Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic: Epilogue 2: The Past ❯ Erika's first day out in town ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6: Erika's first day out in town.
 
(Crap title, cannot come up with better. R&R&R&R (Rest & Relax & Read& Review.) Enjoy)
 
Amy was at the side of Tails bed. She was watching Erika sleeping. Tails quietly walked in. He crept over and took a seat next to Amy.
“…What's her name?” Amy asked.
“She told me the forest called her Erika.” Tails said
“She is adorable. She looks so much like my Lilly.” Amy spoke.
“She is cute.” Tails agreed. Cream opened the door.
“Tails… there you are. I thought you went out. Never mind.” She said and left. Tails sighed.
“Tails… do you think… Erika is Lilly?” Amy asked.
“I don't know anymore. I thought I did once. However, Sonic and that Tree think differently.” Tails said.
“Tree?” Amy asked.
“Yeah, Sonic said Lilly is dead and the Tree in the forest said Erika's parents are dead.” Tails explained. “The tree told me that Erika fell from the sky, and that he raised her since then. But I… sort of stole her away, it was too dangerous in the forest.” Tails put his head in his palms. “I'm so confused. The riddle keeps ringing in my head, what did she mean? I cannot figure it out.” Tails moaned.
“Riddle?” Amy asked. She heard a moan. She looked a saw Erika was waking up. She was sucking her thumb yet again, which Amy thought was adorable. Erika searched her surroundings and yawns, sitting up.
“Hello, sweetheart.” Amy asked, sweetly.
“Hewwo.” Erika said as she looked at Amy. In Amy's soul, she thought `CUTE!!!'
“How do you feel?” Amy asked, leaning forward.
“Better.” Erika said. She was under large covers and her head, nuzzled on a feather pillow. Amy reached out and stroked the child's head softly. Amy acted like a mother.
“Wanna get up?” She asked. Erika sat up. Amy took off the covers. Erika turned to Amy and held her arms out to her sides. Amy hesitated, but picked her up. She moved her to her left side and put her left arm around Erika's bottom She stood up and took her into the next room. Cream was reading a book, sat on the sofa. She looked up.
“Oh. She woke up.” She said. She stood and walked over. Erika rested her head on Amy's shoulder.
 
Amy tickled Erika's chin making her giggle. Amy giggled also. Teasing this tiny thing was fun.
“Hey, Tails.” Amy started.
“What?” Tails asked.
“Let's take Erika out in town. We can buy some stuff for her.” Amy suggested.
“Why?” Tails asked another random question.
“Well, duh! If she is going to live with one of us, she will need clothes and stuff. Plus we might have fun.” Amy said. She was anxious to take Erika out.
“Fine, you and Cream can go. I have things to do.” Tails said. Cream and Amy laughed.
“Okay, lets go.” Amy said. They got the next train to Station Square.
 
Amy, Cream and Erika were walking around the square. (Get it, Station Square? Never mind.) Erika was holding Amy's right hand and sucking her thumb. Cream was on their right. They walked past shop after shop until one caught Amy's eye.
“Hey! This'd be a great place to get clothes.” She said. She guided Erika indoors, Cream followed. They went straight over to the kids clothing. Amy went through the three year old dresses. She came up with this red one with a white bottom and no sleeves, but where the sleeves would be were white lines. (Sound familiar?) She jumped in joy.
“Oh Cream, take a look. Don't you think that Erika would look just adorable in this dress?” Amy asked Cream.
“Hold on a minute, isn't that the same one as yours only smaller?” Cream asked.
“Yes.” Amy replied.
“Wait a minute, I saw something. Be right back. Cream said. She ran off somewhere and came back with a pair of three-year-old boots. The matched Amy's only they were a toddlers size. They were read too. Amy squealed with delight. She took the boots.
“I'm gonna have Erika try them on. Come on, sweetheart.” Amy said as she took Erika's hand and took her off to the changing area.
 
Inside Amy pulled the curtain closed and unbuttoned Erika's dress from the back. She removed it over her head and left Erika in her vest and panties. She then put the other dress, with the label still on, on her. She then took off Erika's shoes and put the boots on. She put the clothes on the little stool and walked out with Erika. Cream was waiting.
“Cream, what do you think?” Amy asked. Cream looked at little Erika.
“Oh wow! So cute!” Cream cheered. Amy agreed by awing girlishly.
“I'm going to buy them. Do you like them, Erika?” Amy asked.
“Yeah… they're pwetty.” Erika replied. `She is so cute.' Amy thought.
Amy took Erika back to change back to her old clothes.
 
