Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams don't always come true ❯ Robotniks Plot ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Three: Robotniks Plot.
 
Sonic and Tails met another dead end.
“Now what?” Tails asked Sonic, who was scratching his head.
“Don't know…” Sonic replied. The two were up to their ankles in water. “Think Eggman'll show?” Suddenly, Robotnik flew in. “Speak of the devil.” Sonic said turning around.
“Prepare to eat my latest invention.” Robotnik said.
“Tell me, Robotnik? What is your `real' purpose of coming here?” Tails asked.
“Why would you want to know, Fox girl?” Robotnik
“Curious.” Tails replied.
“I plan to steal the Master Emerald and use its awesome power to control one of my greatest creations ever made. It's an enhanced project, that once fired up, I doubt even that hedgehog or you could destroy it.” Robotnik explained proudly.
“That's what you say about all of you stupid robots.” Sonic mocked.
“You'll find out soon enough, you are trapped down here and you will not stop me from getting the master emerald.” Robotnik yelled.
“So, there is a master emerald now, huh Sonic?” Tails said, making it sound like she had a plan.
“Yeah, I want to see that one too.” Sonic Replied.
“Ha, you won't get that far, Hedgehog!” Robotnik began to drop bombs on top of Sonic and Tails. Sonic dodged, but one hit Tails, which sent her flying into a wall and knocking her out. Luckily her face was facing outwards of the water so there was no strong chance of drowning.
 
Sonic was left alone to take care of Robotnik. But Sonic made short work out of it for the sake of his unconscious friend. Robotnik left yelling…
“You're going to pay for this!!!” and disappeared as weirdly as he showed. Sonic went to care for Tails.
“Tails! Are you alright?” he asked waking her.
“Uh… yeah… I'm fine.” Tails said trying to stand. Suddenly the ground began to shake uncontrollably. Suddenly, water gushed out from underneath them sending them flying into the air.
 
Sonic and Tails both landed with a crash. Sonic recovered quickly, but Tails was in more serious pain than expected. She eventually recovered. The fact that she had to take so long and Sonic had to wait irritated him to death. But they were on the move once again. They suffered deadly traps and falls till eventually they needed to stop because of pain caused by them.
“What is this island called again, Tails?” Sonic moaned.
“Angel Island.” Tails replied.
“Well, we've gone through most of it and I haven't seen Angels yet. I thought angels were good, not trap lovers.” Sonic moaned more.
“This place holds probably the most powerful things on the planet. What do you expect?” Tails asked.
“…” Sonic couldn't reply. “Let's go.” He said, they both shot off.
They came up to a cave like area. Robotnik appeared as usually.
“Now Sonic, you will die this time.” He yelled in pride.
“Heard that one before.” Sonic mocked. Robotnik pummelled his drilling machine into the ceiling causing rocks and spikes to fall down on the two. Sonic and Tails both dodged them this time. Sonic turned to Tails.
“Tails! Hide, I'll take care of this.” Tails followed orders and ran off somewhere. Robotnik appeared from the roof.
“Now Hedgehog! Die!!!” Robotnik yelled as he made the machine charge at Sonic. Sonic ran at him and used his spin dash attack crashing right through the machine. The machine blew up and Robotnik was left floating in his hovercraft. “Why? Why do I always lose?” he cursed at himself.
“Need stronger material.” Sonic mocked. Robotnik fled yelling his favourite line…
“You're going to pay for this!!!” Sonic turned around.
“Tails, it's safe now.” Tails came out of hiding. She looked like she almost had a heart attack. “Are… you okay?” Sonic asked.
“Yeah…” Tails asked quietly, holding her chest and breathing like she had sprinted till she couldn't anymore. Tails walked over to Sonic and passed out, Sonic quickly grabbed her before she fell. Sonic picked her up and continued on for a little while.
 
(A/N: Ok, I hate to tell you this, but writing this is boring me, so I'm going to skip to the point where Sonic and Tails have found the location of the Emeralds. Sorry, but I want to get to the good bit of the story soon. Have I mentioned that on the Sonic Adventure 2 part, Tails will be replaced by someone else, otherwise it will ruin my idea and the plot of the story.)
 
Sonic walked in still holding onto the unconscious Tails. He placed he down on the floor then waited, no matter how irritating it was. It was a long forty-five minutes before Tails came to.
“Uh… Sonic? How… how long have I been asleep?” She asked rubbing her aching head.
“Long enough, can we go now?” Sonic moaned.
“Do you ever stop complaining?” Tails moaned back. “I have a massive headache, my legs feel week. Do you ever think of anyone other than yourself?” Tails attempted standing, but just fell over on her butt again. “I'll catch you up. Go on ahead.” Tails said. Sonic nodded in agreement. Then ran off ahead.
 
Sonic ran up stairs and was taking a look at everything around. There were crystals everywhere. Sonic ignored them, only looking for the emeralds. He jumped onto this pink panel like thing and was teleported up to a higher floor where he began to run instantly. Sonic came up to a room where our red stranger was… Sonic pulled to a halt.
“You! I thought you should be dead by now.” Red yelled.
“Nope, I told you. You won't stop me from seeing those emeralds. Once I've set my mind on something, I never stop till I succeed.” Sonic smirked.
“Fine, then I'll be rid of you myself.” Red said.
“Wait, just one question. Who are you?” Sonic asked.
“I am Knuckles! Guardian of the Master and Super Emeralds. And, thanks to you, I guard the Chaos too.” He replied proudly.
“Ok, nice to meet you, Knuckle-Head. If it's a fight you want, then come and get it!!!” Sonic yelled getting into fighting formation.
 
