Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Realisation ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer note: I don't know how many times i'm gonna have to say this but here i go again. I do not own Sonic or Amy or any of the characters apart from my OC's. So don't sue me cause i don't have any money anyway. Ha ha. Italics are thoughts again.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all my wonderful, amazing, splendid, beautiful reviewers. I love each and every one of you for reviewing. xxxx. lol. Sorry, i'm in a strange and weirdly happy mood. LMAO. Anyway here's the next chappy for you all. Jeez, i've reached chapter 8 never thought i would get this far. Sorry, i'll stop droning on and let you read the story now. Ha ha.

Chapter 8

Five months had passed and Still no sign of Amy. Sonic had checked Hill Top Zone from top to bottom after Tails had found her earring but it was to no avail. Most of his friends had given up assuming she was dead but Sonic just absolutely refused to believe this. He hadn't stopped searching since day one. He wasn't himself at all. He hardly ate or slept.
He still stopped Eggmans' attacks when they occured but his attacks were lessening and unchallenging. Usually Eggman would put all his efforts into his attacks but not recently. It was as if he had something big lined up and these pitiful attacks were just to throw them of the scent, but no one knew what he was planning. No one except him and Vex that is.

"Amy, are you up yet?" shouted Vex through Amys' room door. "You know you only have an hour until your final exam. Come on babe, hurry up."

"I'm coming." She shouted as she opened the door.

"God, you better hurry. You've still got to get something to eat."

"I know. I was doing some last minute studying."

"I admire your dedication." he smirked. "Come on. Let's go get breakfast."

They walked to the elevator and went to the third floor. They both grabbed their breakfast and sat down next to Hex.

"Hey bro, how's it hanging?" laughed Hex.

"Do you have to start the funny stuff at seven in the morning? Most of us are still half asleep."

"By most of us, i guess you mean you. Amy looks raring to go. Hey, haven't you got your exam today?"

"Yeah, i'm so nervous. I think i've got the physical assessment nailed but i don't know about the theory."

"Well, i think your a lot smarter than me and Vex put together. You'll be fine."

"I hope your right. I can't believe i've got to be alone with Commander Vesta for two hours to do this. Man, i'm more nervous about that than anything."

"Well she can be strict but it's only in your best interests." said Vex.

"I know. Did you guys pass your first time?"

"I passed second time." Said Vex.

"It took me 4 attempts." Laughed Hex. "But you know me i hate studying. Too much concentration involved."

Vex and Amy laughed. It was true that Hex did not have a great attention span. He was always to busy trying to be the joker.

"Where's Luna today?" asked Amy.

"She's training early. Mostly because she's not talking to me."

"What did you do this time?" asked Vex.

"I sorta laughed when she was trying to tell me something serious."

"Hex, why can't you have an adult conversation with someone?"

"I didn't mean it. She told me that she liked someone in the base and when she told me who i couldn't stop laughing. One because i didn't understand why she liked him and two because i knew he was taken."

"Who is it?" questioned Vex.

"I shouldn't really say. I've done enough damage for one day."

"Oh come on. I won't say anything."

"Ok, but if you tell her that i told you, you are so dead."

"Well who is it?"

"She likes you."

"What?" said Vex with a look of surprise.

"But Vex isn't taken." Lied Amy.

"Come on guys. I can be a bit slow at times but i'm not blind. I've known since day one about you two."

"Hex, you better not say anything. You know what'll happen if Vesta finds out." threatened Vex.

"I know. Don't worry, your secrets safe with me. I think you guys are a great couple."

"Awww. Thanks Hex." Said Amy.

"No problem. Look, i've gotta go and apoligise to Luna. Hopefully she'll have calmed down by now. I don't wanna end up an ice cube again. Laters."

"Bye Hex." Amy and Vex said in unison.

"Oh, great. I'm sorry about him Amy. I just hope he can keep his big mouth shut."

"Vex, he hasn't told anyone for 5 months. I'm sure we can trust him."

"Yeah, i suppose."

