Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Realisation ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer Note: I do not own Sonic or any of the other characters in this Fic apart from Vex. So please, don't sue me ok! Oh and again, itallics are thoughts!

Oh and thank you to i. am. someone for all their reviews it is so appreciated and i cannot thank you enough. Also thank you Iesha and J320 for your reviews it is always good to know when people like what your writing, it spurs you to go on, so i can't thank you all enough. Anyway i suppose i better get on with the story now, so here goes!

Chapter 4

Sonics' POV

I woke up and looked out of the window. It was a beautiful summers day. I had been kept awake most of the night again by thoughts of Amy. As i looked out of the window i thought, right, today is the day. I have to tell her before it drives me to insanity. How am i going to do this? It needs to be perfect. I could take her to my special place at the Mystic Ruins. She would love it there. It's so beautiful, just like her. I was brought back into reality at that moment as i heard a knock on my bedroom door and then Tails asking me if i was up.

"Yeah, i'm up. I'll be right down little bro."

Sonic got out of bed, had a quick shower and then started to get dressed. ( Yeah he wears clothes in this fic). He opted for his black combats, white tank top and black short sleeved shirt combined with his usual footwear and white gloves. He then headed downstairs.

"Hey, Sonic. Um, Amy wants us all to have a day together. She was hoping that you could come too. I think she would be upset if you didn't come."

"Of course i'll go. Did you think i was just going to do a disappearing act?"

"Well, to be quite honest, yeah. Normally if Amy asks you to go somewhere you turn tail and run as fast as sound, literally."

Man, do i? I am a complete jerk to her. Why does she still like me? He thought regretfully. Well not anymore. Today i will be the perfect gentleman. I don't deserve to have her heart but that has to change.

"Tails, am i really that bad? I mean, i know i can be a bit funny around her but i don't mean it. She means a lot to me." He admitted.

"Well you can be an idiot sometimes. If you like her why do you always run from her like that. I mean she practically hands you her heart and you throw it back in her face. No offence."

" I guess, i'm just worried that if something happened between us she would be in constant threat. Eggman would just use her to get at me and if something happened to her................................................................it would kill me inside." He confessed.
"But, all that is gonna change. I'm gonna tell her how i feel today. I have to. I hate hurting her like this. If i don't, i'm worried that i might lose her forever. Amy has lots of other guys interested in her and if she thinks i'm not interested she might just get with someone else.That would be torture."

"Ok. I'm glad to hear it. I'll do anything i can to help you. I always knew that you liked her." Smirked Tails.

"Oh, and Tails!"

"Yeah?"

"Don't tell anyone."

"You know i won't."

They all met up an hour later. It was decided that they would all go to Angel Island as Knuckles didn't want to leave the Master Emerald. God Forbid. Ha ha.

On Angel Island

Amy and Cream were first to arrive. They had both prepared a large amount of food at their homes and brought it along. They had just finished setting up their large picnic on the most beautiful spot on the island right in front of the Emerald shrine, closely watched by Knuckles as he wanted to make sure they didn't get too close to the Emerald. Just as they had placed the last plate of food they heard the noise of a plane approaching and looked up to see the X tornado. Tails was piloting (obviously), Sonic was on the left wing and Shadow on the right wing. They could also make out Rouge flying not far behind. Tails made a perfect landing close by and Sonic and Shadow jumped off, Rouge flew over towards Knuckles and landed next to him.

"Hey, Knucklehead." She said in a very silky and sexy manner. "Did you miss me?"

"Of course babe. A second hasn't gone by where i haven't thought about you."

Rouge then pulled Knuckles up close to her and pressed her lips against his in a very passionate kiss. She then stopped when she realised that everyone was staring open mouthed.

"Oh, we didn't tell you." She stated. "Me and Knuckles are an item, now. He finally plucked up the courage to ask me last night when i visited."

Incase your wondering, she went to visit Knuckles after she left Amys' house. Of course she can't say that to the others.

There was a chorus of congratulations, about time and Amy stated what a cute couple they made.

