Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic: Epilogue 2: The Past ❯ Gone like before ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8: Gone like before.
 
(*Singing* I am so great and cool and nice that I don't need to… *singing stop* Oh, hello. Sorry bout that I'm miles away. Anyway, enjoy this sad chapter.)
 
It had been over a week, Tails installed new bedrooms. Amy moved in. It was the middle of the night; actually, it was 2:37am to be exact. Amy was in her room, sleeping silently. The door opened and tiny footsteps walked across the wood floor followed by a dragging Sonic doll. It was Erika. She stood next to the side of the bed, near Amy's head. Amy opened one eye.
“M… mummy…” Erika started, sounding scared.
“What is it, sweetie? It's really late.” Amy said, sleepily and quietly.
“I… I had a bad dweam. Can I sweep with you?” She asked sweetly. Amy shuffled over a little bit and pulled the covers in the air. Erika crawled onto the bed and slipped under the covers. Amy let the covers down. Erika turned to Face away from Amy. Amy put her arms around Erika's little body and held her defensively to make her feel safe. The both of them fell to sleep, Amy shedding a few tears.
 
The next morning, Erika was out of bed and Amy was getting a few more minutes of sleep. Tails was talking with Sonic, who happened to come over. Cream was playing with cheese, who she picked up from the Chao garden.
 
“So, that's why I think we should start using weapons.” Tails stated clearly.
“Hmmm… that strong huh? But Erika defeated it.” Sonic said.
“Yeah, with a sword.” Tails said.
“Right, okay.” Sonic said rubbing his chin. “Fine, lets do it. We'll have to tell the others too.” Sonic told Tails.
“Got it.” Tails replied and he went off to start making them.
 
Indoors, Tails walked past Cream.
“That's right, I have to give her the necklace.” Tails whispered to himself. Cream stopped playing and looked at him. Tails blushed and walked on. Cream thought for a minute.
 
Amy woke up, because Erika was bouncing on her. Amy was forced to get out of bed. She walked into the front room, drowsily. Tails was in his room, pacing about. He wanted to tell Cream.
“Okay, it's now or I'll never be able to do it.” Tails said, as confidently as he could muster. He opened his door. “Cream.” He called out. “C… Can I t… talk to you please.” He stuttered.
“Sure, Tails.” Cream said as she walked over. He took her into his room and closed the door.
“Uh… C… Cream. I… uh… got you a present. Only Jake broke it, and I had to get it fixed.” Tails said handing her the box. “I was going to ask you to go out with me, and give it too you.” Tails said shyly, looking at the floor as Cream took the box. She opened it to see a perfectly fine looking necklace. She screamed in delight.
“Tails! This thing is beautiful. You were going to ask me out?” She asked him.
“Yeah, and… it'll do no good. But I'll ask anyway. Cream… would you go out with me?” Tails asked, Cream jumped and squeezed him tightly.
“Yes, of course I will.” Cream said.
“What? Really. Great.” Tails said as he chugged her back. Her feet didn't touch the ground.
 
Amy had got changed and took Erika outside. Sonic was with them.
 
In an instant, a large plant burst out of the ground. It had a strange bee like tail at the tip. Amy stood up and pulled out her hammer. The plant knocked her away. It seemed to look at tiny Erika, who was gawping with fear. The tip seemed to open up into a bucket like thing and flew right at her. Tails came out of nowhere and stood right on top of it, as Sonic ran, grabbed Erika and dodged out the way. Cream was watching from the house.
 
The plant got back up and attacked Tails, sending him flying backwards. Amy came back and slammed her hammer on it. It crushed into the ground, but recovered and swooped at Amy, knocking her off guard. She flew backwards into Tails. Sonic speed dashed into its body and split it. The top fell off and melted into the ground. Everyone noticed Erika was unguarded. Another one of those plants burst out of the ground behind her and opened like before. Erika turned to look, tripped and fell on her back. She held her hands out as hit came down. She pushed at the sides, stopping it from covering her. Sonic burst through that one too. It also melted into the ground. Sonic picked up Erika and ran. Four more burst out of the ground knocking Sonic back and dropping Erika. Amy was running over. She was knocked back by yet another plant. Four appeared around Erika and, without opening jabbed at her. She easily dodged them all as the flung back and forth. She moved around in a circular motion till all the plants collided with each other and she rolled over them. Tails grabbed Erika and flew in the air.
“What's going on? Why are they attack Erika?” He asked himself. The plants all reached up to Tails. They all stabbed into him and numbed him. Tails dropped Erika and fell unconscious. Amy ran and caught Erika as Sonic caught Tails. The plants knocked all but Erika away. One appeared in front of Erika, taking her off guard. It jabbed both her arms and then opened up. It went over her upper frame of her body and began sucking her in. She screamed and screamed and struggled to get free. But the plant Wasn't giving up and it sucked her till only her feet were out. Amy ran over and grabbed one of her feet.
“Lilly!!!” She screamed, but the plant won as Erika's shoe came off and she was sucked in. Her screaming fell silent as she was sucked through the entire plant and into the ground. Every single flower vanished into the floor, including the one that absorbed Erika. Amy burst into tears right there, holding Erika's little shoe.
“No! She's gone again.” She cried. Sonic came over to comfort her and took her inside.