Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Kai-ta ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2
Kai-ta took a breath of fresh air as the three of them and Nicole stepped out of the lab.
“It's amazing what I can do now!” She said exitedly. She ran around the building nearest her, which was the lab. “I feel as free as a bird.”
“Well you aren't a bird. So don't try to fly.” Said Rotor.
“Oh I know.” She said, coming in to a walk with them. “Where are we going?”
“To see the King. He'll want to know about you right away.” Said Tails. Kai-ta stopped.
“I'm not a science experiment you can show to everyone.” She said.
“We know that. But he still needs to know. So should everyone else. No one'll know who you are.” Said Rotor.
“Fine.” Said Kai-ta, once again following them. “But if he doesn't-,”
“Good morning Sally.” Said Rotor. (A.N. I don't know what type of animal she is.) She had on a sky blue vest. It had a small collar that turned up and it had an open front. On her feet she wore sky boots that looked like Kai-ta's.
“Rotor. Tails. Nicole. And… who's this?” Asked the princess.
“Sally. This is Katie.” Said Tails.
“Ahem.” Said Kai-ta.
“I mean, Kai-ta.”
Sally stepped forwards.
“Katie- er Kai-ta? Is it really you?”
“Yup. In the flesh. Um fur.” Said Kai-ta as she spun around.
“Cool! So it does work! My brother'll be so proud! Come on!” Sally grabbed Kai-ta's hand and dragged her towards the castle. Dust came out in a steady stream from under Kai-ta's boots as Sally dragged her through various places.
“Do you mind slowing down? I'm getting a bit dizzy.” Said Kai-ta.
“Oh. Sorry. I do it so often and no one ever stops me.” Apologized Sally.
“Sally. Who is this?”
“Dad!” Sally let go of Kai-ta's hand and she fell to the ground. She rubbed her hand and looked up at the Royal family. Sally was hugging an old man in a wheelchair. A lady with an orange dress and small golden circlet was pushing. The King was close behind them.
“Sally how are you?” Asked Elias. Then he spotted Kai-ta on the floor. She stared at him. Rotor and tails walked up to her and helped her up.
“You okay?” Asked Tails.
“I'm fine.” She said. Her eyes were affixed on Elias still.
“Who are you?” He asked.
“Kai-ta. I used to be Katie.”
“Extrordanary.” Said Maximillian. He motioned to be moved closer. “Absolutly extrordanary.” He poked her arm, pulled her hair and ears. Then he looked in her eyes. “You were Katie.” He turned to the boys. “Splendid job. You two make an exellent team together wouldn't you say?” He asked.
“Compared to wheen they first started together? Yes.” Said Nicole.
“Actually. Katie also helped.” Piped up Tails.
“Hmm. Well now that you're one of us, what would you like to do to help around?” Asked Elias. Maximillian kicked him.
“Now it's her first day as one of us, so let her get used to everything, then you can asked her on what she wants to do.”
“I actually would like to work as a Freedom Fighter or Chaotix.” Said Kai-ta.
“Well I was thinking of something along the lines of working in the castle.” Said Elias.
“Sorry. But I'd get too bored working inside. Isn't there something else I can do?”
“Actually. I think I remember Bunnie talking about a partner…” Said Sally.
“Could I?! Really?” Asked Kai-ta. “I promise I'd work hard.”
“Well come with me now and we'll talk to Bunnie.” Said Sally. Kai-ta nodded and started to follow Sally.
“I don't think that's a good idea.” Said Rotor.
“Why not?” Asked Tails.
“She's still getting used to her senses. Do you think it's such a good idea to take her into the middle of Mobius?” He asked.
“Oh you worry too much Rotor. I'll be fine.” Said Kai-ta. She ran out of the main hall and out to the middle of Mobius.
“Tails.” Said Elias.
“Yeah?” Asked the orange fox.
“I'd like you to follow them. I trust my sister, but keep an eye on Kai-ta.”
“Gotcha.” Said Tails. The two tails started whirring round and round each other until he was hovering a few feet off the ground. “See ya later!” He called after him.
“Are you that worryed about her? She was fine on her own when she first came here.” Said the Old Queen.
“I know but she's changed now.” Said Rotor.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flash back~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A small girl peeked out from behind a pillar and ducked down the doorway. A small group of locals wlaked by, laughing. The girl stifled a cry and slapped herself. She had to find someone who would help. Slowly, she made her way down the stairway into a small, dimly lit room. There was a large figure in the middle of the room and he was hunched over a laptop with a green screen. Maybe he would help her. She stepped up behind him. Then she tapped his shoulder.
“I'm busy right now Sonic. What do you want?”
“Who's that?” Asked the girl. The figure turned around and yelled. The small girl folllowed suit and fell back into a cart. Beakers and tubes of all sorts fell around her and crashed into a million pieces. She started whimpering again. Rotor started stepping around.
“Where are you?” He asked. No answer. “Where are you?”
“It's over there.” Said Nicole. Slowly he turned and saw a small girl crying in the midst of all his beakers. He opened his mouth to yell but he closed it. Then he cocked his head to the side and smiled a bit.
“You okay?” He asked as he crouched down next to her. She shook her head. “Where are you from?”
“Earth.” She answered slowly and quietly.
“Then how'd you get here?”
“I don't know.”
“I see… What about this then, if you help me clean up this mess, then I'll help you find your way home.”
“I'd like that.” She said as she wiped away a tear. “What's your name?”
“Rotor. What's yours?”
“Katie.” She answered.
 
(A.N. I didn't put her last name up yet because I didn't think it was that important. Anyway, regards to everyone. RCR)