Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams don't always come true ❯ A Shadow in Light long forgotten! ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 6: A Shadow in Light long forgotten!
 
She opened one eye slightly and glanced around the large white room. Table was placed on the left side of her bed as a heart rate machine was on her right. She was connected to long strings of wires leading to a water bag connected to a large stand with more wires leading into the machine. She attempted to lift herself from the bed, but unable to, she lie back down.
“Oh… you're awake. Finally, I was worried.” Said a sleepy voice. Tails tried to look down to where the voice came from, but it only made her chest throb.
“Ah…” Tails moaned with pain.
“You okay, Tails?” asked the voice.
“What… What happened?” Tails asked.
“Tails, you missed it.” The voice said again.
“My name… is Tails?” Tails asked. “Ah, my head… can't… remember…” Tails moaned. She wanted to lift a hand to her aching head but it would respond.
“Tails?” the voice asked, mystified. “What are you saying? You… you can't… remember? What do you mean?” The voice asked again.
“Who… are you…?” Tails asked,
“Tails? It's me… Sonic!” The voice answered in a panicky way.
“Son… ic…? That… sounds… familiar… but… where?” Tails asked herself aloud.
“T… Tails? You… you can't have forgotten me. I'm you best friend… Tails?” Tails had just fallen asleep, her breath a swift and silent as the wind. Sonic got up and left to find a doctor. Meanwhile… Tails was pulled into a dream un-remember-able.
 
Tails was stood in a large area, like a town. Red, spiky creatures roamed the village, and Tails didn't recognise any of them. She walked over to one.
“Excuse me… can you tell me where I am please?” She asked, very sweetly. The red creature snorted.
“Humph, get the hell away from me you great freak of nature!” He snuffed as he walked away. Tails stood there, not knowing what happened. She walked around a bit. She was hit purposely by most of these creatures. Suddenly she saw a peach one standing by what looked to be an old temple. Tails walked over.
“E… Excuse me… co… could you… t…tell me where I am… please?” Tails asked, nervously. The female peach turned around. She had a sort of robe with sandals and a golden headband with a blue crystal in it.
“Tails… there you are.” The girl said.
“Tails? So, that must be my name.” Tails said.
“I know what you going through Tails. I have dragged you into my world through your dreams to get you memory back. Will you help me?” the girl asked.
“S… sure, what can I do?” Tails asked.
“Good. Come with me.” The girl leaded Tails off towards the entrance of the temple. Tails followed, believing there to be no other way of going. After a short while they both stopped. They were in a sort of art museum.
“Where… where are we?” Tails asked.
“We are inside you memory banks. This is the delete area. All your deleted memories are stored her till you forget them completely. Then they must be experienced again to be remembered.” The girl said.
“o… ok.” Tails said, confused.
“Tails, it's okay, you're dreaming, but this is also reality. I can access everything in your head. You nightmares, dreams, most wants, and most hated memories. Lets get started. I want to transfer some of these files back into the main database. Lets start with the main importance. Whom you are.” The girl said moving over to a large picture of Tails with her second plane, the Tornado 2.
“Uh…” Tails was about to ask.
“Before you ask, it is more important you know who you are before you know who I Am.” The girl said. Tails looked surprised and was about to ask another question but, “Don't be surprised, I can access you thoughts Now, Lets get started.” The girl said. Tails and her spent ages and ages trying to restore her memory. But in life only four and a quarter minutes had past.
“Okay, I am Tails, He is Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, Big, Robotnik, and you are Tikal. Got it.” Tails said proudly. Tikal, the girl, showed a sigh of relief.
“Good, now that that's done. I can now access you database and restore them completely.” Tikal sat down on air and this computer appeared in front of her. Tikal began typing and sent Tails back to reality.
 
