Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Realisation ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer Note: I do not own Sonic or any of the other characters in this Fic apart from Vex and my new characters, Hex, Luna and Vesta. So please, don't sue me ok! Oh and again, italics are thoughts!

I would just like to say thanks to Channy, DIPLOMATIC_FOX and i.am.someone again for reviewing and also to xEmbeRx. I wouldn't go on if it wasn't for people like you. Thanks. xxxooo ha ha. lol.

Hex is 19 for the record.

Chapter 6

When Amy woke up she realised it was 06:30. She quickly got up had a quick wash and brushed her teeth in her personnal bathroom( every agents' room has its' own bathroom) and then picked out a t-shirt, combat trousers and the white trainers that were all in her wardrobe. She then brushed her quills and tied them back into a long ponytail (her quills are now a lot longer and reach just past her shoulders but she still has her three short bangs protruding at the front of her head and she had stopped wearing the hairband long ago). Just as she had finished getting ready there was a knock at the door. That'll be Vex, she thought. She took one last look in the mirror before answering the door. Wow, i look quite good in black, she thought as she answered.

"Hi, Vex. Where do we go for breakfast then?" She asked.

"The canteen, they serve meals there at all hours."

"Right, then lead the way. I'm starving."

Vex lead her to the end of the corridor where a elevator was located. He got in and Amy followed. He swiped his keycard and pressed button 3.

"The canteen is on level 3. The cooks they have are amazing. I feel hungry just thinking about it."

Vex looked towards Amy and couldn't help noticing how beautiful she looked. Black really did suit her and the DOOM issued uniform was tight in all the right places.

"Oh, you'll meet some of the other agents here. They all have their own special ability and a love for the food." He laughed.

" Cool, i love meeting new people and making new friends but.......... won't i be the oddball? I mean, i don't have a special ability yet."

"Don't worry. You will have in 2 days and i promise all the agents are really nice apart from one or two but you don't need to worry about them."

"Well if you say so, i believe you." She looked at him with a flirtatious glance and a smile.

Vex could feel himself blushing and he laughed a nervous laugh. Man, she is flirting with me. No, it's just my imagination, what would she see in me. She's hot over Sonic, isn't she? Just then there was a ding signaling that the elevator had reached its' destination.

"Well we're here." He said as the door opened.

Amy took a look around. There were other animals of all different species and colours. There was around about 35 in total, she guessed, all sitting round eating all different kinds of amazing looking food and all wearing DOOM uniforms.

They went and picked out their breakfast. Amy decided on croissants and Vex chose some sort of energy boosting, protein meal.

" Follow me. We'll sit over there beside my brother." He beckoned towards a table.

" That's Hex." He said pointing towards an aqua coloured hedgehog with blue eyes the same colour as his own, he also had black streaks on his spikes and black chest fur apart from that, he was this aqua colour all over. " He's a bit of a joker."

"Hi, Amy. Looking good." Said Hex with a wink but stopped as soon as he saw the glare he was getting from Vex.

"Hi, Hex. Pleased to meet you." She said sitting inbetween Hex and Vex.

"Hey, you know Sonic don't you?" Said Hex with an excited look.

"Um, yeah he's a good friend." She hated having to call him a friend.

"Wow, he's cool. If it wasn't for guys like that we wouldn't have much of a world left. I do my best but mostly i have to do undercover work or just getting rid of the odd robot or two. Hey, what is your ability anyway?"

"I wont know until my birthday two days from now. That's when i recieve my power." she explained. "What powers do you have? That is, if you don't mind me asking."

"Of course i don't." Said Hex. "Watch." Amy watched in amazement as he disappeared in front of her eyes and a few seconds later reappeared right next to her. "That's why i only really do undercover stuff."

"Ah, i see or i don't actually. That is so cool. I hope you don't use that to get into the girls changing rooms." she laughed.

"Yeah, i wish. Only joking. Nah, i wouldn't."

"Yeah, right." Stated Vex. "What about when you first came here?"

"Yeah, but i learned my lesson once Luna found out. You know i wouldn't do that again. I'd rather not face her wrath!"

Vex was in complete hysterics. " Man, you were frozen for 3 hours. I thought she'd never forgive you."

"Luna has the power to turn things into ice and she can freeze water." Explained Vex. "I'm glad i've never been on the recieving end. Luna is Hexs' partner" He explained.

"Wow, that is an amazing power. I'll remember to stay on her good side."

"Amy you better eat up so that i can show you round. We still have a lot to see."

"Oh, sorry. I was too busy looking at all the other agents."

"That's ok, it's just we have a lot to do and see."

They both finished their food.

"I see what you mean Vex. The food is amazing."

"Yeah, only the best for us DOOM agents."

"That reminds me. What does the SAU stand for?" She said beckoning to the logo on her t-shirt.

"Special Abilities Unit"

"Right, i get it now."

"Well we better head off now. See you later Hex."

