Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams don't always come true ❯ End of SA1 ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Five: End of SA1.
 
Sonic awoke in the streets. He rubbed his eyes as he began to stand.
“Ah… what happened?” he asked himself. He saw Tails asleep on the floor. “Tails, Tails. Wake up.” Sonic said shaking her.
“Mmm… five more minutes.” Tails said.
“Tails!” Sonic said annoyed. Tails woke up and rubbed her eyes.
“Sonic? What are you doing in my room?” Tails asked.
“I'm outside, Tails.” Tails looked around.
“Hey, the casino. Wanna play?” Tails asked.
“Tails. Eggman came and knocked us out.” Sonic said getting very annoyed.
“Oh yeah.” Tails said remembering.
“Please tell me you still have that emerald.” Sonic pleaded. Tails searched herself.
“Nope, gone. I still have the blue one.” Tails said. Sonic yelled out.
“Right, let's go find more.” Sonic said and they both left for the ice cavern in the mystical ruins.
 
~~~Knuckles~~~
“Hmmm… where is the master emerald?” He looked over his shoulder. “Eggman?” he said. He saw Robotnik holding something, it was shining. “Hey! Is that a piece of the master emerald?” he asked himself. “What does Eggman want with my master emerald? I'd better follow him.” Knuckles entered the elevator where Robotnik went. “Oh no. It's a choosing thing… I hate these. Let's see. They read… `This floor' and `the floor Robotnik just went to'… which one, which one… I know. I'll choose `this floor.'” Knuckles press the button. Nothing happened, so he pushed the other button and the elevator went down. Knuckles come to the floor to see Robotnik. “Eggman!” he yelled.
“Oh, Knuckles. So glad to see you. How are you, old friend?” Robotnik said joyfully.
“Save it, you're no friend of mine.” Knuckles said.
“Fine, who would want to be friends with a stupid knucklehead like you anyway.” Robotnik said insulted.
“Can it, hand over the master emerald piece you have.” Knuckles yelled.
“What this?” Robotnik pulled out the grey emerald he stole from Sonic and Tails.
“That's not the master emerald.” Knuckles said.
“Oh well to bad, but I am glad you showed up Knuckles. You can be my test rat to see how powerful Chaos will be. Chaos…” Robotnik called. Chaos seeped out from a crack in the wall and formed into his normal shape.
“That's the monster that shattered the master emerald.” Knuckles called. Robotnik threw the grey chaos emerald into Chaos and Knuckles saw it transform. A fight commenced between Knuckles and Chaos. Knuckles came out the victor. Knuckles looked at Robotnik.
“He was easy.” Knuckles said.
“Well, you say that now, but just wait. Once I have all the emeralds, he will be complete. Even you will want to worship me.” Robotnik bragged.
“Can it. I doubt that.” Knuckles said.
“Knuckles, you said you was looking for the master emerald shards, right?”
“Yeah, so what if I am.”
“I just thought you might like to know, I spoke to Sonic who said he was going to get all the master emerald shards and not give them to you.” Robotnik said. “But anyway, we have to leave. See you later, knucklehead.” Robotnik laughed as he left. Knuckles left with the Elevator thinking. `Why would Sonic be after the master emerald?” Knuckles boarded the train to the mystic ruins. He walked out of the train and glided towards the water full. He looked and saw Sonic and Tails, who had just collected the green Chaos emerald. Knuckles landed and saw a green light shine from Sonics hand.
 
~~~Sonic and Tails~~~
 
“Sonic!” Knuckles called.
“Hey, Knuckles. How's it going?” Sonic asked.
“Don't play pal with me. Give me the emeralds you have. Right now.” Knuckles ordered, wanting the master emerald shards.
“What? No way. We worked hard to get these.” Tails said, protecting their chaos emeralds.
“Fine, then I'll take them from you.” Knuckles yelled charging Sonic. Sonic charged him back. They crashed into each other and rebounded off in directions. The chaos emeralds flew off towards the edge of the cliff.
“Oh no, the chaos emeralds.” Sonic called. Robotnik flew out of nowhere and sucked up the two emeralds. “Eggman.”
“Ha haaa… now I have 4 lovely chaos emeralds.” Robotnik cheered holding the blue and green emeralds in the air. Knuckles looked at the green one.
“Wait… that's a chaos emerald.” He said aloud.
“Thanks, Knuckles. You played right into my hands.” Robotnik taunted.
“What? Don't tell me Eggman fooled you again.” Sonic said to Knuckles.
“Me? What about you?” Knuckles said back.
“Way to go, knucklehead.” Sonic yelled at him.
“Chaos, time for lunch.” Robotnik called. Chaos came out. Robotnik fed him the emeralds and Sonic and Knuckles battled him. They won and Robotnik became annoyed.
 
