Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Kai-ta ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 1
“Are you sure you want to do this?” Asked Rotor. Katie reached over to a lab table and pickd up a small glass vile, with bubbling green liquid in it. The neon purple lights of the laborartory reflected against the walruses purple fur, making him look more intimidating than he really was. He had on a yellow baseball cap that was turned around, and a jacet that wasn't zipped.
“I'm positive Rotor.” Said Katie as she faced him. She had light colored skin and blonde hair. It was in a short ponytail at the moment, and the ponytail ended only about an inch away from the nape of her neck. Her silvery eyes shone a light purple in the light and with a brightness that was determination. She had on a pink tube top, and a black zip up jacket that was open at the moment. Her pants were a simple pair of blue jeans. The shoes were a semi-high heel. Like Amy's shoes. In fact, that's where she got them.
She walked over to a small laptop that sat open on Rotor's desk. The screen was a glowing lime green.
“You and I both know I'm the only one in Mobius who's a human.” She said. She put some of the liquid into a panel that slid into the computor.
“But you've always been a human. What if you don't like it as an animal? There'd be no way of turning back.” Said Nicole. She was the computor.
“At least I'll fit in.” Said Katie. Nicole sighed.
“Type in your animal.” She said glumly, sounding beaten. Katie thought for a minute. Then she finaly typed in two words- `Albino Fox'. The panel shifted open and carefully Katie picked it up. There was a whirring noise that came from the hall.
“Rotor, I have the-, What are you doing?!” Shouted Tails. He was an orange two-tailed fox, which could fly. He had a white stomack and muzzle, with three orange hairs that stood up on the top of his head and bent over at a certain point.
“Tails, now before you get too bent out of shape, she's doing this on her own free will.” Said Rotor.
“But we don't even know if it will work on one of us! Let alone a human!” Shouted Tails. He set down the bag on one of the crowded tables.
“But she wants to do this!” Shouted Rotor.
“Guys, Nicole.” Said Katie. The boys faced her, and Nicole just listened. “This is the last time I'll see you in these eyes.” She said, looking at them. She smiled. “At least don't yell.” She put the vial up to her lips and drank.
“No!” Shouted Tails as he pushed past Rotor. He also bumped into Katie. She fell backwards with Tails on top. The vial flew away from her hands and smashed into the wall. Both their bodys were flung into a lab table, and papers, vial and beakers, fell over them and broke. Some wires got caught and fell overtop their bodies.
“Tails! Katie!” Shouted Rotor as he ran to them. He stepped on a few shards of glass but kept on going. He came to Tails' body first. “Hey buddy, you okay?”
“I think so. Where's Katie? Is she hurt?” Asked Tails.
“I don't know. Hold on a second.” Rotor got on his hands and knees and started rummaging through the debrees.
“Ungh.” Came a faint voice.
“Katie! Is that you?” Asked Rotor, as he pushed away a cart.
“Unngh. Rrrrr-ahhhhh!” Came a yell. Rotor looked at Katie, and then quickly looked away again. Her body was changing shape. She could feel the bones cracking and moving all throughout her body. Her hair was growing longer and a muzzle was forming on her mouth area. A small black nose appeared with a `pop', and a tail grew from her tailbone. She could also feel her eyes growing. “Make it stop!” She shouted.
“Tails! What do we do?” Shouted Rotor.
“We wait until she stops!” He shouted.
“Idiots! Get some water!” Shouted Nicole.
“Right.” Said both of the boys. They stood up and walked in separate directions. Rotor came back with a blanket and Tails with some water. They looked at Katie's mangled body. Her clothes were the same, yes, but she wasn't.
She now had long light brown hair that came down to the middle of her back. Her muzzle looked like Tails', and that was also a light brown color. The fur over her whole body, was white, as well as the tail that was now swishing back and forth. She blinked her eyes open, and they were still silver.
“What is it? Did it work?” She asked hesitantly.
“It did work, no doubt about that. But-,” Started Rotor.
“But you shouldn't have done that! It was irrisponsible for Rotor to even let you try it!” Shouted Tails.
“I'm sorry. It's just that she wanted to do it. She came down here and started to get everything ready for it. So if you didn't jump on her-,”
“Excuse me.” The boys both looked at Katie. She stood up and walked over to them, extremely wobbly.
“What is it Katie?” Asked Nicole.
“Is there a piece of glass around? I'd like to see what I look like.” She said, her gaze directed at the floor.
“Uh.. yeah!” Said Rotor. He began rummaging aroud various places of the lab.
“Here's sme water.” Said Tails, as he held out the glass. Katie looked slowly up at him and took the glass. She took a sip, and her eyes lit up. She put the clear tasting water to her mouth again and chugged it all down.
“That's delicious!” She said.
“Well at least you like it.” Said Tails, shrugging.
“Found it!” Said Rotor. He held his hand up with a small piece of glass. He walked back over to the two foxes, and held the glass out to the white one.
Katie gave the glass back to Tails and took the mirror from Rotor. She brought it up to her face and her nouth dropped open. In her eyes, she looked exacticaly the same. But someting was different.
Ears! I have ears! She thought. Slowly she gave the mirror back to Rotor and turned her head to her back and looked down. A small white tail waved back at her. Her head wrenched back forwards and she started to touch her face. She couldn't feel anything at the moment but, she looked at her hands. Fur. Where her nails should've been was fur. Where any type of skin should've been, was fur.
She dropped to a chair and put her head in her hands.
It worked, it actually worked! But will she like it in this body? Thought Tails.
“Hey Katie, why don't you try out your new legs?” Said Rotor.
“It might be the best thing to do.” Said Nicole.
“I will. But before I do, I figure, if I have a new body, I might as well have a new name.” Said Katie.
“Then what is it?” Asked Tails. “Ruby? Natasha?”
“Song? Twinkle?” Suggested Rotor. Katie shook her head and looked at them.
“My new name is Kai-ta.”
 
(A.N. Kai-ta is prenounced like sky without the `s'. And tall without the `ll'. I hope you like this. And I'll be happy to take any ideas you might have. So please fell free to direct me in any way. I might add another show to this, but I think I'll just keep it with this one. But please read and review my stories. Well, TTFN. (Ta ta for now) I don't know why, but I just felt like using it. I am sooo bored. Oh well hasta.)