Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Jewel Hunter ❯ Quit Messin' With Me ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ariel: I'm back, everyone. You had better hurry up and get in the contest. Remember, you only need to tell me the name of your character and the species. Please leave your E-mail address so I can contact you to ask questions about attitude and stuff like that.

A warning: This chapter will be all Ariel's POV. It gives a little background information about her and about her dreams.

I laid in my bed, trying to get to sleep. Sleep wouldn't be that simple to achieve though. I was sick and tired of staring at the ceiling. I got out of bed and went outside. I ran through the city and made it to the forest where it all began. I walked through the forest absent-mindedly. I soon found myself at the spot where this all began.

'This is where the beginning of this adventure started. I miss home.' I thought. I walked over to the lake and sat down on a rock that bordered it. I stared up at the sky.

"Who am I?" I whispered to no one in particular. I felt a tear slide down my cheek. I brought my hand up and wiped it away.

'I don't need to be thinking of this right now. I am in the middle of a fight. No one needs to no my past, my pain, my . . .my dreams. Am I. . .am I even who I think I am?'

-Flashback-

It was the streets of Indianapolis. I had just arrived and was trying to find shelter. I was only 13. I was wondering around the city very cautiously. A noise behind me startled me.

"Hey boy, looky here! It's a helpless little girl," a boy called to his friends.

'I'm not that helpless.' I thought. Three guys lunged at me. I just kicked them once. They went flying.

"What are you?" one of the boys asked.

-End Flashback-
'What am I? That's a good question. I WAS human, but now I'm a..a..a..a hedgehog. I'm on a strange planet and I'm fighting in a war that is going on between some of the animal people and a human-like-kinda-not really man named Robotnic. So affectionately named Robuttnic by the Underground. The Underground.' I sighed as I thought about this particular subject. 'The Underground is strong because of Sonic. Sonic. He's the first one I ever met. I guess that's why I feel this way towards him. I must be nuts. I'm not from this world. I should not be falling in love with anyone from this world.'

I stared up at the sky. My dreams were beginning to haunt me even as I was awake. The same thing always happened. I was just at somewhere different each time. My first dream was at a place where a lot of springs with bamboo poles sticking out of them were. Then I saw a dojo building. My latest dream had me flying-- or jumping--on the roofs of buildings and houses. Each time, a boy about my age would ask me what I was doing. He would call me sis'.

"Who is he? Is he my. . . .brother?" I whispered into the night.

/He might be./ a new voice whispered to me.

//What's your name?// I asked.

/Firey./ the voice answered.

//Thanks, but that still doesn't answer what I am// I told him.

"WHAT AM I?!!!" I screamed into the night sky.