(A/N: Fighting seen people!!!)
 
Sonic charged Knuckles and smacked his fist into Knuckles face. Knuckles rebounded off the ground and thumped Sonic in the chest, taking his breath. Sonic kicked Knuckles in the stomach and jumped off. Sonic punched Knuckles, who blocked and attacked back. They both kicked each other away and started trying to get their breath back. Knuckles was about to attack again but the sounds of something being ripped out of the ground stopped him.
“Oh no! THE MASTER EMERALD!!!” Knuckles yelled running in the direction he should have been protecting. Sonic followed. Robotnik was ripping a large green emerald out of the highest pillar in the room. Sonic looked down at his feet and saw the seven Chaos Emeralds. He picked them up and put them away, just in case he needed them. He chased Robotnik past all the Super Emeralds, which he took a large glance at. Knuckles jumped onto the side of the Master Emerald as if to say `it's mine'. Robotnik released some metal tentacles and electrocuted Knuckles off of the Emerald. Robotnik escaped with the Master Emerald. Knuckles looked to be weakening. Suddenly the ground shattered beneath them causing them to fall. Sonic looked up and saw he couldn't exactly jump out. Knuckles stood and smashed a wall open. He ran inside. Sonic followed. Knuckles stood on a teleport, as did Sonic. They were in the sky. Knuckles glided over a large gap between them and the other ledge allowing Sonic to pass. Sonic walked over to him.
“You gonna be okay?” he asked.
“Get the master emerald back for me and I will be.” Knuckles replied. `Ironic, I was trying to beat the crap out of him a second ago, now I have to trust him to save my life and the Master emerald.' Sonic looked at him.
“Are you sure?” he asked.
“I'll take care of him.” Tails said from the teleport. Sonic turned to her.
“Tails, when did you get here?” He asked.
“Just go Sonic, you don't have all day.” Tails said. Sonic nodded and walked forward a bit. He transformed into Super Sonic and flew towards the Death Egg, Robotnik's latest creation.
 
(A/Ns: you all should know what happens now with Sonic. But what about Knuckles? Tails stayed with him so I'll say their little story while Sonic is taking care of Robotnik.)
 
Tails walked over to exhausted Knuckles.
“What can I… do to help?” Tails asked.
“Take me back to the Super emeralds.” Knuckles stated clearly.
“K.” Tails pick him up and place one arm round his waist and lifted one on of his arms over her shoulder. She guided him to the teleport and they returned to the emerald chamber. She carried him up to the emeralds and put him down.
“Place me on the green super emerald.” Knuckles said. Tails did so.
“How come you are so weak now?” Tails asked sitting down by the emeralds, crossing her legs and holding her hands together. She began to twiddle her thumbs.
“Because I thought the Master Emerald could never be stolen on my watch, I never practiced being able to survive unless it stay on its pedestal. I thought my power was out matched through out the world, that only someone of my power would come close to taking the master emerald. Looks like I was wrong.” Knuckles told Tails.
“You can never underestimate anyone. It will only come as your own pain. Like now.” Tails said back calmly.
“You hedgehog friend is going to have to be pretty fast if I am to live this.” Knuckles said doubtfully.
“Sonic has this thing about showing up at the last minute. It's a habit of his.” Tails giggled. Knuckles laugh slightly too. “Do you have any type of machine I can tinker with?” Tails asked innocently. At her age of eight, it was basically her way of saying `I am bored.'
“You can fix up that plane of yours. I kind of sabotaged it.” Knuckles said pointing at the tornado. Tails walked over to it.
“…You did quit a number on it. But this looks easy. I'll be done in mere minutes.” Tails said proudly. She began work.
“You know that guy, the big elephant man.” Knuckles began.
“You mean, Dr Robotnik, AKA Eggman as Sonic likes to call him.” Tails corrected him.
“Yeah, he told me he would help defeat you guys if I gave him piece of diamond from the lower caves.” Knuckles finished.
“You mean… he tricked you?” Tails stopped working and starred at Knuckles, lying on the emerald.
“Yeah…” Knuckles said quietly. He fell to sleep. Tails continued to work.
 
Tails had just finished work on the plane, and in good time. A large explosion was heard from above. Tails quickly got into her plane and flew out of the hidden palace. As she left she glanced back at where she came out of to make sure she knew where to go back. She looked up and saw a strange glowing green object in the sky. She flew towards it. Sonic was on the top of the Master emerald that fell down. Sonic fell of the emerald and landed on the top wing of the plane. A metal mechanic hand rushed out of the back of the back of the plane and grabbed the Master Emerald. Tails flew the plane back to the island. She landed inside the Hidden Palace. They placed the Master Emerald back in its pedestal. In seconds Knuckles was back on his feet. He thanked Sonic and Tails. After that, Tails and Sonic took their leave. The seven Chaos Emeralds scattered across the world… Although Robotnik was defeated… he did not plan on giving up…