Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel Hunter ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I am here by doing a contest. The person who can come up with the most original character will be in my story. Put your character's name and species in your Review. Leave your E-mail ads well so I can E-mail you about your character.
"Speaking"
'Thinking'
/Spirit to Ariel/
//Ariel to Spirit//
Ariel sat on a rock over looking a peaceful lake. She smiled at the peacefulness. She wore a Chinese child shirt and black pants. Her long black hair was tied back in a ponytail.

"What ya up to sis'?" a voice asked from behind her. She turned around and found herself looking at her pillow.

'Another dream. What the hell is going on?!' Ariel thought.

/Beware, little one./ a soothing voice said.

//Beware of what? Who are you?//

/We are the spirits that lie within the jewels. I am Lunaria./ another voice answered.

/I am Wrin./ the other voice answered.

//Who should I beware of?//

/You will know soon enough./ Wrin answered.

//Tell me.//

/Be patient, little one./ Lunaria said quietly.

The two voices shut up and wouldn't answer her yelling. Ariel sighed and got out of her bed. She winced slightly as her bare feet hit the cold, hard floor. She decided to get dressed. She put on her shirt and shorts and went outside. A soft smile graced her face as she looked at the moon above her. The wind was very light and gentle, even though it reeked of the smell from Robotroplis.

"What do we have here?" a voice said behind her. She gasped and spun around. A group of gang members were looking at her. One of them was a fox, two were cats, and three were raccoons.

"It looks like we have a little hedgehog who doesn't belong on the street," one of the cats said. He smirked at her.

"Looks like we'll have to teach her a lesson," the fox said. They all converged on her. Ariel knocked them all away with one kick. She smiled at them as they ran away.

"Nice fighting," a new voice (AS: A lot of new voices, huh?) complimented. Ariel tensed up and looked around her. A white wolf was watching her from a side street. He was wearing a dark green shirt and dark brown pants. He smirked at her.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Ariel demanded. He smirked.

"I am Ares. I want to help you," he said.

"Get away from me!" Ariel screamed and ran from him. She smelled soot in front of her. She instantly froze.

/Fire!/ Lunaria hissed.

Sonic, Sonia, and Manic were standing in front of Robuttnic. He held a small jewel that was shaped like a flame made from a ruby in his hand. He had created a ring of fire around them.

"You will die, pathetic hedgehogs. Looks like your friend abandoned you," Robuttnic sneered. Ariel jumped above them all.

"I will never abandon my friends, 'Buttnic!" Ariel screamed. The fire went out suddenly and the jewel began to glow a bright red. It flew out of 'Buttnic's hand and on to her chain. She smirked. Robuttnic stared at her and ran.

"Very well done," Ares called to her. Everyone turned to look at him. He smirked.

"Who are you?" Sonic asked.

"I am Ares."

"Why are you here?" Ariel growled.

"The Elders sent me to help you. They want you to learn. Until we meet again, bye," Ares stated as he disappeared in a puff of smoke.