Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Kai-ta ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3
“I never realized how big this place was!” Said Kai-ta, as she walked around the market place.
“If you think this is big, you should explore the palace sometime! Now that's big.” Said Sally.
“I'll have to sometime.” Came the reply. Sally turned around and giggled. Kai-ta was about to be pushed into a fountain she was leaning over by two kids. Sally quickly shooed them away, but couldn't find Kai-ta.
“Where'd she go to?” She asked herself.
“She's over by the statue.” Said the bush.
“Thanks.” Said Sally as she walked off. The bush… She rushed back over to the bush and looked inside. Tails waved back at her. “What are you doing?!” She asked him.
“I need to keep an eye on Kai-ta. I mean you aren't doing a good job of it.” Said Tails.
“What do you mean?” Asked Sally as she looked over by the statue. “Ah!” She yelped. A couple young males were sitting next to Kai-ta. She looked like she was about to give each of them a good kick in the pants. “I'll be right back.”
“Take your time. I'll be watching.” Said Tails as he flew off.
“Whatever.”
As Sally walked up to where Kai-ta was sitting, she recognized the two boys. Vector and Espio.
Vector was a green scaled alligator with a gold chain around his neck, and headphones on. Espio was a purple chameleon with spikes around his gloves.
“…I told you before. Get lost!” Shouted Kai-ta, clearly at the end of her rope.
“I am lost. In your eyes…” Came Vector's simple reply.
“But who are you? I've never seen you.” Said Espio.
“I'm Katie! I drank something in the lab and now I'm an animal!” She explained,…Again…For bout the fith time.
“But you hardly sound like her.” Said Vector. Kai-ta growled. “How about this-,”
“Vector! Espio!” Shouted Sally.
“Thank the heavens.” Said Kai-ta as she slid off the statue's base.
“Sally!” Shouted the two Chaotix.
“How are you doing today Sally?” Asked Vector.
“Just fine.” Came her curt reply.
“Who's your friend?” Asked Espio.
“You didn't believe her?” Asked Sally. “This is Kai-ta. Or Katie when she was human.” Both the boys faces showed shock.
“But, but,but,but…” Said Vector.
“Woah! I can't believe what I tried to-,” Started Espio as he put his hand over his forhead.
“Neither can I.” Said Sally. “Do you know where Bunnie is? Or Julie-Su?”
“Over there. Having lunch with Sonic, Amy and Knuckles.” Said Vector as he pointed to a table.
“Thanks.” Said Sally as she ran towards them. The boys hopped down.
“Sorry about that ~cough~ I didn't believe it was you.” Said Vector, scratching his neck.
“Apology accepted.” Said Kai-ta.
“No harm no foul, right?” Asked Espio as he held out a hand. “Friends again?” Kai-ta took the hand and shook it.
“You know we never realy were friends?” She asked him.
“Yeah well…”
“Come on Kai-ta!” Shouted Sally. She ran up to Kai-ta and started dragging her towards the table.
“Could you please stop doing that?” Asked Kai-ta as Sally stopped. She and everyone who was sitting at the table stared at each other. Sonic whistled.
“Wow. Now I know why Vector and Espio left in such a hurry.”
“I'd be quiet if I knew what was good for you.” Growled Amy. She was a pink hedgehog. Her hair came down almost like Knuckles, but stopped a little before her shoulders. She wore a red hairband, dress and boots. With her, she carried a Picca Picca hammer. (I think that's how you spell it.)
“Sorry Amy. Just making a comment.” Explained the blue hedgehog. He had three large spikes of hair coming out of his head. He had green eyes.
“If I wasn't going out with Julie, I'd like to take her on a date.” Whispered Knuckles into Sonic's ear. Knuckles was a red enchidna with dredlocks coming down on his head.
“Ditto. And I'm not even going out with Amy.”
“So who are ya?” Asked Bunnie, in her southern drawl.
“Kai-ta. I used to be Katie.” Said Kai-ta.
“Cool! So it does work! That's great!” Said Julie-Su.
“Well it is actually a bit weird being like this.” Admitted Kai-ta. “And the boys keep trying to hit on me.” She looked behind Bunnie and saw Sonic, Knuckles, Vector and Espio, in a huddle. One of them would peep their head out, look at Kai-ta, and stick their head back in quickly.
“I hope you don't try to go out with Sonic.” Growled Amy as she tapped her hammer on her hand. “Because then I would have to-,”
“That's enough Amy. It's her first time as an animal. I don't think she'd have those type of plans yet.” Said Sally. She whispered in Kai-ta's ear, “You don't, do you?” Kai-ta shook her head. “Okay! Well on a brighter subject, Bunnie, how would you like Kai-ta to help you out?”
“Sorry Sally. But Amy here just offered to help me out.” Answered the rabbit.
“Oh. Julie-Su?” She asked.
“I don't need a partner.” She answered.
“Do you know anyone who does?” Asked Kai-ta.
“I do.” All the girls turned around and saw Vector.
“Who?” Asked Sally.
“Me or Espio.” He answered.
“But you guys just tried to like, get engaged or something!” Said Julie-Su.
“I know. But we cleared it up. Right Kai-ta?” She nodded. “See? She's cool with it.”
“What would I be doing?” She asked him. He scratched the back of his neck.
“Well, I need someone to help me with the turn tables, and to set up. And I think Espio just wants someone to help on his missions.”
“That sounds really boring to me.” Said Amy.
“Not really. It sounds kinda fun.” Said Kai-ta.
“How?” Asked Bunnie. She took a bite of her ham sandwich.
“Well, Espio does undercover work, so I'd be able to go places with him, and learn more about people secretly. And Vector gets to work with music all day long.”
“If that's what you want to do.” Said Sally.
“Oh I would! But, who would be easier to work with?”
“Neither.” Said Amy.
“Hey!” Shouted Vector.
“I'd like to work with Espio actually.” Said Kai-ta. She looked over at him and he walked over, cheer written all over his face.
“I would be honored to work with you.” He said.
“Thanks. When do we begin?” Asked Kai-ta.
“After lunch. Go eat something.” Said Espio.
“Yes sir.” Said Kai-ta, mockingly as she went to get a sandwhich. Espio sat back down.
“Oh, yeah. I get to work with Kai-ta.”
“Shut up you gullible chameleon!” Shouted Vector.
“What'd you call me?!” Shouted Espio, back at him. Both of them started to get into a fist fight, and while Bunnie and Sonic tried to break them up, Tails watched them. He smiled to himself and thought of when he first met Katie.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Rotor! I have the- what is that?” Asked Tails as he saw a small girl stand up from the floor.
“Tails, calm down, she's just a little girl.” Said Rotor as he tried to calm down the orange fox. Katie had run over behind a stack of papers, her hair in a tangeled mess as it fell over her eyes. She was breathing faster now that another person was there.
“Well, we should get her out of this place before she gets too sick from the fumes.” Said Tails. Rotor nodded.
“Come on Katie, we're going to go for a walk.” He held out his hand. She stepped forward and took it. As they went up the steps from the lab, Tails asked, “What if she's from Eggman?”
“I don't think she is.” Said Rotor. “If she did, she would've killed us by now.
“I'm six years old you know, I know what you're saying. I just don't understand.” Said Katie. Tails bent down to her.
“Well, I can't wait till your seven, then we can dump you with someone else.” He walked away towards his house,leaving Katie and Rotor behind.
 
(A.N./ Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but school has been calling and you know how that gets. But I will try to update as much as possible, but I might only do it about once a month. If there's any problems please let me know. RCR)