Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Underground 2 ❯ Interlude With a Vamipre ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sonic Underground Season 2 Ep 3: Interlude With a Vampire
by Julie Riley

Note: Like I said before, this episode is where the real SU/Conker crossover begins, starting with a certain vampire squirrel, but I don't own him or any of the other characters, just to let you know.

Story:

Aleena: (narrating)In all my children's years, Manic never takes an elderly count seriously. That is of course what my children, like the hunters, will find out when they discover that sometimes even mythology can be real.

We see a worn-out sign that says "Mobitransylvania" on the ground. Inside a village, many French squirrels were running from a shadowy figure.

French Squirrel 1: Qu'es cou ze! It iz ze vampire!

French Squirrel 2: Lock all ze women and children inside zo zey will be safe!

Every male squirrel kept their wives & children inside as they locked the door. After that, they bring out their stakes & torches as one of them starts to confront the shadowy figure.

French Squirrel 1: Moiser, zis is our home. Please, leave us in peace.

Figure: (smiles evilly)No, zat von't be necessary.

The figure leaps up in the air & grabs the French squirrel. The figure then bites the squirrel on the neck as he screamed.

French Squirrel 1: (from a far distance) AHHHH!!

Later on, we see the Sonic Underground Van going to the now quiet village.

Sonia: (inside the van) Why aren't there any people outside?

Sonic: (inside the van) Don't know, but I have a bad feeling someone did this.

The van lands in the center of the village. The van then opens and out come Sonic, Sonia, and Manic.

Sonic: Man, and I thought Robuttnik's place was bad. (shouts) Hey! Is there anyone here?

Sonia: Sonic, please. We need to go find that person.

Manic: (points to the castle) That castle looked familiar to me, so I think we should go there.

Sonia: Good idea, maybe a good aristocrat can help us.

Sonic followed Sonia up to the castle on the hill. As Manic started to go, a female French squirrel held onto Manic's hand, with a warning look on her face.

Girl French Squirrel: Beware, Moiser, zere is a vampire living there. Be careful not to get bitten by ze neck, young hedgehog.

The girl ran quickly before Manic even had a chance to talk to her about anything.

Manic: (shakes his head) Agh, it's just a myth. Besides, only an idiot would believe in that stupid mythology.

At the backside of the castle, where Nack's ship was, Nack and his crew were searching the walls for some sort of secret entrance. As they were, Dingo saw a huge black bat up in the air, with blood on its fangs. It gave Dingo the chills.

Dingo: (gulps) C-c-can we p-p-please go now? T-t-this place is g-g-given me the c-c-creeps.

Sleet: (sighs) Dingo, there is nothing to be scared about. Besides, my guess is this; Only an old aristocrat lives there and probably hates intruders.

As he said that, Nack taps on the very bottom of the wall & hears a hollow sound.

Nack: Guys, I think I found a way in.

Nic: About time, it's about to be cold here any minute.

Rouge: (walking towards Nack) Let's just hope this guy doesn't try to threaten us.

As she walked to Nack, she felt something grab her foot.

Rouge: What the-? I can't move!

Nic: (sees her foot on the ground) No wonder. You got your foot stuck on the ground. (grabs her leg) Let me get you out of-

But before she could finish, as she was pulling, the ground underneath Sleet, Dingo, Nic, Rouge, and Nack collapsed.

Nack: (falling) It's a trap!

The five fell into the ground as they were knocked unconscious by the fall. The same black bat that Dingo saw comes down and smirks at what he caught.

Black Bat: Vell, vell, it looks like I have more prey zen expected. He-he-he.

Inside the mansion, a little later, Nack opened his eyes to see that they were no longer outside the mansion. They were all now in a strange room, all tied up.

Nack: Sleet, Nic, Bat Girl, Dingo, wake up!

Sleet & Dingo were the only ones opening their eyes when they heard his voice.

Sleet: Ow. My...head.

He then sees himself tied up.

Sleet: Nack, what just happened here?

Nack: Hey, I just woke up like this, Wolf Boy.

Dingo: (shouting) Hello? Anyone out there? Uh, my friends and I are kinda tied up! Can someone help us?

Voice: Only if you vould do as I say.

Nack: Huh?

The three looked at the front of the door. A squirrel wearing a red robe & a heart-shaped hair comes in as the door automatically closes behind himself.

Squirrel: Velcome to my house. You are my guests of honor.

Dingo: Really?

Squirrel: (smirks) No, not really. (to Nack) Who are you and vhat are you doing trespassing my home?

Nack: I heard from a certain someone that you are the greatest aristocrat in all of Mobius.

