Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Underground 2 ❯ Memories of the Hunters ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sonic Underground Season 2 Ep 2: Memories of the Hunters
by Julie Riley

Prologue:

Nack is still trying to comfort his sister, but Nic pushes him away from her.

Nic: Just stay away!

Nack: Look, we're now criminals. So face the facts! (looks up) I had to, when I was younger.

Rouge: Great, now all the bounty/treasure hunters are probably going to be the most wanted criminals in Mobius, thanks to you Weasel Boy.

Nack: It was an accident! Which part do you not understand?

Nic: (looks up) What the-? A ship?

Nack & Rouge: Huh?

They both looked up and saw a ship from Robotropolis coming down. When it landed, the ship opened. They were surprised at who they saw coming out of the ship.

Nack, Rouge, and Nic: Sleet and Dingo?

Story:

Aleena: (narrating)There will be many lessons learned today, and one of them will be what's inside the person that counts, not the outside. Although some might not learn it completely yet.

As she narrates, the scene goes to Robotropolis, where the Sonic Underground's hidden base is. The Sonic Underground begins to play a song after Aleena finishes narrating.

------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------

Trust (Sung in the tune of Metal Harbor CD Version)

Sonic:

Everything seems to go astray

So how come things won't go my way?

You know there's only one thing I can do

And that's to trust someone that I don't know

Manic:

So let's just put our trust to use

And make sure we don't get confused

We need to trust even the enemies in turn

That's why we gotta live and learn

All:

*Trust is the only thing that I'll ever need

Let's make sure we have all succeed

*Repeat

Sonia:

I know that some can be sensitive

And some don't know how they give

But I know they're gentle inside

So let's put our differences aside

All:

We need to trust our enemies

So we know they can help us three

So let's find those bounty hunters as friends

And then let's trust them to the end

*Repeat Twice

(Guitar Solo)

*Repeat

Yeah!

------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

As soon as they were done singing, Cyrus comes in through the secret entrance.

Cyrus: Sonic, you should look at this.

Cyrus holds the newspaper, with a picture of not only Nack & Rouge, but also Nic.

Sonic: Let me see that. (reading the paper) "To Every Citizen in Robotropolis: I, Robotnik, have hired more recruits as my lackeys, and they are.."

As we go back to where Nack & the others were, Nack is reading the same article.

Nack: (reading) "..Nack the Weasel, Rouge the Bat, and Nicollete, adopted daughter of Lady Meryl. Both Weston & Lady Meryl were captured, but were free once they were in my care. The two will continue to serve me as long as Nicollete obeys me." (looks at Sleet) Sleet, Dingo, tell me you didn't do what I think you did.

Sleet looked down as Dingo was about to speak. But Sleet puts his hand in front of Dingo & shook his head to him.

Nic: (concerned) Please, tell me this isn't true.

Sleet: (sighs) I'm sorry, but what other choice did I have? If I would've told him that you had special instruments like the ones the Sonic Underground have, then we all would've been roboticised.

Nack: "We"? Like in all of us, including you? (looks angry) Anyway, why did you even bother to show up and give us this? You have your plans with Eggman and the so-called "Sonic Underground". So why did you even bother to help us?

Sleet: (angry) It's none of your business!

Sleet turned his back at Nack. He didn't have the heart to tell the truth to him. Nic was the only one who could tell this. She just shrugs it off.

Sleet: (thinking)Nack's the only true friend I ever had since childhood. Sure I'm older than him, but he did acted like the brother I never had before the job searching incident. And any friend of Nack is a friend of mine, and that's that.

Dingo: (to Nic) Uh, listen..we have a big-shot boss that you can talk to. Maybe he's at Robotropolis as we speak.

Nic: Why bother? I'm not going to see a stupid man who acts like he's top of the world.

Sleet: Nic, our boss, before we worked for Robotnik, isn't a man, he's a weasel. Plus he is sorta famous through all rich children.

Nic: He's famous? Why didn't you say so?

Nack grabbed Sleet by the collar before letting Nic have an agreement to go back to Robotropolis.

Nack: (angrily) Okay, Sleet, explain to me why my boss is your boss!

Back with the Sonic Underground, Sonic had just finished reading the news.

Sonic: I can't believe it. One of my old allies from about over 2 years ago now works under Robotnik.

Sonia: I really don't believe it. How could Nicollete do this?

Manic: Man, and Rouge told me that she had to get away from an old castle from when she was 5.

The three looked at each other and realized something.

All: You know that Bounty Hunter!?

Sonia: Of course I do, she and I took our classes together.

Manic: As for Rouge, she was hanging around with a creepy kind of father. You know, one of those vampires.

