Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic: Epilogue 2: The Past ❯ Erika's Riddles Arrising ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9: Erika's Riddles Arising.
 
Tails had finished making the weapons. He gave Sonic a large double-sided sword, as in a sword sharp on both sides. He had a double bladed sword, as in a sword with two blades on each side of the handle. He also had a sniper rifle. Amy and Cream had their hammers.
 
Amy was in the front room, crying because Erika was gone. Cream and Sonic were trying to comfort her. “Amy, Let's go outside in the fresh air. Come on. Please?” Sonic asked. Amy stood up and Sonic guided her. Tails turned on the T.V. there was a news report about a black hedgehog.
“…and after the discovery of the mysterious black hedgehog, he was immediately put into hospital and now is in confinement at the new prison island.” The woman reporter said. Tails was shocked. He ran outside.
“Sonic! Shadow's alive.” He yelled.
“What?” Sonic ran over. “Where?” he asked. Tails replied.
“At Prison Island.”
“Let's go Tails.” Sonic said.
“What about Amy?” Tails asked.
“Cream can look after her.” Sonic said. Tails and Sonic ran up to get the Tornado plane. After getting it, they flew out to prison island. Sonic looked down at the island. “Wow, I can't believe they rebuild this after Eggman blew it up.” Sonic said. The island began shooting them. Tails evaded the shots. They were shot and crash landed on the island. Tails and Sonic got up and ran for the base. Intruding was easy enough. Keeping out of sight was another story. However, they managed to do it. The got to Shadows Chambers. He was frozen in Ice. Tails cut the metal pipes with his sword and the two entered. Tails then put a weird machine that melted the ice onto it. Shadow fell down out cold. Sonic picked him up and the two left. They found the plane and took off.
 
(A/Ns: I know this is rushed, but I want to get this done.)
 
Tails and Sonic put Shadow on a table in Tails lab like area.
“We'll leave him here to recover.” Tails said.
“Fine,” Sonic said. “Let's go enjoy the fresh air.” He left the house.
 
Later on, Sonic was relaxed on the grass under the tree in the meadow. Cream was playing with Cheese. Tails was making his sword stronger and Amy was relaxing on Sonic's shoulder. It was a peaceful day until they saw Eggman in his flying egg ship heading towards his base. Sonic decided to investigate. Like they did all the time, everyone followed.
 
Upon arrival, Sonic and Co entered Eggman's base. Inside Eggman was working on his latest plan. Sonic and Co stepped into the room, weapons at the ready.
“Hey there, Egghead.” Sonic mocked.
“Sonic? I thought you'd never show.” Eggman said with a cocky tone.
“Well, I couldn't disappoint you now could I Eggman.” Sonic replied.
“Now, Sonic. I have tried and tried several times to defeat you and your meddling friends. Each time that has failed. SO, I came up with a new plan. Try this on for size!” Eggman pressed a button and a gigantic robot appeared with Eggman inside. “You have beaten me every time, but not this time. It's time I took home a win.” Eggman attacked Sonic and his friends who dodged out of the way. Cream watched and hid behind Tails. Tails protected Cream. Amy watched in fright that something might happen to Sonic. Knuckles and Rouge came in and saw what was going on, Knuckles held back with Rouge. Sonic went full attack dead at Eggman. Eggman's robot was indeed powerful, but Sonic was far superior. Sonic ran up one of the arms and used the sword to cut it clean off. He jumped and cut down the side of the chest. Soon Eggman's robot fell and out came Eggman.
“Give up Egghead. We have you beat.” Sonic overconfidently said.
“Never.” Eggman leaped up and stuck a needle into Sonics left shoulder.
“Ahhh!!!” Sonic squirmed. “What is that?!” Sonic pulled the now empty needle out of his shoulder.
“It's a virus, Sonic. You will never feel the same again.” Eggman started laughing.
“What do you mean?” Sonic yelled.
“Let's finished this!!!” Eggman threw a shuriken at Amy. Tails quick reactions paid off. He aimed with his rifle and shot the Shuriken before it hit the blocking Amy. Tails lifted his rifle and bang. He shot Eggman in his shoulder. “You'll pay for that Eggman.” Sonic spin dashed into the top of Eggman and went straight through him. Eggman fell in half. Sonic looked down onto his dead body. “That's what you get for…” Sonic stop and held onto his shoulder. “Ahhh… what the hell.” Sonic yelled. “AHHHH!!!!!!” A flash of light went around Sonic. Amy ran over to him.
 
`When the dark one appears, the light shall go to darkness, only then with the world be turned into a living nightmare.'
 
“Sonic! What's wrong? AHHH!!!” Sonic drew his sword and stabbed Amy. “Ug… So…Sonic?” Sonic was huffing and puffing and then he realized what he had done.
 
`You are in love, the love loves you only he won't tell you. You open your feelings to love but love won't let you go farther. In the end your love will go to far and something bad will happen. Something really bad'
 
“A… Amy! Wh… What? What have I done?” Sonic went to pull the sword out but Tails stopped him.
“Sonic, if you pull out your sword, Amy's body with rip out blood. We need to help her soon.” Sonic rested Amy down and let go of the sword. Amy was trying to breathe. Rouge got down next to her.
“Rouge,” Amy weakly spoke, “What… what time is it?” rouge looked at her watch.
“It's 4:51.” Rouge said. a minute later, Cream ran over to Sonic and slapped him around the face.
“Sonic, you idiot. Look what you did to…” Sonic suddenly grabbed the sword, slashed Amy half open and slashed Cream up her face.
 
`Such beauty is recognised by your love, till the dawn arises, clanging metal will fly and destroy such beauty but your love will remain love and love is not blind nor does it hate the destroyed beauty.'
 
Amy died.
 
`When the clock strikes 4:52 darkness will surround your love and take it forever.'
 
Tails double kicked Sonic. He then swung his tails around and pounded into Sonics face. Sonic fell to the ground. Sonic swung up and was slashed down the face. Tails had out a double-bladed sword. He swung for Sonic who ducked and swiped at Tails feet. Tails jumped sideways double kicking Sonic. Sonic fell down again and released his sword. He sword slid off to a far tower. Sonic jumped up.
“Very good Tails. You fight well.” Sonic said in an evil voice. He shook his head violently. “Tails. Help me! What's going on? I'm losing control… AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!” KABOOM!!!! A giant flash of light sent Sonic into the air. Tails picked up Cream, who was bleeding badly, and ran off.
 
Outside they all saw Sonic in midair. He looked… evil. He flew at the group. He was about to strike Tails. Shadow came out of nowhere. He blocked Sonic.
“Get out of here! Now!” Shadow yelled, he deflected Sonic. The others ran away. Shadow looked at Sonic. “What's Wrong with you?” Sonic did not reply. He just attacked Shadow. Shadow jumped out of the way. Sonic skidded on the ground and ran towards Shadow. He threw a punch and Shadow blocked, punching Sonic in the chin. Shadow kicked Sonic in the stomach, then jump swirled in the air and kicked with his other foot in Sonic's jaw. He twisted and double kicked him. Sonic fell to the ground. Shadow was performing a dropkick, but sonic rolled to his left and flipped up. Shadow stood and blocked a kick. Sonic power punched Shadow. Shadow was launched backwards into Eggman's base. A rock flew at him with great speed, he dived out the way. Sonic flew, feet first at Shadow. Shadow grabbed his legs, twirled round and threw him into the Cliffside. He decided to run. Shadow booted it out of there.