Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams don't always come true ❯ The Wedding, The Honeymoon, the unforgiving act. ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Nine: The Wedding, The honeymoon, the un-forgiven act!
 
Shadow was in his Room. It was mere minutes before he had to go and stand to wait for Tails, his bride, to walk up to him and they make their vowels. Shadow was nervous. His hand was shaking almost uncontrollably, as if he was in freezing temperatures, although it was perfectly warm in the room.
Sonic, Shadows best man walked up.
“Dude, you're shaking.” He said.
“I'm fine.” Shadow hissed.
“No you're not.” Knuckles said. Knuckles was a pageboy, Sonic's idea.
“I'll be fine.” Shadow said.
“Pre-wedding nerves huh?” Sonic asked.
“Yeah.” Shadow replied.
“Well at least you're okay. Just don't drop out at the last minute.” Sonic said, sitting back on the couch.
 
Tails was also getting ready.
“Cream, you look so cute in that dress.” She said.
“Thanks, Tails.” Cream said.
“So, when does this end, I wanna get to the party.” Rouge asked.
“You won't be pole dancing, I absolutely forbid it.” Tails strictly forbid.
“Damn,” Rouge said folding her arms. “This dress is really itchy.” She complained. Amy loved this; she was going to stand right next to Sonic.
“Okay, everyone. It's time.” Said a reporter.
 
(Okay, I don't do weddings. I am not married, never have been, probably never will be. So I have no idea what happens at this point, so imagine. Thanks. Sorry for any inconvenience. Once I find out what goes here I'll put it here. Anyway Shadow and Tails go on a honeymoon.)
 
Tails walked in through the automatic door.
“Wow!” Tails yelled. “How cool! It's got anything a mechanic wants.”
“Yeah, nice pick.” Shadow agreed.
“To think, it was a one out of eighty chance of getting this place. These next to weeks are going to rock.” Tails said, excitedly.
“Then lets get the week started.” Shadow said, swooping Tails off of her feet and heading for the bedroom.
 
(If this was one of Kattx or other hentai loving person, you can guaranty this would be a hentai scene. But this isn't hentai so for all you hentai lovers, you can imagine what would be here. Back to the story.)
 
“Wow… that was… extraordinary.” Tails said in a smooth way, trying to take in what just happened. Shadow was looking at his hands and was thinking things like, `what did I just do.' And `I should not have done that… not yet.'
Tails got off the bed and put on her t-shirt and Trousers.
“What's wrong, Shadow?” Tails asked, slipping on her shoes.
“N… Nothing, I've got to go clear things with myself.” Shadow said slipping in his jeans. He slipped on his Top and jumper and large coat.
“I'll come with you.” Tails said, putting her necklace back on.
“No, I… I have to do it alone. I'm sorry.” Shadow said, heading out of the automatic door.
“He's not having regrets is he?” Tails asked herself. “Wow, that felt pleasant. Hmmm… he shouldn't regret that, it's not like I'll get pregnant.” Tails walked out of the room and headed to watch the television.
 
Several hours later Shadow returned. It was very late at night and Tails was already asleep. Shadow walked in and over to her side of the bed. Her stroked her forehead gently. He then kissed her even more gently. Tails remand asleep but put on a small smile.
Shadow walked over to his side of the bed and placed a letter on the bed. He lifted his coat up and took his leave.
 
Tails woke up the next morning. She looked on the other side of the bed, expecting to find Shadow, but instead she saw a note. She picked it up. She expected something like. `Gone out for a few hours, be back by dinner and we can enjoy the holidays.' But what she read was nothing like she expected.
Tear weld in her eyes. This couldn't be right.
`Dear Tails.
I need to clear myself. I feel as if I've abused you. I need to clear my thoughts and redeem my sins. I am sorry I have left but I cannot look at you without feeling guilty. Goodbye, my sweet.
Love Shadow.'
Tails cried into the letter and forced herself to fall onto the bed. She couldn't believe this.
“We've only been married for a day, and he's already gone. Why? Why'd he leave?” Tails cried. She rubbed her cheeks clear of the tears in her eyes. She looked towards the balcony to see if she'd be able to see him. She ran over to look. All she saw was a large garden with flowers, trees swings and a pond and fountain. No Shadow. Tails wondered back inside and got back in bed, where she then cried herself to sleep.
 
Tails waited throughout the whole two weeks of the honeymoon for Shadow to return. He never did. Tails was forced to return home… alone.
“I hope he remembers where I live.” Tails whispered to herself. She had just got off the plane in Station Square. There she dragged her stuff towards the train. She sat down in the train and pulled her legs towards her face where she cried again. “He didn't do anything wrong, so what does he need to redeem? I didn't do anything wrong, so I couldn't have made him leave. Why… why did he have to leave.” Tails cried as the train zoomed through the tunnel. Tails waited patiently for the train to stop, hoping Shadow would be standing waiting for her. But, when the train did stop, Shadow wasn't there.
 
Tails got off the train and dragged her things to her house. She walked up the stairs, not caring that her things were banging on the stairs. She pulled out her keys and walked inside. Sonic was upstairs.
“Tails? Is that you? I'm just clearing out my things for you.” He said.
“Don't… *Sniff* don't bother.” Tails said. “I've still… *Sniff* got room.” Sonic walked down stairs.
“Tails? What's wrong?” He asked very concerned. He walked over to Tails, who was still snivelling. Tails didn't respond, she was trying to hold in the sniffing and hiccups. Sonic opened his arms and waited. Before long Tails dropped all of her stuff and rushed to cuddle him and cry out loud. Sonic stroked her back trying to sooth her and calm her down.
“Shadow… left… me.” Tails said, while crying. Sonic stroked her some more.
“…Let's go sit down, okay?” Sonic said softly, like he was talking to a child. Tails still was after all. Sonic led Tails over to the sofa. He left her there, sniffing and hiccupping, whilst he went to get her, her favourite snack. Sonic came in and gave Tails her favourite chocolate bar and he put down some blackcurrant on the table. Sonic asked what happened. And Tails of course told him everything…