Vex looked at his watch. "Damn, it's quarter to eight. We better get you to that exam."

"Oh no. I'm so nervous."

"Don't worry. I'll be waiting for you outside the door at ten when you finish and you can tell me how it went."

"Thanks Vex, i don't know what i would do without you sometimes."

They both walked to the elevator and went to the second floor.

"What training room is your exam in?"

" Um," she looked at her exam schedule, " Room Twenty.

They walked to room twenty and stood outside the door.

"Well Amy. Good luck you'll be absolutely fine. Show Vesta that you don't take any prisoners." He said whilst he smirked.

"Thanks Vex. I'll do my absolute best."

Vex leaned over and gave her a kiss. "That's for good luck. I better go, i'm starting to get a bit careless about where i kiss you. Someone is going to spot us if i'm not careful but i just can't help myself sometimes. Good luck, i'll be waiting."

"Thank you so much Vex. Your the best."

Amy then swiped her keycard and headed into her exam.

Meanwhile on Angel Island

Knuckles and Rouge had just woke up. They were still together and Rouge was now living with Knuckles on Angel Island. Suddenly they heard a loud crash.

"What the hell?" Shouted Knuckles "Shit, the master emerald."

They quickly got dressed and ran outside only to be greeted by the sight of Eggman flying away in his usual contraption master emerald folowing closely behind him as it was attached to the egg carrier via a large claw. Not only that but he had left his latest robot behind for knuckles and Rouge to deal with.

"Meet Cybernova." He called out from the air. "He'd like to give you a proper wake up call. Ha ha ha(evil laugh)."

With that Eggman took off heading back to his base. Rouge studied the new robot. He was a lot bigger than Eggmans' usual creations. He had to be at least ten feet tall, he had thick titanium armour all over and well,lets just say that he did not look easy to beat.

"Rouge, get out of here! I'll take care of tinhead."

"Knuckles, you can't beat him on your own. We need the others. Keep him busy till i call them, then i'll help you."

"OK, hurry." He looked towards Cybernova. "Well think you can take me? Bring it you piece of junk."

Cybernova lifted his foot and brought it back down again very quickly. Knuckles only just managed to get out of the way.

"That all you got!"

The robot then aimed his arm towards Knuckles and a compartment opened on his arm revealing a missle launcher. He launched 4 missles at great speed. Knuckles jumped out the way of the first three but the fourth was a bit close for comfort and landed right next to him sending him hurtling into a nearby tree. He hit the tree with a sickening thud and landed unconcious on the ground. Rouge had just finished calling the others and ran out.

"Knuckles? What have you done? You'll pay for that!"

Rouge then took to the air and started her secret spear flying kick(you know the spinning one she does) and aimed for Cybernova. She had a direct hit on its' chest but fell back in pain. The robot had its' shield up and as she had hit it, it had hurt like hell.

"Ahhhh. You coward, to afraid to fight without your shield."

^^ I n i t i a t e e n e r g y c a n n o n ^^

"Wha..?"

Cybernova held up its' arm towards Rouge and a small laser cannon appeared from its' arm compartment. A light started to emit from the cannon and a blue laser line appeared. The robot aimed the cannon on the ground in front of Rouge and fired. It created a small blast right in front of her which caused her to go flying towards the emerald shrine. As she landed her head hit on the stone steps and she was knocked out.

Cybernova started to speak to Eggman via the communicator in his arm.

^^ D o c t o r , o b j e c t i v e c o m p l e t e . H e a d i n g b a c k t o b a s e . ^^

"Good work, Cybernova." stated Eggman. "Get back here, Operation Sonic Boom is getting closer. Ha ha ha(evil laugh)."

^^ A f f i r m a t i v e . ^^

Ten minutes later

It hadn't taken Sonic and the gang long to arrive at Angel Island but when they got there they were to late. The fight had already happened and Rouge and Knuckles were unconcious. Sonic went over to Knuckles who was starting to stir whilst Tails went to Rouge. Cream and Shadow stayed at the X Tornado.

