Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The commitment to Commitment ❯ Finola the Cat ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey! It's me again! It is still the same night, except that this chapter focuses completely on Shadow and an OC. By the way, I finally put some action into one of my chapters. I don't have much to say except read and enjoy.
E/N: I, Luv Shadow 14, have edited this chapter. For all you out there who have already read it, I changed it a bit. Before, it was, to say the least, inaccurate. But I have tried to fix that problem without seriously destroying the chapter.
Chapter 4: Finola the Cat
It was around midnight now. Shadow was just leaning against a bench in Station Square, thinking.
I can't believe this. Everyone but me has some one. That gullible echidna has the flirty bat, faker has pinkie, and even foxboy has miss goodie two-shoes. But me, I'm all alone. Wait a minute, what am I thinking?! I amthe Ultimate Life Form. I don't need anyone.
Shadow decided to take a lap around Station Square. As he ran by Amy's apartment, he stopped and remembered the two hedgehogs locking lips. After a minute, he shook the thought out of his head and continued running. His head was clear for a while… At least until he passed Rouge's place, that is. He still recalled Knuckles proposing to Rouge as if he had just seen it only seconds ago. He merely grunted, and started running again. Once he arrived at Mystic Ruins, it made him think of those two young lovebirds.
When he arrived back at the bench, he punched it, breaking it to pieces.
“Dammit! What is wrong with me?!” Shadow yelled, looking at his hands.
“So much for Shadow the Hedgehog, the Ultimate Life Form. I expected as much” a mysterious voice said.
“Who's there?!” Shadow demanded, whirling around. “Show yourself!”
It was then that a figure jumped out of a nearby tree.
“I am,” the figure said,” Finola the Cat, or also called Fin.”
This person is a woman. I can tell from her voice. “Typical” Shadow said,” It's just another crazy girl trying to get my autograph. Come back later. I'm not in the mood.”
“I'm afraid I have come for something far more valuable than that” Fin said, now holding two Magnums cocked and pointed at Shadow, “I have come here, hedgehog, for your life.”
“Well,” Shadow sneered, “That's not going to be so easy.”
“Oh,” Fin protested, “is that so? Chaos Control!”
“What?! How did you-”
Shadow was cut off as an arm was wrapped around his neck, and a gun put up to his head.
Fin said,” Goodbye, Shadow the Hedgehog.”
“I don't plan to die just yet” Shadow stated.
At that moment, Shadow elbowed her in the stomach, and punched her straight into a nearby building.
“Well,” Fin smirked, wiping her bleeding nose, “this should be more fun than I expected.”
Shadow yelled, “Chaos Control!”
Now Shadow was right in front of Fin. Shadow now pulled out his gun, cocking and pointing it at the cat.
“Okay,” Shadow said, “we can do this the easy way, or the hard way.”
Fin smirked and responded, “Well then, I guess it will have to be the hard way.”
Shadow fired, but Fin dodged the bullets, and started firing at Shadow. Both were shooting at each other, but neither hit the other. They continued to do this until their guns ran out of ammo.
“Well then, I guess we'll have to do this hand to hand.” Shadow said.
“Fine by me” she replied.
The two dashed at each other, both landing at blow on their foe. They both were sent flying backwards a few feet before getting back up. Shadow dashed at Fin, now having her pinned down.
“Okay, how can you do Chaos Control, and how did you obtain a Chaos Emerald?” Shadow asked, half yelling. “But more importantly, why the hell are you trying to kill me?!” He was shaking her now, holding her by the shoulders.
The sun was coming up and light was coming their way.
Shadow could now see his opponent clearly. She had white fur and golden eyes. She had black markings on her arms, legs, and tail. She was wearing jeans and a T shirt. She was also wearing a cap backwards and some black shoes and gloves.
She's perfect. Wait, what am I saying? I can't be falling for her. I have to remember my mission: do not let this cat take you down. I am the Ultimate Life Form. I have the power to take her down, girl or not. C'mon, just one kiss… NO! Do notthink that way! I have no desire for this cat whatsoever. Although… she does have nice eyes…
Fin saw the look of greed and confusion in his eyes, and chose this opportunity to shimmy her way out of his grip to grab her Chaos Emerald. “Chaos Control!” she yelled, and disappeared up on top of a roof nearby. “You haven't seen the last of me, hedgehog! Mark my words, I will be back! And it won't be for a kiss either! Chaos Control!” and she disappeared.
“Damn…” Shadow cursed himself. “I let her get away… Next time…” he looked up towards the sky. “Next time Fin, mark my words, I will get that kiss…! And you'll like it…!” he shook his fist at the rising sun. “Mark my words…” and he stalked off, unaware of a pair of golden eyes watching him the whole time…
A/N: Well, what did you think? For the love of freakin God, GIVE ME A DAMN REVIEW! It's pathetic, I've only gotten 9 reviews (The other three are responses to peoples' questions), and I know you can do better. I'll update as soon as possible.