Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Spring Break ❯ My Angel ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Yup! Another chapter already! To those at mediaminer, I suggest reading sonicgirl's fanfics, they're great! She's a good friend of mine, so ya know! I don't know if she's updating at fanfiction, so who knows. Well, enjoy everyone! Tee hee hee, it's gonna get a little “intimate”, but not too much!
 
Disclaimer: I only own Christina, Alisha, and the two kids mentioned in this chapter. I don't own any of the Sonic characters, including Merlin.
 
Chapter 4: My Angel
 
~Tails' POV~
 
Grr. I've never felt so angry in my entire life! He took her away again. Who knows where they are now, but at least I know Shadow has her. Just you wait Shadow, I'm gonna make you pay for taking her away from me, insulting me, and stopping me from telling her how I feel. I told my family last night that she wanted to see my place and stayed the night, so they wouldn't worry. I called Sonic after that; he promised he'll help again. Besides, he knows how to handle Shadow. We were going to meet up at the station. I was there, thinking of what Shadow's possibly done to her. I know he wouldn't kill her, since he supposedly helped her.
 
“Sonic, you better hurry up.”
 
“Why? I'm already here!”
 
“Wha!?” Man I hated it when he did that! “How many times do I have to say to stop that!”
 
“Hehe. Sorry lil bro, couldn't resist. Well, let's get goin' now! Time to find your girlfriend!” He sped off, slowing down enough for me to keep up.
 
“She's not my girlfriend!” At least, not yet.
 
“Whatever you say!” Hey, this seems familiar. Yeah, this is just like old times. Sonic would tease me about Christina, which made me try harder to keep up with him. Hmm, I guess it's obvious to everyone in the city now. People who saw us passing by would start whispering, a few girls glaring. It was about time too. I don't know how much longer I could've taken the solitude. I don't know how Shadow does it…that's it! I bet he secretly can't take it anymore and took her away for a purpose for him. But what exactly. Not a friend, I know that for sure. He can't possibly like her…right? But what if…he does? Oh shit…this isn't good.
 
~Christina's POV~
 
Where am I? Why is it so cold? Where's Miles and Shadow? What's going on!? What happened to me!?
 
“I see you're starting to rise.” Shadow? Where did he take me now? Is it the same spot from last time? I tried to open my eyes, but all I saw was darkness.
 
“Huh? Why can't I see anything?”
 
“I'm covering your eyes, that's why. I wanted to show you something.” Show me what? Hmm? He's…he's holding me again! Was he the entire time?
 
“Where am I? Where's Miles? And show me what?”
 
“You'll know soon enough. And your friend is safe and sound, with his friends.” I was about to reply when he removed his hands, revealing the most beautiful view I have ever seen. It was the earth in all its glory, magnificent and blue. The moon nearby, parts of it cracked, but still glorious. The stars were twinkling from afar; it was like I was in a dream.
 
“Wow…it's so…beautiful…” I couldn't think of anything else to say, I was absolutely speechless. Staring out into the depths of space, wondering what's beyond the stars. Wait…SPACE!? “What the!? How did we get here! And how are we still alive!” He was chuckling, thinking my reaction was amusing.
 
“You don't know what happened several years ago, do you?” I shook my head, confused. “This is the space colony ARK. And I am Shadow the Hedgehog. I dwell here, able to transport myself with a Chaos Emerald between here and the earth.”
 
“Chaos…Emerald?” I think my parents mentioned that once.
 
“Heheh. I'll show you sometime.” I giggled a bit.
 
“Ya know, it's weird. My last name happens to be Ark. Well, the translation that is.”
 
“Hmph. I see. Come, you must be hungry.” My stomach growled, answering for me; how embarrassing. He smirked at me, walking away with me following. I wonder why he would take me to a place like this. We've only met yesterday. And the bigger question is, how am I going to get home?
 
~Tails' POV~
 
Argh! Just where is he!? He's not in the forest or the city! I was practically pulling my fur out again, Sonic stopping me.
 
“Whoa! Calm down lil bro! We'll find `em! Now chill!” How can I when Shadow has my girl!...great, now I'm claiming her as mine. I sighed, sitting on a tree trunk with my head hung low. I hope she's okay; I couldn't bear it if something happened to her.
 
“How can I. It's my fault he took her. I should've brought her back to the hotel.” I felt a firm grip on my shoulder; he was trying to comfort me.
 
“Don't worry, we'll find her.”
 
“But we looked everywhere that Shadow would be!”
 
“Wrong Tails. There is one place.” He turned his gaze, looking up into the sky. My eyes widened, knowing what he meant. ARK. That's where he took her. “Come on Tails! Next stop, your place, than, space colony ARK!”
 