(A/Ns: sorry about the lack of fights, I am bored of rewriting all this so I want to get it over with so I can get to the end. Oh, and at the end. If you want a sequel, I'd be glad to write it.)
 
A shadow beckoned over the 5 people. They all looked to the sky. They saw a huge ship.
“Behold, my flying fortress. The Egg Carrier. It's the greatest thing I have ever built. We must be off. Au revuar.” Robotnik laughed as he was pulled into the Egg Carrier.
“Sonic, lets use the tornado and go after him.” Tails suggested.
“Fine. Lets go.” Sonic called.
“You go on ahead. There is something I've got to take care of first.” Knuckles said.
“Okay, see ya around Knuckles.” Sonic said. Sonic and Tails ran to Tails workshop, where Tails got the Tornado and Sonic got on. Both of them took off after the EC. Tails flew in front of it. “Nice work Tails. That thing's huge, lets see if we can land on it.
“Ready the cannon.” Sonic and Tails heard Robotniks voice. “Aim… FIRE!!!” Suddenly, this huge blue beam came out of nowhere and took of Tails left wing.
“Oh no. Sonic. Hold on!!!” Tails said as the plane began to fall to the ground. Sonic flew off of the plane and both Tails and Sonic went of in different directions. Tails collided with the ground taking her out cold.
 
Tails awoke. She looked around. She saw her plane. It was wrecked. She had to find out if Sonic was okay. She stood up.
“Oh no. Where am I?” I need to get my prototype up and running and find Sonic. But my plane needs a chaos emerald.” Tails looked to the left of her and saw the red emerald. “Wow… talk about convenient.” She said. She walked over to the emerald. Suddenly a frog came out of nowhere and snatched it. Tails jumped and caught the frog. She got the emerald. Suddenly, this very large cat ran up to her, causing her to get scared and drop the frog. Which ran off in another direction. The cat followed the frog. Tails looked at the emerald.
“Time to go.” She thought. She began to walk but the bottom of her jeans was caught on some thorns.
 
(A/Ns: oh yeah, forgot to mention. These guys have clothes. Sorry, I'll detail it more often.)
 
She quickly removed it and ran off towards her workshop. She entered and took a long look around. She walked over to a dark, large, plane shaped machine.
“Okay, now all I do is place the chaos emerald here.” She said placing the emerald at the front of the plane. She got in and started up. “I hope this works.” She said as she began to move toward the opening shaft. She flew out under the waterfall and flew towards Red Mountain. She circled around it till she saw a blue figure at the edge of the tip. “HEEEEEEY!!! SOOOOONNNNIIIICCC!!!!” Tails called.
“Tails! You're okay. Glad to see it.” Sonic said. Tails flew just under him as he jumped of the side of the cliff and onto the plane.
“Tails! This isn't my plane.” Sonic moaned.
“Sorry, Sonic. Your plane is trashed and un-repairable. This is my plane, but it has you name on it because I basically used the plans of your plane.” Tails apologized.
“Hey, it's okay. This plane looks better anyhow.” Sonic said cheerfully.
“Sonic…” Tails started.
“What is it, Tails?” Sonic questioned.
“…This plane… I've called it Tornado 2.” Tails finished.
“Cool, now, lets get Eggman for trashing my plane.”
“Okay!” Tails flew towards the Egg carrier. She began to fire upon it. Robotnik spoke out of it again.
“Curses, you two aren't dead yet. Well, I hope you've enjoyed life as far as this because yours ends now.” He said.
“Mere threats, Egghead. Prove it.” Sonic said in his usually cocky tone.
Robotnik fired upon them but Tails new plane transformed and its speed exceeded everything Robotnik fired at them, therefore they dodged every single blow. “Tails. Land over there.” Sonic said hastily.
“Um… oops…” Tails said.
“What do you mean oops?” Sonic asked.
“In this mode… there's no landing gear.” Tails said.
“WHAT!!!” Sonic yelled. Crash!!! They crashed onto the Egg carrier. Tails and Sonic got out. Tails with several tears on her face. Sonic noticed.
`Man, she really hates it when I yell like that.' “Tails… I'm sorry. It just came as a complete surprise.” Sonic explained. Tails ignored and went of towards the front of the egg carrier. Robotnik spoke up again.
“Not so fast, you pests. Lets see if you can get me…” The ship began to vibrate and unfold. Two large metal pieces unwrapped and spread out like wins and the front of the ship lifted. “…Now. The only way to do that is through the Sky Deck. If you fall, you die.” Robotnik laughed.
“Cool… Tails, did you see that?” Sonic asked. Tails ignored him still and walked towards the Sky Deck.
 