"Knuckles? Are you okay?"

Knuckles sat up and rubbed his head.

"I'll be fine. Where's Rouge?" He looked over towards Tails and noticed her lying there in a bad way. He ran over and shoved Tails out of the way. "Rouge? Baby, speak to me."

"Knuckie?" She said in a quiet whisper.

He lifted her and carried her into the house then lay her on the bed.

"Rouge, you'll be okay. Just rest up. I love you baby." He whispered.

Rouge was only semi-concious and managed to say. "I love you too." Before falling asleep.

" I'LL KILL HIM. I'M GONNA RIP HIS HEAD OFF."

"Knuckles calm down. Tell us what happened, we need to know what this new robot is." Said Sonic.

After about an hour of ranting and raving, cursing and swearing and everyone pleading with him to calm down, he finally did and explained what had happened. When Rouge woke up she explained her side of the story but was still unable to get up. She was hurt pretty bad. Tails tended to her the best he could with help from Cream but he still wasn't as good as Amy was with these things.

"Well, that's the best i can do for now. Sorry Rouge."

"Hey, it's not your fault. It does feel better though."

"If Amy was here, she would have had it sorted in a second." sighed Sonic. The others just looked at him with sympathetic looks. They all thought that she was dead, except for Rouge and Sonic of course.

"Sonic, i'm sure you'll see her soon. Just hang tight, ok." Everyone looked at Rouge funny. They didn't expect kind, understanding words from her. "What? I think she'll be fine ok."

"Thanks Rouge, at least you haven't lost faith." Sonic stated before going outside to think by himself.

Shadow looked to see if Sonic was gone.

"I never thought i'd say this but i feel bad for the faker. I know it was mainly his fault but hell i know what it's like to lose someone you care about." Everyone stared open mouthed at Shadow. "What, will you stop looking at me like that."

"Sorry, Shadow but it's just weird to hear you say something nice when referring to Sonic." said Tails.

"Well if your gonna look at me like that." He then proceeded to walk out the door and slammed it behind him.

"Well at least we know it's the real Shadow." Rouge laughed. "You don't have Shadow without the skulking."

"What are we gonna do guys? Eggman's got the master emerald." Tails said looking towards Knuckles.

" I don't know exactly but we have to get it back and make him pay for hurting Rouge."

Back at DOOM

It was now ten o'clock and Vex was waiting outside room twenty for Amy. He waited an extra ten minutes before the door opened. Amy came out of the room and she looked upset.

"Amy. Are you okay? I guess you didn't pass. Hey, it's okay. There's always next time."

Vex was taken by surprise when Amy leapt on him with her arms wrapped around his neck in a cuddle.

"Fooled you. I passed with flying colours. Vesta was very impressed. She said i was the fastest learner she had seen in DOOM. She also said we will be starting our mission two days from now."

"Wow, that's brilliant Amy. I can't believe you passed first time. Don't think any other student has done that before."

"Well, i had the best teacher there is." she said with a shy smile.

"Awww. Thanks Amy." He said blushing slightly. "You know what we can do now."

"What?"

"Celebrate. You go up the observation room. I'll meet you there in ten, i'm just gonna get something."

"Ok, Vex. I'll be there."

Vex watched her and waited until she had taken the elevator to the seventh floor. He then walked to the elevator and made his way to the first floor and then to his room. He sat on the bed and searched his drawer for his communicator.

"Come in Doctor."

"Well hello Vex. Do you have a progress report?"

"Yes, Doctor. Amy has successfully passed her final exam and we are to be assigned to our mission in two days."

"Eggscellent. Ok. Here's what will happen. Once you and Amy have spoken to me about joining forces. I will tell you that i will only believe you if you go up against Sonic. You will then Find Sonic and give him a good fight. Make sure that Amy does the most damage. That will weaken him mentally and physically. Got it?"

"Loud and clear. I have to go, Doctor. Thought i heard something." He lied, he just didn't want to hear the evil laugh that so annoyed him.

