Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Love Struggles ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The next four months moved quickly and steadily for Tails. Amy soon found out the Tails was pregnant with Sonics baby and left him soon after that. Sonic tried to talk to Tails. But it was either she didn't want to hear it or Shadow was around. Tails and Shadow got to know each other more and eventually Shadow asked Tails out. She had a hard time deciding but is now going out with him. Shadow was careful to stay near her for two reasons. One was that Sonic and the other was if she struck labour. Tails is at the `any day now' stage.

Right now Sonic is out for a run in the mystical ruins forest. Shadow was too. Both of them ran into each other. Then round two started. Shadow taking the first blow by kicking Sonic in the head. Sonic reacting by punching at Shadow. Shadow dodged and kicked Sonic in the stomach. He then punched Sonic in the head. Sonic fell down but quickly got up.

~~~Tails~~~

Knock, Knock, Knock.

"Come in." Tails called. Rouge walked in.

"Hey pal, I haven't seen you in ages. Oh, how cute." Rouge said walking up to Tails and looking at her swollen belly. "Uh this isn't my thing, but may I?" Rouge was hinting that she wanted to feel the life growing inside of Tails.

"Sure." Tails replied moving her own hands away leaving and entrance for Rouges. Rouge slowly put her hand closer. Tails thought she looked a bit silly so she grabbed her hand and pressed it on her stomach. Rouge was just in time for a kick from the baby.

"Heh, that doesn't happen often. It is a rare experience I have had about fourteen times now." Tails said blushing.

"Wow, I've never done this before. What it like being pregnant?" Rouge said. Her attitude had completely changed right now. She was being more curious and compassionate instead of sexy and sarcastic.

"It's a pain. It's all right at first I guess. I read in books that a baby usually moves around at night when you are trying to get to sleep. Not me, this little thing never stops moving through the day. It kicks once in a while which is quite cool. Some women it hurts, me it tickles and I just can't wait for the next time… Oh, there it goes again. That makes fifteen." Tails giggled as the baby kicked again. "I love it when it does that."

"Must be fun." Rouge said.

"Not really, it canes your back and you can't sleep on your front. The baby complains that you cutting off more room it needs by hitting real hard. That still tickles but I've only done it once and it was by accident." Tails explained.

"Okay." Rouge looked at Tails. "So how is Shadow?"

"He's fine."

"He's cute. How big is he?"

"That is personal information I'm keeping to myself."

"But, you're hogging him. Tell me."

"No."

"Why not, you don't think I will try him for a free ride now do you?"

~~~Sonic and Shadow~~~

Sonic leaped backwards. Shadow knocked him down and stood on his face. Sonic screamed and knocked Shadow off. Sonic kicked Shadow in the back and then tried kicking his face. Shadow grabbed Sonics leg and threw him against a wall. He then tried to kick him in the gut, which succeeded. Sonic fell to the ground catching his breath.

~~~Tails and Rouge~~~

"Oh, do be quite Rouge. I am not telling you how `big' he is."

"Oh fine, spoil sport." Rouge looked away from Tails and crossed her arms.

"You're not on about sex again are you?" Asked a sweet little voice from behind Rouge. Tails and Rouge looked to see Cream. Cream was smiling with her eyes shut and her hands behind her.

"Hi, Cream. Come in." Tails said.

"Thank you, Tails." Cream entered. "Did you two here yet? Amy gave birth yesterday."

"No we didn't here about that." Rouge said.

"Well, she said he was a boy and she called him Jocx." (Pronounced Jocks) Cream said.

"You spoke to Amy?" Tails said.

"No, but Tikal did. She said she wasn't on anyone's side and so she can talk to us all." Cream smiled again. "What about you, Tails? When is your little baby coming?"

"Any day now." Tails said.

"Shouldn't you be at the hospital? I mean better to be safe than sorry."

"I have far to much to do. Besides I am supposed to give birth in about five days."

"Ever heard of a baby that was on time. It could still be early." Rouge said.

"Yes but it could also be late." Tails replied.

"And you're willing to take that risk?" Rouge asked. Tails was collecting plates and turned to face the other two girls.

"Girls, I'm fine. I don't think I'm going to give birth to…" Smash. Tails was cut off but her own water breaking and her dropping her plates. She started rubbing her stomach and soon after screamed in pain.

~~~Sonic and Shadow~~~

Sonic and Shadow were still dishing it out. At the moment they had stopped catching their breath. Shadow was winning this bout. Sonic was bleeding in all sorts of spots. Shadow had a bruise on his head. Cream came running up to them.

"Shadow, Shadow. Quick, you have to hurry." She said in panic.

"What? What's the matter?" Shadow asked.

"It's Tails." Cream said.

"What!" Shadow quickly rushed off back to the workshop.

