Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic: Epilogue 2: The Past ❯ Erika Lilly Rose ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: Erika Lilly Rose.
 
(Baby Erika rocks. She beat a machine that thrashed Tails. Wow. Wait a sec… I am reviewing my own story. How sad of me. Anyway, I hope you like this chapter because it involves one of my most favoured hedgehogs. Read and REVIEW!!! Thank thee.)
 
Tails opened his eyes carefully. He searched his surroundings; a small candle was lit in the corner of what looked like a cave. Tails moved a bit and felt something next to him. He looked to see Erika curled up next to him with her thumb in her mouth, sleeping. Tails had bandages over his waist, arms and chest, not wrapped to the point where moving is impossible, just in ways making him look… well, kinda cool. Tails couldn't move without waking the baby girl sleeping peacefully next to him. Tails waited, thinking about what happened.
`Sonic… you didn't help me. I was saved by someone less than half my age. What time is it, what day is it? How long was I out for. Are Sonic, Cream and Amy worried about me? What about Erika? She's a child, a toddler. I can't leave her out here in the forest. Is she Amy's child, Lilly? I don't know. That robot was definitely eggman's, how did Erika move like that, it's unnatural. She must be the daughter of Sonic and Amy, no mistaking it. I mean, it's logical. She was dropped in a forest, this is a forest, and a cyan hedgehog lives here. It is her. But something doesn't add up. Amy will never believe me.' Tails thought to himself. He looked down at the girl, who was awake and starring at him, he had his hands behind his head and looked down on her too. She was still sucking her thumb. Tails sat up.
“Hello sleepy head.” He said, teasingly. She smiled and pulled her thumb out of her mouth. She giggled.
“Hewwo.” She said. “Are you feeling better?” She asked him.
“Yes, much.” Tails replied. A shadowy figure appeared at the cave entrance. Tails stood on the ground and starred at this figure. It was tall and round. Tails starred angrily at it. Little Erika jumped up and ran towards the figure in attack mode. She jumped but was grabbed around the neck.
“You destroyed my machine.” He said.
“Eggman!” Tails yelled. Eggman walked in, basically strangling Erika.
“Put her down.” Tails yelled. Eggman lifted her into the air and lunged her into the ground, still holding onto her. She gasped, screamed and then cried. Eggman forcefully yanked her out of the ground, leaving a body print behind. Erika's hands dropped and she stopped crying. She had passed out. Tails pulled out his handgun (bet you forgot about this) and shot Eggman in the shin. Eggman fell to one knee and dropped Erika, who rolled towards Tails, who picked her up. Tails aimed his gun for Eggman's head. Eggman threw a flash grenade. He vanished. Tails put away the gun and held unconscious Erika in both of his hands. He left the cave. He was about to take off and fly home, when a tree came out of nowhere and spoke to him.
“Tails!” It said.
“Jesus!!! A talking tree!!!” Tails yelled in fright.
“Please, do not be alarmed. I am harmless to the innocent. I found out Erika was in danger and came here as fast as I could. Are you her threat?” He asked.
“No, It was Eggman.” Tails told the tree.
“Where are you taking Erika?” The tree asked.
“To my home… It's too dangerous in this forest for her.” Tails said.
“She belongs with the forest. I raised her since she fell here.” The tree told Tails.
“She fell? Out of the sky?” Tails asked.
“Of course from the sky, I doubt she fell from the mud.” The tree said sarcastically.
“I think I know her mother and father.” Tails said, sure of himself.
“That is impossible. I saw her mother and father perish in flames of rage.” The tree lied.
“But… I could have sworn.” Tails mumbled.
“Give me the girl immediately.” The tree ordered.
“No! I won't!” Tails strictly told him. “I don't trust you. What if you're one of Eggman's machines?” Tails asked, defending Erika.
“I am not a machine. I am as real as you are.” The tree roared.
“I said you were a machine, I didn't say I was hallucinating.” Tails mocked.
“Don't mock me, fox boy.” The tree insulted.
“I really don't trust you now!” Tails roared as he flew into the sky.
“Give me the girl!!!” The tree barked his orders.
“You want to take her? I dare you to try!” Tails said, he then flew off towards his house. The tree launched vines at Tails to try and catch him. Tails dodged them one by one, spinning in midair. One hit him on the foot, which tried to wrap round his leg, but Tails evaded it at the last second. He dived towards the ground and began flying through the forest, dodging tree after tree. He looked to see if anything was following him, then he snapped, realising he wasn't watching where he was going. He looked to see a tree that split into two. He turned to his side and flew in between the split and flew up into the sky again. He flew in the direction of his home once more. The tree summoned up a vine wall to catch the fleeing fox, but Tails flew over it just in time. Tails had escaped with the baby girl in arms. He landed near his house and was desperately trying to catch his breath. He walked up all the stairs to his house. At the top of the first load, he put Erika down and sat to gain energy. He lay back on the grass next to Erika. She was so cute when she slept, even if she was unconscious. She was sleeping. Tails closed his eyes for a few minutes and accidentally drifted off.
 
“Tails! Wake up!” Someone called. Tails woke up.
“Sonic?” Tails asked still sleepy. Sonic lifted Tails up.
“Where were you? You've been gone over night.” Sonic complained.
“You didn't help me!” Tails yelled. “I was attacked by a robot and you ran off.” Tails moaned.
“Sorry, Tails. I didn't realise.” Sonic said.
“Never mind.” Tails replied.
“Okay.” Sonic said.
“Where's Cream and Amy?” Tails asked.
“Indoors.” Sonic stated.
“Great. Sonic…” Tails started.
“What is it, Tails?” Sonic asked. Tails looked down to Erika, still sleeping.
“Uh… oh, it's nothing.” Tails said smiling.
“You think she's my daughter don't you?” Sonic asked.
“Yes.” Tails replied.
“She's not, my daughter died last year.” Sonic stated. He walked towards the house. Tails picked up Erika and followed.
 
Indoors, Amy and Cream were chatting about Sonic. The looked over as Tails and Sonic entered. Tails held Erika in his arms. He walked past the girls and straight to his room. Amy saw Erika and thought about Lilly. She jumped up ran to Sonic and started shaking his shoulders gently.
“Is she… is that… is that girl our Lilly?” She asked. Sonic just shook his head.
“No… not her.” Sonic stated, quite sure that he was right. Amy just cried again. Tails walked back out and Sonic had run off.
 
“She is not… Lilly Rose the Hedgehog.” He said to himself.