Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic: Epilogue 2: The Past ❯ Can't Let Go ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7: Can't Let Go.
 
(Please enjoy this chapter and please review.)
 
Amy was sat on her sofa. It was 5:49 am. She was fidgeting rapidly, she was anxious to get to Tails house. She wanted to play with Erika some more.
“Come on, Come on. Let the time go on.” She impatiently moaned. She stood up and paced around.
 
Eventually, at around 6:03 she became so impatient that she phoned Tails.
“Hello? Tails Prower here.” Tails spoke, as he answered the phone.
“Tails… I didn't wake you did I?” Amy asked.
“No, Cream and Erika are awake too.” Tails replied.
“How come?” Amy asked.
“I might just ask you the same question.” Tails said.
“Well I…” Amy started.
“Forget it. Do you want to come over?” Tails said.
“Sure.” Amy replied. “See ya in a bit.” She said. Click, Tails put the phone down. “Well, bye then. You obnoxious fox.” Amy said sarcastically. She put the phone down and left the house for the train. (have you ever noticed the train is always ready for her?) Amy got on the train and took off for the mystic ruins.
 
Knock, Knock. Tails opened the door. Amy stood there.
“Hi.” She said.
“Hi. Erika is in my room right now. She is playing her all famous ocarina. Nevertheless, beware; you will most likely here a riddle. Cream's getting hers now.” Tails said.
 
Cream listened to the music, until Erika concluded it.
“Well.” Cream asked.
“Such beauty is recognised by your love, till the dawn arises, clanging metal will fly and destroy such beauty but your love will remain love and love is not blind nor does it hate the destroyed beauty.” Erika said.
“What?” Cream asked, confused at her riddle. Erika began to repeat herself, but Cream stopped her. “I heard what you said but it's confusing.”
“I'm sowwy, I can only tell you what the music tell me.” Erika said, getting upset.
“Don't cry, I'm sure I'll figure it out.” Erika giggled. Amy walked in. “Hi, mummy.” Erika said.
“Mummy?” Cream asked.
“She wanted to call me mummy so I let her. How's my little sweetheart.” Amy asked.
“OK.” Erika replied.
“Good.” Amy said, smiling. Erika looked at her ocarina. Amy looked also. “Can you tell fortune with that?” Amy asked.
“Yeah, but… onwy in widdles.” Erika said.
“Only in riddles? Can I hear mine?” Amy asked. Erika began playing the ocarina again. Amy almost danced to it. It was a sweet song, not sad but lively. It wasn't rock or heavy metal either. It was compassionate. Erika finished the song and said to Amy.
“Great, another love trouble.” She moaned. “You are in love, the love loves you only he won't tell you. You open your feelings to love but love won't let you go farther. In the end your love will go to far and something bad will happen. Something really bad.” Erika said. Amy was surprised, but still didn't know what she meant. “When the clock strikes 4:52 darkness will surround your love and take it forever.” Erika finished off. Amy just smiled.
“That's very clever, but you might be wrong.” Amy said.
“I hope so.” Erika replied. “Onwy, I've never been wong before.” Erika looked at the floor. Amy walked over and pets her on the head.
“Don't feel upset.” She said. “Let's go play some games.” Amy suggested.
“Okay.” Erika replied. Cream stood up, Amy picked Erika up and they walked out of the house to play in the garden. Tails on top of the workshop.
“Cream… how I wish I could tell you. But fear of rejection keeps on stopping me.” Tails whispered to himself. He closed his eyes. “I'll ask Sonic.” He told himself and took off.
 
Cream was pressing her palms against Erika's. They laughed. Amy was clapping and laughing. She noticed Tails fly off.
“Wonder where he's going?” She asked herself. Cream looked at her carelessly and was pushed over by little Erika, who laughed at Creams shame. Cream giggled and stuck her tongue out at Erika, who did the same back to her.
 
Tails flew for hours; it was 8:50am when he found Sonic. He landed.
“Hey, Sonic!” Tails called.
“Yeah, Tails?” Sonic replied.
“I… uh… was just wondering… what do you think I should get Cream for a present. I want it to be special.” Tails said shyly. Sonic looked into the air, held his chin in his right hand and his elbow with the other.
“Hmmm… Well, what's Cream greatest hobby?”
“Uh… I… don't know.”
“What!” Tails looked down so Sonic couldn't see him blushing. “Hey, don't worry about it buddy. You'll come up with something.” Tails just nodded. “I gotta go do more runs, why not ask Amy or better yet Cream herself.” Sonic winked at Tails and ran off. Tails smiled.
“I'll do that, THANKS!!!” Tails called. Tails flew back home. Amy was in the living room. Cream and Erika were watching Sonic Underground. They were laughing at Robotniks miserable failures. Tails walked over to Amy.
“Amy, can I talk to you?” He asked.
“Yeah sure.” Amy replied, wondering why he asked.
“Alone.” He finished.
“Oh, okay.” They both walked outside. Tails was blushing.
“Did you… get that necklace fixed?” he asked.
“Yeah, here you go.” Amy said, pulling out the box from her dress and handing it to him. “Oh, and Tails…” Amy said.
“What is it?” Tails asked, taking the box.
“I… can I move in with you guys?” She asked,
“What? Why?” Tails asked in surprise. Amy went and looked in the mirror. She watched Cream and Erika laugh at Sonic, Manic and Sonia.
“Because… I feel a bond between Erika and me. As if she was my Lilly. So I want to spend more time with her.” Amy said.
“Oh, okay. You can move in. I'll install some more bedrooms.” Tails said. Amy ran over and hugged him.
“Thanks Tails.” She said, she kissed him on the cheek and walked inside. Tails rubbed his cheek.
“She… just can't let go… can she?” Tails asked himself.