Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams don't always come true ❯ Forge of heart Part one. ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Seven: Forge of Heart!
(Just needed to fix a few things. Seems I put the wrong message in the wrong fic. Apologies.)
 
After a three and a half hour movie, Shadow and Tails exit the cinema. Tails was dressed in a large white dress with sparkles and white gloves with golden thin bracelets, as Shadow was in a black pair of jeans and tank top, he had white gloves and his traditional hover shoes, used for running. Tails was wearing her traditional Sonic shoes. Shoes similar to Sonics but different, colour wise.
 
Shadow and Tails were both laughing hysterically. This movie brought them together because it resembled their current situations. It was quite ironic that a corny movie Tails invited Shadow to would actually affect their lives to bring them both together the way it did. Tails and Shadow were now going out. By Mobian rules, Tails and Shadow could marry by now if they truly desired, but it was FAR too early to be thinking about that. Shadow was walking Tails home and was going to stay over for dinner, Tails assuming Sonic wouldn't mind. Tails was about to board the last train when she heard an explosion. Both her and Shadow went to check it out.
 
At the jewellers shop, Robotnik was floating in his usual ship and this white and black bat, dressed in leather was standing outside a flaming building.
“Damn! Give me that back, Eggman!” the bat yelled.
“What this?” Robotnik smirked as he lifted the red Chaos emerald.
“That gem is mine, I stole it first!” The bat yelled.
“We'll just see about that.” Robotnik said. Tails turned to Shadow.
“Shadow, that's a chaos emerald. Can you get it away from Robotnik? He'll only use it to try and rule the world.” She pleaded. Shadow nodded and rushed towards Robotnik. He jumped and stole the emerald from him.
“Ack! Curses! Who the? Ah, Shadow. Nice to see you my friend.” Robotnik said.
“You're no friend of Tails. So you no friend of mine.” Shadow said back.
“What ever do you mean, Shadow. We were best of friends till you fell down here.” Robotnik said.
“Truthfully, I don't even remember you.” Shadow said.
“What? You forgot your lifetime friend?” Robotnik asked, putting on a fake sad expression.
“Shut up, moron. Tails doesn't like you, so I won't.” Shadow said.
“But, you must like me. You definitely did before.” Robotnik replied.
“That was then this is now.” Shadow said.
“God, Shadow.” The bat said. “Robotniks a moron. You were never friends.” She smirked.
“Quite Bat Girl” Robotnik yelled.
“Humph. Robotnik, I refuse to give this to you.” Shadow yelled.
“Fine, but I'll be back! And I shall take it from you, the hard way!” Robotnik flew off, doing his maniacal laugh. Shadow turned to Tails and walked over to her. He handed her the emerald.
“Here, you keep it. You know about these more than I can remember them, so it's best suited in your hands.” Shadow said to her. Tails blushed and took the emerald with both of her hands. As she brought the emerald closer to herself she felt as though her heart was heating up. Like someone had just lit a fire underneath it. Shadow walked her back towards the train station. The batgirl just watched, then snapped out of it.
“Hey! Give me that Jewel. I stole it first.” She yelled running after them. (A/N's: you should all know by now that this is Rouge, so I'll just call her that from now on ok.)
“I'm Rouge the Bat, But you can just call me Rouge. What's your name?” Rouge asked.
“Milies `Tails' Prower.” Tails said.
“Shadow.” Shadow said.
“I was asking the fox. I know your name.” Rouge insulted.
“…How.” Shadow asked.
“Ok, now this is just sad.” Rouge said, “Are you going to give me the emerald now?” rouge asked Tails.
“Nope.” Tails said.
“Why not?” Rouge asked. “I stole it first.”
“It's not safe inside and Jewellers shop, and you stole it. Two good reasons why I'm keeping it. And the best was…” Tails started blushing again. “…Shadow… gave it to me.” Tails smirked. Rouge shrugged her shoulder and took off. Shadow and Tails boarded the last train, as it was about to leave.
 