“Okay!” Hope returned to my eyes, confidence rising, pushing me to go faster than usual. And I knew just what to do when I got her back. I'll tell her right there, tell her how much I love her. Hold her, kiss her, promise I'll never leave her side. I don't care if it's only been a few days. I've been regaining memory, which revealed the dormant feelings I've held for her when we were younger. I could still feel how it tore me up inside when I told her good-bye. She was why I loved on, so I can see her smiling face again, filled with joy and happiness. Sonic knew how much I cared about her, and promised after a year together that I would see her again. And he kept his promise, I did see her, but I forgot about her. She must've felt the way I do now. I'll apologize again, and again, and again until she smiles. And that black fox along with Shadow better stay away from her! She's always been my girl, has been from the very start, which is why I never looked at any other girl. Christina, my sweet angel in disguise, I'm coming.
 
~Christina's POV~
 
Oh my goodness, this place is huge! I wonder how he finds his place around here. The food he gave me was strange, yet tasty. He received it from a strange contraption that Miles would be able to make. My stomach was contempt, its growling ceased.
 
“Thanks for the food. It was very nice of you!” He turned away from me.
 
“Hmph. Nice? Wrong word to describe me.” Okay…whatever you say. Silence soon followed, uneasiness rising up inside of me. I went to the window nearby, staring at the wondrous blue planet. The clouds swirling around it peacefully, the lands lush and green in most parts. I shall treasure this sight, tis a rare beauty. “That fox, Tails, he is your brother?”
 
“Huh? Oh no! He's not my brother!”
 
“Then he is your cousin?” I laughed a little, shaking my head.
 
“You've got it the wrong way. He's my friend, old friend really, from when we were kids and before he left with Sonic. We were recently reunited a few days ago. Sadly…he forgot all about me, but his memory's starting to return though!” I noticed that he was standing next to me now, thinking about something.
 
“If you are friends, as you say, than why was he holding you and looking at you in possessive sort of way?”
 
“W-Wha!?” He was watching! No, spying on us! Wait…possessive? “What do you mean by that!” He chuckled a bit, making me a little angry.
 
“So, you haven't noticed. The way he looks at you with lust in his eyes. Where he holds and touches you, isn't it strange?” My face was quickly heating up, realizing what he was talking about. Is it possible that…Miles wanted to…stop! Don't think that! Anything but that! Think of something or someone else! Shadow! Yeah! When he saved you, how he held you, the way he stares at you…ack! No! Wrong person! Stop thinking altogether!...I said stop!...Dammit! “Hmm, looks like they finally figured it out.”
 
“Huh?” I looked back out the window, spotting something in the distance. It was…a blue slim contraption of some sort. Wait, is it him? Yes, that's what Shadow meant! It's Miles, along with someone else. Most likely Sonic. I hope he's okay.
 
~Tails' POV~
 
There it is. Space colony ARK, dead ahead. Sonic decided to bring Knuckles too, who happily went along. It was, well, Rouge's “time of the month.” I'll never understand girls, they're too…complicated. Well, except for Christina, I know her better than anyone.
 
“All right! We're on board! Now let's get movin'!” Sonic ran off; Knuckles and I following. Shadow knew we were here, so why didn't he activate the defense system? Hmm, he's up to something, but what. Everything was eerily calm while we ran, except for our footsteps.
 
“Hey Tails.” Guess Knuckles is creeped out too.
 
“What?”
 
“Christina, you tell her?” I shook my head, glaring at the floor.
 
“Shadow took her away when I was about to.”
 
“Hmm, sounds like he's taken an interest in her.”
 
“I know.” I clenched my fists, my teeth grinding roughly. “And he better not lay one hand on her.” There was a sudden surge bursting through me, a collection of memories running at the same time, which contained every single detail. It was of my childhood, I remember just about everything now. Christina, she was my first friend, and also my best friend. Whenever bullies picked on me, she scratched them up and bit them, also kicking them where it hurt most. She made them sorry that they messed with me and drove them away. She bandaged me up after that, being gentle and cautious. We learned how to swim together too, well, more like dog paddle. And even though I was into mechanics and she was into animals, we got along just fine. I even gave her something, a necklace. It had a sapphire, shaped like a heart. On the back I had secretly engraved “I Love You” into the jewel. It was true, I fell for her years ago, it makes sense now. The way she comforted me, wrapped me up when I was hurt, kiss my small wounds, how she sang to me when I was sick; I couldn't help it. That's why I did the things I did when she was with me. Let her rest on my shoulder, sit on my lap, help her up when she fell, I even gave her her favorite flowers, daisies. They were simple, yet unique to her. She didn't need any roses or daffodils, just a simple yellow daisy. I smiled to myself, hiding it from Knuckles. When we return home, I'll get her those daisies she loves so much. I won't tell her here, I'll tell her when I give her those daisies. That will be the perfect moment to tell her.
 
