Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams don't always come true ❯ Angel Island ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Two: Angel Island.
 
Tails was flying the tornado, a plane created by Sonic and Panted by Tails, over the sea with Sonic standing on the wing.
“Sonic, why are we going over to this island?” Tails asked loudly. The friction of the wind on the plane was causing a loud noise making it almost impossible to hear anything else.
“Remember what Sally said? About the legendary Super Emeralds?” Sonic asked back.
“Yeah.” Tails replied.
“I wanna see them. Tails, find a place to land I will go on forward.” Sonic yelled to her.
“Right.” Tails replied. The plane was nearly Sea level. Sonic jumped off and transformed with the emerald to create a golden-like coating. Also reinforcing hi speed making him twice as fast than his hyper speed. Sonic race across the water and Tails flew off. Sonic soon came onto land where he ran through a forest.
 
Suddenly the ground burst open and something knocked Sonic back causing all of his Chaos emeralds to fly into the air. A red echidna caught all the emeralds and stared at Sonic.
“I would advise you to get off of my island.” He said.
“Hey! Give those back!” Sonic yelled at him.
“I must reward you for bringing these back home. You reward is getting off of my island alive.” The red stranger offered.
“No way! Not until I get those emeralds back! And you aren't going to stop me from seeing the super emeralds either.” Sonic put on a fierce face. Tails flew down.
“Sonic, the plane is parked and… uh, who is you're friend?” She asked. Both Sonic and Red looked at her.
“He is no friend of mine.” They both said simultaneously while pointing at each other. The red stranger looked down on them both.
“Heed my warning and leave.” He said and he ran off with the chaos emeralds.
“Hey! Bring those back now!” Sonic began to run after him as Tails followed by flying. They jumped over deadly pits and destroyed annoying robots. They swung on ropes and ran over pieces of ground that fell. Soon the came to a large rocky cliff. Sonic, using his awesome speed, ran up the wall and jumped from wall to wall to reach the top. Tails flew. Both of them ran forward till something hard and metal hit Sonic backwards. Tails flew over to him.
“Sonic! Are you okay?” She asked looking very worried. Sonic sat up.
“Ah… yeah, I'm fine. What was that?” He replied. Tails looked. There was floating a large robot that looked like an old fashioned kettle. It was panted black and had Robotniks ugly logo on the side.
“It's one of Robotniks robots!” Tails said in fear. She never like Robotniks robots.
“Tails! You find somewhere to hide. I'll deal with this.” Sonic said getting up.
“Right.” Tails said as she flew over to a tree and hid behind it looking out on the action that took place. Sonic was fighting an enormous kettle. He used his Sonic dash a lot. The Sonic dash was a moved created by Sonic that creates friction of movement around his body without him moving, it charges a large force in his body that once he has released his body's hult, he would shot in a direction of his choice and if he came into contact with something else, depending on what it is, Sonic usually goes through it or damages it allot. Eventually the machine blew up and scrambled its pieces all over the little area they were in. Tails got behind the tree as the pieces shot past her. Thankfully the tree stopped any loose pieces from going through Tails fragile body. Tails walked over to Sonic who was studying the logo.
“Sonic?” Tails asked.
“Eggman is here.” He said. “What could this mean, what could he want here?” Sonic dropped the logo carelessly and walk toward the direction he was going in before. Tails followed.
“Sonic, if Robotnik is here, then what is he here for?” She asked.
“He must have heard of the Super Emeralds. That's must be it. He is here to steal those emeralds. We've got to warn that red guy.” Sonic push himself into a dash. Tails followed.
 
After going through several more traps and using death defying stunts to get over braking bridges and landslides. Running on the sides of walls and though large hoops. They two ran towards a forest. Suddenly, out of nowhere a large ship came down towards them.
“EGGMAN!!!” Sonic yelled. The ship began to drop large bombs on the two. Sonic dodged them all but Tails was hit by one and fell behind. Sonic unfortunately didn't notice. He ran through the forest and the bombs stopped. Tails caught up to Sonic, quite unharmed. She was a bit bruised and scratched by nothing serious. They were on a piece of island just before a bridge in front of a large waterfall. Robotnik came out from the waterfall in a large machine of his with his favourite logo.
“Hedgehog, you have messed up my plans long enough. You will not ruin this one!” Robotnik threatened.
“Oh yeah? What are you going to do?” Sonic asked.
“I am going to eliminate you.” Robotnik began to fire large flames at the two. Tails flew up high as Sonic pounded into Robotniks machine. Sonic continued to pound into the machine as Tails watch from the air. Robotniks machine soon burst and he was left in smoke and his craft in one piece except all the weapons and armour was destroyed. Robotnik fled yelling…
“You're going to pay for this!!!” Robotnik disappeared. Sonic continued on towards the end of the bridge, which led to a large hill he couldn't climb. The red stranger came.
“I warned you to stay of my island, now you will not get another chance.”
“Hey, we need to warn you of something.” Sonic yelled. The red guy stomped on a switch and the bridge collapsed. Tails began to fly holding on to Sonic and she attempted to get up to the red guy. He punched her in the head taking her out and making them fall.
 
Sonic and unconscious Tails fell into water as they reached the end of their fall. The collision awoke Tails and she realised she couldn't breathe underwater or swim. Tails and Sonic walked through the bottom of the water till the came up to a switch. Sonic was doing a good job at holding his breath, but it was clear to him that Tails needed to breathe, and fast. Sonic didn't hesitate to press the button. A gust of wind blew Tails and Sonic through the now open door and shot them out onto dry land. Tails gasped and coughed spitting out the salty water. Sonic was just huffing and puffing, regaining lost air. Soon after the two recovered they stood up. Tails turned to Sonic.
“What are we going to do, we can't go back,” she said.
“I know. If that idiot thinks I'm leaving without seeing those emeralds, he's got another thing coming.” Sonic replied.
“Sonic, this isn't just about the emeralds.” Tails moaned.
“Fine, lets get going.” Sonic replied.
“Right.” And off they went they ran forward and come into contact with another robot. And thus began yet another fight, Tails looking for somewhere to hide and Sonic doing all the work. This boss was like a large pinball, bit was no match for Sonic as it was destroyed in minutes. Soon after that, the adventure continued. Sonic and Tails fell under water again. They began moving forward and suddenly heard the noise of what sounded like a wall moving. They turned to look to see what the sound was. The wall really was moving towards them, so they moved faster. They just manage to get away with their lives. Tails and Sonic gasping for air as the left the water.
“Note to self. Stay away from water as much as possible.” Tails said.
“Ditto.” Said Sonic. “Lets go…”