Tails jumped out into the sky deck.
“I see what Robotnik meant. We're like five hundred miles up. Gotta be careful.” Tails ran forwards into a large group of Robotniks robots. She dodged their bullets and ran straight past them. She jump up and grabbed a ladder, which she used to climb up to a higher level. Upon arrival she ran towards the pillar at the end of the large path. She heard a mechanical noise and looked to her left to see a large cannon turning to aim at her.
“Oh… shitake mushrooms.” Tails said. The cannon fired. Tails booted it away down to the pillar. The Canon kept turning and shooting her. Tails ran from pillar to pillar to pillar till she came to a deep end. An absolutely enormous canon faced her. She looked up and saw an opening. She flew up just as the canon fired. She reached the top utterly exhausted. She grabbed onto the side of the hole she flew up and felt like she was going to fall. She let go and was caught by a blue arm with a glove on it. She looked to see Sonic. She was still mad at him, but was grateful he saved her. Sonic pulled her up.
“Are you okay, Tails?” Sonic asked.
“Yeah… I'm fine.” Tails replied.
“Okay, lets go.” Sonic said. They both sped off towards the end of the ship. And entered via automatic door.
 
Robotnik was just leaving. Sonic and Tails looked to see him leave. The ran over to this floating platform and decided to use it to go up to the surface. Upon arrival they saw Robotnik, Amy and a little bird. Sonic called out.
“Amy! Are you okay?”
“Sonic! Help me!” Amy called. Robotnik used a grappler claw to grab the bird. “Not the birdie.” Amy called.
“It's not the bird I want. It's this!” Robotnik said holding up the other blue chaos emerald.
“What the… it's a…” Tails started.
“…Chaos emerald.” Sonic finished.
“No way.” Amy said grabbing her bird. Robotnik flew up a bit.
“Gamma!” Robotnik called.
“Yes, Robotnik.” Called out a computerised voice.
“Take care of these meddlers. If you fail, I'll obliterate you.” Robotnik shouted as he flew off. Sonic and Gamma began to fight but Amy stopped them. She complained about the robot being her friend. The ship began to vibrate out of control.
“Uh oh… Sonic. The ship. It's losing altitude.” Tails panicked.
“Tails. Take Amy and leave.” Sonic said.
“What about you?” Amy asked.
“I'll crush that Eggman once and for all.” Sonic yelled and he ran off. Tails grabbed Amy and jumped off the ship. Amy let out a large screech causing Tails to let her go and cause a bigger screech. Tails caught Amy.
“listen big mouth.” Tails started. “I am the only one of us two who can fly. Screech again I'll drop you. And this time, I won't catch you.” Tails said as she started to fly.
“Hey! Tails! What's your problem, huh?” Amy asked angrily.
“You are.” Tails said. They reached the ground and Tails let Amy go.
“Tails, you've gotta…” Amy started.
“Can it… and get away from me.” Tails said as she walked away from Amy. Tails never really liked Amy because she always tried stealing Sonics attention.
 
