Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ A Brother's Love ❯ 12 - Betrayal at the Final Union ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

~Chapter 12~
 
 
 
The constant rise and fall was addicting. To see that body occupied like that... everything about him was addicting, was like something from a dream; two people that meant the same thing to each other, but differently in each other's eyes...
 
Somehow, things had become suddenly deeper. The day was forgotten, night had fallen, and night was their private playground... they'd looked into each other's eyes, and somehow, the kiss just wasn't enough.
 
The kiss expressed such a deep hunger for each other, for as long as that continued... and looking into each other's eyes afterward... there was a deep hunger there, also. Perhaps there was cause to be nervous, but neither felt it, both only feeling that want, that need, that hunger...
 
Radish had pulled back slightly, wanting to say something... but Marron hadn't said anything, just bringing Radish's hand up to his lips, kissing it gently... Radish had said Marron's name, and kissed him once more.
 
That kiss seemed to spur more on. Not just a gentle kiss. Marron didn't just submit for him, Marron fought against him in the most wonderful way... the way Marron moved against him, it made Radish want more. He didn't want to just see Marron's climax; he wanted to see it, spur it on, feel it, cause it... his brother's name would be all but forgotten in the haze of their own feeling.
 
They were powerful against each other. If one pulled away, the other would fight against that, fight again for that closeness, that which they hoped to reclaim...
 
Celery sat in his room, too far away to hear them, and too preoccupied with his own duty to care at the present moment. His dagger was held firmly in his hand, but yet his hand shook.
 
The blade was sharp, and no doubt it'd do it's job as well as it could; that didn't make the job any easier to carry out. No, but he had to... for the good of everybody else, for the good of the world, he had to, he had to...!
 
He stared intently at the blade, at his hand clenched around the handle so tightly, his knuckles were white... for everybody else's good? Not for the first time, the urge to be selfish rose in his mind... what would happen if he didn't do that? If he let life carry on?
 
No, that wouldn't do. He was already resigned to the fact that something had to change. Something had to change, and he would be the one to cause that change...
 
It didn't make the change any easier to cause.
 
Marron gasped so wonderfully when Radish kissed him, though. To their minds, their respective older siblings were forgotten; Marron forgetting Carrot because he couldn't remember him, Radish forgetting Celery because he chose to forget him... and what place had he in this situation, anyway?
 
"... Radish..."
 
Radish cupped his hand against Marron's cheek, kissing it softly, kissing Marron's lips, kissing wherever he felt like kissing, whatever he wanted to kiss... he smiled.
 
"... Marron?"
 
Marron's hands pressed against Radish's shoulders, firm and purposeful. His stare... Radish felt helpless under the scrutiny of those eyes. So deep... so powerful... and they were his, they belonged to him... he'd wanted Marron, he'd taken Marron for his own, and tonight... tonight, Marron would be his, and his alone.
Marron stared at Radish, eyes half-lidded, his breath heavy.
 
"... this... isn't all... is it? ... Tonight, we..."
 
Radish silenced Marron momentarily with another kiss, his hand slipping behind Marron's head, threading through his hair, holding and supporting him... he pulled back fractionally, just enough to speak.
 
"Tonight, we'll do whatever we feel like."
 
"... I see..."
 
Marron's arms wrapped around Radish's shoulders, and Radish felt Marron's kiss against his skin, as hot and burning as any of his own kisses. Oh, and how he burnt... emotion and feeling rushed through Radish's body at every movement... feeling that beautiful person below him... how had he managed to wait so long?
 
Celery paced back and forth, not quite willing to leave his room. He had to, but... just a second longer, that'd be alright, wouldn't it?
 
A second turned into a minute turned into several, and Celery felt angry with himself for waiting so long, but was still loathe to leave his room... his room was quiet, silent except for the sounds that he himself made, and... while he stayed in his room, his plan would remain just a plan, and then...
 
Celery walked out into the corridor, trying to catch his thoughts out.
 
He stood next to his door, then looked across at Radish's bedroom door.
 
The whole corridor was dark, but the moon shone outside, shone through the window, illuminated this and that... Celery walked to Radish's door, his hand lingered over the handle for a few moments, then opened it.
 
Radish bit against Marron's neck, not hard enough to hurt, but hard enough to elicit a steady moan from the younger mage. In the darkness, Marron still seemed so visible... Radish wanted to become familiar with Marron's body, with every inch of it, every surface, everywhere there was feeling, Radish wanted to feel.
Moving on the bed, Radish pressed Marron against the bedsheets, running his hand over shoulderblades, over arms... he arched slightly at the feeling of those hands pressing against him, muscles clenched and released, and his deep sigh was also...
 
Radish wrapped one arm around Marron's waist. His skin was so smooth... so smooth, so soft... he wanted to see Marron's face again, though. He moved on the bed until this was possible, limbs half on the bed and half over or around Marron... the sprawling untidiness of their form on the bed didn't matter, though. As long as there were still kisses to be shared and touches to experience...
 
Just one finger touching against skin was enough to cause a gasp. A finger touching in the right place, a kiss, a gentle bite... something a little more feral, it didn't matter to either, as long as it didn't stop. Neither stopped, both wanted this to carry on for as long as possible... both gave and took as much as they wanted, as much as they needed.
 
Radish let Marron roll him against the bed, push him over slightly, roll him onto his back. Such a feeling to feel Marron's body on top of his own...
 
... to feel his kisses... such soft kisses... soft kisses that increased in passion and feeling... soft kisses weren't quite enough, and the look on his face made Radish tremble. When Marron looked up, his eyes just seemed to shine, and Radish let Marron lay claim to his body for as long as he wanted.
 