Sleet: Nack, Robotnik never-

Nack quickly kicks him with his free leg before Sleet could tell him something.

Nack: (glares at Sleet) Anyway, (to the squirrel) I didn't catch your name? Any chance of telling us that?

Squirrel: I zee you have heard of me, ze one and only Count Batula.

Dingo: (gulps) Uh...Batula? (to Sleet/quietly)I heard of him. I think he's the one who can control vampire bats.

Sleet: (quietly/glares)Dingo, I keep telling you there's no such thing as a vampire.

Batula (Squirrel): Zo, tell me, vhat are you doing here besides being a somevhat annoyance?

Nack: Well...you see...(thinking)Think, Nack, think! (to Batula) You see, there are these three hedgehogs that we need to find.

Batula: Hedgehogs?

Nack: We need them for our boss. So if you help us, do you think you could let us go?

Batula ponders about this and then sees Rouge. He then smiles to Nack.

Batula: I vill help you and let you go under one condition.

Sleet: And that would be?

Batula: Let me have (points to Rouge) ze girl you have brought vith you in exchange for your freedom.

Dingo: You crazy? Why would you want Rouge for anyway?

Nack: Rouge!? No way, no how are you laying a finger on her!

Sleet: (smirks) You look like you're jealous, Weasel Boy.

Nack: (angrily) I'm not jealous! I'm just concerned, that's all.

Batula: If you vould not let me have ze girl named Rouge, (goes to Dingo) zen I'm afraid I cannot help you.

Dingo then noticed the fangs on Batula as he gulped.

Dingo: Well...maybe there's a way to let her have Rouge. (looks a little scared) At least for one night, I hope!

Nack: Dingo!

Batula: I knew you vould see things my vay, Dingo.

Dingo: Thank you-(realizes) Hey, how did you know my name?

He didn't answer as he cut the ropes from the five hunters. He then holds the unconscious Rouge in his hands as Nic starts to awaken.

Nic: Uh...(opens her eyes) What happened?

She gasped at where she was.

Nic: Okay, someone tell me where the heck we are, cause this is the most horrible room I've ever been to!

Batula: (angrily) How dare you-!

Before he could go near Nic, he then hears the door ring.

Batula: (tries to calm himself) Prey, except my apologies for now. Zis room iz vhere I keep my secrets. It's terrible for you maybe. Zo many bad memories.

He quickly leaves the room with Rouge just as Nic noticed her with Batula.

Nic: Wait! That's our-

The door closed behind them before she could tell Batula.

Nic: (glares at Nack) Okay, my so-called brother, what did you just do to let him have Rouge!?

Nack: It wasn't me! (points to Dingo) It was Dingo that thought of letting him have her!

Dingo: His fangs scared me, Nic. I don't like him.

Nic: So he's an old bat that lives here.

Dingo: But they...grew from his mouth.

Sleet: Dingo, you're an idiot.

Nack: Come on, let's see if those hedgehogs are here!

Nack opens the door as Nic, Sleet, and a scared Dingo followed. They were at the top of the stairway as the door opened. When it opened, Sonic, Sonia, and Manic came inside when it started to rain. Batula was coming downstairs, but he didn't have Rouge in his arms anymore as he greeted them.

Batula: Ah, velcome to my house. Please, enter at your own free vill, and bring some of ze happiness zat is so evident in your face, and so lacking...in my own.

Manic: (to himself) He's not kidding there.

The hedgehogs crossed the threshold as the door behind them closed.

Manic: (looks at Batula's hair) Whoa! Nice hairdo, old timer.

Batula: (confused) Vhat?

Sonia: (elbows Manic) Nothing.

Manic: Ow!

Sonic: (looks at the room) Man, this room looks like it hasn't been touched in ages.

Sonia: He means your room is nice, Mister...

Batula: I am a count, Count Batula if you vill.

Manic: (thinking) Something about this Batula person...is familiar, but what?

Batula: Ve rarely have visitors in Mobitransylvania. Vhat not for being out here in ze middle of nowhere, on such a cold & gloomy night. Prey, follow me.

As the three were following him, Manic managed to sneak a few rich accessories from different parts of the room without anyone looking.

Batula: You look as though you are in need of some circumstance. I have many things to eat and drink. Prey follow.

Sonic: Hope you got some chili-dogs, cause I'm starving.

Manic looked at a painting and recognized it.

Manic: Now I remember where we are! We're in the place where Farrell & I found Rouge.

Sonia: What do you mean?

Manic: (to Batula) Yo, big guy, answer me this; Did two bats use to live here before you came?