Sonic: Yuck! As for Nack, Uncle Chuck hired him over a couple of years ago to take down a major weapon that was going to destroy all life on Mobius. If it weren't for him finding that out, we wouldn't be here now.

Cyrus: Sonic, Manic, Sonia, explain to me how you know them?

Manic: My story goes way back before I got my drum sticks. This might frighten you though.

(12 Years Ago)

Manic: (narrating)When Farrell and I were in a place called Mobitransylvania, one of the sections at the Northwestern Side of Mobius, we both heard a little girl crying.

Farrell and a little Manic were traveling together, to make sure there were some valuables they could steal. Manic hears something.

Manic: Hey, Farrell, I think I hear something.

Farrell: What is it that you hear, Manic?

Manic: It sounds like a girl crying.

Farrell: We better go find out.

Farrell starts to go straight to where he heard the cry, but a French gray squirrel stops him to warn him.

French Gray Squirrel: Beware, Moiser, zer iz a vampire zat has lived here for 300 years. You and your son must turn back quickly.

The French squirrel leaves before Farrell or Manic had a chance to ask.

Manic: What was that all about?

Farrell: I don't know, but he might be serious about this. Still (looks at the castle) we must help rescue that child from whoever lives there.

Manic: Right.

Manic & Farrell go quickly to the castle. As Manic narrates, we see Farrell & Manic fighting their way through the giant worms up on the hill & killing them (people that played Conker should know where the dead worms came from).

Manic: (narrating)We got rid of the worms that were gonna eat us. It was then we finally got to the castle.

At the castle door, Farrell knocked. The doors opened slowly, revealing in the threshold a little white bat girl, crying.

Farrell: Oh my, it's a crying child. (to Manic) Manic, take care of her. I'll try finding the owner.

As Farrell left to find the owner, Manic looked at the girl. She looked like a little toddler wearing red overalls & a white shirt.

Manic: Hey, kid, you okay?

The girl looked at Manic & gasped.

Girl: Who are you? Daddy's going to hurt you if you don't get out of here.

Manic: Calm down, I'm here to get you out of here. (looks at her wound) You're hurt. No wonder you were crying.

Girl: Please...I would feel better if you and your dad didn't stay here.

Manic: (gets out the iodine he stole) Don't worry, I know how to handle this. (holds her arm) By the way, what's your name?

Girl: Rouge.

Manic: Nice name. My name's Manic. Now hold really still, Rouge.

Manic places the iodine cloth on her arm, but it hurts Rouge really badly.

Rouge (Girl): AHHH!!

Farrell: (rushing in) What just happened?

Manic: I just put some medicine on her. Now she's having a hissy fit. (to Rouge) Don't cry, it's going to be okay.

Voice: Leave zat child alone!

Farrell & Manic looked behind them & saw a figure wearing a cloak. Rouge stops crying & looks at him. Half of his face was covered, but Rouge could recognize him.

Rouge: Daddy!

Manic gasped as Farrell went up to her father.

Farrell: Sir, this child of yours was terribly hurt. I need to help-

Rouge's Dad: (angrily) How dare you touch my daughter! Now you shall suffer ze consequences!

He leaps into the air & jumps on top of Farrell. Rouge's dad looked like he was going to bite his neck. But Farrell blocked him from his neck.

Farrell: Manic, run!

Manic: But Farrell-

Farrell: No buts! Make sure the girl's safe & leave.

Manic looked terrified at this. If Farrell would die, then he would be an orphan. But he did tend to his last words.

Manic: (turns to Rouge) Rouge, we have to-

But she wasn't with him anymore. She had run to her room upstairs. Manic looked curiously at the picture on the wall.

Manic: Something's not right here. This picture is a squirrel. (to Farrell) She's upstairs. She'll be okay!

Farrell: (notices) Sir, why did you stop?

He didn't answer and quickly goes to where Rouge is. Manic quickly follows, but the door shuts in front of him. Manic bangs on the door.

Manic: Hey, Rouge, let me in. I'm sorry for hurting you. Please give me a chance.

Manic was about to bang the door some more, but Farrell stopped him.

Farrell: I think we should leave them alone for a while.

Manic sighs and starts to head out the door. As Manic narrates, the young hedgehog wonders sadly if Rouge would be all right.

Manic: (narrating)I didn't know what to do, but I knew I had to find some way of rescuing her.

Manic then saw Farrell coming out, with an unconscious Rouge on his arms.

Manic: (looks happy) Oh, Farrell, is she going to be okay?

Farrell: Of course she will. When that man came out, he told me to keep her safe, making sure that this one person he hated doesn't try to kill her.

Manic: You mean that man that tried to hurt you? But why would-

Farrell: I don't know, but I think he has his reasons. Come, let's find a nice home for her in Weaselopolis.