Hands held and fingers touched, pressing to see how far he could go... he was allowed to go as far as he wanted. Teeth pressing against skin caused a shudder, a louder cry, a gasp... hands around Radish's chest, Marron moved further. Radish closed his eyes as he felt Marron against his nipples, kissing, nipping, sucking... Marron's hand over his chest, feeling Radish's heartbeat... every movement and touch seemed to quicken that motion. They couldn't be stopped, nothing about them could be stopped. Both felt the fire within, wanting to share that fire, that burning... and such heat was insatiable, unquenchable, unstoppable... not that either would want to stop it in the first place.
 
Celery stood in the doorway to Radish's room. The room was dark, and it was empty. Radish's bed lay unused, lovingly made... lovingly made by Celery's own hand, of course. The room was it's usual, a few clothes lay strewn on the floor, it seemed a little messy, Radish's usual.
 
Celery's heart sunk. If not in his own bed, then where was Radish? Where was he at this time of night? He looked over his shoulder. Perhaps the bathroom... the upper bath...
 
Images and suggestions swirled around Celery's mind, but in his heart of hearts, he knew there was only one place Radish would be.
 
With Marron.
 
Radish's eyes snapped open as he felt Marron's kiss retreat further down his body. His stomach tensed as Marron's fingers ran over it, stroked it, touched it... Radish let out a gasp, pleading for Marron to go lower, pleading for that touch to be where it was needed...
 
Nothing seemed to matter anymore. Warmth, heat, need, passion... they were the world. Everything so small was something to be focused upon. Nothing could be ignored... every little thing was noticeable and treasured. A gasp, a moan... each so small, but so potent... the fire seemed to increase everything. Heartbeats, usually so placid, now seemed to thunder... Radish's heartbeat pounded in his chest, and his arousal pounded feeling in his stomach, lower down... gasps wouldn't stop at feeling Marron's kiss again, somewhere different... such a small touch, it was there, then it was gone... then it was somewhere different... and the way his fingers wrapped around and touched... Radish bit urgently against his little finger, feelings increasing, multiplying...
 
Neither Radish nor Marron noticed the door open, so silently. It closed just as silently, and Celery stood in shadow.
 
So, that was where Radish was. That was who he was with. That was what he was doing.
 
Celery was careful to make himself as inconspicuous as possible. Focusing on his own feelings, hoping he wasn't able to be sensed by either Marron or his brother... he doubted either would notice him anyway.
 
His eyes immediately went to his brother. And Marron. Both of them, together. Radish lay with his back against the headboard... Marron was leant next to him, they were kissing. Celery narrowed his eyes; both were aroused... they moved so gently with each other, a hand pressing, rubbing, stroking, teasing... a leg wrapping over the other's two, doing the same...
 
Celery felt numb. How long had this been going on?
 
Marron shifted until he was directly over Radish's body. Radish gasped; Marron kissed him, then reared back a little, kneeling, straddling Radish's upper thighs. He moved so his erection touched against Radish's own, his hand taking hold of both, stroking so slightly. When he spoke, he spoke so deeply... his voice was thick with desire, with lust, with need...
 
"... I can't wait for much longer, Radish..."
 
Radish shook his head, his movements seeming jerky.
 
"... Neither can I, Marron... neither can I..."
 
Still Marron moved so gently, so wonderfully, so beautifully... Radish watched through one eye as Marron's hand moved to his mouth, when it next touched his erection, it was wet, fingers pressing against the hardness, preparing it for what would come next. Marron removed his hand, both hands pressing against Radish's stomach, positioning himself over Radish's body... on top of Radish... Radish's hands moved to Marron's hips, his hands pulling downward as his hips began a slow thrust upward; Marron let out a cry as Radish entered him, Radish gasped loudly... the two of them remained like that for a moment, Marron letting his body get used to such a feeling, Radish savouring what it was like to be joined to Marron in such a way...
 
Celery watched with his elbow in one hand, his other hand over his mouth. He couldn't disturb them just yet... he'd hoped his brother would be asleep, but obviously not... it was so hard to watch, though. Watching Radish be so gentle, be so focused in his moments... the recollection of such feelings on his own body made Celery feel sick with jealousy, jealousy and envy... so this was the person his brother loved? It was alright for Radish to take what he wanted from Celery, but when it was Marron... oh, but they moved so beautifully together, had Radish ever moved so beautifully with Celery himself?
 
This wasn't the Radish who he was used to; yes, Radish could be soft, gentle, loving... but that mood came so infrequently, with Celery, at least... but with Marron... with Marron, Radish had always been so different...
 
Marron moved mesmerizingly, moving so slowly... Radish thrust with him, both moving together. Marron leant forward, his hands against Radish's shoulders... Radish wanted to close his eyes, give himself to the feeling, hold Marron close, take him to his climax... no, but he couldn't bring himself to close his eyes. Marron was so beautiful even from day to day life, but like this... he wasn't just beautiful, he was... he was...
 
Radish couldn't think of what Marron was. He was beautiful, but that word in itself just didn't do him justice. He was beautiful, exquisite, perfect, wonderful, he was everything like that, but more... none of those words could cover everything that Marron was, so Radish's mind, frenzied by passion and feeling, had to accept that he was just Marron. That was all he could be.
 
His eyes seemed so hazy and his smile seemed so wonderful. The smile of knowing that... the smile of being with... just the smile... Radish wanted to smile, but he couldn't. The feeling in his lower stomach almost hurt with it's intensity. This was somebody he loved, he was sure of it. Had he ever felt like this before? Radish couldn't remember anything. He didn't want to remember anything. He just wanted to be with Marron, and be with him forever... that didn't sound so bad.
 
Radish wanted to feel everything of Marron. He wanted to feel his kiss, his touch, his taste, everything... he reached for one of Marron's hands, moving it from his shoulder to his mouth, kissing it liberally, licking each finger, taking them into his mouth one at a time, sucking slowly, so slowly... Marron gasped, letting Radish do as he would to his hand... his shoulders slumped for a moment before his body tensed, throwing his head back for a moment as he cried out...
 