Batula: Vhat do you mean?

Manic: I want to know if a little girl and her father lived here before you did.

Batula: Hmmm...I'll think about it, but for now, eat and rest.

They then enter a room where there's a huge hole in the floor.

Batula: As you can see, ze place is in some state of repair. Ve are having a few refurbishments due at the moment. I vas going to knock this through to make one big uh...but anyway, I think ve'll just stick to ze conservatory, for ze present.

He then sees the huge table in the middle of the room.

Batula: Ah, my dining room.

The three sat on the dining table as Batula brought in the food. For Sonia, it was a royal roast, for Manic, it was alphabet soup (which got him a little disappointed), and for Sonic, it was chili-dogs, just the way Sonic liked it. The three began to eat their food as Batula brought a bottle of wine & some glasses.

Batula: Vould you like some vine?

Sonic: Vine?

Sonia: He means 'wine', Sonic. (to Batula) No thank you, I'm fine with a glass of water.

Manic: You can give me some though.

Sonic: Manic, aren't you a little young for that stuff?

Manic: Farrell gives us wine all the time back when I lived with him. (turns to Batula) Hey, Batula, aren't you going to drink some too?

Batula: No, I never drink vine. He-he-he.

Sonia: (looks at a picture of a squirrel) So who is this man? He reminds me of Bartleby, except without the strange teeth.

Batula: Hmmm...my forefather.

Manic: Forefather?

Batula: He vas a crusader in a var long ago, when ve vere allies vith ze squirrels and ze panthers. Zat union, alas, vas not successful.

As he was talking about him, Dingo sneaks downstairs and overhears the conversation.

Manic: Yeah, and he had stupid teeth too. Someone should've invented a dentist back then, besides it's as stupid as your hairdo, you old coot.

Sonic & Sonia: (shocked) Manic!!

Batula: (angered) Enough!

He grits his teeth as he grabs a sword, grabs Manic by the neck, and starts to threaten him.

Batula: Who are you to criticize me or my ancestors, (shows his arm up-close to him) who's blood runs in zese veins?! You are not a true noble birth, and never vill be!

Manic: Whoa! Take it easy there. (laughs) I was only joking.

Sonia: (hears something) What's that noise?

At the main hall, Nack comes down slowly to see who was banging at the door as Sleet & Nic cautiously followed.

Nack: All right, whoever you guys are, you better leave or else!

Sonic heard Nack's voice all the way from the other room.

Sonic: Great, Nack's here!

Batula: So are ze villagers. Sounds like zere iz more of them zis time. (smirks) Zis could be your lucky night, Sonic Underground.

Manic: What the-? How did you know-

Batula: (interrupts) I vas going to kill you all, including zat veasel, and drink your blood, but now it looks as though I may be needing your help. (puts the sword down) Prey, come here.

Manic: Uh...let's go back a bit, the drinking blood bit, are you saying that you're a vamp-

Batula: (shows his fangs) I said...Come here!

Dingo watched in horror as he saw what was happening: Batula bit Manic at the neck as he screamed.

Manic: AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Dingo: (thinking) I was right. I was right the whole time. That Batula is a vampire! How could I have been so stupid to forget?

Batula then drops Manic to the ground as he looked at both Sonic & Sonia with his menacing eyes.

Sonic: Whoa oh, maybe Cyrus was right. Maybe he is a vampire.

Sonia: We gotta get out of here!

Sonic: Not without Manic.

He then uses his super-speed to race to Manic. But before he was an inch near him, Batula appeared in front of him and grabbed Sonic.

Sonic: Man, this is nuts!

Sonia: Sonic!

Dingo quickly goes to Sonia's side before she could help Sonic.

Dingo: Sonia, he's dangerous, we gotta get you out of here!

Sonia: No, not without my brothers!

Dingo: It's too late! He's becoming a vampire!

Sonia was shocked that Dingo was the only one who truly knows that vampires exist. But she had to get to Sonic before Batula bites him.

Sonia: (as she's being dragged away) No, Sonic!

Then the doors burst opened with the villagers. The three of them grabbed Nack, Nic, and Sleet before they could do anything about it or even fight back. Dingo, with Sonia, quickly follows the villagers as Sonic tries to free himself.

Sonic: No...I'll never be like you, you backstabbing monster!

Batula: You don't have a choice, Sonic ze Hedgehog!

As Batula bites Sonic on the neck, we hear him scream from inside the castle.

Sonic: (inside the castle) AAAAAHHHHH!!!

In a beautiful room, Rouge was asleep in a soft bed when she heard a voice calling to her.