Manic smiles as both he & Farrell with an unconscious Rouge walk down from the castle.

(Present Time)

Manic: When we came to Weaselopolis, we gave Rouge to the orphanage. Seeing that it was sad, we thought it was the best thing we could do. But it wasn't until when she was 8-10 that I saw her again. (sighs) But I don't wanna talk about it.

Cyrus: So that's what happened with you and Rouge. Can you explain more?

Sonia: (concerned) Didn't you come here besides giving us the paper?

Cyrus: There's a mission involved, but I have plenty of time to listen.

Sonic: Okay, if you say so.

Back with Nack & his group, Sleet finished explaining how he got his job from Nack's boss.

Nack: I don't believe it. I just can't imagine you being so stupid! Did you have to sacrifice yourself for me? I could've handled him.

Sleet: I didn't realize you had the same boss until you told me who your boss was.

Dingo: Uh Sleet, please calm down.

Sleet: (angry) You calm down, Dingo. Besides, there's nothing wrong with capturing Sonic, Manic, and Sonia by my old & new boss' orders.

Nack: Sonic?

Nic: Sonia?

Rouge: And...Manic?

All: We remember! (points to each other) You do?

Rouge: I'll explain first. I don't remember anything of my past life, except I woke up at an orphanage. Everyone was terrible to me. The only friends I did have were either at the castle where their king lived or Manic. He comes to visit whenever possible. But then came about the day when I met Nack.

(7-9 Years Ago)

Rouge: (narrating)I saw Manic again, but it was the last time I was ever gonna see him.

A kid Rouge with a kid Nack were going to the Nasty Windy section, but then they both saw a green hedgehog.

Nack: Hey, who's that guy?

Rouge: That's Manic. (waves to him) Manic, over here.

Manic: (looks at her direction) Rougie? What's been happening? (sees Nack) And who is he?

Rouge: (giggles) Oh, this boy? His name is Nack.

Nack: Yo, what-up.

Manic: Cool. Is he the new shrimp of the group?

Nack: Hey!

Manic: I'm kidding. You're not a shrimp. You're more like...a strawberry shortcake.

Nack: (angry) I'm not short!

Rouge: Hey, leave him alone!

Manic: HAHAHAHAHA!!

Rouge got angry with Manic, and decided to do the only thing she could do. She slapped him on the cheek.

Rouge: Quit making fun of Nack. He's like this cause he's only a kid like us.

Manic: Kid or not, he's still short.

Nack: Shut up!

Rouge: That's it! Manic, I never want to see your face ever again! (to Nack) Let's get out of here.

Rouge takes Nack's hand as they leave Manic behind.

Manic: Rouge! Come back! I...I didn't mean it!

Rouge was already gone and Manic slumped to the ground. Now he was a heartbroken hedgehog cause of his stupid mocking of Nack's size. He was going to tell Rouge that he loved her, but now it was too late.

(Present Time)

They were now inside the ship as Rouge finishes.

Rouge: That was the last time I ever saw that jerk.

Nack: Oh yeah, now I remember. He made fun of me for my size.

Sleet: I see. And what do you think we should do about this now?

Nic: You mean about seeing Lady Meryl & Weston again? We go over to where Robotnik has them, that's what!

Nack: Then let's go.

Nack taps on the quadrants on his ship & sets it to Robotropolis. Sleet does the same thing on his ship, except it he does it automatically. The ships go in the air & they head to Robotropolis. Back with the Sonic Underground, Cyrus looked more & more interested as Sonia begins telling her tales with Nic or to her, Nicollete.

Sonic: So tell us, Sonia, what was Nicollete like?

Manic: And how come you know her?

Sonic: (angry) Manic!

Manic: Sorry, Sonic.

Sonia: You see, Nicollete was the very first person that helped me on my lectures. If she hadn't, then I would've probably ended up like all the other commoners.

Manic: Commoners?

Sonic: She means us, Manic.

Manic: Oh.

Cyrus: Sonia, since when did you meet her the first time?

Sonia: Now that would be a story I would never forget.

(10 Years Ago)

Sonia: (narrating) It was when I had my first day of classes. Every girl started to pick on me.

As she narrates, we see a little Sonia being picked on by older snob girls. She looks like she's having a hard time trying to fight back.

Girl 1: What's wrong? Windimere's daughter gonna cry? Oh I forgot, you're adopted.

Girl 2: You're so pathetic. You don't even look like you could ever fit in.

Girl 3: Where's the Lady now? Isn't she suppose to protect you, the new pink hedgehog that's going to be in our own classrooms?

Girl 4: Probably doing her work so that (mocking voice) 'little Sonia Wonia' (normal voice) could be lonely all on her own!