Radish felt Marron's hair move against his body, move from where it'd stroked against his chest... his hair was so soft, so silken... Marron's every breath was audible now, urgent, desperate, needing that release...
 
Leaning back on Radish's body, Marron let Radish hold him in place. Any kind of movement seemed so hard now, his body felt as if it was made out of lead... he wanted to be taken, and he didn't want to wait much longer.
 
"... Ra... Radish, I..."
 
"I know, I know... d-don't... hold back..."
 
Radish's thrusts were stronger now. Marron pulled Radish's hands from his hips, guiding Radish as he rolled to his side, pulling Radish over until he was on top of him... Radish obeyed, not questioning anything that Marron did, or that Marron wanted. His lower legs entwined with Marron's own, he held Marron's chest on either side, Marron holding his hands against Radish's shoulders; every thrust caused a gasp, a cry, a moan... Marron's eyes were closed now, and he cried out continually. So powerful but so delicate, so beautiful, so wonderful... Radish could only feel the urge to finish, to take Marron, to make him reach his climax, to feel his own...
 
"Marron... Marron... oh, Marron... how much... how much... longer?"
 
Marron opened his eyes, moving to hold himself against Radish as much as he was able, his voice strained though emotion.
 
"No longer..."
 
His hold was suddenly tighter, his cries were louder, more elongated... his hips moved alongside Radish's as he finally reached that peak of ecstasy, letting out one long loud cry as he reached his climax.
 
Feeling Marron become so far gone in his arms, Radish couldn't hold back for too long either; the way Marron moved... then when he froze so suddenly... he held Marron down firmly as he thrust his deepest and last, letting out his own cry, voicing his own feral passion, holding himself against Marron as his own body froze, as his mind blanked and he couldn't concentrate on anything anymore.
 
Celery just watched, impassive.
 
After what seemed like an eternity, the two fell back on the bed, gasping, panting, warm, satiated.
 
Fatigue caught up with them, but Radish managed to stroke Marron's cheek, kissing his forehead.
 
"... I love you, I love you... more than anyone else... I love you, Marron..."
 
Marron made some noise of agreement or at least acceptance, his body already moving with the measure of sleep. Radish watched him for a little longer, feeling such happiness... he moved slightly to the side, cuddling against Marron as he closed his eyes, and allowed sleep to overtake him.
 
Celery watched. He knew his brother's sleeping habits... most times after sex, Radish was virtually dead to the world. This, he decided, would work to his advantage.
 
He walked to the bedside, first looking at Marron. He seemed so innocent now that he slept... his hair clung to his body somewhat... Celery reached down, parting Marron's hair from his body. It was so warm in the room, no point in letting Marron sleep in any kind of discomfort from having his hair stuck to his body all night. He didn't move at all when Celery touched him, though... he definitely seemed asleep.
 
And Radish... Radish also seemed asleep. Celery found the top bedsheet, crumpled at the end of the bed as it was, and threw it gently over Marron and Radish's sleeping forms.
 
He watched them for a few moments, wanting to leave nothing to chance; he didn't want to risk either of them waking up... or at least, he didn't want to risk Marron waking up. There wasn't any point in making this more unpleasant than it had to be.
 
Celery lifted the edge of the bedsheet closest to Radish, and pulled at his brother's body, pulling him over onto his back. Radish mumbled a little in his sleep, but said nothing, obviously still asleep.
 
Asleep...
 
Marron looked innocent while he slept, and Radish looked the same.
 
Celery used the bedsheet to clean Radish's body, where Marron had climaxed against him... he felt his brother's skin. So warm... and his face, so innocent, so sweet... his eyes closed... Celery couldn't resist. He leant down, kissing Radish's eyes... they flickered a little, but didn't open...
 
Celery remembered the dagger; it was tucked into it's scabbard around his waist. His heart feeling heavy in his chest, his pulse seeming to pound in his mind, he reached for the dagger. Brought it out, held it to his face... the blade shone slightly in the darkness of the room.
 
He pressed it against Radish's neck, just a little too hard. Not hard enough to cut, but... no. He couldn't... he couldn't...! It was what he had to do, but... killing Radish?
 
Celery's eyes narrowed as tears blurred his vision; he heard Radish's voice in his mind, how he'd just told Marron how he loved him... more than anyone else... and in the past, they'd always promised to be the most important people to each other, but... Radish seemed to love Marron so much...
 
Celery let the dagger fall against the bed as shuddering sobs overcame his body. If it wasn't he who killed Radish, it'd only be somebody else, or something else, but... despite that... wouldn't there be something that'd happen? Something that'd intervene and make everything alright...?
 
Celery didn't notice Radish's eyes slowly flicker open, his body aware at somebody else so close to him. He looked to the side, saw Marron still sleeping, felt Celery around him... he frowned, speaking to Celery through his mind, not wanting to wake Marron.
 
"... Oniisama?"
 
Celery looked up suddenly; Radish was awake...
 
"... Radish..."
 
"Don't risk waking Marron up... oniisama, what the hell are you doing here?!"
 
Radish didn't seem too happy in being woken up; feeling light-headed, Celery decided that it was now or never... he pressed his hand against Radish's chest, his hand glowing slightly...
 
Radish gasped as he realised what Celery was doing; performing a bind spell... something that Radish had employed many times for sexual use against his brother. The bind spell flooded the victim's body, numbed it, dulled feeling, prevented movement...
 
"Oniisama, what are you DOING? Are you going to... are you going to fuck me? Here? Even with Marron right next to me in bed? Were you watching us, or something? I mean, I know you don't like me and Marron, and we just had sex and all, but jesus, can't you wait until we're somewhere else? If you let me go, we can go to my room if you wanted to, just don't do anything like that while Marron's just sleeping next to me!"
 
"... Is this for the good of everybody else? Is it for the sake of jealousy? Is it for the sake of love?"
 