Voice: Rouge? Rouge? Please wake up, my dear.

Rouge started to turn her head before waking up. She then sees Batula holding her as he looks like he is petting her head.

Batula: Are you all right?

Rouge: Uh...who are you? (puts her hand on her head) My head...I...can't remember anything.

Batula: Calm down, Rouge. I vill help you.

Rouge: (gets up) Why do you keep calling me Rouge?

Batula: Because it iz your name. I have given it to you vhen you vere a child.

Rouge: You...know who I really am?

Sonic: (coming in) That's a load of laughs!

Manic: (following) Besides, vhen I vas still vith Farrell, the only 2 people zat vere here in zis castle vere you and your dad.

Batula: (sighs) Manic, zer iz something I been needing to tell you and your brother.

Rouge: What would that be?

Batula: I happen to be Rouge's father. Vell, actually...vhen I found her she vas all alone and I took her in, and raised her az if she vere my real daughter.

Rouge: How come I didn't remember it?

Batula: Vhen Manic and his father came, I decided it vas time for you to go to ze outside vorld and cast a memory lapse spell zo you vould forget me. I vas sad to see you leave my arms, but if ze villagers vould've found you vith me, zen...

Rouge: (looks sad) I understand.

Sonic: Man, I don't believe it!

Manic: I still think it's bogus! How can you prove zat you're telling ze truth?

Batula: (putting his hand on his hair) It iz embarrassing, ze proof iz in my ear. I don't like showing around very often.

Manic: Aw, come on, old timer, your ears cannot be zat bad!

Batula: (angered) Vanna bet, Manic!

He pulls out the pins in the back of his hair, letting it all down. When it was completely down, Manic, Sonic, and Rouge were shocked. Inside the small village, Dingo had explained everything about the bounty hunters' deal with Batula, plus what happened to Manic & Sonic to some that weren't with the other villagers.

French Squirrel 1: Zis is bad. My friend, Claude, vas bitten by ze neck too, and he vould've killed us if ve haven't beheaded him after ze stake in ze heart.

Dingo: (to Nack) We could've gotten all three hedgehogs without Batula's help, but no, you kept telling me there's no such things as vampires!

Nack: (imitates Dingo in mocking voice) But no, you kept telling me to do this! (normal voice) You're pathetic, Dingo! Besides, no one else knew about it, okay!?

Nic: Well, looks like we're gonna have to go through and find a way to get Rouge out of there before she becomes a meal too.

Voice: Please, you have to believe in yourselves if you want to save your friend.

The voice didn't sound French when they heard it. Everyone turned around to see a purple-cloaked figure (Aleena no doubt).

Nack: Where did you come from?

Aleena: That doesn't matter now. (to Sleet) Sleet, there's something I need to tell you. (takes out 2 objects) Your father gave these medallions to me before he was taken away.

Sleet: (confused) My...father?

Aleena: (nods) Yes, Sleet. I think he wanted you and your friend to have this.

She opens her hands to reveal a drum-shaped medallion as well as a guitar/saxophone-shaped medallion. She puts the guitar medallion on Sleet as Dingo puts on the drum medallion.

Sleet: You mean...we're like the Sonic Underground?

Dingo: If that's true, Sleet, then we're in big trouble with Robotnik.

Aleena: (to Nack) Remember how you touched your medallion?

Nack, as of Nic, then remembered the first time they touched their medallions, which became their instruments.

Nack: Now that you mention it, I kinda do.

Nic: Let's do it, guys.

Nack flings his medallion in the air, which becomes a guitar again. Nic touches hers by the backhand, which then the medallion becomes the bass guitar again. Sleet & Dingo nod to each other as they both touched their medallions. Sleet's medallion becomes a guitar with a saxophone attached to it as Dingo's medallion becomes the drums (not like Manic's though). Sonia, deciding not to let them have all the fun, touches her medallion, which becomes her keyboard. Aleena steps in as she starts to sing a song as they played while the villagers danced & (most of the women anyway) helped with the singing.

--------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

Believe in Myself (SA1 Version)

When all alone in my chair, I just go about wishing

I wanna be strong, I really wanna be trusted

When all alone in my bed, I just go about yearning

I wanna be cool, I also wanna be like him

But that's not something I can do so easily

This is not simply my way, my style

Gotta get a hold of my life

*I wanna fly high

So I can reach the highest of all the heavens

Somebody will be waiting for me so,

I have got to fly higher

Gotta keep goin'

Everything is a brand new challenge for me

I will believe in myself

This is the only start for me

When all alone in my sleep, I just go about dreaming

I see myself there, having the same adventure

If I just follow you, I will never see the light

Now is the time to find my way through this life

I'm trying so hard to be strong

* Repeat

(Guitar solo)

Many friends help me out, in return I help them

Certain things I can do and there are things that only I can do

No one's alone!