He grabbed the bottle of champagne that he had bought yesterday, Vex had bought it as he had a feeling she would pass first time. He then left his room and made his way up in the elevator to join Amy. When the door opened she was itting waiting for him looking out at the stars.

"Hey, babes." He said. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you. I'm proud of me too. What are you hiding behind your back?" she said trying to take a peek.

"A little something we can enjoy together." He brought his arm around from behind his back and showed her the champagne.

"Oh, Vex. Thank you."

He pulled out his other hand from behind his back and revealed two glasses. "Let's drink."

They stayed up and drank and chatted until midnight and then decided to head to bed. They got to their room doors.

"Um, Amy."

"Yeah, Vex."

"Do you wanna come in for a while?"

"Um, yeah ok."

He opened the door and entered with Amy following behind. He sat on the bed and beckoned for her to sit on the chair next to the bed.

"Amy, I really care about you a lot and.........well i was wondering if you had ever.........."

"What Vex? Tell me."

"Well have you ever had sex?" he stuttered.

Amy was surprised. She hadn't expected that. "Um, no i'm still a virgin."

"Have you thought about it? I mean, would you like to...............with me."

Amys' eyes widened. She liked Vex but sleeping with him. She always thought her first would be Sonic.

"Vex, i don't think i'm ready to go that far yet. You are lovely, sweet, caring and very handsome but i'm just not ready for that right now."

"Not ready." He shouted. "You still haven't got him out of your head have you? Sonic never treated you right. I have been nothing but nice to you and you don't care about me. Do you think your to good for me?"

Amy was shocked. This was one side of Vex she hadn't seen. "I'm just not ready." She said through tears. "Is that all you want? All you care about? I thought you were a nice guy. Guess i was wrong." She ran out of the room, tears flowing down her face. She ran into her room and sobbed into her pillow.

How could he? I'm just not ready yet. I just needed a little more time. I don't wanna have my first time in a shoddy room in DOOM headquarters. Why can't he see that? Is that all he wanted from the start? He just wanted into my pants. No one will ever love me. Not Sonic, not Vex, no one ever will! I'm just too gullible.

She was interupted by a knock on the door. "Amy, i'm so sorry. Please let me talk to you. I didn't mean it. I just thought you we're thinking about him. Please Amy, Let me in."

"Go away! You asshole. Don't come near me."

"Please Amy. I only did that because i love you so much and when i think that your still devoted to him, it kills me. I'm so sorry. Amy, please talk to me."

Amy was in shock. Vex had told her that he loved her. It was the first time a guy had ever said it to her. She opened the door and went back to sit on the bed. She had decided that if he really did love her she should let him explain.

Vex walked in and pressed the button to shut the door. He walked over and sat on the chair.

"Amy, you have no idea how sorry i am. I know it sounded as if i was trying to force you into it. I am so sorry. Please forgive me. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes. Sex isn't important. I just thought you refused because of Sonic. I am an idiot."

"Vex, why didn't you tell me how you felt? If you keep things bottled up they will explode in your face eventually. Remember, i told you that before."

"I know Amy. I just thought you would think i was an idiot but i guess i'm an even bigger idiot now."

"Your right. You are an idiot. I just thought it would be in a more romantic place, I want my first time to be special." She explained. "Did you mean what you said in the corridor?"

"Yes, Amy. I am head over heels in love with you."

"Oh Vex, I love you too." She said, but deep within her she knew that only one hedgehog had claim to her heart and that hedgehog was Sonic. She felt guilty for lying but she was actually kind of scared. She had seen his other side and she didn't like what she saw. She silently wondered to herself., What would he have done if i didn't say it back?

Oh dear. Vex is starting to show his evil side. What will Amy do now? What will happen on their mission? How will Knuckles get the master emerald back? Who can beat Cybernova? As always let me know what you think. I love my reviewers. xxx. Oh, and no flames or i'll set Cybernova on ya. Ha ha.