~Christina's POV~
 
Shadow had brought me to a small room. It was cozy, with a comfy bed along with a few toys. He told me it used to belong to someone he knew, I wonder who it was. I was in the bed, all snuggled up in the warm blanket, staring out the window. These windows seemed to be everywhere, but I didn't mind; I loved the view of the planet and moon among the stars. Shadow was gone, saying he was going to meet up with the visitors. I'm a little worried that they'll start fighting. The way Miles acted yesterday; it sent chills throughout my body. It scared me, yet, attracted me in a way I've never felt before. My body was making me feel strange, yearning for something. No, someone. How I hated it, yet, loved it. What did my mother say this was? I can't remember, but I want it to stop. It's torturing me with these daydreams, these images…
 
“Ugh, I need to stop! This isn't right, not one bit. Besides, if it continues, it'll bring back…argh! Why did I have to say that!” Nobody knows it, except for my family. The truth is, I'm a mother to two children. Moonlight and Starlight. Starlight, a four year old, came from that wretched bat who raped me. But I kept her, nourished her, and loved her. If anyone found out about her, they would think I'm a slut, but I'm not. But Miles doesn't know. “How am I goin' to tell him?” I felt sick, depression and misery returning to me again. He'll be heartbroken when I tell him. I'm sure he'll understand Moonlight though. I adopted her when her mother Moonstar died. She's a year older than Starlight, a five year old.
 
I sat up straight, having heard a collision nearby. Did someone get hurt? Oh no! I jumped out of the bed, running out of the room to the source. It was in that room Shadow first showed me the earth.
 
“Let me go! Let me go!” Miles, he was on the floor, Sonic and Knuckles holding him tightly. Is he bleeding?
 
“What's going on here?” They all turned their gaze to me.
 
~Tails' POV~
 
There she was, as beautiful as ever. I struggled out of Sonic's and Knuckles' grip, running to Christina and instantly held her in my arms.
 
“Thank goodness you're safe.” I inhaled her scent, there wasn't a single hint of Shadow's anywhere. I felt her pull back and looked up at me, her eyes filled with worry.
 
“Miles, you're bleeding.” I'm bleeding? I took my hand to my mouth, drops of blood on my fingertips.
 
“Guess that punch did more damage than I thought.”
 
“Punch!? Who punched you!” I looked over her head, glaring at the black hedgehog that caused it. She followed my gaze and heard a gasp escape her.
 
“I did give him a warning, but the weakling didn't listen.” A growl rumbled deep in my chest, holding Christina closer to my body. She gave me a questioning look, blushing at the same time. She was so cute like that. I smiled down at her, than continued leering at Shadow.
 
“She's not yours Shadow, so back off!” He chuckled, his eyes closed.
 
“Claiming her as yours, are we?”
 
“Huh? What are you talkin' about?” Heh. Still the same naïve girl I remember, that's good. I took her hand in mine, leading her out with Sonic and Knuckles who had remained silent.
 
“Come on, let's go.” I quickly sent a glare towards Shadow, promising to end this later.
 
We made our way to the ship, taking off right away. I had Christina sit on my lap the entire time; to make sure she was there. I saw how her eyes drooped, gazing at the blue planet, slowly falling asleep. I put my arm around her, to secure her in place. Rest your eyes my little angel. I want you well rested. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned my head, seeing Sonic smirking at me.
 
“See, safe and sound.” He walked away, deciding to give Knuckles some company I guess. I returned my attention to the angel on my lap and gave her a peck on the forehead. She snuggled into my chest, hearing a small sigh grace my ears. My angel and mine alone.
 
~Christina's POV~
 
I had woken up to find myself in a bed. But it wasn't the bed I slept in at the hotel. The room was different as well. It was simple and cozy, also a little neat. On the dresser to my left was a picture frame. It was taken a few years ago, from the date I saw. It was a picture of Miles and his friends, along with people I've never seen before. The picture contained Miles, Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge, even Shadow! The rabbit, chao, bee, chameleon, crocodile, cat, and frog I didn't recognize at all. They probably moved away I guess or lost touch. I looked around a bit more and saw another picture on the wall. It was him with his family, including his Uncle Merlin. I do wonder what happened to him. Well, that picture settles it. I'm at Miles' house, and this must be his room.
 
I heard the door open and saw Miles walk in, carrying a tray of food and water, including a vase that had yellow daisies inside. Daisies? Wait a second.
 
“Daisies! I love daisies!” A smile appeared on his face and walked over to me, sitting down in a chair to my right.
 