They came back out shortly after. Amy walked over to the three-year-old panties and vests.
“I'll buy a few of these too.” She said. She took two packs of five panties and five vests. She took them all to the counter. It took a short while but the person at the counter said.
“That'll be £11:95.” Amy was surprised.
“That's a tad expensive. Oh well.” She then paid the man. She took the bag of clothes and Erika took Amy's hand again. They and Cream left the shop.
 
Cream saw the next fun activity.
“Hey Amy. Look.” She said, pointing to a pink sweet shop.
“Oh wow. Hey Erika, sweetie. Would you like some sweets?” Amy asked.
“Uh… what sweets?” Erika asked, as in, I have no idea what sweets are.
“Sweets are very tasty snacks. You like them. Cream, lets go get her a lollypop.” Amy suggested. So the three walked into the sweet shop. They looked at the variety of sour sweets, juicy sweets, lollypops, ice creams, chewy sweets and chocolate. Amy bought Erika a large strawberry lollypop and the three left. Erika sucked on her lollypop for a while. Amy walked up to Twinkle Park.
“Hey Cream. Let's play in Twinkle Park.” Amy suggested.
“Hurray!” Cream cheered. They got on the elevator, took it up to the top floor, and walked towards the park. Amy looked to her left.
“Oh wow!!! Twinkle Circuit, New and improved. Lets race.” Amy said.
“What about Erika?” Cream asked.
“She can come with me.” Amy said. They walked in. A man stopped them.
“This ride costs £1:50 per entry.” He said. Amy paid him.
“That little girl looks too young.” The man said, pointing at Erika.
“She'll ride with me.” Amy said.
“Very well.” The man pulled up the rope and they walked in. there were seven cars ready. Amy got in a pink one and picked up Erika. She sat her down in her lap and seat belted both of them. Cream got in a cream coloured one. (Wonder why?) They lights went from red to orange to green. GO!!!
 
Amy started the car and took off down the lane. Cream following close behind. Erika was trying to grab the steering wheel. Amy did not know if she should let her. Cream got off in front. Amy pushed harder on the acceleration and headed for a wall. She turned the steering and hit the breaks. The car forcefully hit the wall making Erika and Amy tug on the seatbelts. Amy feared that Erika was hurt and may cry.
“I'm sorry little one.” She said, but Erika did not cry. Instead, she grabbed the steering. Amy smiled and pushed on the accelerator. They headed for a wall. Amy grabbed the top of the steering to help Erika steer. They turned the corner and saw Cream's car. Amy hit the acceleration. She turned the next bend and jumped a ramp. She was nearly on Creams tail. Soon they were on par and Erika smiled and Cream and stuck her tongue out. Cream did the same. She tried going fast. A blue car rushed past them all. Amy got pissed and chased it. She got next to it and looked at the driver. It was Sonic.
“Sonic?” Amy asked.
“Baby on board?” He asked.
“Don't joke with me smart ass.” She teased him.
“Smard ass.” Erika said. Amy laughed. “You should talk like that, Erika.”
“You did.” Erika complained.
“Come on, let's beat mean old Sonic.” Amy said. she sped forwards.
 
After the race, Sonic, Amy and Cream all relaxed.
“I bet you Amy.” Sonic said.
“You all left me behind.” Cream moaned.
“Sorry Cream.” Zoom. Sonic left. Amy looked. “Lets go.” She said.
The three left Twinkle Park and headed for the station. They took the train back to Tails place. They got off the train and Cream used her ears to fly towards Tails house. Amy had her hand taken once more by the toddler and they walked towards the house. They got to the top of the first set of stairs and to the bottom of the last. Erika let go of Amy's hand.
“Ms. Amy…” she started.
“Yes… what is it sweetheart?” Amy asked the blushing girl.
“Well… Can I call you mummy?” Erika asked. Amy was taken back.
“W… Why would you want to call me mummy, sweetie.” Amy asked.
“I never had a mummy before.” Erika replied.
“Ok… you can call me mummy if you want to.” Amy smiled. Erika jumped in joy, cheering.
“Thank you, mummy.” She said. Then she ran into the house. Amy followed.
“Tails…” She called.
“Yeah what?” Tails asked.
“I'm off home. I'll see you tomorrow.” Amy said.
“Okay, bye.” Tails said.
“Bye.” Cream said also.
“Bye, bye mummy.” Erika called.
“Goodbye, sweetheart. See ya Cream and Tails.” Amy said as she closed the door. She then walked down all the stairs perfectly fine, smiling away and her eyes closed. Marching as if she was the happiest person around. Tears spilt from her closed eyes, he smile turned to a frown, she fell to the ground in tears, crying her heart out.