Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Spring Break ❯ Long Time, No See ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Ello everyone! Let's see, 5 reviews total from both Mediaminer and Fanfiction. Thanks guys! And don't worry tails_the_pimp, Shadow plays a major role in this fanfic! And yes, Tails does deserve a girlfriend. And I think most of you know EXACTLY who the mystery girl is! Those who've read my other stories that is! Oh, and I apologize if Tails' parents are OOC, I'm not sure how they act exactly and everything. ^^;; Oh, and so you know, Alisha is based off of one of my friends who shall remain unnamed. Enjoy everyone!
 
Disclaimer: I only own Alisha and the mystery character that shall shortly be revealed!
 
Chapter 1: Long Time, No See
 
~Tails' POV~
 
Wow, they've changed a lot! Especially, Alisha, she's all grown up! After I had gotten inside and met up with my family, my mother started holding me in her hug of death, quickly losing air. Also smothering me with kisses, calling me her sweet little boy. Well, I'm not so little now, am I?
 
“Mom…I can't breathe.” She instantly removed her grasp as I gasped for sweet oxygen. I heard my cousin giggling close by, along with an unknown voice; a voice of a stranger. I straightened my posture as I looked over, spotting a vixen standing next to Alisha. I couldn't help but stare in awe, trying very hard to keep my jaw in place. I could tell she was younger than me by about 1 or 2 years. Her fur was lighter than mine, a shade of golden-yellow. Her long hair reached her hips, a shade lighter than her fur. Her eyes were crystal blue, which is quite uncommon. Even her white fur was lighter than mine, guess it's because she's a female. And because of that, her fur was soft and silky while mine on the other hand was tough and rugged. Her ears were strangely small and cat-like, even though she was obviously a fox. What caught my interest though was her 3 tails. They looked like fox tails, but had the design of a husky's. Very strange and interesting indeed.
 
“Come on Milly! Get over here!” I growled and clenched my fists. I hated it when Alisha called me that! I walked over, promise of pain clearly seen in my eyes.
 
“What do you want Lee?” I knew she hated being called that, payback for calling me Milly. She leered at me, trying to intimidate me, which didn't work. The vixen standing next to her was trying not to laugh, not wanting Lee to get mad at her instead. I didn't recognize her, knowing she was the person stated in the letter, but who is she exactly? Argh, this is aggravating. All of this is making my head throb. I noticed she had approached me, waiting for something. This proved she did know me; this just makes things worse. Just great. I just had to forget whoever this girl was!
 
~Girl's POV~
 
I felt disappointment fill up inside of me. Miles didn't make any move of the sort towards me. Instead of hugs and tears of joy, there was confusion and nervousness. I was afraid this would happen, and I was right. Curse my wretched dreams for becoming a reality! I watched as he seemed to look up at the ceiling, deep in thought. Every few seconds he'd scratch his head and give a groan. Eventually Amadeus snapped him out of his daze.
 
“Come on son, we don't have all day! Take us to the hotel that we mentioned in the letter, and don't forget our luggage!”
 
“Now, now dear. You need to calm down. We have plenty of time to spare.”
 
“It's okay Mom. But first, we're goin' to have ta ride my plane back to my place, than you guys can take the train from there.” Amadeus mumbled a bit and sat down, recollecting his thoughts. Miles however, gathered up our luggage nearby. Well, he got what he could anyway. I decided to come over and took my own suitcase along with Alisha's, to help him out a bit. He still seemed a bit troubled, but just shrugged it off, motioning everyone to follow him. He led us to his plane, letting the guards know we were with him. Once outside, we lowered our ears to lessen that dreadful noise! We made our way to the plane, blue and decent sized. The problem was, there were only 4 seats. This…is a problem. He just finished loading and realized the seating as well.
 
“Shoot, took the wrong plane.”
 
“Oh nonsense! Christina can just sit on your lap, just like when you were kids! It was so adorable. You 2 always raced each other to your favorite spot whenever we went out. She always lost, but you let her sit on your lap every time.”
 
“Christina?” He looked over to me, surprise on his face. Maybe now his memory returned. “Uhm…I'm sorry. But…I don't recall anyone named Christina.” I fell deeper into despair, sadness overtaking me. He has forgotten all about me and the many happy times we had together. I should've stayed home with my family.
 