"Hey bro, don't do anything i wouldn't do." Hex said giving his brother an i know you fancy her look and then winking at Amy who then proceeded to blush like mad.

Vex pulled his brother a death stare and then started walking towards the elevator.

"Um, bye Hex." said Amy following Vex. They both got into the elevator. Vex swiped his card again and pressed button 6.

"I'm sorry about my brother." Said Vex looking embarassed. "He loves to take the piss."

"I think that's just normal for brothers and guys in general." Laughed Amy.

"Yeah, i guess your right." Said Vex loosening up again. " I guess i asked for it when i told you about the changing rooms incident."

"Never mind, boys will be boys!" She said laughing.

Vex watched her as she laughed, he loved her laugh. It was so full of mischief, fun and joy. He was getting the urge to kiss her again and was finding it very hard to stop himself but just on cue they had arrived at the 6th floor.

"Right this is the Commanders floor. This is where we get all our orders from. The commanders name is Vesta and you really don't wanna get on her bad side. Always use her title, always, and i mean always, call her commander Vesta. You can come here if you have any questions that i can't answer or if you want a private word with her. Think of her as a sorta head teacher, i guess. Her office is at the very end of the corridor and her name is written on the door."

" Ok, but how do i know what she looks like?"

"Um, well. She is a Vixen. She always wears a black pencil skirt, white shirt, black suit jacket and black shoes and her suit jacket is covered in badges showing her status. Basically she always wears her goverment issued commanders uniform."

" Oh, she'll be easy to spot then."

"Yeah," he paused, "I'll take you to the top floor now it's the only way to see outside without going outside."

"ok."

They both got back in the elevator and went to the 7th floor using Vexs' card again. When the doors opened Amy realised that she could see the whole of the Hill Top Zone. They were in a room with just a massive window all around it.

"This is the observation room."

" I thought this place was meant to be hidden but how can it be if you have a window in the middle of a mountain?" she asked puzzled.

"The glass only looks see-through from this side of it. On the other side it is tinted in a way that makes it look like the rest of the mountain." he answered.

"Ahhhhh. I get it so they can't see us in here but we can see anyone who is out there."

"Exactly."

Amy went towards the window and gasped.

" Wow, you really can see everything. It's so beautiful up here."

" I know, but not as beautiful as the girl standing in front of me." Vex realised what he had said and his eyes widened.

Good one Vex. He thought. Now she'll think your a complete idiot. He hung his head and turned round so that he wasn't looking at her.

Amy looked completely shocked at first but then she walked over to him and turned him round.

"Vex, it's ok. I really like you too." She smiled and put her hand under his muzzle and lifted his head gently so that she was looking into his eyes. "I prefer to know when i guy likes me, it's so much easier." With that she moved her face towards his and he did the same. Just as their lips were about to meet there was an announcement on the tannoy.

^^Would Vex Trenton and Amy Rose please make their way to their training room! You are already 5 minutes late. That is all!^^

"Oh, shit. We better hurry." said Vex in a panic.

They both got into the elevator.

"I'm sorry if i got you into trouble." said Amy looking concerned.

"I'm sure it's fine. If i was in any real trouble she would have called me to her office straight away."

Amy sighed with relief.

"Um, our training room is on the 2nd floor, room 18. Each agent and their partner get their own training room."

"Great, sounds like fun."

They arrived at the 2nd floor and went towards room 18. Vex swiped his keycard and motioned for Amy to do the same.

" Ahhhhh, that's how they knew that we were late."

" Yeah you have to use your keycard for everything in here."

The door opened and they both walked in. It looks a lot like the gym in Metropolis that i used to go to but with much better gym equipment. She thought.

"Amy, I'm sorry about what i said. I shouldn't let my emotions come out like that."

"It's ok Vex. As i was trying to show you earlier i like you too."

"You do?" he looked into her eyes and smiled.

"Yeah, i think your amazing." She moved closer to him.

"Amy, there's one problem."

"What?"

"It is forbidden to have a relationship with your partner. If they find out we have feelings like this, they'll seperate us and pair us off with other agents."

"Oh great, my love life always has to be so complicated."

"I'm sorry Amy, i really never should have said that, now i've just made this whole thing akward and complicated."

"No you haven't Vex. It would have happened eventually anyway. You can't keep your feelings hidden or they will all come out with one massive outburst eventually."

"Guess your right."

"We could just date secretly. No one else has to know until this mission is over."

"Your absolutely right. Why should they control everything in my life? I'm so glad i met you Amy but only one thing is frustrating me."

"What's frustrating you?"

"Well, you never did manage to give me that kiss." He said with a grin.