* Repeat

----------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------

After the song was done, their instruments revert back to their medallions.

Villagers: Yay!

French Squirrel 2: She iz right, ve must believe in ourselves if ve ever vant to defeat Batula.

Villagers: Oui, oui!

Dingo: Now I know that vampire's going down.

Sleet: I hate to say this, but I somehow feel the same confidence as you do.

As the villagers were cheering, Aleena taps on both Nack & Nic's shoulders.

Aleena: I wish to speak to you two privately.

Nack: Why?

Nic: Nack, will you quit being stubborn for one minute and just do as she says?

As they were walking away from the villagers, Sleet, Dingo, and Sonia, the three were outside the village.

Nack: Look, I'm a bounty hunter, and I don't trust anyone!

Aleena: Nack, there is something you must know. The Oracle of Deluphis told-

Nack: Oh no, not that stupid ghost again!

Nic: Nack!

Aleena: Anyway, he told me that the vampire you encountered, Count Batula, is part of the prophecy of the Council of Twenty Four.

Nack: Council?

Aleena: Your parents are in that castle as well, Nack & Nicollete.

Nic: What the-? How did you know my real name?

Aleena, not seeing if she had any choice, pulls off her hood to reveal herself to the two weasels.

Nic: Huh? No way!

Nack: It can't be!

Back in the castle, Sonic, Rouge, and Manic were shocked to see not only bat ears on Batula, but also a mark on his left ear.

Sonic: Bat ears?

Manic: And a scar on one ear?

Batula: (covers his ears) Now do you see vhy I don't like showing my ears to anyone!

Rouge: (puts his hands down) They're not bad, really. It's just that I think you would need something to help that ear of yours, sir.

Batula: Please, call me Batula.

Rouge picks up a bucket & a washcloth and starts to go outside when she starts to trip.

Rouge: Ahhh!!

Batula catches Rouge in the nick of time. Rouge looked at him as Batula looked at her. It was a moment later that they both started to blush, then turn away.

Rouge: Uh...I better get some water now.

Manic: Oh, I get it. (smirks) Batula has a crush on Rougie!

Rouge: Rougie?

Batula: I do not! Take it back!

Sonic: (sighs) Manic, quit being annoying. You already got turned into a vampire cause of zis. Besides, none of zis vouldn't have happened if you vould apologize in ze first place.

Manic: So? I'm immortal, aren't I? (shrugs) I'll be feeding on people if you need me.

Manic turns into a bat, then flies right out the window. Back at the village, Nack & Nic were shocked about seeing Queen Aleena in person.

Nack: Queen Aleena? Are you for real?

Nic: What are you doing here?

Aleena: (looks sad) I don't have much time, but I'm here to help you and your bounty hunter friends, especially Sonia. Give this list of people to find to them, as well as the antidote.

She gives Nack a piece a paper & gives Nic a bottle with some kind of formula in it.

Aleena: The antidote will turn my sons back to the way they were. But only use it when they are together and have nowhere else to go.

Nack: Aleena, tell me, am I really a prince and was only adopted by farmers?

Aleena: Yes, Nack. You are, and your medallion is proof. (puts her hood on) I have to go now. Give my regards to my children.

She quickly leaves the place before Nack could ask her more.

Nack: (thinking) So I'm really a prince. I guess I could live with that.

Nic: Come on, let's get the others, and catch those two hedgehogs!

Nack: (smiles) Not to mention getting Bat Girl back before she becomes a vampire too.

Nack takes Nic's hand & they both went back to the village. The villagers were preparing their attack on Batula with Sonia, Sleet (even though he didn't want to), and Dingo's help.

Nack: Guys! Over here!

The female French squirrel saw Nack & Nic coming back in. She then gasped as she saw a green bat following them.

French Girl: Sucre Bleu, look out! Zer is a bat following you!

Nic: Wha-?

The two looked up as they saw a green bat swooping down to them. The bat grabs Nic by the neck as it transforms to a familiar figure.

Sonia: (recognizing him) Manic? What the hell are you doing?

Manic: I need to feed, zister. Besides, ze old bat vas being annoying to me.

Manic starts to open up his fangs & tries to bite Nic.

Manic: (turns to Sonia) After her, you're next.

Dingo: Oh no! Gotta do something. (calms a bit) All right, remember what you're learning. You have to believe in yourself to help your friends.

