Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams don't always come true ❯ Tails Find ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Ten: Tails find…
It's been one year since Shadow left Tails. Tails was with Cream and Amy. Amy had got Sonic at last and Cream was still single.
“So girls, what are we going to do first?” Tails asked.
“Let's play cards.” Amy suggested.
“Okay.” Tails said. She pulled out a full deck of cards.
“What game?” Cream asked.
“Black 5.” Amy said.
“Okay, black jack afterwards.” Tails said. She shuffled the cards and dealt out 5 cards to each of them. Tails dealt so it's Creams go first. The top card of the deck was placed in the middle of the table. It was 2 of Clubs.
“Okay Cream, you need to come up with a 2 or pick up 2.” Amy said.
“I don't have any twos.” So Cream picked up two. And that ended her turn. It was Amy's go. She had 5 cards, King of Clubs, Jack of Clubs, 7 of Diamonds, Jack of diamonds and 6 of Diamonds. She placed the Black Jack down and rotated the direction of play. So it was Creams go again. Cream had 7 cards, King of spades, 7 of spades, king of diamonds, 8 of spades, 10 of diamonds, 8 of diamonds and 9 of diamonds. She had to pick up another card, as she couldn't make a move. She picked up the 4 of clubs. Now it was Tails go. Tails had, Queen of Clubs, 4 of diamonds, 5 of diamonds, 2 of diamonds and Jack of hearts. She put down the queen. It was Amy's go. She put down the king of spades. Cream put down the king of spades and diamonds. So the leading deck was diamonds. Tails put down the 2 of diamonds.
“Pick up two, Amy.” She said. Amy had no twos so she had no choice but to pick up again. She got 10 and Jack of spades. It was Creams go.
 
She put down the 8 of diamonds, the 8 of spades and the 7 of spades, in that order, leaving her with 3 cards left. The 8 means miss a go. She put two making Tails and Amy miss a go and then it was her turn again so she put down the 7. It was Tails turn. She couldn't move so she picks up 1 card. It was Queen of Spades. Amy's turn. She put down jack of spades and diamonds, in that order. She only has 3 cards left. It was creams turn. She put down the 10 of Diamonds. It was Tails go. Tails put down the 4 of diamonds. So it was Amy's go. She put down the 6 of diamonds. It was Cream's go again. Who put her last diamond, the 9. Cream knocked on the table.
“Last card.” She said, excitedly. Tails put down the 5 of Diamonds. Amy put down the 7. Amy knocked on the table.
“Last card.” She said. Cream had to pick up, as did the other girls. Cream got the 8 of clubs, Tails the 9 of clubs, and Amy the 10 of clubs. Cream still couldn't go so she picked up the 9 of spades. Tails picked up 5 of hearts. Amy picked up Ace of Spades.
“Score.” Amy said.
“Amy got an ace.” Cream said.
“You little cheat, you peeked.” Amy moaned.
“No I didn't. You always say that when you get an ace.” Amy remained silent.
Cream picked up again, 2 of Spades. Tails picked up the 3 of spades. And Amy used her Ace to change the suit to clubs.
“I'm gonna win.” Said Amy. Cream put down the 8 of clubs and Tails missed a go. Amy put down the 10 of clubs then spades. Leaving her with no cards.
“I win.” Amy said.
Cream put down the 2 of Spades. Tails had to pick up two. She looked distracted. Cream put down her 9 of spades. Tails put her queen of spades down. Cream picked up 7 of hearts. Tails put down 3 of spades. Cream picked up 3 of hearts. Tails picked up 4 of hearts. Cream put down the 3 she just got. Tails put down the 4 of hearts. Cream placed the 4 of clubs on that. Tails put the 9 of clubs down. Cream picked up the Ace of clubs. Tails picked up the queen of hearts. Cream used her Ace to change to hearts. She knocked on the table.
“Last card.” She said. Tails put down the Jack of Hearts. Cream put down the last card she had, the seven. Tails was beginning to cry.
“What's wrong Tails?” Amy asked. Tails put down all of her cards. They were all Hearts, the 5, 10, 6 and queen. Tails was still married to Shadow, even though he wasn't here. The fact that her cards were hearts made her cry, not the fact she lost. Amy tapped Cream on the shoulder.
“Maybe we should leave her alone for a little while.” She said.
“Okay.” Cream grabbed the cards and put them back in one deck. She and Amy walked away. Cream didn't notice but a card slipped out of the deck and landed on the table in front of Tails. It was the Ace of Hearts. Tails picked it up and studied it. She walked over to the other girls.
“Hey, do you wanna watch T.V?” She asked.
“Sure.” Cream said. They went over to the television.
“What do we watch?” Tails asked.
“Kids channel.” Cream said.
“Choose you're romance.” Amy said.
“The mechanic show.” Tails said, with her eyes closed and smiling.
“What's on the news, Tails.” Amy asked.
“I don't know, lets find out, yeah?” Tails asked. Turning to the news channel.
`with many reports. Back to you Stuart.'
`Thanks Tom. In other news, it seems Dr. Robotnik is up to his old tricks again. But this time, it looked like he has converted the world saving hero, Sonic the Hedgehog. A Dark hedgehog figure was heading towards Robotniks lair just a few hours ago. Here is some footage.' The T.V. showed a dark hedgehog figure walking up to the large corporation of E.G.G.M.A.N. Amy and Cream looked at each other, and then at Tails. Tails look was a shocked one, she was starring at the screen in disbelief.
“Sh… Shadow…” She whispered. Amy and Cream walked up to her and started stroking her and petting her.
“It's probably not what you're thinking, Tails.” Amy said. Tails stood up and walked towards the stairs.
“What's she going to do, Amy?” Cream asked.
“I don't know, Cream. But I have a hunch. And I don't like it.” Amy said.
Tails came back down in a strange dress with three new objects. A large sword, a large staff and a bazooka. She headed straight for the door, without another thought. Amy and Cream ran towards her.
“Tails! No! It's way too dangerous. You'll be killed.” Amy said. Tails didn't respond. She just kept walking. Tails headed straight for Robotniks Fortress.
“Amy, quick. We'd better tell Sonic.” Cream said.
“But we have no idea where he is.” Amy said.
“Then let's hurry and look.” Cream said. they ran off towards the train.
 
Tails arrived at Eggman's base and walked right in through the front door…
 
(A/N's: The next chapter's gonna be a blast. Constant fighting for the whole thing. Then comes my next fight, which is going to make you want to do something I seriously am going to regret.)