Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic::Epilogue ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tails paced in front of Cream, who was following him with her eyes.

Tails was constantly moaning… "What can we do? Why doe's it have to be Sonic. What is our plan of action? Do we stand a chance?" Cream was replying.

"I don't know. Uh… can I come back to you on that? Don't ask me. I hope so." Tails stopped pacing and fell on to the bed found with Cream. Cream watched him breathe, his chest moving up and down. Tails looked at Cream and held her hand.

"Cream…" He whispered.

"Tails…?" Cream replied.

"Cream, promise me… if I die…" Tails started.

"Tails, don't even say that!" Cream cried.

"Just promise me you'll run, don't look back. Don't go mental and try to attack. Just run, and hide. Don't try to get vengeance." Tails said.

"…I will… but you promise me something too."

"What?"

"Promise me… you won't die…"

"I… I'll try me best to stay alive."

"PROMISE ME!"

"I… can't."

"Why?"

"Because… that may be a promise I can't keep. Sonic could burst in and kill me now…"

"Shut UP, TAILS!!! Stop jinxing yourself." Tails remained silent. Cream just cried into his chest. He rubbed her ears and stared at her, letting her cry on him.

Sonic kicked Mighty hard. Mighty coughed out blood. He punched Sonic sending him flying backwards. Sonic rebounded off the rocks and smashed head first into Mighty. Mighty fell backwards. Mighty hopped up and jumped. Sonic flew underneath him. Mighty landed on Sonics back and took him to the ground. Sonic threw him off and kicked him in the face. Mighty felt the full force and retaliated by grabbing Sonics leg and breaking it. Sonic let out a horrid yelled. He used his free leg to try and kick Mighty again. He failed miserably. Mighty broke his other leg. He lobbed Sonic into the air and followed ready to pull of the final attack. The Mighty-Boom! He grabbed Sonic ankles and rapped his legs around his waist, catching his Arms in place and they both pummelled to the ground. Sonic released his arms. He broke Mightys hold on his waist, grabbed his head, rolled around in mid air and made Mighty smash his head into rock. Mighty ceased all movement at this point. He had died. Sonic sat and used his hands to put his broken bones back into place. (A/N: Which is sick by the way. It's painful and makes and loud horrible CRACKING sound. It sends shivers down my spine thinking about it. It helps though. I did it once. But you should let them heal on their own.) Sonic ripped off some of Mightys clothing and used it for bandages. He limped of into the background. Another evil smirk spread across his face.

Tails and Cream were in bed. Tails staring at the ceiling and Cream asleep with one arm across Tails chest. Tails lifted up Creams arm slowly. He snuck out of the bed and placed a pillow where he should be and rested Cream's arm back down. He had a stroll around the underground caves. He went over to the master emerald. He stared at the masterful stone. Knuckles walked up behind him.

"The master emerald told me a way to defeat Sonic. We need to do… a merger." He explained with I distaste like tone in his voice.

"A merger?" Tails said confused.

"Yeah… we are the only two strong enough to stand up to Sonic, A fusion only last's for 30 minutes. That isn't long enough. A merger is a permanent fusion. I don't like the idea. But it seems to be the best one we have." Knuckles sighed. Tails stared at him.

"So… we couldn't separate even if we wanted to?"

"Nope."

"Then I don't think I want to."

"But we might lose otherwise."

"If we can beat Sonic as a fusion. Then why don't we both just go for a head on attack together."

"Because Sonic would find a way to split us up and take us out separately."

"Fine. Okay."

"One condition."

"…What?"

"You… protect the master emerald."

"What? You mean stand on that island all day and night forever being bored and doing nothing."

"Not at all. You could move your workshop to it."

"What if I get married to someone and have a honeymoon?"

"Find a replacement till your done. Then you and your new wife can live there."

"What will I look like?"

"How am I supposed to know?"

"Can I tell Cream first?"

"Certainly."

Tails walks into his cavern room where Cream was sleeping. He shook her shoulder slightly to wake her up. Cream open one eye slightly then looked at Tails.

"Hi, Tails." She said softly.

"Hey, Cream." Tails said sad like.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm gonna have to go into the biggest fight of my life."

"You're not gonna fight Sonic are you?"

"Yeah."

"But… you'll die."

"Thanks for the confidence."

"Sorry."

"I'm gonna merge with Knuckles to try and win. If it succeeds then we should be able to defeat him."

"Will you be able to become just you again?"

"Afraid not." A long silence filled the room before Tails broke it.

"Well, I'd better get going."

"Tails… I'll love you no matter what you look like."

"Thanks, Cream. Goodbye."

"Don't say goodbye. That only lowers my spirit."

"…Goodbye, Cream." Tails said as he left. Cream just cried. Knuckles was sat on the rotating emerald.

"Ready yet?"

"Yeah." Tails got on the Master emerald with Knuckles. They were both sucked into the Emerald.

Inside Tikal was waiting. They were at the shrine in the past.

"Are you sure you want to merge." Tikal asked.

"It's the only way." Knuckles said.

"Tikal?" Tails started.

"Yes, Tails." Tikal asked.

"Will there…"

"Be a way for you to separate? Possibly. I'll try my best if you are desperate to separate. But I cannot promise anything."

"Okay."

"Ready?"

"Yes"

"Yes"

Tikal chanted a chant to Knuckles and Tails who were shaking hands. Soon their bodies glowed and became one. The new Echidna-fox was starring at his hands and other parts of his body.

"Oh, yeah… This is cool."

(A/N: readers. I need a good name for the new character merger. I would like someone to help me think of the name. I will make my own but I don't know if you would like it. Please help by posting ideas in reviews. If I like a name I will use it if not then I will try making m own. Thank you.)