Dingo sees a piece of garlic and takes it. He then quickly goes over to Manic, just as he was about to bite Nic.

Dingo: This is for Sonia!

He places the garlic on Manic's nose.

Manic: Gah! Garlic!

Manic backs away as Nack (forgetting Aleena's advice) opens the bottle. Nack puts his foot out, and Manic trips on it. He then pours the contents on him, not all of it, just enough for Manic.

Nack: This damn bottle better work!

Manic feels pain and starts turning like he's being killed. Manic's fangs grew smaller & smaller until they were normal teeth. Manic then starts to awaken.

Manic: Ow, my head. (sees Sonia) Sonia, what happened? (sees Sleet & Dingo) And what are those two doing here with us?

Sonia: I hate to say this, but they, as of Nack & Nic, are here to help us. Besides, that vampire tried to kill me.

Manic: (confused) I thought you didn't believe in vampires.

Sonia: I know, but we were wrong when I saw you bitten by the neck by Batula.

Manic: Batula? (feels his neck) Oh yeah, now I remember. He threatened me after I made fun of his hairdo.

Sonia: Manic, I think an apology to Batula would've been better for you.

Manic: What!? Apologize?! Never! I'm not doing it!

Sleet: Will you listen to her, you stupid hedgehog?!

Sleet then slaps Manic at the face.

Nack: Well (sighs) I hate to say this, but it looks like we're working together.

French Squirrel 2: Ve vill help you take down ze other vampires.

Nack: Right, you guys do that. (glares back at the castle) I'm taking care of the leader of the bunch.

And as Nack dashed back up to the castle, the others grabbed their stakes & garlic and quickly followed as Manic just shrugs & decides to join them.

Sonia: (thinking) Don't worry, Sonic, we'll help you get back to normal.

As they all left, a roboticised vampire steps out and takes out his communicator.

Robot Vampire: Dr. Robotnik, everything is going according to plan. Once they find the Ultimate Roboticiser, it will be too late for them to stop it, as everything on this planet will be your slave.

Robotnik: (on communicator) Excellent, make sure that no one, especially that troublemaking weasel, doesn't find it too early.

Robot Vampire: Affirmative.

The robot turns off the communicator and starts to follow them, without any of them knowing what was going to happen. Little did the roboticised vampire knew that two figures were spying on him.

Figure 1: (small German accent) Darling, we have to save Nack & Nicollete.

Figure 2: I know, Deliah, but it's too dangerous to let ourselves be seen.

Deliah (Figure 1): I know, but they need our help, Andrix. Father would never forgive me if anything happened to him.

Andrix (Figure 2): Calm down. I'm sure that we'll find it. Especially since the Roboticiser won't activate for 20 minutes. That gives us plenty of time.

Deliah: I hope so, for our children's sake.

The two then quickly ran toward the direction the villagers with Nack's group went to not only cure Sonic, but also destroy the Ultimate Roboticiser.

Andrix: (thinking) Son, please don't be beaten by the head vampire. Stay alive for your mother and me.

Inside the castle, Rouge was cleaning up Batula's left ear as Sonic ponders about Manic.

Sonic: Vhy hasn't Manic returned yet?

Rouge: Maybe he didn't like Batula very much.

Sonic: It's going to be sunrise soon, and if he doesn't show up...

Rouge: Then what?

Batula: (looks down) He vill be turned to dust.

Rouge: Oh my. (puts the washcloth down) We gotta find him before he's dead.

They then heard a banging noise outside.

Batula: Oh shit. Ze villagers again.

Sonic: I'll handle them.

Sonic quickly turns into a bat & flies outside the bedroom. Batula looks out the window & sees Nack holding a bottle. He then realized what was in that bottle.

Batula: It's ze antidote. (calling out) Sonic! Come back, it iz a trap!

Rouge: Come on, let's get you to a safe place.

Rouge takes him by the hand and runs outside the room. Meanwhile, Sonic turned back into his vampire form.

Sonic: All right, villagers, time for your blood draining.

His fangs grew as the door opened. He leaps into the air & starts to try & bite one of the villagers on the neck.

Villager: Qu'es cou ze! Help me!

Sonic: It's too late for you, victim.

Just as Sonic got near the neck of the villager, the bottle was thrown to Sonic as the contents sprayed on the blue hedgehog.

Sonic: Gah!

Rouge: (running downstairs) Sonic!

Batula: Rouge, vait!

It was too late, she came down the stairway and was about to help Sonic, but she was backhanded to the wall, where she bumps her head.

Rouge: Ugh!