Sonia: Quit it! You girls leave me alone!

Girl 1: What's the matter? Sonia gonna cry now?

Girl 2: What a stupid twat that Windimere has!

Girl 3: I can't believe anyone, especially Bartleby, would ever want to go out with you!

Girl 4: She's nothing but a bloody prick!

Sonia: Please stop it, I have to get to class before I'm late. (starts to cry) Please, let me go, girls. I don't like anything of what you said.

Girls: She's such a bitch!

The girls were all laughing at Sonia as she started to cry. But then came a voice.

Voice: Leave that girl alone!

The girls turned around and saw Nic (she's in tomboyish clothes).

Girl 3: Cripes! It's Nicollete, the Bully Killer! She's probably here to kill all of us like she did with the last ones! Aw crap!

Girls: Let's get out of here!

They screamed as they ran from both her and Sonia.

Nic: You okay, young lady?

Sonia: (sniffs) I...think so.

Nic: Those stuck up girls don't know how to do anything right.

She helps Sonia up, as Sonia smiles a bit.

Sonia: (wipes a tear off) I'm Sonia. Ask me this; Why were the girls calling you the 'Bully Killer'?

Nic: Simple, I make sure that the people that bully other kids are no more. And also make sure that they get what they completely deserve.

Sonia: That sounds kinda cruel if you ask me. Anyway, thanks for saving my life.

Nic: Hey, what are friends for?

Nic helps her pick up the books and walks her to their class.

Sonia: How long have you been called, 'The Bully Killer'?

Nic: Don't know. No one's ever asked me that before.

The two entered the classroom just before the bell started.

(Present Time)

Sonia: She was a really good friend to me. I even considered giving her the nickname, Nic. She liked the nickname alot, but didn't like to be called that whenever she was with rich kids. We've been good friends through thick & thin, until we had to move to another school. But still, we keep contact with each other.

Cyrus: That's pretty interesting. But I know that she won't be the same when you encounter her next time.

Sonia: I know. But I do miss her.

Sonia looks up at the sky, thinking of Nic. Back inside the ship, Nic looked down at a abandoned house in Robotropolis. She sighed about this.

Dingo: Something wrong?

Nic: Yeah, but don't tell Nack or anyone else this. I miss my friend, Sonia.

Dingo: (shocked) You knew Sonia?

Nic: We were neighbors. Back then, when I first met her, she was being picked on, so I stepped in cause she was the new girl. When we discovered we were neighbors, she hugged me and told me that, (in Sonia's voice) "If any of us need any trouble, then we'll ask the other for help."

Dingo: Wow, I never knew you could imitate Sonia, the one I love, so well.

Nic: I'm not really good with anyone else. Anyway, we've been buds for about a few years, but that was until Lady Meryl got a new job.

(7 Years Ago)

Nic was playing with her friend, Sonia, in the ball room of Lady Windermere's, pretending that their own boyfriends were there.

Nic: Oh Weston, you're so handsome. (does a bad impersonation of Weston) Oh thank you, Nicollete. I feel like I can dance all night with you.

Sonia: Bartleby, you're quite the looker. (tries imitating Bartleby) You think so, Sonia?

Voice: Sonia, Nicollete, there's something I have to tell you.

The two stopped dancing and turned around to see both Lady Windimere & Lady Meryl with serious looks on their faces.

Meryl: I don't know how to tell you this, but...Nicollete, we're moving to a new home.

Nic: What!? But...what about-

Windimere: I'm afraid your mother's right, Nicollete. It's sad to see the both of you go.

Sonia: (starts crying) Please...you can't go, Nicollete. You're the very first girlfriend I ever had.

Nic felt a little sorry for seeing her friend cry. Even though she was a tomboy, she gave Sonia a little hug.

Nic: Don't worry, Sonia, I'm sure we'll see each other again. I promise.

Sonia: I hope so.

Meryl: Let's go, Nicollete.

She shed a tear, just before she started to head out, even though she didn't like showing tears. She waved goodbye to Sonia & left the ballroom. Little later, they were outside at the Robotropolis Aristocrats Mansion-land 1 Area.

Nic: Don't worry about me. Lady Meryl gave me the address so you could come and visit or write letters to me.

She gave Sonia the paper which had the address with Robotropolis Aristocrats Mansion-land 2 Area next to it.

Sonia: Please don't forget, we're still friends, no matter what.

Nic: And we're like the sisters we never had.

They both smiled and looked for each other for a moment. Then Lady Meryl called out to Nic.

Meryl: Nicollete, we don't have all day!

Nic: (to Lady Meryl) Coming! (to Sonia) Goodbye, Sonia. I'll miss you.

