Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ And The Kid Who Just Stands Tonight ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Her dreams were tousled and weird that night, and it was almost a revelation when she finally woke up. Tira looked straight ahead, peering at the white sky and seeing a pair of birds flying calmly above. Mornings were quiet in their own way. She sat up on her half-comfortable mat and looked at her companions: Carrot was snoring in an almost singsong way, Chocolate was immersed in her blanket, and Marron and Gateau's mats were unoccupied. Tira frowned but decided not to pursue the two this time. She shivered, remembering the graphic imagery she encountered last night. Her heart hurt when she thought about it, and she wondered if Marron had love behind his kisses to Gateau. Or was it just to keep Gateau halfway satisfied? There were too many questions left unanswered, but she could not fret about them now.

Off in the distance, she suddenly heard a terrible scream. It harshly ricocheted through the trees, and alarm spread like fire over Tira. It sounded like Marron's voice. Her mind seemed torn in two as images raced through her mind. What was happening as she breathed just now? Hurriedly, she pulled on her shoes without thinking, and yelled at her sister and Carrot to get up, for there was trouble lurking out there. Out there in the stillness of a misty morning, their strange enemy hid in wait. She could feel it.

"Take this, bitch!" Tira, Chocolate, and Carrot were approaching fast as they saw Gateau plunge his massive fist into a dark, floating woman's neck. Tira saw that the woman had intense magical power, for she glowed with a weird aura that lit around her like a flame. When Gateau pulled his spiked knuckles out of her neck, blood spurted where his fist made contact. Seemingly this would damage the woman, but the she simply glared menacingly at Gateau, her eyes filling with a golden light, indicating a forthcoming retaliation.

"Look out, Gateau!" Marron yelled, flinging a magical card rapidly at the woman's dark forehead. She paused, deadened for a second as the paper clung to her head, diminishing her power for merely a second. Her eyes dulled to a black tint again, and she peered at the newcomers. The ofuda peeled off quickly, but the woman's attention had been redirected, thankfully.

"Ah, you actually have the need of help, eh? You stupid Sorcerer Hunters can't beat my Lady, so I'm taking care of you now." The dark-skinned lady grinned menacingly, her flowing cobalt-colored robes billowing prettily in the wind as she hovered a few feet off the ground. She sported several gold necklaces and a glittering jewel-encrusted headband that contrasted greatly with her cascades of wavy black hair that shimmered behind her. She was starkly beautiful, but her heart shone through her mask as a pure fluid evil.

"Who are you?" Tira spurted at the beautiful woman who was somehow declared her enemy. Gateau rubbed his hands together as he gritted his teeth, apparently angry that he had not inflicted much damage. Marron, Carrot, and Chocolate stood off a few feet to the side, each ready for a sudden attack from the mystical woman who floated before them.

"I'm Mead, Lady Creme's highest subordinate! I'm lucky to be a servant to the greatest sorceress in this land. Her power is such that none shall oppose it, and her power is only second to that one you call Zaha Torte." The hunters stood in silence as she grinned at them. It was so sudden, Tira thought to herself. Standing here, facing another enemy. Was this always to be what they were to face? Would it ever end? Tira thought with bitter distaste as she watched the woman who hovered several feet away, the mist swirling at her feet like water. She was no different than any of the sorcerers, or the minions that carried their masters' wills on them, laden with fury.

"I'm getting paid extra by my Lady to take out you insignificant so-called Sorcerer Hunters. Supposedly, you've killed off a few of the Sorcerers, but I'm afraid you've met your match this time." The woman sneered at them, and Tira and the others simply watched, cautiously waiting to see what this sorcerer minion could do.

