Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel Hunter ❯ Joining the underground ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The moon shone bright on Mobius that night. It would be hard for Ariel to get any sleep where she was staying, out in the woods. She finally gave up on sleeping and decided to wander around and think.

'Why am I here? Those jewels brought me here. I know that much. Where are the other jewels? Should I help those other hedgehogs?'

A rustle in the bushes caught her attention. She took a fighting stance. An adult hedgehog stepped out of the bushes.

"Who are you?" Ariel asked.

"My name is Queen Aleena, the true queen of Mobius," Aleena answered. "Who are you?"

"My name is Ariel," she said. Aleena smiled.

"I need your help," Aleena said.

"I don't give out my help willingly," Ariel said.

"It will help you get all of the jewels back," Aleena said. Ariel looked confused.

"What do I do?"

"Help my children."

"Who are your children?"

"The hedgehogs whom you saved today."

"I'll do it."

With those words Aleena ran into the forest and disappeared. Ariel sighed. She would do anything to get those stupid jewels and go home.



~Next day~

"Robuttnic's up to something," Sonic stated.

"I agree with you, bro'. I think that other chic has something to do with it, too," Manic said.

"I don't know," Sonia said. Sonic and Manic both looked at her.

"What do you mean? She said those jewels were hers," Manic said.

"They are mine," a voice interrupted. Everyone turned to see Ariel leaning against the doorway. She had both of her eyes closed with her arms crossed in front of her. The all looked at her.

"How did you find this place?!" Manic yelled. Ariel opened her eyes and looked at him.

"I was told how to get here, thief," she answered. Manic looked shocked.

"How did you know?" Manic said.

"I grew up on the street. I had friends who were pickpockets," she said shrugging.

"Who are you?" Sonia asked.

"I told you, I am Ariel," Ariel answered.

"Ariel who?" Manic asked.

"I don't have a last name," she answered. "I was left on the streets when I was born."

"How did you find your way here?" Sonic asked.

"I was told how to get here by a woman name Aleena," she answered and smirked.

"ALEENA!" they all yelled. I nodded.

"Now do you trust me," she said. "I am here to help you with that over sized excuse for a living creature."

"Why are you helping us?" Sonic asked.

"I am after a small amount of jewels, like the one Robuttnic used on you before. Each of them holds a different power. I need all of them to go back home," she answered.

"Welcome to the Underground," Sonia stated. Ariel smiled.