Sonia: I'll miss you too, Nicollete.

They both high-fived each other, then Nic went in the limo-like ship. The ship drives off as Sonia waved goodbye. She let down a tear as she smiled sadly.

(Present Time)

Nic: I don't know how long it was back then, but I don't think Sonia will ever think of me the same way again.

Dingo: Don't worry, I think she will, once you find her again.

Nic smiled at what he said. They both then saw Rouge coming in.

Rouge: Nic, Dingo, we're here. Time to pick up the Lady and your boyfriend.

Nic gets up and starts going to the exit with Rouge & Dingo behind her. When she got out, Nack looked angry at her.

Nack: And just tell me how long you were planning on staying inside the ship.

Nic: It's none of your business, Nack. Let's just go in and get both Weston & Lady Meryl.

The five went through the door as Sleet ponders.

Sleet: (thinking) Why does it feel like that Nack's been here before?

Inside the base, Nic sees two familiar figures.

Nic: Lady Meryl! Weston! You're both okay!

She runs up to them, and starts trying to hug them, but they go through her.

Nic: Huh? What the-?

Back at the hideout, Sonic was ready to explain his encounter with Nack.

Sonic: Okay, so it goes like this-

Sonia: (interrupts) Sonic, is this going to take long? Cause I want to know what Cyrus wants us to do next.

Sonic: Trust me, Sonia, it won't take long. Anyway, like I was saying, I met Nack when he was about 8-10 years old.

(7-9 Years Ago)

Sonic: (narrating) It looked like he was troubled by something when I was going to go out and get some tools for Uncle Chuck.

As he narrates, a very young Sonic was speeding through the trees and then bumps into someone.

Both: Oof!

Sonic: Hey, watch where you're going!

Boy: You should be the one looking out, hedgehog.

Sonic opened his eyes & saw a purple weasel wearing a red jacket with a medallion on his neck with a pair of boots, brown gloves. & a suitcase.

Sonic: And who might you be?

Boy: Name's Nack, and I'm running away if you wanna know.

Sonic: Running away? Why are you doing that?

Nack (Boy): If you must know, that jerk who was once my friend bossed me around ever since he started to look for a job. Now that he has one, he was going to boss me around more.

Sonic: Oh really. What's his name?

Nack: Just shut up! I don't feel like talking about it!

He starts to walk again, but turns around smirking.

Nack: And by the way, I have a feeling we'll meet again someday.

He then runs to the direction where a castle was. It wasn't a few moments later that Sleet came running to find Nack.

Sleet: Nack? Nack! Where are you? I promise that I'll let you help me on my missions!

Sonic: Excuse me, but are you the person that a boy named Nack talked about?

Sleet: (looks at him) Why do you ask?

Sonic: (points at the opposite direction) You just missed him. He went that way.

Sleet: Thanks, kid.

He goes running to the direction Sonic pointed at. Little did Sleet know was that he headed to the wrong direction.

Sonic: (chuckles) Sucker.

(Present Time)

Sonic: I didn't see Nack again until only 2 years ago. Uncle Chuck hired him to help take out the most destructive factory of all. One that could've killed all of Mobius. I didn't know what he did, but I'm sure it was pretty cool. Anyway, after that, Uncle Chuck paid him the money he promised Nack, and then he just disappeared. I wish I could've gone with my uncle a year earlier.

Manic: Whoa!

Sonia: That's really...interesting.

Cyrus: Very nice, but right now, I have a mission for you three.

He opens up a hologram of an ancient castle.

Cyrus: This castle is where one of Robotnik's latest weapons is hidden. Don't worry, it's pretty abandoned, but some people claim that there lived a legendary vampire there.

Sonic: That's bogus.

Manic: You're joking, right Cyrus?

Sonia: Besides, who would be dumb enough to believe in vampires?

Back at the base, Nic ponders about what was going on just as a roboticised bat flew by Dingo.

Dingo: Gah!

He jumps in the air & squeezes Sleet tight.

Dingo: Sleet, save me, it's a vampire!

Sleet: Dingo, let go of me!

Dingo: (sees Sleet choking) Oh, (lets him go) sorry, Sleet.

Sleet looks at the bat that passed by. The bat only looked like it was passing by.

Sleet: Dingo, that bat was roboticised, and besides I keep telling you vampires aren't real.

Nic: Why are there holograms of Lady Meryl & Weston?

The holograms disappear as Robotnik entered the room with three robotic figures.

Robotnik: Well, well, look who showed up at the scene of the crime.

Nack: What crime, Eggman?

Robotnik: When you destroyed my most powerful weapon with that old hedgehog. Too bad I had to roboticise those two so-called 'snobs' as you called them, Nack as well as your temporary partner.