Nic goes over to Rouge's side as Manic helps her up.

Manic: You okay, Rougie?

Rouge: Uh...what happened?

She then started to remember something.

Rouge: Manic? (takes her hand away from him) What are you doing helping me? I don't need your help!

Manic: Well, at least you're back to your old self.

Sonic: (getting up) Ow, what happened? (gasps) I remember. Manic, he bit you and me...and we became-

Manic: I know, vampires. Least we're normal again, plus he didn't have a chance to turn Rouge to a vampire, although she does sorta look like one when she smiles.

Rouge: (angered) Hey!

Batula: (angrier) How dare you...try to take my love avay! (shouts) Servants, attack ze villagers, I'm going after ze veasel!

As the other vampire bats were heading to the villagers, Batula puts his hair back to its heart-shaped form, over his ears. Batula then spreads his arms out, and then turns into the black bat Dingo saw earlier.

Dingo: Nack, look out!

Nack: I see him!

Nack touches his medallion & it becomes a guitar again. Nack plucks a few strings as Batula was flying towards him.

Batula: You think you can defeat me?!

The lasers come out of Nack's guitar as he plucks the strings. Batula saw the lasers & dodged most of them, only to have one of the windows reflect the laser & blast it to his wing.

Batula: GAH!

He was then forced to fly down and return to his vampire form.

Batula: How dare you try to hurt me, Veasel Boy!

He dashed forward to Nack, but Nack was prepared as he spinned his guitar, which now looks like a shield. Batula then crashed to the shield.

Batula: Ugh!

He gets up and glares at Nack, as he picked up his sword he had earlier.

Batula: I vill kill you, and drink your blood, veasel!

Nack: (thinking) Crap, I don't have a sword! Where do I find one?

Nack stops spinning his guitar & notices something on the top of it. He pushes a button, and a sword pops out.

Nack: That solves one problem!

He takes the sword, puts his guitar down, and starts dashing forward to the vampire.

Nack: Okay, Vampire Bat, time for you to die!

The sword chops the pins as Batula realizes it. He quickly puts his hand over his pony tail, as he looks more angrily at him.

Batula: You stupid bounty hunter! You almost had my ears revealed!

Nack: Aw come on, Bats!

Batula: Ze name is Batula, and I'm a vampire squirrel!

Nack: Vampire Squirrel? (shakes it off) Anyway, your ears cannot be that bad!

Batula: (glares) Vanna bet?

He releases the pony tail as his hair falls down. As it was completely down, everyone stopped fighting and all (but Nack) were shocked at the bat-shaped ears Batula had.

Batula: Now do you see vhy I don't like showing my ears!?

Nack: Like I said, they're not that bad!

Nack starts to use the sword at him. He charges to him, but Batula blocks his move with his own sword. The two swords clash with each other. The two then started fighting by punching and kicking each other as the swords continued to collide. Nack throws his sword upward when Batula was about to jump on top of him. The sword missed the vampire's heart, but it did rip a piece of his robe.

Sleet: Nack, you missed him, you jerk!

Nack: (gets his sword) Shut up, Sleet, shut up!

Batula: Zat vas my best robe! I'll kill you for zis!

He charges after Nack as the weasel did the same. The two collided, as did their swords. But while they were all fighting the vampires, the two hooded figures called Andrix & Deliah quickly went to the basement of the castle following the Robotic Vampire. The door opened as the two went down. When they both reached the basement, they both found the Ultimate Roboticiser, one strong enough to roboticise the whole planet.

Andrix: This is it, let's hurry before it activates.

The two removed their hoods as they both turned out to be the weasels Nack & Nic had as parents. The vampire bot spots them.

Robot Vampire: Intruder alert!

Deliah: I'll take care of the robot, you take care of the roboticiser.

Andrix: But what about you?

Deliah: I'll make sure that he doesn't cause trouble. Just make sure that you use the scrambler on it.

Andrix: Right.

Andrix goes to the controls of the roboticiser & tries using the scrambler on it. Unfortunately, another roboticised vampire blocks him.

Andrix: What the-?

But as the robot got near him, a dart (a scrambler) was thrown to it, and it was shut down. Andrix turned around to see Queen Aleena.

Andrix: Aleena, what are you doing here? This place is dangerous.

Aleena: I know, we're on the run from Robotnik at the same time, but we must work together to bring his project down.

Deliah: (throws the scrambler at the robot) The more the merrier I always say.

Aleena: (shrugs) Now I understand where Nack got his personality from.

Andrix: Save the hellos for later, and let's shut this tin-can down!

Aleena: (thinking) Like father, like son.