Radish let out a slight cry as the bind spell claimed his body; Celery felt his brother's body tense underneath his own. Radish's body couldn't move, but his eyes glared angrily up at Celery.
 
"Oniisama, what the fuck are you on about? Just let me up already!"
 
Celery smiled softly, shaking his head, tears still coursing down his cheeks.
 
"I can't, otouto. This is something I have to do."
 
"O-oniisama?!"
 
Celery picked up the dagger again, looking at it carefully, studying it. Radish saw it also, his eyes widening for a moment before glaring at Celery again.
 
"... Oniisama, what ARE you here to do?"
 
"I'm sure there are many ways I could have done it... many ways, many magical ways, many painful ways... even so, I don't want to cause you pain... the bind spell... you cast it upon my body many times, otouto..."
 
Celery stroked Radish's shoulder.
 
"Can you feel that?"
 
"Feel what?"
 
Celery's smile saddened, "... It doesn't matter... I know you can't respond, but..."
 
He leant down, kissing Radish.
 
"Oniisama, you're freaking me out here. What...?!"
 
"Don't be scared, otouto..."
 
Celery pulled back, still looking at Radish with his sad smile.
 
"What is it to love one person? Out of everybody why is there only one person we find ourselves loving? Why can't it be anybody? You used to love me so deeply, otouto... now you love Marron... I can't be like you, though. I can't swap my affections so readily. Even if there was somebody else for me to love, I... I don't think I could ever abandon my feelings for you... maybe you think I'm stupid, maybe you think I'm pathetic, but... I can only ever love you, otouto... so don't be scared with me, because I don't want to scare you..."
 
"Yeah, but you've bound me to the bed and you're holding a dagger, I'm supposed to be totally comfortable with that?! If it's 'cause you're jealous..."
 
"Not only because of that. I don't want to see the Farra Kinju claim you... if you let go of Marron, then I wouldn't have to see that happen... but then Marron would likely kill you. And even as we are, the Sorcerer Hunters want you dead... so much conspires against us, and it's so much more than jealousy... but perhaps it IS selfish, just a little. I don't want to see those other things kill you... I'm yours forever, so... while you're still perfect, perhaps I could do this to you, and prevent those other things from happening... I don't want to hurt you, but those other people, those other things... they'd hurt you, and they wouldn't care. I care more than anybody, so... I have to do this..."
 
Radish felt fluttering nervous fear as he saw the hand Celery held the dagger in move out of his line of sight.
 
"Onii-oniisama, no, wait... we'll fight them all, we'll go against them all, we'll go against them together, it doesn't matter, as long as we're together, right? Oniisama, you... oniisama, I don't want to die..."
 
Celery closed his eyes for a moment, fighting back the urge to cry unashamedly... he opened his eyes, saw Radish looking at him with such pleading eyes... he leant forward, kissing Radish as he pressed the dagger against Radish's chest, piercing the skin, going too deep to abandon his decision.
 
"I don't want you to die either, otouto."
 
éHe gripped the handle of the dagger desperately as it went deeper, as it went to it's deepest... it was too late now. He'd done it. His hand shook, but he held the dagger firm.
 
He heard Radish's voice in his mind still, worried.
 
"... Oniisama?! Oniisama... oniisama, I... oniisama... I'm scared..."
 
Celery's hand fell from the dagger's handle, dropped to Radish's chest. The dagger held place there, impaled through Radish's skin... Celery could feel the hot dampness of Radish's blood against his fingers... he never stopped kissing Radish. He brought both of his hands up to Radish's head, kissing him urgently.
 
"Otouto, otouto, I love you so much... I love you... forever... forever, I'll never forget you, I'll never let you go... otouto..."
 
"... I feel faint, oniisama... breathing... is hard... I..."
 
"O-otouto?"
 
Radish's voice was quiet but desperate, "... I can't feel you but don't let me go... onii... oniisama... I... I love you... I... I... oniisama, I..."
 
Suddenly, the mental connection fell.
 
"Otouto?"
 
No reply.
 
"O... OTOUTO!"
 
Still no reply.
 
Celery pulled away from Radish, looked at him... his eyes had dulled over, they were unmoving... Celery felt a claw of ice descend around his heart; it seemed so hard to think, suddenly... but it was done. Radish was dead. Celery had killed his brother.
 
Celery reached up, going to close his brother's eyes with his hand... his hand that was dark with Radish's blood. He shook his head, and brought the other hand up to do the same thing.
 
Even in death, he looked somewhat innocent. Somewhat.
 
Celery removed the dagger from Radish's body, shifting out of the bed, backing away towards the door... Marron still slept. He hadn't realised anything.
 
Celery felt sick suddenly... he couldn't stay in that room any longer, not with Radish there, dead... he was dead...
 
Celery left the room quickly, not noticing that the rain outside had suddenly doubled, or that there seemed to be a storm brewing.
 
Big Mama had noticed, though. Back in Facade, back in Eden, the moment Radish died, Big Mama had felt it. She felt it... it'd happened.
 
It was time.
 
****
 
Several hours later, the sun rose to a dull and cloudy day over Qerada-Ehret. The sky was a steady grey, and the haze of clouds was indistinguishable from the sky above. The way the clouds hung in the sky seemed as if, from darker clouds, rain would pour at any moment...
 
Marron just watched the window for a few moments, from his bed. He sighed deeply, feeling nothing in particular as he slipped out of bed, finding his clothes and robes, which had been casually discarded all over the floor... he frowned, trying to figure out how they'd ended up there in the first place.
 
He glanced over his shoulder; Radish was still asleep, on the other side of the bed... pulling his trousers on, Marron was vaguely aware of memories of the night before. It came back to him slowly, but he remembered, at least, that he and Radish had...
 
... he smiled. He remembered. Apart from anything else, it felt good to remember something... and to remember that, that was even better.
 