The three robots were indeed Uncle Chuck, Lady Meryl, & Weston.

Dingo: What the-? They're roboticised!

Nic: Oh no! (looks angry at Sleet) You lied to us!

Sleet: I...I...I didn't know!

Robotnik: Don't blame Sleet or Dingo about this. It was all my idea, Nicollete.

Nic: The name is Nic! Sonia gave me that nickname.

Robotnik: (ignoring) Too bad no one ever told anyone about Nack the Weasel's stupid heroism.

Rouge: Heroism?

She and Nic looked at Nack as he started to back away.

Sleet: (shocked) Nack, you never told us that you were...a hero.

Dingo: Nack, you said that you only did it for the money. You lied to us about not being a hero!

Nack: Well, it's been fun, but I gotta go now. (waves) Bye, Eggman.

The exit he was going to go through was now blocked by Swatbots.

Rouge: Uh oh. This isn't good.

Nack: (sees the exit blocked) Aw crap, we're screwed.

The Swatbots got closer to Nic as he backed up to where his gang was. Nic then did something she never did before, she screamed for help.

Nic: AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

As she screamed her medallion glowed. Back at the hideout, Sonia thought she heard something through her medallion.

Sonia: What was that?

Sonic & Manic heard the same scream through their medallions as Cyrus looked confused.

Sonic: Sounds like someone's screaming.

Manic: But who's screaming is all I want to know.

Sonia: (recognizing it) It's Nicollete. She's in danger.

Sonic: Are you sure? She might just trick us into a trap.

Sonia: I don't think so, it's serious.

Manic: (to Cyrus) The mission's going to wait. We have to help Sonia's friend out.

Sonic: Are you guys sure?

Sonia: There's only one way to find out. And that's to trust her scream. Come on.

Sonic grabs both Sonia's & Manic's hand and races off to where they heard Nic screamed.

Sonia: (thinking) Please, Nic, don't be roboticised! Just hang on, we're coming for you.

Back inside the base, Nack gave an angry look at Robotnik.

Nack: Long time no see, Egg Belly.

Robotnik: (sarcastically) Oh, very funny, bounty hunter. (normal voice) But you know, you and Sir Charles did destroy my most powerful factory that I ever built.

Nack: I keep telling you people that I only did it cause I wanted the money!

Rouge: Nack, maybe you should explain what happened.

Dingo: I always wondered what happened to you after you cheated death from the last time I saw you.

Sleet: (to Dingo) You mean you met Nack before me?

He nods as Nack sighs to them.

Nack: All right, but get off my back after you hear this.

Nic: I promise not to get 'too' involved in your past.

Nack: My story goes like this; My boss told me that he had a job for me to go to.

(2 Years Ago)

Nack: (narrating) It was then I met both Sir Charles and Sonic, just before Sonic discovered he could use his speed for anything.

We see Nack the Weasel in a secret hiding place. It looked like it was winter, so he wore his red jacket & a scarf to keep him warm. Nack knocks on the door after making sure no one was watching. Uncle Chuck opens the door from inside.

Uncle Chuck: Ah, Mr. Weasel, I presume. You came just in time.

Nack: So tell me, Sir Charles, if that's what my boss calls you all the time, (comes inside) how much will it be if I do the job? I'm payable you know.

Uncle Chuck: Well...(takes out the money) how does this much sound?

Nack: 900 Mobliums?

Back then, Nack thought 900 Mobliums was alot of money.

Nack: Okay, I'm interested. I though it was going to be something cheap like 50 Mobliums.

Sonic: (coming in) Yo, Uncle Chuck, is there any chili in the fridge? (sees Nack) Huh? Have we met before?

Nack: (looks at him) Hmmm...you look familiar. (realizes) You're that hedgehog from before I became a bounty hunter!

Sonic: So you're the boy once known as Nack. I guess you didn't see the look at that wolf's eyes when he was trying to search for you.

Nack: Wolf? (thinking) Sleet was actually looking for me?

Nack shakes it off & looks at Uncle Chuck.

Nack: Come on, Sir Charles, we have a job to do since you're part of it.

Uncle Chuck: It's going to be a little chili for me, but I think I can manage.

Sonic: Why not let me go too?

Uncle Chuck: (sighs) I'm sorry, Sonic. But I'm afraid you're too young for this mission.

Sonic: What!? That's not fair!

Nack: Listen to him, if you go on this mission with us, you'll be killed off, besides, this is a grown-up mission. (smirks) Check you later.

Sonic looked angry at Nack as both he and Uncle Chuck left.

Sonic: I'm only a year younger than you! (thinking) You just wait, stupid weasel. Besides, I'm more tough than you'll ever be.

