Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ And The Kid Who Just Stands Tonight ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The hot springs were fragrant, steamy pools that seemed to welcome Tira in a sensual sort of way. Everyone was indulging in this hot relaxation, except Marron. Tira did not know why he wasn't enjoying the rejuvenation of the springs himself, for he was always one to appreciate this sort of thing. Marron enjoyed privacy and thought, so why wasn't he here? Tira wondered this alone, watching the reflection of the blue sky shimmer in the hot waters of the spring, the peaceful aura emulating into her very soul. She took several deep breaths, and smiled, letting the warmth enwrap her body, healing her. Nothing could disrupt this wonderful moment in which she had no immediate worries about anything. She could forget..

"Hello, Tira," a smooth but silkily saddened voice sounded, as a sleek body emerged in the spa. Tira found no words to say, for she saw it was her sister. She could say but one thing.

"Chocolate."

"Tira," Chocolate came closer, her long red hair dipping further into the steamy waters, darkening it. Tira looked at her sister's face, and she saw a familiar pain etched there. A pain called regret.

"I'm so sorry," Chocolate murmured, her voice choking. Her eyes were welling up with pain, and Tira was obtusely shocked. Chocolate, her forever strong sister, weeping? And moreover, in front of her? She could not believe it, yet here her sister stood before her, apologizing for nearly taking her life. Tira let a tear slide down her own cheek, and she floated forward and embraced her sister.

"I know why it happened," Tira said smiling, "And you don't have to worry about it any more." Chocolate look relieved, the mere words taking a weight called guilt off her shoulders. Tira knew she could not help it, for possession is hardly the victim's fault in the least.

"I know," Chocolate weakly smiled, floating a few feet back, sinking into the spa. "But I do worry about the others. You do know that they all were injured pretty badly, even Darling." Chocolate's use of the word "Darling" shimmered through her guilt as a reflection of her true self. Tira was glad her sister was okay, but she frowned at her words.

"What happened? When I was hurt?" Chocolate emitted a look of surprise.

"Gateau didn't tell you? I can't believe he didn't tell you!" Chocolate looked inevitably alarmed.

"What? What happened?" A sinking fear swept over Tira like wave.

"After Mead collapsed, Lady Creme appeared, and," Chocolate gulped, "we had no choice but to fight her. Tira, she was like no sorcerer we've ever fought. She wasn't even of this world," Chocolate bit her lip in sadness. "She said she was a fallen angel, and looking at her, I could believe it."

"What? A fallen angel? What do you mean?" Tira could see nothing but flashes of a woman with white angel wings and a contorted evil smile.

"She said that she had wanted so much to live on earth, and have power over a land like God has control over the universe. She said that as an angel she opposed God, and she was expelled to Earth which turned out to be a bad mistake. On Earth, she says, her body slowly dies as it was supposed to live eternally in heaven. She feeds her withering body with the blood of man, and controls her economical power in that town of Ayumi." Chocolate took in a deep breath, tired from her long speech.

"So Sierra, that waitress, wasn't entirely correct about her, then," Tira contemplated, thinking deliberately, her mind questioning still. "So those traders she killed for two reasons."

"Yep. Blood and money." Chocolate grimaced. "And she almost succeeded in killing us off as well. She scratched up Darling, Gateau, and me," she waved off all the names in weak gesture, as if they were unimportant, "But the one she really, really injured was Marron."

"WHAT!!!" Tira accidentally gulped nearly a gallon's amount of the hot water in her terrible surprise. "You're kidding me, I hope," she said, choking on the water.

"I wish I was." Chocolate said sadly. "She mustered up this awesome spell, and her whole body looked like it was afire. Then she lit Marron on fire as well, and some immense connection passed between them."

"Is he alright?" Tira's words were fringed with concern and fear. Her mind jumped from one conclusion to another, and her heart began beating so fast.

"He hasn't said a word since she attacked him." Chocolate shook her head.

"I've got to check on him," Tira said determinedly. "I won't have anything bad happen to Marron-chan." And she began advancing towards the shore a few feet away.

"Oh, Tira?" Chocolate interjected boldly.

"Eh?"

"Do you love him?" Tira struck a bolting glance at her sister, looking scandalized. Chocolate was smiling.

"It's so obvious."