"Take a closer look, Marron."
 
Marron froze, then jumped to his feet.
 
Someone had spoken. Someone... had spoken to him?
 
Had that been Radish? ... No, Radish was still asleep. Celery? Somebody else? Marron looked around the room quickly. It wasn't the brightest sunlight in the room, but nowhere was hidden; he and Radish were the only ones in the room.
 
Marron frowned, "Who-... who's there?"
 
"Nobody is THERE, Marron. I'm here, within you. Feel me, Marron."
 
Marron felt a sudden shooting pain within him, and he fell to his knees.
 
"Who was I? Who can say. Who am I? I can't tell. Who are you, Marron? Do you remember? Can you ever remember?"
 
"A-... aa-AH..."
 
"You amuse me, Marron... but for the time being... you might want to see that precious little former host of mine..."
 
The pain was suddenly gone, Marron froze for a few moments until he was sure that that strange presence was gone, at least for the time being... he stood up again, wondering what that voice meant... former... host? What did that mean?
 
Marron walked to the other side of the bed, shaking Radish's shoulder.
 
"Radish, I'm awake... Radish?"
 
The first thing Marron noticed... how cold Radish seemed...
 
Marron's frown increased.
 
"Radish, can you hear me?"
 
That was when he noticed... Radish didn't even seem to be breathing... Marron pulled back the bedcover in sudden panic, and saw Radish's chest, covered in blood... the blood had dried somewhat now, but the wound on his chest was still plainly visible...
 
"... RADISH!"
 
"He can't hear you, Marron."
 
Marron stepped back from the bed, his hand clasped around his mouth. Radish... Radish was dead!
 
So many questions... who'd killed him? When? How?
 
... Well, that was obvious. But just a few hours ago, just the night before, Radish had been alive... Radish had been alive, he'd brought Marron such intense physical feeling, and now... now he was dead? But Radish always seemed so powerful, who could have killed Radish like that? Surely Radish would have fought back? No, but Radish looked so peaceful... truly like he was sleeping, apart from the fact that he was dead... someone killed him while he slept? But even then, surely he would have realised he was dying before he was actually dead?
 
The thought of Celery occurred to Marron; oh god, what about Celery? Celery was Radish's brother...! He had to be told, but... how would Celery react?
 
Marron rushed to Celery's bedroom, "CELERY!"
 
Celery's bedroom was empty; Marron looked around, feeling more desperate now than before. Maybe he'd woken up earlier? Maybe he was cooking breakfast? Marron hurried down the stairs, checked all the rooms down there, cast a passing glance over Celery's greenhouse, but... no, he wasn't there either...
 
Marron ran back into the house. Radish's bedroom? There was no reason for Celery to be there, but perhaps... he ran back up the stairs, but Radish's bedroom was empty also.
 
Where else was there?!
 
"... The bathroom...?"
 
Marron ran to the bathroom, opened the door, went to shut it again, but then, just as he was about to leave, he saw Celery.
 
Celery sat on the windowsill of the bathroom; previously there had been a few ornaments and potted plants there; they'd been moved to another shelf. Marron didn't pay much attention to that; Celery stared out of the window, even while Marron spoke.
 
"Celery...! Celery, Celery, I woke up... I woke up, Radish, he... Celery, someone killed Radish... Celery, Radish is dead!"
 
"I know."
 
There was a clatter; Celery tossed the dagger down, it hit the bath with a sharp sound. Marron glanced at the dagger; it was coated with blood, but Marron didn't quite make the connection. He felt at a loss.
 
"Celery, he's dead!"
 
Celery turned to face Marron; he looked at him, saw his sadness, his worry, his concern... he moved from the windowsill, moving to sit on the bath's edge.
 
Celery himself didn't look too good, not to Marron's eyes. Celery had obviously been crying for some time, but no tears came now. When he spoke, his voice was hoarse... and his robes... his robes were covered with blood? Marron's mind wasn't quite working; the evidence was there, but he didn't want to believe it...
 
Celery stood up.
 
"I know he's dead, Marron. You can go free now."
 
"Celery?!"
 
"This isn't where you're supposed to be. You never had a life with us, a life with Radish... he just saw you one day, and wanted to make you his, so... he cast magic on you, made you forget your past life... look in the mirror, Marron."
 
Celery indicated to a side-mirror mounted onto the wall beside him. Marron looked.
 
"What am I looking for?"
 
"You're not a Sorcerer. Do you see a contrary triangle?"
 
Indeed, the illusion magic Radish had cast upon Marron was no longer causing the illusion. Marron looked at Celery, holding his hair back from his forehead, trying to see... he looked disbelieving.
 
"Celery... Celery, what does this mean?! If I never had a life with you or Radish... if I'm not a Sorcerer... if I'm not any of that, then... then what am I?"
 
"A Sorcerer Hunter. You were sent to kill us, but Radish took a fancy to you..."
 
"N-no! No! I won't believe that! A... Sorcerer Hunter? I'm not a Sorcerer Hunter!"
 
Celery moved closer to Marron.
 
"Only because you don't remember being a Sorcerer Hunter... Marron, once I've done what I'm about to do, I... I want you to do what your brother could not. I want you to kill me."
 
"Celery- Celery, I don't want to kill you! I can't believe Radish is dead, but... Celery, you're the only other person left, without you, who else is there?"
 
Celery looked serious.
 
"Your friends, your family... all those who've been fighting for you since you first crossed paths with my brother..."
 
"I don't... I don't want to kill you, though..."
 
Celery just shook his head, "I can't live. I'm talking to you, but... I'm not alive, Marron... I breathe, my heart beats, but... I don't live... I broke the promise to my brother, I told him I'd protect him forever, and then-"
 
Celery let out a choked sob.
 
"You can't let me live, Marron."
 
"... Celery..."
 
Celery looked back up at Marron, his hands on Marron's shoulders.
 