Sonic waited patiently. Sat in the couch chair.
`I wonder who Tails date is? She never told me she found someone she loved. This is bizarre. Oh well, might as well just give them my best wishes or something.' He thought. Click. The door opened slightly. Tails walked in.
“Sonic? Do you mind if my date stays over for dinner? Please?” Tails pulled on some puppy dog eyes. The ones Sonic could NEVER resist.
“…Oh, all right.” Sonic said smiling. Shadow walked in through the door. Sonic looked at him and his facial expression suddenly changed.
“Um… do you know you've got a dead rat out there.” Sonic smiled.
“Well, look who's full of surprises.” Sonic said.
“Why do you look like me?” Shadow asked. “You're not some sort of fake hedgehog are you?”
“No way, dude. I'm as real as you.” Sonic said.
“Oh, ok.” Shadow said back,
“What's for dinner, I'm staved.” Shadow and Sonic said simultaneously.
The three ate a large meal fit for nine people, because Sonic's stomach is a black hole and Shadow is almost exactly like Sonic.
 
~~~4 weeks later~~~
Tails woke up. She stretched her arms out wide and pulled the covers away from her. She slid out of bed, rubbed her eyes, slipped on her slippers and walk out of her room and down the stairs. Sonic was in the kitchen preparing something or other. Shadow had just recently moved in and he and Tails were now very close. Sonic didn't mind.
“Sonic.” Tails said rubbing her eyes. “What are you doing?” Sonic turned around. He was in an apron. Tails tried to keep a straight face. (A/N's: in fact, so did I.)
“I am busy cooking breakfast, so I am a little tied up here. Tails something came in the mail, you mind opening it for me.” Sonic said going back to cooking. Tails walked over to this large box. She only saw a strange type of wrapping on it. There was now address sticker or anything. Tails unwrapped it and looked to see a full set of tools complete with a sword. `Why would Sonic order a toolbox and sword?' Tails asked herself in her head. She looked around it and saw a hanging label. She looked at it and saw, `To Tails, from Sonic.' Tails jumped in joy and ran to Sonic and jumped on his back yelling,
“Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, Sonic!” Sonic was trying to breathe.
“No… problem.” Sonic said. “Can you… let go now?” Sonic asked. Tails let go.
“Why not go around to your friends houses. I'm sure they have plenty of presents for you.” Sonic suggested.
“Okay… Shadow!” Tails called out.
“He left already.” Sonic said.
“Oh. Okay. See ya Sonic.” Tails said as she took off for Station Square. Upon arriving she walked out of the station, She saw Cream walk off around a corner. Tails decided to follow. Robotnik decided to come out of nowhere.
“Hello, Fox-girl!” Robotnik called.
“Robotnik!? What do you want?” Tails called back.
“Tails, I'm surprised. I just…” Robotnik put on an evil glare with a large grin. “…Wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!” Robotnik threw a bag down and it exploded, sending Tails flying into the nearby wall. Shadow saw this and ran over.
“You jerk! You'll pay for that.” He said.
“Don't worry, Shadow. I've got enough party bags for everyone.” Robotnik said as he threw more bags everywhere. They began pulling down minor objects, such as lampposts, fire hydrants and mailboxes. Shadow leaped up to Robotnik and smashed into his ship, causing it to fly out of control and back into nowhere. Shadow walked over to Tails. She was unconscious.
“Tails…” Shadow whispered. “Tails… can you here me.” Tails did not reply. Shadow thought this might be a good opportunity for something head been planning. (A/N's: for you that are sick minded about just about everything. No he is not about to rape her.) Shadow placed a letter in Tails left hand and a small wrapped present box in the other. He walked over to the nearest trusted person.
“Excuse me. I need to urgently do something, but I don't want to leave Tails over there on her own till she wakes up. Could I ask you look after her for a while? She'll probably wake up soon.” He asked.
“Sure.” Said the man. It was the same man who took Tails to the hospital, months ago, the man with the long white hair and a black trench coat and leather pair of trousers and boots. He walked over and sat next to Tails. Shadow ran off.
 
Tails woke up.
“Ah, you are awake.” White said.
“Who… are you?” Tails asked.
“Names Evia.” He said.
“Tails.” Tails said, standing up.
“Do you remember me?” Evia asked.
“No, not really. Can't say I do.” Tails replied.
“Never mind. I think you must have dropped these.” Evia said handing over the letter and box. Tails looked in an awkward way, but took them nonetheless.
“Thanks.” Tails said.
Tails opened the letter and looked inside. It said, `To Tails. Love Shadow. Open your present, and then turn this card inside out. Then open the little flap that'll appears.' Tails obeyed and unwrapped and opened the box. Inside was a nine carrot gold ring with a red stone and two white stones, one on its left and one on its right. Tails was confused… or was she surprised, angry, sad, happy or embarrassed. She didn't know. Truth was she was all of them, this will be explained later. She did the next step, turned the card inside out and a flap appeared. She lifted it and saw, `Marry me, if you can find me. Here is a clue. From the swing you can see my hands, or at least my face.'
Tails was angry because Shadow didn't ask her directly, as well as sad. She was surprised because it's always surprising. Happy because she was going to marry, hopefully and embarrassed because Evia saw the whole thing. Evia just sighed and walked away. Tails was confused because of how she had all those feeling at the same time.
“From the swing you can see my hands, or at least my face? What?” Tails asked herself. Evia turned around.
“It's a riddle. And I expect you'll get more. I'll tell you this one but the rest, you're on your own. Here is a tip, think of the most obvious things for the riddles answer; for instance, the only swing I know of is in the park. And that is off about two blocks away from the clock tower. A clock has two hands, the big and small, it also has a face. Get it? Go to the park where from the swing you see that clock and I guarantee you'll find another letter or object of writing. See you, kid.” Evia left and enter a building somewhere. Tails thought about it for a few minutes then decided it was obvious and she was going to take his advice.
 
Tails went to the park; she found the letter attached to a large spear on the swing. The park was deserted. Tails opened the letter.
`A fat person yells, a large monster replies. Heed these words, and fight to survive.' Tails looked at the spear.
“A fat person yells? What? Ok. He has me completely confused.” Tails said. Robotnik appeared.
“Ahhhhahahahaaa! Listen up fox-girl. It's time you died. ABOMOLON!” Robotnik yelled.
“A fat person yells…” Tails whispered to herself. This huge golem appeared. “…A large monster replies… Heed these word and fight to survive. I don't get it. What's the last part?” Tails looked over to the swing. She saw the spear again. “Duh?” She said. She grabbed the spear, hid the box and looked up at the Golem. Robotnik watched from the sidelines. Tails lunged the spear at the golem and it got caught in its neck. It looked pretty undamaged. Tails jumped up and pushed the spear in deeper. The golems head rolled right off. Tails jumped down.
“That was easy.” Tails said. She wondered now. The clue didn't leave anything behind. Robotnik was still in midair, smiling about something. Tails looked away and began to think. She rubbed her check in frustration. Suddenly she heard something that sounded like rock moving and moulding together. Tails turned around to see the golem in full form…
 
(Heh, I bet you thought that was too easy didn't ya. Well, next up is the second half of this chapter. I just love cliff hangers.