Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sword of Chaos V2 ❯ Attack On Angel Island ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Bojack sat in the command chair of his new flagship the Egg Battleship. Twice as big as The Egg Carriers, it housed enough firepower to decimate Angel Island. At least after he had upgraded all of its weapons and Swatbots. Snively stood next to him completely unaware that he had taken the form of Robotnik. Bojack hated being so fat, but he needed to have as many loyal followers as he could. His fleet was made up of his flagship and four smaller assault ships that matched The Egg Carrier’s design. “Time?”

Snively checked his handheld computer, “Six hours, Sir!”

Bojack nodded, “Good! In six hours I will have The Master Emerald!”

“But sir, what about the defense forces? They have considerable firepower.”

“I will handle that when we reach the island.” Bojack stood up, “Call me when we are thirty minutes from the target.” He left the bridge, “Soon my power will be absolute and I will conquer this puny planet.” He walked to his private room and returned to his normal form as the doors closed behind him. Bojack smiled and walked over to Sally who was hanging from the wall in chains, “Soon my dear. Very Soon!”

___________________________________________________________ ___________________

Sonic sat nervously in The Freedom Fighter Special assault plane. They had reserved word of Bojack’s fleet taking off. Angel Island had been warned and they were escorting three troop transports to the island. St. John and Mighty were cleared to fight, but the others still needed down time. The skunk had brought Leda with them in hopes of using her to control Sperk. Sonic didn’t like the idea, but with most of The Freedom Fighters and Chaotic teams out of commission, they need all the power they could get. Of course finding Sperk was a lot harder than talking to him. Sonic rubbed his ribs, “I hope this fusion thing works. I can’t fight like this.”

Tikal appeared in front of him, “It is our only hope. Chaos is waiting near the outer edge of the island. These ships are faster than Bojack’s, so we should get there with a few minutes to spare.”

Sonic nodded, “I guess!” Tikal suddenly rubbed her head as if she had a headache. She sat down on the floor. Sonic jumped up and rushed over the echidna, “You all right?”

Tikal shook her head, “Sperk is on the island! He is heading for the emerald chamber.”

“What can we do?”

“Nothing! Chaos is the only one who can do anything.”

_______________________________________________________ _______________________

Sperk found the guards around the emerald mildly annoying. About ten of them, he took ten seconds to kill them. He stood in aw in front of The Master Emerald. Slowly rotating in its shrine is glowed with a green power. Sperk chuckled as he walked up the stone stairs, “The greatest power on the planet. This should do some damage.” Sperk drew The Sword of Chaos and jumped on top of the emerald. The spinning slowed down and the emerald's glow grew. “Know what I plan don’t you.” He held the sword high with the blade pointed at the emerald, “When I thrust the sword into the emerald, it will exploded and destroy half of this pathetic planet.” Sperk laughed, “Then I can get to wiping out the rest of the vermin.” As he thrusted down, a stream of water blasted him off the emerald and into the far wall. Chaos transformed into his body form and kicked Sperk deeper into the wall. The Sword of Chaos landed with a loud clang on the stone floor. Chaos stood in front of the imbedded Sperk. Sperk tried to pull himself out of the wall, but Chaos smashed him back with a wall of water. Sperk chuckled, “You think you have me water god!” Sperk’s eyes glowed, “Your pathetic!” Crimson energy lashed out and the wall exploded. Sperk landed on the ground as the rubble fell around him, “Lets see what you got!” Chaos silently exploded into a wave of water and fell upon Sperk. Chaos transformed into a whirlpool and smashed Sperk to the floor and under the water. As Sperk’s lungs emptied, his aura intensified and crimson lightning arched from his body and the water turned crimson. The water vanished and Chaos landed on the floor. Sperk coughed up the water he had swallowed, “Not bad!” Sperk drew The Sword of Acorns, “But unlike you, I don’t have a weakness.” He tossed the sword and impaled Chaos. Crimson energy kept the god from moving. Sperk picked up his other sword, “Too bad for you I can generate electricity easily. Now you can watch as I destroy this place.” Sperk started to go for the emerald, but Tikal appeared in his way, “Move or be moved!”

“No! You can’t do this! You’re not an evil person. I can sense the dark energy Robotnik infused you with. Don’t let it grow anymore.”

Sperk threw up his palm and blasted Tikal against the steps, “For a spirit you seam to have a real enough body!” He froze at the sight of Tikal limp against the stairs, “What is this feeling?” He felt his sword and body tremble, “What is wrong?” He fell to his knees, “My power, I can’t control...” He yelled out!

___________________________________________________________________ ___________

Sonic jumped from the ship and onto the ground, “Where are they?”

“Who!” Mighty joined him.

“Tikal and Chaos! I need to fuse with the water god in order to fight Bojack.”

“Maybe Sperk held them up.”

“I hope not!” Sonic looked up and several fighter bots shot over head and toward the city, “He is here!”

___________________________________________________________ ___________________

The battle came quickly and harshly. The Swatbots swarmed onto the island and quickly engaged the defense troops as the ships launched attacks from a distance. Echidnatropolis had a sizable air force, but they were no match for Bojack’s fleet. Sonic waited on top of a large building, he knew he was being searched for. Bojack appeared in front of him in a burst of green light, “Sonic! So glad you could come. So have you considered my offer? Surrender yourself to me and I let Sally go.”