"I'm going to lift the Farra Kinju on you now, Marron... that was the magic that convinced you that you were ever anything to do with us in the first place."
 
"Celery, no..."
 
"Yes."
 
Celery leant forward, his contrary triangle glowing as he held his forehead against Marron.
 
"... At last, you can be free..."
 
"NO! I won't LET HIM!"
 
It was as if Celery had hit a barrier; he was thrown back against the bathroom wall, shocked.
 
"... Marron?!"
 
Again, Marron had fallen to his knees, crying out uncontrollably. Celery was reminded of the time back when they'd fought the Sorcerer Hunters... when he'd tried to go into Marron's mind... when there'd been those two Marrons that he'd seen... was that... something like this?
 
"... MARRON!"
 
When Marron looked up... it was Marron, but there was something about his eyes that brought a chill to Celery's spine. Not his calm, delicate, stormy-blue eyes... they shone with a dark fire, a dark, demonic fire... when Marron spoke, it was his voice, but not his voice... almost as if someone was talking alongside him, someone talking in a forbidden, dark, archaic tongue...
 
"I won't let you separate me from this body..."
 
"Marron?! MARRON! Marron, what's wrong with you?!"
 
Celery leapt back from the bath, gripping Marron's shoulders again.
 
"Marron, what's happening inside you... Marron...!"
 
Celery tried to look into Marron's mind, but all was darkness, for a moment... then Marron grabbed Celery by his shoulders, throwing him to the floor, showing his mind to Celery.
 
Celery screamed when he saw what was there; not just seeing it, but feeling it... feeling the confusion, the sheer evil power that was there... fire and flames burnt into his mind, everything forbidden seemed to sweep around, everything that was sinful and malevolent seemed to be there, in Marron's mind...
 
Reality snapped back to Celery, he looked at Marron, who smirked. His head pounded and his body hurt... what had happened?
 
"Marron, what was... that?"
 
"That is what I am now. Marron is sealed away... much as I was. Bound and contained by other Sorcerers, now I inhabit the body of a Parsoner... I thank your brother for unleashing me, Celery... even if he couldn't control me, he unleashed me, and I thank him for that... and I thank you for killing him. I was able to control this body through that... and this is indeed a much stronger vessel for my powers. Again, I thank you. So long I have slept... Qeran never knew the evil it held within it."
 
"... Marron?! What are you saying?"
 
"You don't need to keep calling me that, Celery. I have his body, but he himself... he's sealed away. He might never awake again. However... he does amuse me, such a pure soul... I imagine I'll have some fun with him before I... yes. You mentioned his friends and his family... that would be... Carrot Glacé and those others in Facade, would it not? Perhaps I should go there next..."
 
Marron went to go to the door; Celery felt hopeless; what had just happened? Not only had he killed his brother, but... what had happened to Marron?
 
"What's happened to him? The Farra Kinju... was it a form of Creet, and we never realised? Something that goes out of control when activated by a weak Sorcerer..."
 
Marron looked over his shoulder, smirking at Celery.
 
"I can hear you, Celery."
 
"A-ah? Then... then tell me what you are! A form of Creet?"
 
"You think I'm too powerful for that."
 
"... I do... but what more can you be?"
 
Marron leant close to Celery's ear, talking in a whisper.
 
"The Farra Kinju took form in this boy's dreams, caused his uncertainty, caused his nightmares... I am the ultimate form of that magic. Until your brother died, I couldn't monitor those dreams... those dreams and mindscapes were his own doing, Celery..."
 
"But who are you?"
 
"I am the last form of this magic. The last form of the Farra Kinju."
 
"So you're... you... you're the Farra Kinju... personified? I don't understand!"
 
"I haven't finished, Celery. The last form of the Farra Kinju... the Sorcerer Aboros."
 
Celery stepped back in shock.
 
"What!? No, that's not possible! Aboros is the Sorcerer who created the Farra Kinju... he died! Died through disease, or something like that..."
 
"That's what everybody said... but if my life had been claimed by something as uncertain as disease, how would I have known to seal this magic away in time? No, not only by disease. The magic I created was too powerful even for my own body... I sealed the magic away... and I sealed my soul away within it. My body may have been claimed by disease and fatigue, but... it was weak. Your brother's body was weak also. You're weak. I've removed my hold from you, you're free to live, secondary vessel. This body has potential to be strong... and I will take hold of this world with my magic... my magic, and this body."
 
Celery had been edging towards the bath as Aboros spoke. He picked up his dagger from the bottom of the bathtub and threw it at the apparition with speed; he noticed too quickly, though, and stepped aside.
 
"Tch, Celery. You think I'll let you kill me? Ah, but you didn't want to kill Marron, I thought..."
 
Celery spoke bitterly.
 
"And you think I can really save him? I'd rather kill you and sacrifice that boy than let you live. I'll kill you... I'll kill you for everything you DID!"
 
"And what did I do, Celery? I lay near-dormant until this moment. All that your brother did, that was his own being. I didn't try to poison his mind; he did that himself. Now, Celery, I really can't wait. You told Marron you wanted him to kill you. Marron's otherwise engaged... would you like me to kill you instead?"
 
Celery scowled, "I wouldn't want somebody like you to kill me..."
 
He took a defensive position, half-expecting to be killed anyway.
 
Marron's face stared at Celery for a moment, then turned his back on Celery.
 
"Alright. I leave you here with your brother's dead body. Do what you will, Celery Salt. You are of no concern to me. Now, these friends and family of Marron's... I hear one of them houses the God of Destruction within him... Hakaishin... doesn't that sound powerful? I'll kill him. I'll kill him and take that power for my own."
 
"You think you can take a God's power?!"
 
"I can have fun trying to find out. Goodbye, Celery."
 
And he left.
 
