Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Crimson Act ❯ Two and One makes Three ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*apologizes ahead of time* Yeah! I'm surprised your all still reading >.< I need to speed this up, its getting too long X_X I apologiize!
Enjoy....hopefully T.T
*Shriner*
********





"R-rouge?!" I stuttered in surprise.

"Long time no see, Echidna." The bat said leaning down to my level, purposely revealing her cleavage.

"What are you doing here batgirl." I hissed angrily, finally standing to my feet.

"What else, business as usual." Rouge said in her silky voice, holding up the blue Chaos Emerald.

Sonic and I both looked at the gem in amazement.

"How did you..." The hedgehog said, trailing off.

"How did I? A treasure hunter never reveals her secrets." She said, fluttering her wings tastefully.

The hedgehog was now by my side, his breathing still uneven. Rouge looked at the both of us suspiciously.

"I came here, to take what was rightfully mine long ago." She said, smiling. "Hand over the Chaos Emeralds you have, now."

"Not happening!" Sonic shouted, gritting his teeth in warning.

"You two boys haven’t changed one bit have you." The feminine bat said sarcastically.

I crossed my arms, smirking. I didn’t know how much I had missed her personality. She was a lot like me in some ways, except for the whole stealing ordeal.

Also thankful that it wasn’t just me and Sonic alone...

"If its a fight your looking for, come get some." I said teasingly, making an obscene gesture towards her, in a taunting manner.

She sighed, then caught sight of the pack I possessed. Most likely she assumed that it was where the other emeralds were located.

Not that she was wrong.

Dodging her attempt to grab the backpack, I took hold of her wrist and tossed her into the air. She flipped around, steadying herself back to the ground. Suddenly I remembered that I had handed-if that's what you call throwing- to Bunny.

"Hey batgirl, I forgot to tell you I don’t have the Chaos Emeralds." After saying this, she stopped in her tracks.

"Then where are they?!" Rouge demanded, stomping her foot on the ground.

"I’ll tell you, but only if you tell me who your working for." I said.

The bat looked somewhat surprised by my question. "I’m working for yours truly, who else?" She glanced to her side, minding that Sonic had moved slightly closer to her position.

"I have a feeling that's a big fat lie." I said flatly.

"Your working for Eggman, aren’t you?" Sonic asked.

Rouge’s ears lowered. "I don’t have a choice! That's all I’m going to say, and nothing more!"

"Good, because that's all I care about hearing." I said smiling.

She acted almost like she were intimidated by the both of us, outnumbered now. "Just... Just tell me where the emeralds are! You stinking Echidna!" She snapped.

Sonic looked at me, excepting that I would say something to endanger Knothole’s location.

I searched my mind for some kind of answer.

"C-Chaos took them from us." I lied, not being very good at it either.

"I see." The bat said, staring at me with her forest green eyes.

I was surprised that she had actual believed me. Looking aside, Sonic gave me a thumbs up-not being visible to the bat of course- I then looked back at Rouge, who was glaring at my scar.

"Humph, wouldn’t have wanted to hurt you anyways..." She said.

"My appearance has nothing to do with my power!" I shouted at her abruptly, making her jump back slightly.

Again, my scar had proved as a fatal strike to my reputation, I hated it with all of my heart. I felt cold, inside and out.

"Well, I might as well stay with you two, if you say your so strong, I’ll probably be a lot safer." The bat said casually.

Sonic and I both stared in astonishment.

"You?"

"Stay with us?"

We both laughed hysterically, making the bat huff. "This isn’t a laughing matter! I’ve got some serious trouble following me around. Either you two let me come along, or I’ll tell Eggman where Knothole is!"

Our laughing ceased, and became utter silence. We both gazed at the bat, wondering if it was a bluff.

From the look on our faces, she must of assumed we took her seriously. "Yes, that's right, I know where Knothole is, and I’ll be willing to tell Eggman, right now..." She held up a small radio, her index finger clamped close to the button.

"Fine... You can come, I wouldn’t know why you’d want to stick with us..." Sonic said, sounding angry and defeated.

On the other hand, I was quite happy Rouge was going to stay, that meant no "one on one" time, with that... that... I glanced over at Sonic, catching him staring at me. He looked as if he wanted to tell me something, I shrugged it off.

"Well then, I guess that's settled." She said, one hand on her hip, walking past, brushing against me slightly.

"They’re way too hard to figure out..." Sonic said in a low voice. "They always seem to make a guy out for the bad dude all the time. We never do anything right."

"Yeah." I said, laughing softly.

"C’mon boys, don’t keep a lady waiting, there's two emeralds left to find, and I planned on having them before next sunset." She started to run towards the exit of the shrine.

"You think she knows the way?" Sonic asked.

"Well... She got in didn’t she?" I replied.

"True..."

I watched as Rouge disappeared into the next chamber, lost in thought. For some reason, I didn’t see fit in following her. She was a great person and all, but just not my type.

No girl had ever seemed to be my type, all wanting to settle their lives, there’s no free spirit.

At the though, I glanced over at Sonic, catching him staring at me as well. I quickly turned my head back, facing the doorway. Why would I ever be nervous around him? I’ve never been before.

My mind wandered back to what had happened before Rouge’s sudden introduction. I didn’t feel like myself, at all, but, it wasn’t a bad thing, I suppose.

But...

I never thought he would want to be friends... Tails was his friend...

Or even help me, at all.

The whole topic confused me, how could anyone care for more than one person the same amount? His forgiveness was never-ending.

A soft touch on the shoulder yanked me back to reality. Jumping slightly, I turned around, facing the hedgehog.

"Lets go, we want to defeat Chaos at any cost, even if it means receiving help from Rouge." He said soothingly.

After saying this, we both headed out of Chaos’ shrine together.
***********


Sheeshh... I AM really slow with the touchy feely thing. I sry >.<; I think I may be adding another character to the story.

Guess who, its a he this time. I'm so evil... :) oh, and he's evil too, in this particular story ^___^ *grins evily*

Yes, I added a bat, she’s cool, so nyah.