trail that was fastened to the side of the mountain.

I rounded the corner, entering another hallway, built in the same manner as the last. At the end was a door, which opened freely to my presence.

The next thing I knew, was complete darkness.

The room was engulfed by a black mist, only lit by the flames that shot across the room every now and then, held up by forces, unknown to me.

My senses tensed, the emerald was definitely in this room somewhere, and of all places. I walked forwards, until my foot caught onto something. A yelp escaped from me as I fell.

Not knowing exactly what I was falling into until finally I was engulfed in a thin substance.

Now sure of one thing. It was definitely water...

A splash sounded in my ears as I floated motionless under the liquid’s surface. It was extremely cold. It felt like millions of daggers poking at my flesh, almost unbearable, not anything like the water held in the temple’s shrine.

I gasped for air as I rose to the surface. Frantically I searched for anything to save me from such pain. Finally I felt a solid surface, and hauled myself up.

My body shuddered, adjusting to the intense temperature drop I had plummeted to. I turned myself around, still shaking. There was some kind of small mechanism that stood planted in the ground.

Must have been what caused my most unpleasant surprise. I touched it, out of curiosity. It tilted to one side. The next second a flash of light filled the room, until the whole chamber was completely revealed in the light.

It was a mirror... That I had tripped on. I saw that it reflected the light that came from outside, even if there was barely any at all. I saw that the whole path I was standing on stood over a huge pool of water.

Drenched and utterly cold, I walked down the lit path. A blue gleam caught my left eye. My attention then set on a large pillar that towered over the waters. Up on the top I saw the third chaos emerald, gleaming with all its rare beauty.

With my mind set, I headed towards the treasure, excited by its presence.

Suddenly my eyes followed the gem, as it was knocked off of the very ground on which it rested on. It landed on another platform, perhaps a few yards away from where I stood.

‘What the...’

I looked up at where the emerald once was, but now It was replaced by a blue hedgehog. My heart skipped a few beats, as I saw him glare into my widened eyes.

"Huh, that would be mine, Red." Sonic said sarcastically, looking down at me, in a most intimidating manner.

Breaking the eye contact we held, I looked at the emerald, then made an attempt to reach it before he would have the chance.

Hearing him leapt from where he stood, I made a dive for the precious gem. He had also made the same effort, both our hands outstretched towards the emerald.

I noticed that he seemed back to his old self, the Sonic I knew many weeks ago. It was almost as if everything were at a new start.

A rumble echoed through the room. We both looked at one another, as if searching for the source.

The ground beneath us began to crumble, until the emerald in front of us had fallen into the waters. We both looked in astonishment, it was neither of us who caused this, yet it was still taken away so easily.

The very waters that kept the stone afloat began to sway violently.

I had a good idea to the cause of this occurrence.

My sworn enemy, a creeper in the darkness.

It rose from the water, coated in the liquid, and in it’s depths were two shining emeralds, the ones it had stolen a month ago.
************

Well, well? Please tell me what you think!!!! *gets on her knees* I need feedback! Please? PLEASE??
*bows head and sulks* Next chapter is okay, I think I’ll rewrite it before I post though... Anyways... Oh. and yes, I am, a gurl. Sorry :P
R&R You know you want to! ;________;