Celery fell against the bathroom wall, feeling suddenly drained. He sat against the lowered lid of the toilet seat, shaking, staring at the closed bathroom door.
 
Radish was dead. Marron was sealed away somewhere. The present incarnation of a very dangerous and very powerful Sorcerer had been unleashed through his own hand. Said Sorcerer was on his way to fight a god, and attempt to take the power of the god for his own.
 
No matter how many times Celery looked at the situation, all looked hopeless.
 
What had he done?
 
****
 
Milphey's eyes snapped open.
 
He sat up in bed, scratching his neck, trying to figure out quite why he'd woken up so suddenly. He looked around; it wasn't as if anybody had walked in, or anyone had summoned him, or anything... even so, he had some kind of strange feeling, as if something wasn't quite right...
 
He looked out of his window. The weather wasn't exactly beautiful... he shrugged, stretching. Maybe it was just the grey dull cloudy morning making him feel a little less than chipper.
 
Well, no reason to abandon usual daily duties. Milphey walked into the bathroom, and proceeded to run a bath for himself. He wondered when Big Mama would call for him... still, it was early. There'd be time for a quick bath, at any rate.
 
Milphey took his bath, quietly cleansing himself, readying himself for daily duties. Half of him felt excited, the other concerned. Whatever happened... it'd be exciting, wouldn't it? It'd be interesting to see what'd happen, anyway. He decided that that was a better frame of mind than the alternative, and decided not to wonder what'd happen if it all went wrong, and something did happen to Marron...
 
He leant against the back of the bath, his arms on the edges, holding him in position. He stared up at the ceiling. At the very least, Marron was only human; he was going to die anyway, surely? At the most blunt, if he died, that'd be that. If not now, then in about seventy years. It'd be sad, but even so.
 
However, Marron was not the only one to consider. Milphey knew as well as anybody else the relation of Tira, Chocolat, Marron and Gateau to Carrot; not only as friends, family and comrades, but... there was also the matter of them being the present incarnations of the Four Peer Gods, those who'd fought and sealed Hakaishin... Hakaishin, who resided within Carrot... Milphey remembered when Sacher had decided to take it upon himself to revive Hakaishin. Milphey shook his head. How could Sacher have hoped to control such an absolute power?
 
The mission had been to destroy the Platina stones, and the Sorcerer Hunters had done so... however, that had ended up with Gateau's eventual death, which meant that the seal over Hakaishin had been disturbed... Sacher had been twisted enough to be nothing short of a maniac anyway, but the fact that Gateau had died... that can't have helped. No, definitely not. Sacher had brought Gateau back, that had been amazing, but... if Marron died... what would happen to the captive dormant god within him? What would that do to Carrot? While it wouldn't resurrect Hakaishin on the spot, it'd definitely spell doom should any other crazed lunatic such as Sacher Torte want to revive Hakaishin...
 
Milphey sighed at the ceiling. He'd do his best to protect Marron, in any case.
 
He yawned as he stood up, stepping out of the bath onto a waiting towel, running the water out of the bath. Milphey took another towel and took it to his hair, that which'd got wet.
 
As he did that, he heard a door slam; he wasn't sure who was in the rooms on either side of him, so, he presumed that someone'd come into his room. So early in the morning... who would it be? The door to his bathroom opened; it was Sirius.
 
Milphey blinked at Sirius, who blinked at Milphey. Milphey smiled warmly, with just a hint of teasing.
 
"You changed your mind then, Sirius-chan?"
 
Sirius looked away quickly, throwing his hand in front of him.
 
"Nothing to do with that! Milphey, you've got to hurry, something's happened, Big Mama requests your presence now if not sooner..."
 
Milphey suddenly became serious, "Those were her words?"
 
"No, but close enough."
 
"Something's happened..." Milphey quickly dried himself off and ran into his bedroom, where Sirius had already found Milphey's clothes in a drawer, and was busying himself handing them to Milphey. Milphey proceeded to get changed.
 
"She said that something would happen... she didn't say what it was, did she? Oh, where did I put my- oh, here it is. She didn't say what happened?"
 
Sirius danced from one foot to the other, shaking his head.
 
"No... the other Haz Knights are already gone, though."
 
Milphey was tying his hair up with his white cloth as Sirius mentioned that.
 
"WHAT?!"
 
"Mm mm, when I was nearby, they weren't there, and Big Mama saw me, told me to get you quickly... come on, hurry up! She was watching this... orb thing, I could see forests... I assume they're the forests around Qerada. The other Haz Knights were already there..."
 
Hair now adequately tied back, Milphey rushed out of his room, followed by Sirius.
 
Reaching the main hall, Big Mama looked up quickly. Milphey took stock of the situation; Big Mama stood where she usually did, looking concerned; the orb Sirius had spoken of floated high in the hair, showing the Salt household; the four Sorcerer Hunters stood in front of Big Mama, who had Dota to her side. Sirius flew over to Dota, who glanced up at him with worry and gratitude.
 
"Mille Feuille, you've arrived... quickly, you must go to that household."
 
"Then... it's happened, then?"
 
Carrot spoke, "She already told us, Radish is dead. Still woulda liked to snap that bastard's neck myself, but that's not the point right now... 'cause... something else has happened..."
 
Milphey resisted the urge to throttle someone while yelling at them to hurry up and talk already. His stare went from Carrot to Big Mama.
 
"... Mamu-sama?"
 
She nodded.
 
"Not only is there the expected release of energy from the death of that Sorcerer... around that place... it's as if something has been released, something else; the other Haz Knights have a partial barrier around the house and it's gardens, but... that buildup, a disturbance of that magnitude..." she shook her head, "... that can't only have come about from Radish's death. I mustn't hold you here any longer; Mille Feuille, take your place and form the barrier; my Sorcerer Hunters, stay within that barrier and find Marron... and be careful. We can't know what'll happen in that place."
 
