Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Unfriendly Hunter ( Chapter 20 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
My writing skills suck :| Must, improve >_< Sorry it’s so bad, I’ll probably rewrite it...

*Shriner*
**********


My eyes widened, looking at the distorted Chaos pained me. I was tossed into a panic, I wouldn’t let it take any more from me, especially the two emeralds.

Sonic, who was also paralyzed with fear, was staring at the beast as well.

It stretched out its tentacles towards him swiftly.

I tried shaking off my worries, and grabbed the hedgehog’s arm, saving him from certain death. In a frenzy, I searched for any way of escape.

All completely an endless maze, I was surprised at how much the hedgehog slowed me down, he was staggering from behind, probably still not completely mindset.

"Pick it up Sonic!" I yelled to him from behind, in an effort to snap him out of the trance he had fallen into, but to no avail. He still ran sloppily from behind.

The water seemed to change color, almost to a baby blue, as if it had frozen.

Feeling that I was a safe distance from where the shadow’s entrance had occurred, I looked around the room, trying to find anything that could help me.

"The main shrine is probably through that wall!" I heard Sonic’s voice shout. He must have come back to reality. There was an earth barrier straight in front of us.

I nodded as I stepped down on one knee, inviting his company.

The hedgehog gripped onto my shoulders, and I continued towards the structure.

Leaping off of the hard ground, I attached myself to the wall with a strong razor sharp grip. I dug furiously at the foundation until I broke through.

We both fell out of the fresh tunnel I had plowed through, and onto the hard ground. Now in the ultimate Shrine, I gazed upon the huge mural of Chaos that was carved into the wall. Sitting up, I saw that Sonic was still laying on the ground, but breathing.

At least he was alright, I suppose.

A crackling sound echoed through the large room, I looked up at the burrow we had previously traveled through, seeing it fill with a crystalline substance.

It had iced over.

‘I suppose it has a bit more control over the elements than I had assumed...’

"I don’t think Chaos would follow us into such holy grounds..." I whispered quietly, looking over at where I last saw Sonic, only to see that he was gone.

Looking around, I heard his footsteps.

"Its too small in here!" He whined loudly, his voice filling the hollow room.

"Deal with it." I said smugly, a smirk across my face.

The hedgehog scoffed, then turned into a blur as he ran back and forth across the area. After five minutes I grew annoyed of his constant energy.

"Would you knock it off already?" I snapped. "Who knows, Chaos might think you were so annoying it would come in here and kill you itself."

Despite my words, the blue blur still shot through the area. Finally I stood in front of his path, grabbing his arm.

"C’mon, we’ve got to figure out how were going to get the emerald if Chaos is still here." I said sternly, trying to get it through his thick head.

Sonic pulled back from my grip and shuddered.

"Red, your freezing..." He said in a hushed voice. Looking at where I had held onto his arm, then focusing back on me, his eyes creased in worry.

Ignoring his comment I went on. "That doesn’t matter, if we don’t find it first Chaos will get the emerald, then we‘ll be back to square one! Tha-" Before I could finish my sentence, I felt something warm wrap around my shoulders.

I froze, seeing that the hedgehog had vanished from my sights.

"Your too cold." I heard a voice say from behind, causing me to shudder.

It was Sonic, who was now leaning against me, with his arms folded over me. My mind raced, for a moment I stood still, not knowing what to do. Staring at the ground, I felt strange, like something was supposed to happen. Or that it should be stopped.

Coming to my senses, I ripped myself out of his hold, but only to be restrained again. He was so warm, considering my fur was drenched, any other living being would be a comforting heat.

I struggled again, elbowing him in the stomach from behind.

"Don‘t touch me!" I said coldly, turning around to face him.

Unfortunately I was met by a punch to my cheek.

Staggering back, I held one hand to the bruise that was now forming where the hedgehog had punched me. I saw a flash of blue light, then felt his arms lock around my shoulders. I kicked my feet trying to push him off balance, but he was planted firmly on the ground.

A shiver escaped from me for a second time, feeling his breathe brush against my neck. I was completely helpless, my arms were pinned to my sides, destroying any advantage I had over Sonic.

His grip was stronger than I had always assumed. His chest heaved up and down, most likely trying to improvise for the air I had knocked out of him.

"Why do you keep fighting me?" He whispered to me, the pain clearly distinguished in his voice.
I couldn’t answer, because there wasn’t one to be spoken of.

The only comfort I had at that moment was the fact that he couldn’t see my eyes. For they were troubled with unanswered questions, and new troubles that had risen within me.

Only few had seen me this way, if only, less than a handful. Bewildered and unknowing.

It was like a nightmare, one that I would have to remember forever, because It was, real.

"Knuckles?" He said in a hushed voice, loosening his grip.

Taking advantage of this, I spun around and pinned him to the ground, glaring into his glistening emerald eyes.

We both stared each other down, for moments, but of course, they seemed like an eternity.

"Knux..." He started, ignoring my lifted fist, that was tensed and ready. "There will always be someone who cares about you..."

I was about to punch him square in the face when something tugged me backwards, off of Sonic’s build.

Landing on my back, I saw a pearl colored bat gazing at me with deep green focused eyes, accented with a light blue eye shadow.

"Sorry, to interrupt the fight, boys. But I’ve got a job to do."
**************

That is the new character >.> I couldn’t help it, Rouge is pretty cool in my book. Tell me what you think.
Thanks for reading, and goodnight, well not really O.o;