Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Dreams don't always come true ❯ The final fight ( Chapter 13 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter Thirteen: The Final Battle… Robotnik Verses Shadow!!!
 
Shadow lowered his wives body gently. He stood up with anger and hate in his eyes. He turned his head in the direction of the final door. He walked towards it. The seven Chaos emeralds appeared and began to circle Shadow. Shadow walked to the door and looked at the chair, facing away from him.
“So, ultimate life form. Why have you come?” Robotnik started.
“You… killed my wife.” Shadow said,
“Actually, she killed herself. It was her the knocked Xhana away… and was the one who caused the pipes to fall. So I have no fault in her death actually.” Robotnik laughed, still facing away from the raging hedgehog. “She died searching for you. So in all favour, I am the least person on the list of the cause of her death. Xhana is on third, for she started the ball of power. Tails is second because she caused Xhana to throw the ball into the wall. And you…” Robotnik turned around, but instead of showing Shadow a large egg shaped fat man, Robotnik was actually a very tall and muscular man. He began to walk over to the hedgehog. The chaos emeralds flew around the hedgehog, getting faster as Shadow's rage became more and more intense. “…You are the main cause of her death. You left her in the honeymoon. She waited and waited for you to return. She waited for a year. But… you never returned. Then she came across a news report saying you came here. You came here, for one reason. The Chaos Emerald. Which you got. After you left you wandered through the forest and suddenly heard the commotion here, knowing it would be Tails. You came back, but it was far too late… The pipes had struck into Tails lungs causing lose of breath and plenty of blood. In your effort to save her… you never actually realised that technically… you killed her. She died out of love for you. A romantic scene of tragedy and loss. Shadow… admit it. You killed her… and you won't stop there. You won't destroy me and will not gain your revenge. You'll go on a rampage and kill everyone you meet. It will be a replay of the project `Ark'. You will repeat history and destroy all humanity.” Robotnik laughed in Shadows face.
“Shut up…” Shadow whispered getting angrier.
“I really think you should be thanking me…” Robotnik began to walk away.
“What! My wife is dead…” Shadow started grabbing the orange emerald. “…She is dead because of…” Robotnik interrupted.
“You!” He laughed.
“No you're wrong! She's dead because of you! Because you set her up! This was all a big set up. Those pipes didn't fall by accident. They were meant to fall on her.” Shadow shouted. “Why should I thank you?!”
Robotnik laughed once more. “Because… she was just a pest… a pain in the neck just waiting to die. She was a real fly to squat. And you helped me do it, Shadow. Think about this Shadow. We could rule this world easily. We are far stronger than any other living being alive. Not even Sonic could stop us! Our power would be unmatched. We would become gods. Think about it for just a few minutes. You can't possibly want the world less than that ugly…” Shadow lifted his head… “…Pestering…” Shadows eyes grew into an angry vicious look… “Two tailed vixen freak!” Shadow yelled at him.
“YOU WILL DIE FOR THAT!!!” Shadow became Super Shadow and charged Robotnik. Robotnik punched Shadow out the door. Shadow landed near Tails body. He stood and walked slowly towards Robotnik. Robotnik threw a bomb and it blew up on top of Shadow. Shadow burst out of the flames and slammed his fist into Robotniks side. Robotnik kicked him away. Shadow landed feet first on the wall and leaped at Robotnik. Robotnik head butted the flying hedgehog. He then kicked him in the chest and launched him into the nearby wall. Shadow got up, determined he wasn't going to lose. Shadow flew forward; he kicked Robotniks legs taking him to the floor. But not for long as Robotnik flip kicked up and smashed into Shadows ribs. Shadow gasped in pain. He reacted by twirling away from Robotnik and landing on his feet. He needed to gain energy so he stood gasping for air and holding his chest. It was obvious Robotnik was winning cause he didn't even look fazed. Shadow went in for another attack. He slide kicked Robotnik and then threw him over to the pipes that lie on the floor on top of Xhana. Robotnik picked one up and launched it at Shadow with brute strength; Shadow was distracted, giving Robotnik a free shot, which he took. Shadow was knocked across the room and crashed into a wall. Robotnik didn't stop, he was charging at Shadow like a mad bull. Shadow got up and dodged Robotniks attack. Robotniks head went through the wall taking the whole thing apart. Shadow ran over to the vacant aeroplane and ripped off the propeller and launched it at Robotnik who took it to the chest unharmed. Robotnik smashed Shadow to the ground and the stood on his chest cracking a few rib bones. Shadow kicked Robotnik in the crotch, which got him off and Shadow took foot, one of Robotniks that is. Shadow swung Robotnik around in circles expecting to throw him at the plane, but Robotnik slapped the ground making his body twirl out of Shadows grasp and kick into his face. Robotnik and Shadow stopped fighting to take a breather.
“What wrong Shadow? Distracted? Is it fear? Fear of losing? My offer stands open. You can join me Shadow. We can rule this world, no! The universe. We would be an unstoppable force.” Robotnik attempted to turn Shadow back to darkness.
“No way! I'd gladly die next to Tails than work as a slave to you!” Shadow shouted at Robotnik.
“Fine. But, you don't know what you missing.” Robotnik said, still trying to convince him.
“I'm sick of you and your lies. It's time you died!” Shadow went back in for more attacks. Robotnik easily dodged them and counted with a flying kick. Robotnik jumped on Shadow and launched him into the roof. Shadow fell down and Robotnik kicked him in the face. Shadow fell to the ground but quickly recovered and jumped up. Robotnik grabbed him by the neck and began smashing their heads together cause tremendous pain to Shadow, as Robotnik didn't seem affected. Shadow kicked Robotnik away from him and flew in for another attack. Robotnik grabbed him at the last second and threw him into the ground face first. Robotnik then threw him up and smashed him to the side of the wall causing the Chaos emeralds to fly out all over the place. Shadow was right next to Tails corpse. He looked at her innocent, cold face and felt guilt rise up. It was obvious. He couldn't get revenge. He couldn't kill Robotnik. Tears filled up in his eyes. Robotnik picked up a Chaos emerald. Shadow looked at him.
“Shadow! I have one more thing to say before I kill you. You were right. It was I. I did kill the fox. I threw those pipes at her. I knew she would die and I knew you would come back. I am more powerful than Chaos, more powerful than the bio lizard… and I am more powerful… than you… in super form. I'm glad she died. I wished it upon her. And what's better is…” Suddenly Shadow jumped up yelling a horrifying cry of love and hatred. Love for his dead wife and hatred for her killer. He became a hyper-formed Shadow…
“What? This is impossible!!!” Shadow stared deeply into the eyes of his enemy… looking at pure fear…