Inside a very advanced factory, Nack was hiding behind one of the shadowed walls, waiting for some of the Swatbots to come out. He waved over a little to Uncle Chuck as he quickly ran over without getting caught.

Uncle Chuck: (whispers) So what's the situation?

Nack: (whispers) Don't know, but we have to get inside to find out.

Nack sees the door closing, takes Uncle Chuck's hand, and rushes inside before it closed completely. They both gasped at what they saw inside.

Uncle Chuck: Oh my...

Nack: What the hell?

It looked like a huge deadly weapon, one powerful enough to destroy the world.

Nack: That's the weapon!?

Uncle Chuck: I guess so, but we have to destroy it. Otherwise, who knows what could happen to Mobius?

Nack: Let's test it first.

Uncle Chuck: No, Nack! You'll destroy this place.

Nack: How can you be so sure? Besides, I'm careful about weapons. My boss always tells me, (in Boss' voice) "Nack, any weapon yous find may be useful in any type of way." (normal voice) That's a fact I go by.

Nack goes over to the controls without even letting Uncle Chuck speak. He looks to make sure that everything looks like it's in working order.

Nack: Okay, let's see. (sees a red button) Now what was it about red buttons that the Professor told me about?

He presses a button and it looks like it's about to self-destruct.

Nack: (gulps) Now I remember! He told me those were self-destruct buttons!

Uncle Chuck: We gotta get out of here!

Nack gets off & tries to help Uncle Chuck get out of here. The door wouldn't budge at all.

Uncle Chuck: Great, it's locked from inside.

Nack takes out his gun & tries busting the doors open. Unfortunately, the door wasn't made of wood.

Nack: Now how do we get out? I'm out of ideas.

Uncle Chuck: I knew I should've brought Sonic with us.

They then heard a buzz-sawing noise outside. The door was cut loose, and Sonic emerged.

Uncle Chuck: Sonny boy!

Sonic: I figured you guys need my help.

Uncle Chuck spots a piece of equipment on the floor & picks it up.

Uncle Chuck: This is what we've been searching for. Let's go.

Nack: That's it!?

Sonic: (grabs Chuck's & Nack's hands) Then come on, let's go!

He then starts using his speed to get out of the factory just as it was about to blow up with the deadly weapon. The factory blows up and it was gone. Robotnik, at his headquarters, saw what had happened.

Robotnik: That weasel blew up my factory! Whoever he is, he will pay!

(Present Time)

Nack: And that's what happened. The next thing I knew, I yelled at Sonic for ruining a mission & ran off with my dough.

Robotnik: Anyway, I have come to make sure that you and your royal sister are completely roboticised.

Nack: (thinking) That backstabber! I knew I couldn't trust that stupid wolf for one second! (to Robotnik) I keep telling you people that I'm not a royal snob!

Robotnik: Then how come you are wearing a royal medallion?

Nack: I just found it, that's all!

Robotnik: Very amusing, weasel. (to the robots) Throw them into the roboticiser, including Sleet & Dingo!

Sleet: What!?

Dingo: But...I thought-

Robotnik: Well you thought wrong.

The three robots, including 2 that were coming into the room, grabbed Nack, Nic, Rouge, Sleet, & Dingo and dragged them to the roboticiser.

Robotnik: (waving as the door closed) Have a pleasant evil life. HA-HA-HA-HA!!

Voice: Not so fast, Egg Belly!

Robotnik: What!?

He turns around & sees the Sonic Underground.

Sonia: Where's Nicollete?

Robotnik: You're too late to save her, Sonia. She's being roboticised as we speak.

Manic: Liar!

Manic takes out his medallion, which transforms to his drums, and starts making an earthquake with his drums.

Robotnik: Guards, seize them!

Inside the Roboticiser Room, the robots with their prisoners also felt the earthquake.

Uncle Chuck: What is happening?

Meryl: The place is collapsing.

Windimere: I don't understand.

Farrell: Quickly, we must throw the prisoners in the roboticiser.

Weston: Hurry before the place collapses with us in it.

It was too late, the earthquake rumbles forced them to let go of Nack and the others. They then hit the control, which caused them to be shocked & their circuits go haywire. A moment later, they were activated again, but they weren't quite the same as before when they were roboticised.

Farrell: (normal voice) Oh my, what happened?

Windimere: (normal voice) The last thing I remember is being captured by those awful brutes.

Meryl: (normal voice) Same here.

Windimere: (sees Meryl) Oh my, Lady Meryl, is that you? You look awful.

Weston: (normal voice) Same with you, my lady. (sees Nic) Nicollete?

Nic: Weston! Lady Meryl!

She runs & hugs them both, even though they're still roboticised.