"Hey, we are not finished here, Shadow." Sonic yelled.

"I kick your ass later. I've got more important matters right now. Like maybe helping Tails with the birth of your child. And I advise you to stay away or I will kill you." Shadow ran off and Sonic just stayed there.

Shadow was running as fast as he could, but he thought he was going too slowly. He pulled out a green chaos emerald out.

"Thanks, Sonic. I'll need this." He said. "CHAOS CONTROL!!!!" Shadow yelled. A big white flash appeared from the emerald and Shadow disappeared. Cream followed.

~~~Tails~~~

Tails was pushing although she was advised by Rouge not to. Rouge on the other hand was using the phone.

"Yeah, Tails workshop. What do you mean you don't know where? …No I don't think I can… It's in the mystical ruins… what! What do you mean you can't make it in time… you useless bastard… my friend is having a baby, what else can I do… what?! No way! …I can't do that… there has to be another way… oh, all right I'll do it. But only cause she is my friend… Tails, the doctor said he will tell me what to do and I will have to help you give birth." Rouge said.

"No way!!!"

"She's refusing… okay. He says there isn't any other way."

"Oh, fine. Just hurry up, this pain is excruciating."

"Okay doctor. What first?" Rouge walked up to Tails and kneeled down in front of her. "Tails. I have to look to she how far your baby is." Tails spread her legs for Rouge to see. "Yeah, the baby has crowned… yeah, the tip of its head is showing. Uh huh… right." Rouge looked at Tails face. "Tails, the doctor says you going to have to push."

"I can't"

"You have too."

"I can't."

"Now what Doc? …right. Okay." Crash. Shadow came in through the door. "Nice timing Shad. Now I have a job for you. Hold Tails's hand."

"Okay." Shadow said sitting next to the crying Tails. He grabbed her hand and whispered to her. Rouge was still talking to the doctor.

"Dr, Quackers. Hurry up. Okay. Tails, you have to push as hard as you can." Tails breathed heavily for a while and then with all her might, she pushed as hard as she could. "Okay, Doc. The head is out now what? …Uh huh… Catch your breath Tails and then I want you to push again." Tails repeated her previous move. Breathing heavily for a while and then she pushed. "Keep going Tails. You're almost there. That's it." Shadow was flinching his eyes as the pain flowed from Tails full body into his hand. Tails pushed once, twice and then three times till she heard her baby cry. She relaxed and rested on the sofa. Rouge picked up the baby and gave her to Tails. She ran into the kitchen and rummaged through a load of stuff. She then went to the bathroom and picked up some towels. She rushed into the front room and put the baby in the towel and rapped her up tight.

"Alright. Now what Doc? Okay, just wait for you. Okay." Rouge put the phone down and walked over to Tails who was playing with her newborn.

"I'm gonna get you back for this pain." She teased. Cream arrived soon after the birth.

"Oh, I missed it." She complained.

"I told you to go to find Shadow so that you didn't have to see this." Rouge said. "It's not a pretty site. Trust me. But I wish you were here because you could have done what I had too."

"So, Tails. Have you named it yet?" Cream asked.

"She's a girl, Cream. And no I haven't yet." Tails replied.

"Got any idea?" Rouge asked.

"Nikita. How about Nikita?" Tails said.

"You're the mother, it is your choice." Cream said.

"But… usually it's the mother and the father who decide." Tails began to cry. It was still unbelievable, after four months of carrying Sonic baby she can still not believe that he left her. So, the name was chosen and the three girls and Shadow waited for the doctor. Soon there were three knocks at the door.

"I'll get it." Cream said jumping up and running to the door. A doctor was waiting. Cream let him in. He walked in and moved his glasses slightly.

"Now, take me to this patient." He insisted.

"You're standing right in front of her." Rouge said sarcastically.

"Oh, do forgive me. I cannot see very well." The doctor said. He pulled out so large glasses from his bag and switched the ones he was wearing with them. "Much better." He said.

"How in gods name did you survive this long?" Rouge asked him.

""I don't know. Luck I guess. Now anyway. Show me the money." He said.

"What?" Tails wondered.

"We were making a deal about scissors, I give scissors and you give me money."

"You really need to get you dates re-written. Tails here has just given birth and YOU'RE A DOCTOR!!! Do you job before I hurt you." Rouge said.

"Sorry I have short term memory loss." The doctor began his `job' and fixed everything up. "Now I must ask. I assume you, the fox girl, is the mother…"

"My name is Milies, otherwise known as Tails. And yes I am… dumb-ass." Tails replied.

"And are you the father, Mr…?"

"Shadow, and no I am not the father." Shadow said.

"I am." Said a voice from the front door…

How this? Do you like (Slash hate) this cliffhanger? Please review.