Tails awoke again. She was startled by the female doctor checking her pulse rates. Tails called out in pain as the pain in her left wrist throbbed. Tails pain soon past as the doctor let her hand down gently. Tails looked around a bit. Amy was stood looking out the window.
“Amy…” Tails said.
“Huh? Tails, Sonic said you couldn't remember anything.” Amy said turning around surprised. “How do you feel?”
“I fell like most of my bones in my body are bust.” Tails joked.
“Not surprising… they are.” Amy said.
“I was kidding.” Tails said.
“I wasn't.” Amy replied, sitting on the stool next to her.
“Heh… so… what happened while I was out.” Tails asked.
“A perfect nightmare. The worlds life was at stake by Robotnik again.” Amy snuffed.
“Again. What about Chaos?” Tails asked.
“After Chaos shot you, we al thought you died… Sonic went ballistic and…”
 
~~~Flashback~~~
 
Sonic stood in the same spot he saw Tails blow away at. He turned to Chaos.
“YOU MOTHER <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> <Censored> MORRON!!!! YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!!!!” Sonic sped at Chaos with great speed.
 
~~~End Flashback~~~
 
“And Chaos was defeated soon after that. Anyway, Robotnik freed a black hedgehog, almost as cute as my Sonic.” Tails snorted. “Sorry, I forgot you hate it when I talk bout Sonic like that. But this black hedgehog attacked us and stole six Chaos emeralds. Sonic had the last one. We went to this place called ark, where Eggman got the last emerald and put it in this weird machine. Then we were pummelling to the earth. Sonic and this black hedgehog, Shadow I think his name was, stopped us by using the emeralds and beating up this huge space lizard. Then Sonic came back in and Shadow fell to earth” Amy finished.
`She talks to much.' Tails thought.
“What happened to him?” Tails asked.
“Duh, he obviously died. He fell, like, millions of feet, let alone as a gigantic fireball.” Amy said. Tails sighed.
“I need to sleep now okay?” Tails asked.
“Okay, I'll tell Sonic your okay.” Amy said getting up to leave. She left the room and Tails fell asleep again.
 
~~~Three weeks later~~~
Tails was better again. She and Sonic just had an argument about dinner and Tails ran away crying. She had run to Station Square Central. She sat on the water fountain in the middle of the pathway. She cried her heart out. She looked up and saw something un-imaginable. A black hedgehog walked past with his coat blowing in the wind. Tails fell for him instantly.
 
This black hedgehog noticed her and walked over. He looked down on her as she looked up to him. He had a sort of evil glare. Tails was getting sort of afraid. His glare turned into a more soothing expression.
“May I take a seat?” he asked. Tails just nodded. “Who was it?” he asked.
“Huh? Who was what?” Tails asked.
“Who made you cry?” He asked.
“My… friend.” Tails replied. “Sonic, he argued with me cause I wanted what he didn't for breakfast.
“Then he's a fool.” The person turned to face her. He moved his hand and removed a tear from the left of her face. “Anyone's a fool to make a girl as cute as you cry.” He said. Tails blushed. “Where do you live?” he asked.
“Why?” Tails asked back.
“Curious.” The guy said.
“Curiosity killed the cat.” Tails said back.
“Lucky for me, I'm not a cat.” They both laughed. “Wow.” The guy said. “You laugh is so cute.” Tails blush went deeper into a visible shade of red. “A shy one I see.”
“What's your name?” Tails asked looking away to hide the blush.
“Shadow.” He replied. “Very shy.”
“What you or me?” Tails asked.
“You. What's your name?” Shadow asked.
“Tails. Um… are you doing anything on Thursday?” Tails asked.
“No, why do you ask?” Shadow asked in reply.
“Because… there's a movie I want to watch, but I can't see it unless I am accompanied by someone over the age limit of fifteen and Sonic doesn't like the genre.” Tails said blushing.
“Well, I'm seventeen, so I guess I could take you along.” Shadow said smiling.
“Cool, it's on around about seven o'clock.” Tails said standing up and rubbing her face dry.
“Right, now. Can you tell me where you live?” Shadow asked standing.
“What for?” Tails asked in reply.
“So I can come and pick you up.” Shadow answered.
“Oh, ok. I live in the only house in the mystical ruins. You'll come off the train and see a large workshop to the right of where you should be standing.” Tails explained.
“Cool. See you on Thursday.” Shadow said. “Bye.”
“Bye.” Tails said, and they both walked off in separate directions.