Rouge: I don't get it. What just happened?

Uncle Chuck: (normal voice) I think it's when we hit the control panels, we all somehow gained our free will permanently.

Nack: (looks at Uncle Chuck) Sir Charles? How long has it been?

Uncle Chuck: About 2 years since we last met.

Sleet: I don't get what's up with you, Nack. Why not just get some of Robotnik's loot and get out of here?

Nack: Well, cause that would be turning your back on him.

Then Sonic, Sonia, and Manic quickly come in after knocking Robotnik unconscious, thanks to Manic's earthquake and a piece of the building falling on his head. They then saw Uncle Chuck and the others, without seeing Nack and his group (he and his comrades were hidden when the door opened).

Sonic: Uncle Chuck?

Sonia: Lady Windimere? Lady Meryl? And Weston?

Manic: Farrell? Is that really you?

The three hugged their long lost friends & relatives as Nack tapped on Sleet's shoulder.

Nack: Let's go, Sleet. I know a place Robotnik would never find us.

Sleet: Where? Robotnik probably has guards around Mobius.

Nack: (smirks) Not everywhere. Windy and Mobitransylvania aren't taken over.

Dingo: Do we have to go to Mobitransylvania? (gulps) Where the vampire lives?

Rouge: We keep telling you that there are no such things as vampires! Besides, it's probably abandoned by now.

Nack: And yes, Dingo, we have to go to Mobitransylvania. It's suppose to be a short cut to Windy since the old path I took was longer & taken over.

Nic: You keep on talking alot about Windy, Nack.

Nack: Of course, the Professor lives there as of my boss. (points to Sonic) But I'm not going with him or his sibs.

Dingo: Well...if you say so.

Nack sees a window opened, takes out his remote control, and presses a button. At the ship landing site, the ship activates and starts to automatically turn on its power.

Citizen 1: What's going on?

Citizen 2: How's that ship moving if there's no one in it?

Aristocrat: I don't know, but we better not find out.

Now all aristocrats in Robotropolis know that there are no automatics in this city, but Nack's was the first. The ship then flies directly to the window where Nack and his gang were waiting.

Nack: Come on, before the so-called 'Sonic Underground' find us.

Nic: (sees Sonia) Wait, Sonia's over there. I gotta talk to her.

Rouge: (takes Nic's hand) Nic, getting out alive is more important than having a chat. Come on.

Sleet takes Dingo's hand & jumps with Nack, Rouge, and Nic. The ship roof opens and in they go. The roof closes as Nack heads to the controls & puts the controls back to manual.

Nack: Okay, guys, since Sonic seems important, I think I know what to do; We're going to capture Sonic and his siblings our way and in our own hands.

Sleet: Nack, are you crazy?

Nack: (smirks) Nope, just doing what a bounty hunter would do; Take the reward himself. (thinking) If they ever find out the real reason I'm capturing Sonic, which of course means that I have to find them and get information about my parents, I will certainly hurt them.

Back in the Roboticiser Room, Uncle Chuck finished explaining about how they got their free will.

Sonic: So that's what happened. And you think Nack's parents are doing the same way as mother?

Sonia: Nicollete, I never thought she would have a brother.

Weston: Since we have our free will, we'll act as spies.

Manic: Are you guys sure you can't come with us?

Farrell: I'm sure. Now hurry before Robotnik wakes up.

Manic: Goodbye, Farrell, hope to see you guys again.

Sonic: Same with you, Uncle Chuck.

The robots wave goodbye to Sonic, Manic, and Sonia as Sonic with his sibling got out of the building quickly. Later on, they were inside the Sonic Underground Van as Cyrus was outside the van.

Cyrus: Now remember, if you do find the queen, give my regards that you be careful. It may not have vampires there, as you guys say, but there are other evil people out there.

Sonic: No problem-o, Cyrus. And don't worry, Nack and the others won't be able to bug us as long as we're together.

Sonia: So what are we waiting for? Let's go.

The van starts up & leaves as Cyrus waved goodbye to them.

Cyrus: (thinking)So Nack finally got those two comrades of his out. I guess he'll realize he's a royal birth sooner or later, I hope.

Back inside the ship, a few distant 30 miles from Windy, Nack looked at the quadrants leading to Windy. He then noticed something red on the radar leading to Mobitransylvania.

Nack: Hmmm...strange. There's seems to be some sort of life form living in that old castle. (to his gang) Okay guys, we're running low on fuel, so next stop, Mobitransylvania!

Dingo: (thinking)Let's hope we get out of that creepy place soon.

The ship goes directly toward the sunset, unknowingly, a few miles away, with the Sonic Underground behind their tail.

The End...for now.

Next Episode, the real crossover series begins!