Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel Hunter ❯ The First Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Why isn't anyone reviewing? Waaaaaaah!

~Sonic's POV~

"Who are you?" I asked. She backed away from me a little more and took up a fighting stance.

"That's none of your business," she stated.

"Look, I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to know your name," I said. She eyed me carefully.

"My name is Ariel. Good bye," she said and ran off. I watched her run. Sure, I could have caught up, but I chose not to. I turned around and headed toward Sanctuary. Bro' and sis' were doing their own things. Cyrus contacted us. He had gotten information about one of Robuttnic's latest schemes. We decided to take it out early.

~Ariel's POV~

I was running and running hard. I found myself outside of the forest. I sat down in the roots of a tree. I was still trying to figure out everything that happened.

"What am I going to do?" I groaned. An explosion in the distance caught my attention.

~Normal POV~

Sonic, Sonia, and Manic had tried to stop Robotnic, but they were never expecting him to use some sort of jewel against them. It had caused a minor explosion in the area they were fighting. The hedgehogs were just trying to avoid Robotnic and the jewel.

"What the hell is that thing?!" Sonic yelled.

"I have no clue, bro'," Manic said.

"You really should give me that jewel before you hurt yourself," a female voice said. Robotnic and the hedgehogs turned to see Ariel sitting on top of a piece of wreckage. She looked at Robotnic.

"Why should I give this to you, hedgehog?" he growled. Ariel smirked.

"I gave you a chance," she said and leapt at him. She kicked his stomach and he went flying back about twenty feet into a building. Ariel smirked, walked over to his unconscious body, and picked up the jewel. I was in the shape of a crescent moon and was an ivory kind of color. She smirked. Robotnic began to move. She flipped out of the way.

"Give that back," Robotnic hissed. She smirked and shook her head no.

"It belongs to me, just as the others do," she stated. The jewel began to glow and attached itself to her silver chain. Sleet attacked her. She easily sent them packing. The others came out of their hiding spot. They were in shock.

"Who are you?" Sonia asked. Ariel turned to look at her and noticed Sonic.

"My name is Ariel. It looks like we've got a common enemy," she stated. "I must leave. May we meet again." Sonic was just staring at the spot where she had been. An emotion he had never felt before chiseled in his heart.