With a smirk, the minion Mead raked her nails across her body, spewing bluish blood from her lithe body, while the group stared in wonder. As it sprayed the ground, the group quickly stepped back further in anticipation and fearful anxiety. Tira and the others gasped, for Mead was injuring herself and not doing anything to damage them instead. What was she doing? The blood continued to spill, staining the soft moss under their feet, and she writhed in what seemed to be not pain, but a meaningful pleasure. She smiled weakly as her cuts deepened by her own hand. Marron swiftly stepped even further back, tenderly holding one of his rigid cards in wait. The hunters' silhouettes against the cool morning mist beyond the trees provided an eerie spectacle, and even stranger was the now contorting form of the minion Mead as she drained herself of her own azure blood.

Mead was covered with deep cuts and wounds, open and bleeding, her blood like thick paint spilling over her dark skin. She dropped to the ground, falling in a heap of torn garments and pools of her own liquid. She didn't move, and several moments passed as the hunters watched, without daring to breathe.

Finally Carrot got fed up. "What the hell is this?" he blurted, and drew his sword. "She's practically already dead!" and he ran, lunging for her, swinging his sword up high over his head, readied for the final devastating chop. In the brief two seconds that Carrot took to draw his sword, Mead awakened, and the blood around her crystallized into sharp spear-like weapons, almost icicles. Carrot's eyes darkened as he saw the first hurled spike being violently pitched in his direction. The spike raced for him, rushing, like a breath of the wind, and in a single transmission of lucky thought Carrot was fast enough to raise his sword to block the onslaught. The spike clamored to the ground, cutting several feet of the moss in a flying spray of weeds, sudden as if a scythe had been swung. Carrot had barely been harmed, but it was evident on his dark face that this angered him, vastly. He slowly raised his eyes to Mead, eyeing her with eyes that reflected his true god. Tira and Chocolate looked at each other slowly, almost in a comic fashion. Then they nodded to each other.

"Ohohohohohohoho!!" They both shouted, leering, as they violently exploded from normal attire to their rather exposing battle forms. They drifted to the ground, each woman holding her own. Chocolate had her reason to fight, and Tira had hers. Once, a short time ago, that reason would have been one and the same, but now, it was different. Tira didn't need love to fuel her hatred; her heart had grown out of that. Tira raised her leather whip close to her, watching their adversary with hawk-like precision. Her every move would be carefully scrutinized, and they would strike. She could almost feel her own heart beating as the weight of the world seemed to be upon her, as it always is when she felt fear tickling her soul, tempting her to back down. She saw Marron in her peripheral vision, waiting, patiently, like she was. He was not afraid. He never was. So she would not be afraid, either.

With a single intake of breath, Tira and Chocolate moved on the limp body of Mead almost simultaneously, without a second to let the woman even prepare her lethal spikes of her own blood. Mead gasped as the leather beatings raced across her back, opening new cuts. She was losing too much blood, and her eyes began closing. Her pool of blood she laid in was slowly drying up, her garments showing no sign of stain. Her form was shrinking ever slowly, and she could barely whisper.

"You," she croaked, "didn't let me finish."

"Damn straight," Gateau yelled out, attempting to rush forward to knock the woman into the next world. But Chocolate raised her hand, motioning for Gateau to stop then and there. Gateau, confused, looked at her. There was a fierce look of remorse in her eyes, shimmering in a pool of blue. Tira noticed it, as well, and it was somewhat alarming. Why was there that pained look of regret at the death of their enemy?

"Chocolate?" And at that mention, Tira felt a deep pain in her stomach, like a thousand knives had suddenly been plunged into her tender side. She looked up, with pain. Her own sister leered down at her, her blue eyes suddenly a liquid silver, her fist raised above her, dripping with crimson blood. She didn't question, she could not. Tira glanced at her side, where her dominatrix uniform was torn on the side, and she saw that the blood Chocolate held up like a prize was her own. She coughed violently, and saw a flash of white dimming before her eyes, and she could not breathe. The last thing she saw was Marron's pure face, with concern, running from a few feet away, his silhouette strikingly beautiful in the midst of the pine trees...