Before any of the others could raise any argument, Big Mama raised her hand, and sent Milphey and the Sorcerer Hunters on their way to the Qerada-Ehret border.
 
For a few moments after they left, the room was silent. Then Dota flittered forward, looking nervous.
 
"... Mama... Mama, what'll happen?"
 
Big Mama watched the orb steadily, then glanced to the floor, closing her eyes.
 
"What will happen? I can't say."
 
Dota sat herself on the ground, underneath the orb. She shook her head, looking slightly tearful.
 
"I don't understand it at all, though... everyone's panicking, and... there's magic and barriers and everything... why can't we just bring Marron back? I know something happened to him, and the Sorcerers did something to him, but... that Sorcerer's dead now, isn't he? So... why can't you just bring Marron back?"
 
"Marron is still not himself."
 
"Mama?"
 
"The feeling of evil from that household... after the death of one of those Sorcerers, the release of the magic... the magic should have been released into the atmosphere, rendering it harmless. The magic balance would still be tipped, and indeed it has, but... the feeling of evil from that household..."
 
Dota frowned, "... Evil, Mama?"
 
"Yes, Dota, evil. Something has been released in that household, and not only the magic that formerly belonged to Radish Salt... I can only hope that those children can cope with what they find there."
 
"But what about Marron? What's happened to him?"
 
On the orb showing the household, a black-robed figure emerged. Big Mama indicated up to the orb.
 
"Dota..."
 
"I can't see... is that Marron?"
 
"It is."
 
Dota shivered involuntarily, "... Why do I feel so cold just looking at him? Mama, what's happened?"
 
Big Mama sighed patiently, "Dota, I can't say what has happened... but... you asked about the barriers?"
 
Dota remembered that she had; she nodded.
 
"Y-yes..."
 
"My Haz Knights have formed a barrier that contains form but not magic; Marron cannot leave that place, but any magic released will be released into the atmosphere... were the barrier fully formed before the magic was released, the magic would build up within that barrier, and the effect would no doubt be destructive. However, once Mille Feuille takes his place within the barrier, the barrier will also hold magic, and, whatever effect the magic has on the area around, it won't effect that inside the barrier; during that time, that is when the Sorcerer Hunters shall hopefully locate Marron... but with the evil as it is... I cannot say if this is a good thing or a bad thing..."
 
"I guess the barrier's to stop them getting caught in an earthquake or something... like... like when there was that Sorcerer and the Magic Carpenter man and the place he made and that place disturbed the atmosphere too, and Knossos kept having earthquakes, and that was because of the magic there, wasn't it?"
 
Big Mama nodded at Dota, "Indeed."
 
"... Mama?"
 
"What is it, Dota?"
 
"If there'll be earthquakes and things around there, so much you've got to have a barrier... there are other places nearby though, aren't there? Like... Ehret, there's a town there... and Qerada... there's Qeran there, and probably other places... what happens to them?"
 
Big Mama looked sad as she looked at the orb.
 
"I can only hope that the repercussions don't touch that far into the world... should it happen, perhaps there's nothing we can do, but hope that those people survive..."
 
Dota flew back to Sirius, looking crushed.
 
"The world's not fair sometimes."
 
Big Mama was touched by Dota's feeling.
 
"That's true, Dota... it isn't."
 
She stood up.
 
"At that place... Celery is also at that place. I can feel him, but..."
 
A sigh.
 
Sirius frowned, "... but?"
 
Big Mama looked up at the two winged people, "... I wish I could rescue him, but I fear his soul is lost."
 
"His... soul?"
 
"I could reach out and rescue him, should he let himself be rescued... but where he is, where his feeling is... that place... is only darkness to my mind. This also worries me; Celery must stay alive, for the sake of the magic balance of that region, he must stay alive... but I fear that this task may be simply too great for him..."
 
Dota and Sirius exchanged slightly confused glances; Big Mama had a habit of speaking at length of things that only she knew about, this seemed to be one of those times.
 
Sirius sighed.
 
"Well... Radish was evil, wasn't he? Perhaps you just feel evil because he was evil, and that's his magic there, so the magic was evil... well, I don't know. But just as long as they rescue Marron quickly and easily, I don't see where the problem is... it's too bad for the people of Qeran and Ehret if they do die in an earthquake or something, but... that's not our problem, is it?"
 
"Sirius, we must just watch them and see what happens. Whatever the outcome, we can only watch."
 
Sirius still didn't feel like he understood.
 
"Well, alright..."
 
He tried to think of something to alleviate the situation; Big Mama and Dota just seemed so serious suddenly... he attempted a smile.
 
"Well... as long as Milphey's with them, I think they'll be alright. He really cares about those Sorcerer Hunters, and even if he is a perverted flirt half the time, he's always determined and ready to help the people he cares about, so, we don't need to worry!"
 
Big Mama realised Sirius' intent, and smiled gently.
 
"You spend a lot of time with Mille Feuille, don't you?"
 
Sirius scratched at his neck, "Well, not a lot of time, it's not like there's anything going on, I mean, not like that, but... well, yes, I spend quite a bit of time with him, that's true."
 
"Do you have faith in him?"
 
"Huh? Well... I think he'll do whatever you ask of him as best as he possibly can, and if he can't do something it'll mean he's died trying, if you see what I mean..."
 
"And those Sorcerer Hunters? Do you have faith in them also?"
 
"I guess... Carrot was really upset because of what happened to Marron, and all of them are close to each other... I suppose so, why?"
 
Big Mama smiled softly.
 
"Sometimes you just need to have faith in something... people's faith, people's love... it's a powerful thing, Sirius. A lot more powerful than some people might believe."
 
"... Right..."
 
Again, Sirius wasn't quite sure that he knew what Big Mama was getting towards; she seemed to have fallen silent, looking up at the shining orb. Dota was too, so he decided to follow suit.
 
For the time being, watching was the only thing they could do.