“Finally awake huh? And just in time for dinner too. Glad you love the flowers.” He placed the tray in front of me, staring at me. I felt a little nervous, taking small bites and quick glances. There was something about the way he was staring at me. It seemed…familiar. Wait a minute, that's how he used to look at me when we were kids! “Something wrong Chrissy?”
 
“N-No! Nothing's wro…did you just call me Chrissy?” He nodded his head, acting like it was no big deal. I tried to avoid his eyes after that, always averting my attention to something in the room. He tried to start a conversation, but I was still a bit unnerved.
 
“Chrissy, are you even listening to me?” I…have to tell him now.
 
“Yeah, I am. But…there's something I need to tell you.” I took a deep breathe, preparing for the pain coming up. “Miles…I'm…”
 
“You're.”
 
“A…mother.”
 
~Tails' POV~
 
Timed seemed to stop. I couldn't move or even breathe. She's a…mother.
 
“You're saying that…you're married?”
 
“No! No! I'm not married but…I was engaged.” I stifled a sob, clenching my teeth tightly and looked down at the floor. “But…now, I'm no longer engaged. Right now, I'm what say, a widow or somethin'.” I didn't bother to reply, but I kept listening anyway. “I have two kids. The oldest is Moonlight, a five year old. I officially adopted her when her mother died. Starlight, my first born, came from rape. But I still love her very much. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner.”
 
“Did my family know?”
 
“No…only my family. My parents made sure of it, saying it was a disgrace and would ruin our family's reputation. But I don't care anymore! You deserve to know the truth…” I stood up, about to leave when I felt her grab my hand. I turned around, looking into her eyes. Tears threatened to spill from them, my heart being squeezed tightly inside. “Please don't leave me. Not like you did when we were kids. When I…I…” Her fingers slipped from my hand, covering her eyes instead. I couldn't bear to see her cry, not over something I caused. I sat down in front of her, replacing her hands with mine.
 
“Shh. It's okay now Chrissy, it's okay.” I wiped her tears away, gazing deeply into her crystal eyes, filled with so much emotion. “There's…something I also wanna tell you.” She tensed up, fear quickly appearing in her eyes. I wanted her to be relaxed, not afraid. I put my arms around her, softly stroking her back. My mother did the same to me whenever I was crying or afraid. After a few minutes, I felt her body loosen up and rest against me.
 
“Miles…do you…hate me?”
 
“No.” I pushed her away gently, my hands on her shoulders, looking lovingly down at her. Now was the time to tell her. I don't care if she's mother. If she'll let me, I'll become their father. “Chrissy, the truth is, I love you.” She opened her mouth with a gasp, and I took this chance and claimed her lips as mine. I'll show you how I feel.
 
~Christina's POV~
 
He…he loves me? He really does? I find it so hard to believe. But this kiss, oh how he tastes. I've waited so long for a moment like this and dreamed of them as well. But I never thought it would really happen to me.
 
“He parted away from me, panting heavily from lack of air. I was in the same state, feeling a little overwhelmed. I could tell that he wanted more, now knowing what the look in his eyes was. I gave a quick kiss, still needing air and rested my head his shoulder, looking up at him.
 
“I…love you…too Miles.” I always have and always will. He suddenly got up and went to the door, winking at me. He left and was gone for a few minutes. I touched my lips, thinking about his kiss. Am I his first? Or did he kiss another? They were tingling, wanting to feel his touch again. I felt my face heat up. I always seemed to become quite a horny vixen after an intimate kiss or something. It's always been that ever since…well…him…
 
Miles had just came back in, a smirk evident on his face.
 
“Had to make sure no one…interrupted us.” I knew what meant. He locked the doors and probably bolted up the windows, so no one can come in and bother us. He got back on the bed, pulling me to his chest, breathing in my scent. He nibbled and nipped my right ear, causing me to giggle a few times. Soon I felt one of his hands creep under my blouse. My face heated up again from what he was doing. He crouched over slightly and started licking my neck, small moans escaping me. He removed his hand from my blouse and traveled downwards, slipping it into my jeans. He took me by surprise at what he did next, a big gasp coming out, my legs clenched tightly. I heard him chuckle at my reaction, than felt his canines on my neck. There wasn't much pain, only a little sting. He licked the spot where he bit me, a little mark hidden by my fur. Everything was starting to get fuzzy, why I don't know. “Heh. Now you're my future wife. And tonight, I'll make sure I bring you to heaven.”
 
A/N: Tee hee hee, thought you were gonna get a big lemon there, didn't ya? Well too bad! I don't do the full burst kinda stuff! However, if someone's willing to write them for me, just send an e-mail! I read too many InuYasha fanfics. XD Yeah, that's where I got the marking stuff. Just about every romance InuYasha fanfic has the marking technique; it's now forever stuck in my head. Hope ya enjoyed it! Please review! Buh-bye for now!