The three then go to the main computer and tap in some words, hopefully to stop the Ultimate Roboticiser from activating. Back at the hallway, half of the vampires were defeated, thanks to Sonia's quick thinking. Unfortunately, Nack's battle with Batula continued as Nack had some cut marks on his arm & cheek. Batula looked worse as he had more cut marks on him and as his robe was completely torn away from him, only to be wearing his pants & sandals (kinda like the Japanese sandals).

Nack: Give up, Bat Squirrel, you know you can't win.

Batula: Zat's vhere you are wrong...I never lose to a pathetic mortal like you!

Batula then starts to dash to the bounty hunter again. As Nack started to do the same, he looked at the window & saw the morning sky, but the sun hadn't risen yet. Nack stepped aside & tripped the vampire.

Batula: Ugh! (gets up) Vhy did you stop? Fight me!

Nack: (smirks) Cause, Bat Squirrel, it's almost dawn.

Batula: (gasps) Dawn!? (to the vampires) Quickly, ve must get to safety before ze sunlight hits us!

The other vampires that heard him looked at the window & also noticed the morning sky. They too were in fear as they let go of the villagers, the SU, Sleet, Dingo, and Nic.

Nic: (mocking voice) What's the matter? Afraid of a little light?

Nack smirks as he heads upstairs as he sees Rouge helping the other wounded vampires to their own dark rooms. The door closes behind just as Batula tries to get in there. He then hears Rouge's voice (actually Nack using his imitations) in his dark room.

Nack: (as Rouge) Oh, Batula, I'm in here.

Batula: Rouge? Get me to my bed, hurry.

He goes in the room, and is about to head to his coffin, but he then spots Nack.

Batula: (angrily) You!?

Nack: (as Rouge) That's right, Bat Squirrel and (normal voice) you've been had!

Nack then hits Batula on the head with his guitar, which becomes his medallion after using it.

Batula: (dazed) You...vill..pay, veasel!

He then flops down on his coffin unconsciously as Nack closes the coffin.

Nack: (tips his hat) And that's the end of that chapter!

Back in the basement, the roboticiser shuts down & starts falling apart, one piece at a time.

Andrix: We did it!

Deliah: The world is safe once more, for now. I wish I could see my twin children once more.

Aleena: I'm sorry, but we can't right now. We will have to wait. If you two want, we could be a team & work together.

Andrix: We may not see our children, but that doesn't mean we can't work with you, your majesty.

Aleena: Then take my hand, and we will be at the Oracle.

The two weasels do just that & a green light surrounds them. The three disappeared from the now shut down room. Later on, at the village, the French squirrels and their mayor give out medals to the Sonic Underground.

Mayor: As Mayor of Mobitransylvania, I give you, Sonic, Manic, and Sonia these honorable medals.

Manic: Cool! Now I won't have to apologize to old geezer, Batula!

Sonia: You still have to once we find the others.

Sonic: Others? What others?

She pulls out the list & gives it to Sonic. The list of chosen members (only for now) read:

Conker Squirrel

Miles Prower

Sally Acorn

Berri Chipmunk

Sonic: What's this about?

Sonia: Nack gave this list to me, and told me it was from mother.

Manic: Mom? She was here?

Sonia: No, just a mysterious hooded girl that helped us.

Sonic: Speaking of mysterious, where's Weasel Boy and the gang?

Meanwhile, inside Nack's ship, Dingo was curious about something.

Dingo: Nack, how come we didn't stay for the party?

Nack: Because it would ruin our reputation. Besides, there's someone I like you guys to meet.

Sleet: And who would that be?

Nic: Yeah, who is this guy?

Nack: (looks up) If you guys remember, he's a great scientist and a good friend. He's called the Professor.

Rouge: Nack, he lives in the Panther King's Castle! How are we gonna get there?

Nack: The usual, Rouge, sneak in!

Sleet: Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

The ship heads to over the Mobitransylvania mountains. There they will find the Professor and others that they'll encounter. The SU Van later on, as the sun was setting goes to the same direction Nack's ship was going & as Aleena narrates, the sun sank as we go back to the castle.

Aleena: (narrating) Now that they know that Dingo was right on his mythology, they would best be careful in the future, for when they meet Batula again, it wouldn't be easy.

We go inside Batula's room as we see the coffin open. Batula comes out of his coffin and looks angry just as his eyes glow.

Batula: Nack ze Veasel, I vill see you again, and next time you vill pay! You vill certainly pay!

The End

Next Episodes 4A: SU Meets Conker & Tails & 4B: Ze Professor Returns