After everyone had said their piece about Rouge and Knuckles' relationship they all sat down around the picnic that Amy and Cream had prepared. Rouge sat next to Knuckles, to the left of Knuckles was Shadow then Cream and Tails and finally Sonic and then Amy next to Rouge.
They all sat and chatted about the things they had been doing, Tails latest inventions, What Eggman would do next etc.......whilst tucking into the delicious feast and admiring the beautiful landscape.

Sonic noticed that Amy was having trouble even looking at him. He cursed himself for being such a jerk to her and hoped that he wasn't to late to tell her how he felt. He was hoping and praying in his head that she hadn't fallen for someone else yet.

"Um, Amy." He said quietly.

"Yes, Sonic." She said, still unable to look him in the eye.

"Could i talk to you in private?"

"Uh, ok." She replied with a puzzled look on her face.

Sonic then stood up and beckoned for her to follow, ignoring the strange looks he was recieving from everyone else sat around. Amy followed and he led her over to an area out of sight and hearing distance of the others.

"Um, Amy." he said stuttering slightly. " I just wanted to start by saying sorry."

"Sorry? What are you sorry about? She asked.

" Well. I've realised that i've been a bit of a jerk. I always run from you and sometimes i say some nasty things and i really don't mean any of them. I can be a real idiot sometimes and i just wanted to tell you that i l..........." He was then interupted by Amy.

"Sonic, you have no need to apoligise. I was clingy and i was suffocating you. I know that you need your space and your freedom and i was intruding on that, so Sonic i am the one that's sorry. I won't bother you like that anymore, i promise. I realise that we are just friends and i guess i have to accept that."

"But Amy, I........." He was again interupted.

"Look Sonic, it's ok. I understand why you did it. Lets just leave it at that and just enjoy the rest of the day without bringing up the past, ok. I just don't want to think about that right now. Lets go back, the others will be wondering where we are."

" Amy you don't understand." but she was already out of earshot and didn't hear him say I love you.

Man, i just can't do anything right. I'll have to try again. Maybe if i can take her to the Mystic Ruins later. I have to make her listen to me.
And with that he headed back to join the others.

The day seemed to go so quickly for both Amy and Sonic especially. Sonic just didn't get the chance to be alone with her long enough to ask her to go with him to the Mystic Ruins and as the last of the daylight disappeared they all decided to head home and Sonic had still had no luck whatsoever. They all said their goodbyes and headed off. Sonic sighed and jumped onto the left wing once again and as the X Tornado was moving further away from the island all Sonic could do was stare longingly at Amys' shrinking figure as they moved further and further away from Angel Island.

At Sonic and Tails' Place

Sonic just couldn't sleep he tossed and turned and tossed some more. He finally jumped off the bed with a start. He got dressed and didn't even bother to look at the clock as he headed out the door. It only took him two minutes or so to get to her apartment. He didn't care if she was sleeping or not, he had to tell her now. He knocked on the door loudly and waited. Five minutes passed. He knew that she wasn't a heavy sleeper and if she had been awoken she would have called out coming or something. He was starting to feel very worried. He looked up and noticed that the window to her guest bedroom was open. He thought that under the circumstances he had no other option. He climbed up using the drainpipe and ledge above the front door and then quietly opened up the window enough so that he could slide in. Upon entering he noticed a digital alarm clock which read 00:17. He looked all over the house and didn't see Amy anywhere but upon entering the kitchen he noticed a note on the kitchen table. He unfolded the piece of paper and read:

Dear Friends,

I am sorry that i had to leave like this. I need some time to clear my head. I will not say where i am going or when i am coming back as i am not sure myself. I hope i shall see you all again very soon but i do not know.

Tails: Look after Cream for me.
Cream: Do not cry it is not forever, i promise.
Knuckles and Rouge: Good luck together, you are made for each other.
Shadow: I hope you find someone special to lighten you up a bit. Ha ha.
Sonic: Do not feel bad it is not your fault. I love you and i always will but i have to do this, you will understand when i return.

Love all of you always

Amy

xxx

Oh, god no! I'm too late! I know this is all my fault. What have i done? I will find you Amy. I promise!

Well, what do you think? It's so sad. Sob sniff. I just couldn't stop writing once i started on this chapter but i can't promise that my other ones will be as long. Anyway let me know what you think. And again no flames please.