~Tails' POV~
 
All was quiet, except for my cousin's constant rambling. My hands were trembling, fear controlled me. For the vixen, now known as Christina, was on my lap, her head on my chest, fast asleep. I was very nervous and didn't want to wake her up. My mother told me that it was a long plane trip they took to get here and Christina didn't sleep a wink, until now.
 
“Answer me Milly!”
 
“Shush already, she's sleeping.”
 
“No! You have to answer my question!” I inwardly sighed, shaking my head.
 
“What question.” I heard her groan in annoyance.
 
“I asked how in the world could you forget Christina! You two were like the cutest couple back home!”
 
“C-Couple!?” I turned around, than realized I was still flying and Christina was still sleeping, so I quickly returned forward. Unfortunately, the sudden movement woke her up.
 
“Hmm? Are we there now?” She had such a drowsy look on her face. Her eyelids drooping, her pupils unfocused. I looked ahead and saw we were now approaching my workshop, so I set up to land. I helped everyone out of the plane and took them to the train nearby, which was about to leave.
 
“It'll take you to the train station in Station Square. Nearby the station will be the hotel.”
 
“We expect you to be at the station tomorrow then, outside waiting.” I nodded my head, turning my attention to something else. I've been wondering about Lee's outburst with that “couple” comment. Were we really that close? Nah, I would've remembered than.
 
Christina seemed to be distant, sadness surrounding her. If only I could remember, to make her feel better. I noticed she purposely avoided my eyes, making me feel a strange pang inside.
 
They boarded on and went off after a minute or two; the sun setting as I stood there, contemplating a solution for this new problem.
 
~Christina's POV~
 
The train ride was uneventful. Everyone was silent the entire time, even Alisha. We were now at the hotel in our rooms. Amadeus and Rosemary shared one room while Alisha and I shared another. All of our belongings were unpacked, our night gowns put on. Alisha's was long-sleeved and raspberry, made from the softest cotton. Mine had straps instead, light blue, made from silk. I also wore a long sleeved robe that matched and left it untied.
 
I went to the window, looking out into the ocean. The moon's reflection upon its calm waters, lighting up the night. No life was astir, all swept away into another world, which I will soon enter. I listened to Amadeus snore next door, giggling a little. It was different here in this place. I could see no stars, or hear any crickets' chirping. It made me a little homesick, even though I just left this morning. And for Miles…how my heart aches for him, yet it is afraid of him.
 
“He made me a promise; on the day he left, to never forget me. Yet, as I stand here, it was broken.”
 
“Hey Chrissy, there's somethin' I need to tell you.”
 
“Yes Miles?”
“I…met someone today. He's really great and doesn't treat me like a freak, like everyone else! He has this really cool plane, which I fixed up to go even faster! I talked to both him and my parents about it already.”
 
“About what?”
 
“Chrissy…I'm leaving…”
 
“W-What!? B-But what about me!? A-And-”
 
“Don't worry, I'll be fine, and you will be too.”
 
“No it won't! You're going to forget me, I know it.”
 
“No I won't Chrissy. How could I ever forget you?”
 
“Well, you have forgotten when we first met.”
 
“Yeah, there is that, but don't worry, I won't. I promise.”
 
“Really?”
 
“Cross my heart and hope to unh…not die!”
 
I closed my eyes, a single tear falling onto the floor. I wiped away the remaining droplets, not wanting to linger on this sadness.
 
“You okay dear?” I turned around, spotting Rosemary in her blue bathrobe. She always was very good at sneaking around without being heard.
 
“Yes, I'm fine Rosemary.” I tried to smile, but failed.
 
“Nonsense. It's my son, isn't it.” I fell to my knees, my ears drooping down; my eyes closed tightly, tears pouring down my face. I felt her arms wrap around me, stroking my back; her way of comforting. “There, there little one. He'll remember in due time.” I hope he'll remember soon, for my heart can't take all of this torment and torture.
 
Rosemary had slipped away, returning to her room. I plopped onto the bed to rest, not bothering to go under the covers. That night I dreamt that a hedgehog with burning eyes was holding me in his arms while I felt safe and warm. Who is this hedgehog?
 
A/N: There we go! XD Should've seen that one coming, huh! Hello! It's obvious! I'm like, in love with Tails! And the character who seems to be in every single story, except one, is Christina! And Christina happens to be part of my username, which is another hint! Well, I promise the next chapter will be much longer! Here's a hint, pay close attention to Christina's dreams, they give clues to what's going to happen. Well, please review! Buh-bye for now!