Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Realisation ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer Note: I do not own Sonic or any of the other characters in this Fic apart from Vex. So please, don't sue me ok! Oh and again, itallics are thoughts!

Chapter 3


Amy was awoken by a very loud knocking at the door. She looked over at the clock. God, it's like 7 in the morning. Who could that be? She got out of bed and put on her silk dressing gown.

BANG, BANG!

"I'm coming, i'm coming. God!" She hurridly made her way to the door.

As she opened the door she was surprised to see an ebony coloured hedgehog, at first she thought it was Shadow but at closer inspection she realised that he had no red tint on the end of his quills and when she examined his eyes they were dark blue not red like shadows'. Also his chest fur was pure black in fact he was all round pure black apart from his eyes and shoes. His shoes were also a dark blue very similar to his eyes.

Wow. He thought as she opened the door. She is so beautiful. I never imagined that someones surname could reign so true. Rose. Beautiful and delicate as a rose.

" Who are you?" she questioned. She was interupted as the black hedgehog pushed her into the house and shut the door. Amy pulled out her piko hammer and was about to strike but the hedgehog put his hand up and said, " I'm gonna be your partner for our mission. No need to hit me, i had to enter quickly and quietly so that no one would see me enter or hear me talking about this, but you take a lifetime to wake up." He laughed. "My name is Vex, pleased to meet you." He extended his hand towards Amy and she took his hand and shook it. She realised she sort of liked the feeling she got when she did that. It sent shivers down her spine. She looked into his eyes and realised that he was actually very handsome. She felt that she may melt away into his gorgeous eyes.

Oh my god. Could i be falling for someone else? He is very handsome but can i get over Sonic that easily? And that quickly? Maybe i should try to get to know him better before i make any hasty decisions. Anyway who says that i'm his type? God, why is finding someone to love and who will love you back so difficult?

Amy snapped back to reality. "Sorry, i was daydreaming. Would you like something to drink?"

"Um, no thanks. I' m only gonna be here for a few minutes. I just came to introduce myself and to let you know that i will be going into Eggmans' base with you. So we're both gonna have to convince him that we hate Sonic and possibly both fight him as well.
I will also be giving you some training in combat and stealth. I must let you know something, now i will warn you, this may come as a shock, i have reason to believe judging by your father and past relatives that you may inherit a new power on your sixteenth birthday, just as he did. I've had to do research into your background and it appears that all of your ancestors and relatives before you inherited a power on their 16th birthday. I do not know what it will be but as soon as you recieve it i will do my best to help you control it."

"Oh, my god. Are you serious? I didn't have any idea! My parents died at the hands of Robotniks' army when i was only four so i didn't know them very well. He obvoiusly didn't get the chance to tell me about this but how could you have possibly found that out? I couldn't even find any information on my family!"

"Well." he sighed. Amy noticed that he looked very worried about what he was going tell her. " The government have been keeping your families' records top secret because they didn't want anyone else to find out about the power you were gonna recieve incase Eggman captured you or you joined his side. Even though we do not know what the power is, it could be very dangerous if you were on the wrong side."

"That is unbelieveable!" She shouted. " I don't get to find out about my family because the stupid government think that i'm gonna join Eggman, The asshole that killed my family in the first place! I would never do that. I'm not a monster like him!"

"Look, i know that but they had to be sure. I mean you being on the recieving end of his evil, you should understand more than anyone how dangerous it would be if he had an extra powerful ally on his side, god only knows what power you'll recieve and the government are only trying to protect you and the planet to the best of their ability."

" I know, i'm sorry. I've just felt really lonely without any relatives and it's even worse when you don't even know much about where you came from but at least i know a bit more about my past now." She then gasped.

"What is it?" Said Vex looking worried.

" It's only three days till my birthday! I'll have my power in three days!"

Vex sighed with relief. " Yeah, i know you'll be a proper hero, just like Sonic."

"Yeah." She said looking deep in thought. "Just like Sonic. Maybe i can rescue him for a change." She laughed.

"Well, i've got to go. Sorry that it was short and sweet but i can't risk getting seen. It was lovely meeting you though. I will answer any questions you have tomorrow, when you join the other agents at the base. Until then, Miss Rose."
He held her hand which was a huge surprise for Amy and then pulled it towards his lips, he looked up into her eyes and kissed her hand ever so gently. She looked back into his eyes and blushed like mad.

"Um, yeah, see you then." she replied still gazing into his eyes and still blushing like crazy.

With that he let go of her hand, he was blushing intensely as well but Amy did not notice because of the colour of his fur. He mentally cursed himself for saying goodbye like that and decided he really had better go before he put himself into a more embarassing situation.
Then he did something that Amy was not expecting. He changed shape. Amy watched in amazement as he started changing from a hedgehog into a raven. He then took off and flew out of the chimney. Amy stood staring opened mouthed for what seemed like an hour before she shook her head to bring herself out of her daydream and she thought, well i know what his special ability is now. He's a shapeshifter!

She then went upstairs to get herself showered and dressed for her last day with her friends as their friend, for she knew that soon she would have to pretend to be their mortal enemy.

Oh dear. It would appear that poor Sonic has competition and who would have thought that Amy was gonna inherit some power?! If you wanna know what happens next review please cause i need feedback. I need to know what the public wants. I don't mind constructive critisism but no flames, please! So basically, review goddammit! Ha ha! Oh and sorry, i find that i like doing short chapters, u want longer ones? Tough! I like suspense. Ha ha!