Robotnik crashed and attempted getting up.
“It's… Robotnik!” Tails said. Robotnik was complaining.
“Ack… that Sonic. He always seems to get in my way. He defeated my poor Chaos. Ha… doesn't matter.” Robotnik regained flight. He moved over to the see edge. “I'll still destroy Station Square.” Robotnik pushed a button and fired a large missile at the town. Tails covered her head and crouched, awaiting her inevitable doom… but it never came. A large thud was heard but that was it. “What! No, it's a dud! I'll activate it myself.” Robotnik flew towards the missile.
“Not if I get there first.” Tails said. She ran towards the missile and flew into the air. Easily overtook Robotnik and defused the bomb. She jumped down to the ground. It had turned to night. There was a large crowd. Eggman came down.
“So you beat me to the missile you little pest. That's it. Tails! Now you die!!!” Eggman flew up and came back down in a large crawler. Tails waited awhile.
“I… Its… f.f.f.f…fine. S… Sonic'll show.” Tails said scared out of her mind. Robotnik moved towards her.
“No… I've gotta be stronger. I can beat him. BRING IT ON!!!” Tails yelled.
Robotnik charged Tails. Tails pulled out a few capsules. (A DBZ thing) She triggered them and got two large cannons. (I did say this is my variation of the story.) She shot them at Robotnik. All missiles coming into contact. Tails fired them again and again.
“Ack… so… it's a missile fight you want huh? Take this.” Robotnik fired a series of twenty-five missiles. Tails dived out of the way of four of them, shot three, kicked two back. Dodged the next six. Did a back flip and avoided nine. And the final one came into contact with her. She dropped one launcher and flew into a wall. The missile shattered the bones in her left arm. (Not literally.) She lifted the other launcher. She had one eye open and was gasping for air. Her shirt was torn and her left part of her chest was reviled. But her fur kept lurking eyes away. She shot the final shot at Eggman. It collided with the main computer system causing an upset and explosion sending Eggman flying into the mountains beyond the town. Tails dropped the final cannon and collapsed on the ground in front of everyone. A civilian walked over and crouched down to her. He had long white hair and a black trench coat. He wore a leather pair of trousers and boots. He lifted Tails up and began to walk towards the hospital with a crown of people behind him…
 
2 weeks later, Tails was fine. She had a cast but nothing to serious.
Sonic was relaxing by a tree.
“Ah… won't be seeing Eggman again, yep.” He yawned.
“Sonic!!!” Tails called.
“What is it, Tails. Ya find the Tornado 2 yet?” Sonic asked.
“Never mind that. Angel Island is falling again.” Tails called.
“What? Who blew it this time? Lets go.”
 
At Angel Island, Robotnik and Knuckles were on the floor.
“It's Knuckles. And Eggman. Knuckles. You okay?” Sonic asked.
“So…nic. He took all the emeralds I had… and Chaos… is still alive.” Knuckles stuttered.
“What?” Sonic said.
“Ack… he's not gonna get away with this!” Robotnik yelled as he flew off.
“Sonic, Lets go…” Tails said. “Sonic…? Hey, Sonic. Hello, Earth to Sonic.” Tails called waving a hand in front of his face. Sonic snapped out of it.
“Uh… sorry, guess I dosed off a bit there.” Sonic smiled.
“Good thing your okay.” Tails said. “Sonic, the Last emerald should still be on the tornado 2.”
“Right, lets go.” Sonic said and they ran off.
 
The found the plane in the mystical ruin lost forest.
“There it is Tails.” Sonic said. They ran over to it. A large blast if water flew up from the water under the plane. When it stopped…
“No! He's got the last Emerald!” Sonic yelled.
 
Sonic and Tails arrived at Station Square. It was a mess. Chaos was unstoppable. Robotnik tried a frontal attack with the Egg Carrier 2. But Chaos easily destroyed it. Chaos absorbed the energy from the Emeralds. Tikal was there and was talking to Sonic about putting Chaos back into the Master emerald. Sonic friend came with all the emeralds.
“Sonic. Chaos only used the negative power of the emeralds. You can use the positive to counter attack.” Tails said. Sonic took the emeralds and transformed into the old Super Sonic. He flew out toward Chaos. Chaos attacked Sonic with a blast of powerful energy. Sonic dodged. Chaos did it again but was miles off.
“Ha… nice shot! That is if you were aiming for me.” Sonic mocked. Then he realised. He turned his head to see the beam heading for his friends. Knuckles Ran and jumped into Amy causing them both to move out of the way. Big the cat ran out of the way and Amy's bird flew out of the way. But unfortunately, Tails was too afraid of the light to even move and BOOOOM!!! Tails got a perfect collision with the beam causing her to speed through 4 large business buildings and hit the flooded ground. Unconscious Tails head was just floating above water level so he didn't drown.
Amy, Knuckles, Sonic and even Big felt sadness, as it was clear to them that Tails died in that explosion…
 
That's what they thought…
 
To Be Continued…