Sonic shot forward and curled up into a ball. He slammed Bojack off the building. He watched Bojack transform into Knuckles and slam his sharp spurs into the side of the building, “I’ll never surrender to you!” Sonic jumped off the building and ran down the side at Bojack. Before he could react, Sonic curled into a ball and smashed into Bojack. Both hit the ground hard. Sonic rolled across the ground. His sides hurt so much he couldn’t move.

Bojack simply stood up and brushed himself off, “Please spare me! I let you hit me and that is the best you’ve got.”

Sonic gulped, ‘That was the best I had.

Bojack pointed at Sonic, “I had hoped you were a tad more powerful, but I will manage somehow.” As energy formed at Bojack’s finger, a wave of water blasted out of a hydrant and blasted Bojack down.

A sword fell from the wave and landed next to Sonic. The blue hedgehog watched as the water god, Chaos reformed next to him. His green orb-like eyes shined as he helped Sonic up. “Thanks!” Chaos nodded. Sonic chuckled, “One of these days we need to teach you to talk.”

“You won’t be around for another day.” Bojack stood up and his eyes glowed red, “I will kill you both.” He threw his hand out, “Tormenting Lightning!” Black lighting shot from his hand and blasted the pair back.

Sonic stood with Chaos, “Guess it is now or never!” Chaos nodded. Sonic remembered what Tikal had mentioned about this and managed to stand a few feet from Chaos.

Bojack glared at the pair, puzzled, “What is this about?”

“Fusion!” Sonic cried out as both he and Chaos threw a punch and their fists connected. Silver light exploded from them and only Sonic stood where they had stood. Sonic stood alone, his eyes were aqua in color. He picked up The Sword of Acorns, “Round two bonehead!”

Bojack shrugged and summoned his bone armor, “You might be worth absorbing after all.”

____________________________________________________________ __________________

Mighty punched another Swatbot in the chest and watched it smash into a couple others as it fell. The armadillo took a few breathes, “Damn! These new models are a lot stronger than the old ones.” He watched as a group of ten Swatbots walks up. The sunlight gleaming off their green armor and their red sensor eye glowing. They had their arm lasers ready. Mighty sighed, “Doesn’t anyone believe in a break?”

St. John ran up with Leda, “We are pinned down! Those damn airships have wiped out almost all of our heavy guns.” He tugged on Leda’s arm, “Where is that psycho? He usually shows up when you’re in danger.”

She pulled herself away from the skunk, “He isn’t going to come. He has already said his goodbye to me.”

“WHAT!” St. John glanced at the incoming bots, “Oh great! Fall back!”

“To where?” Mighty tightened his fist, “I’m going head on! I may die, but I will take a good number of those guys with me.” Mighty charged the group of bots, but the grounder under them exploded in crimson light. Mighty jumped back as Sperk jumped out of the hole he had created and landed with his back toward them.

Leda stepped toward him, “Sperk!”

“Your nothing but trouble you know. Every time I leave you, you get yourself in trouble.”

“I need to get your attention somehow.”

Sperk chuckled, “Don’t worry! I think I have developed a hero complex or something!” He drew his sword, “I’m sorry about all the time I left you alone. And I am sorry I must leave you again, but I have to atone for my sins! Good bye love!” Sperk shot into the air and flew toward the flagship.

The main guns of all the ships launched their missiles and laser batteries at the flying Sperk. His crimson aura doubled in size and formed a sphere around him. He smiled as the attacks exploded against his shield, “Pathetic scum!” He smashed into the hull of The Egg Battleship. He busted into the ship and zoomed through the corridors. What bots tried to stop him he quickly destroyed. As he passed through a corridor, Tikal in spirit ball form flew in front of him and went through a wall. Sperk stopped, “Huh!”

On the island, every mammal looked up to see the flagship exploded in a huge crimson fireball that took out the other ships. Sperk shot out of the fireball and landed on the island. The grass was quickly singed away as he landed. His aura had almost completely died off. He held a sleeping Sally in his arms. Mighty and the others quickly ran up, “You did it!”

“Take her!” Mighty and St. John quickly took the princess form the hedgehog.

Leda was horrified at the sight of Sperk. Covered in burns and bleeding from his mouth and eyes, “Speed!” She fell down and wrapped her arms around him.

Sperk smiled, “I’m glad I could die here! I wanted your face to be the last thing I saw.”

Leda shook her head as Sperk closed his eyes and went limp, “No! You’re promised not to let me be alone.” She cried into his shoulder, “You promised!”

Mighty moved to help Leda, but St. John grabbed his arm, “Let her cry mate! There will be plenty of time to help each if we live through this.” Mighty nodded.

________________________________________________________________ ______________

Bojack cursed as he saw his ships explode, “That damn bounty hunter. He has destroyed my fleet. The only consolation is in the knowledge Sally went up with it too.”

Sonic shot forward and punched Bojack in the jaw, “I’m going to rip you apart.”