Amy smiled and walked right up to Vex. They held each other and looked up into each others eyes. Amy moved her head in closer to him and their lips met. Vex felt his heart racing and his head spinning and he pressed his lips harder onto hers. Amy moaned in pleasure. Vex then moved his tongue and touched her lips lightly asking for entrance. Amy obliged and felt his tongue against hers, she then moved her tongue around very slowly against his which Vex must have enjoyed as he moaned with pleasure. Vex was having a hard time stopping himself from taking it further so he stopped kissing her and just held her.
They cuddled up on one of the gym mats for a while.
Vex got up when he realised that he still hadn't taught her anything. He thought it would be a good idea to start training as Amy had a lot of skills to learn as quickly as possible.He proceeded to teach her a few basic Tae Kwon Doe and Karate moves and also explained that she would have to learn how to act.

"Act? Why?"

"Well if your gonna be acting evil it's gonna have to be convincing. Especially if you go up against your friends."

"Your right. I never even thought of that."

"Don't worry, i'll teach you everything i know about martial arts and acting. And of course i help you learn how to control your power. I just hope we don't have a fallout after i teach you or you might kick my ass." He laughed.

"Well i would only kick your ass if you did something really bad." she said laughing.

"Note to self, don't get on Amys' bad side after teaching her martial arts." He grinned.

Amy walked over still laughing "As long as your you, i'm sure all you'll get are kisses from me." She then gave him a hard kiss on the lips and moved away again.

"You are some girl, Amy Rose. You are a tease." He said laughing.

"I know, i know."

They continued to train until 8 o'clock that night(taking breaks for lunch and stuff every once in a while) and then decided that was enough for one day. They both swiped out and walked towards the elevator. They got out on the 1st floor and walked through the long, tall corridors until they got to their own rooms.

"Thank you, for an amazing day Amy." He made a quick check to make sure no one was around and gave her a peck on the cheek. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Vex." she said smiling.

They both turned and swiped their keycards at their doors.

"Remember to knock if you need anything at all."

" Ok, i will." Said Amy blowing a kiss as she walked into her room.

"I knew it. Well done bro!" said Hex who had been secretly watching them both in his invisable form just down the corridor. "It's about time he got a girlfriend."

Amys' Room

Amy sat on the bed and found that not only were thoughts of Vex going through her head but also thoughts of Sonic.
I really like Vex and he treats me so good. He's funny, charming and handsome but i know deep in my heart that i still love Sonic. I can't get him outta my head. Oh, well. It's probably for the best anyway. Sonic will never love me back. I bet he would love it if he knew i was with someone else. I really could fall for Vex though. I just need to give it time. I wish you would just get outta my head Sonic.

Amy jumped off the bed and decided to go for a walk. It was now 8:30pm. She quietly exited her room and headed for the elevator. She used her keycard and pressed the button to go to the 7th floor. Once the elevator stopped she got out and sat down on one of the chairs beside the massive window. She needed time to think. She looked out and was amazed to see a small blue dot close to the bottom of the mountain. She squinted her eyes and looked closer.

Oh my god. That's Sonic. What's he doing here? He must be looking for me, but why? I thought this is what he wanted.

She continued to watch him. He looked like he was shouting out and he looked worried. He sat down next to Hill Top lake with his head in his hands.

Am i ever gonna find her? I've looked everywhere, she seems to have vanished of the face of the planet. God, i hope she's alright. This is all my fault. If i had just told her none of this would have happened.
He felt a small trickle of water on his cheek. At first he thought it had started to rain but as he went to wipe it off he realised it was a tear.
Sonic the Hedgehog was crying!

Amy was still watching him from the observation room and she noticed when he wiped his cheek.

Wait, is Sonic crying? He's really worried about me. I never thought he would cry over me. Amy could feel her own tears starting to flow. What have i done? Just then she heard the elevator door opening. She turned around and saw Vex looking concerned.

"Amy, are you okay?" He noticed she was crying. " What's wrong? Amy come here."

She walked over to him and started crying on his shoulder as he held her. He stroked her quills and lifted her head so that she was looking into his eyes.

"Amy, what's wrong? You can tell me anything."

"Oh, Vex. I should never have came here. My friends must be worried sick. I thought that they wouldn't care but i realise now that it's simply not true. I know i have to do this now that i'm here but i just wish i could let them know that i'm ok."

"I know Amy. It's hard i had to leave my friends behind to come here too. I miss them but at the same time i know what i'm doing is helping to protect them from Eggman."

"I know," said Amy as she wiped away her tears, "Your right. I guess i'll just have to wait till this mission is over."

"Hey, you can always talk to me, ok. I'll always be there for you."

"Yeah, sorry Vex. Guess i'm just homesick." She lied.

"Come on, lets get some sleep. You could use it. It'll calm you down."

"ok."

As they were walking towards the elevator Amy glanced back to where Sonic had been sitting and noticed that he was gone.

Sonic please don't worry about me. She thought and headed off to her room accompanied by Vex.



Well what do you think? Will Amy stick with Vex or will she end up with her one true love, Sonic? Well that would be telling, wouldn't it?! ha ha. Well review please and let me know if it was good or bad. It was my first try at the fluffy stuff so don't be too harsh, i.e. no flames please.