Sorcerer Hunters Fan Fiction ❯ Unnoticed Feelings ❯ The Attack ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

-Konnichiwa, Minna-san!! ^-^ I'm here again! I'll just skip all the jibber jabber. Tira-chan!!

Chibi Tira: She doesn't own anything, but the fic. And here's one more section barrier thingy:

~<blah world>~ = switch between the worlds (living, limbo, deceased)

-Good! Remember! This is what happened during the attack. Oh! I forgot to tell you this before. The fic happens 3 years after the big battle with Zaha. Now let's get this over with!! ^-^

@.@

*~UNNOTICED FEELINGS~*

Chapter 1: The attack

The night seemed normal enough. The moon shined through the vague clouds. Chocolate Misu had just dressed into an oversized white t-shirt to sleep in. She soon found herself staring up at the moon with longing in her eyes as a sigh was released from her throat, a thought passed her mind.

"He knows I care for him ... But he doesn't know I love him ... Haven't shown him enough?" Her pleas not answered by the solemn moon hanging in the sackcloth sky. Silent tears threatened to fall, but the elder Misu sister blinked them away. <Does his heart belong to someone else? Is he destined for another soul?> Only silence greeted her. She walked up to the large stained glass windows and looked out upon the vast countryside. Another sigh resonated from her lips.

"Will he ever see me more than a close friend?" The silence did nothing to comfort her and the moon didn't help, it's firm expression mocking her. That did it, the tears she tried so hard to hold back began to fall. Tears of pain, anguish, betrayal, loneliness, fear, and heartbreak came in silent sobs as their owner collapsed onto her knees. Chocolate just sat there, crying her heart out. Suddenly, she sensed a strange presence in the room, but it was too late.

The feel steel tearing through her flesh shocked her that she didn't even feel it. When the feeling was gone, Chocolate landed on her back, staring blankly at her attacker. He smirked lightly at her empty expression and started to cut her arms, legs, and torso, but left the head and neck alone. The attacker threw her about the room, allowing her freshly cut wounds to spill their crimson tears all over. Finally realizing what was happening, Chocolate came crashing back to reality with a sudden urge to hurl erupted from the pit of her stomach. The floor was immediately covered with nothing but blood. Regaining her ground, the redhead transformed into her fighting suit and readied herself. Unfortunately, her injuries were getting the best of her. She tried her best to block the advances, but failed miserably. Right then, she felt weightless and saw bits of multicolored glass fly along side with her.

Something registered in her mind that the cold night air was wrapping itself around her form and she landed outside the palace on the slightly damp grass with a sickening crack. Taking in the pain, a heart-wrenching scream burst from her burning lungs. Cursing under his breath, the attacker jumped out of the window a few moments later right before voices could be heard from Chocolate's room. He slowly made his way to Chocolate, letting her feel her strength slipping through her wounds. Finally reaching her, he kecked and punched the usually unbeatable whip wielder. Getting tired of playing, the attacker picked up the loosing female.

A scream came from inside and a short raven-haired man carrying a sword jumped out of the window. Carrot Glace quickly advanced with his sword aimed at the attacker's heart. Smirking triumphantly, the attacker jabbed his sword deep into Chocolate's neck. Chocolate willed enough strength to whisper one word at her beloved with her dying breath.

"Darling ..." Then all was engulfed into darkness.

~<LIMBO>~

Chocolate's footsteps echoed through the desolate blankness of her limitless white surroundings. She surveyed her surroundings, but there was no sight of anyone or anything. Suddenly, the thoughts of before rushed at her. Quickly she checked herself for any sign of injury of some sort. There were none. Though she did find out that she was now wearing a gorgeous white sundress-like garment that came right above her knees. The dress was a work of silk, cotton, lace, and pearls. Expensive white shin-high boots adorned her feet. Her attire, however, did not sway her mind from her thoughts of the attack.

"Does this mean I'm dead? Is this the after life?" She took a glance around, but still found nothing. Walking blindly, Chocolate soon caught sight of a green area. The redhead picked up the pace and soon found that the green area was a large tuft of tall, healthy grass. She cautiously stepped onto the grass covered ground and found it stable. Images of her childhood flooded back to her as she closed her eyes and ran her hands over the tall stalks. A sigh of pure bliss escaped her parted lips as she recalled the most precious scenes of her past. Slowly, not wanting to leave the memories of yesterdays, Chocolate open her eyes. The vast white world was no longer around her, but an endless field of green.

"Where am I? What's going on?" Giggles filled her ears. Summoning her whip, nothing happened. The older Misu sister tried again to transform into her battle outfit, but failed.

"It's not gonna work, ya know. You can't summon any weapons in this world." Chocolate turned around and found a 7-year-old version of her. The little girl smiled sweetly and giggled, Chocolate just blinked and rubbed her eyes.

"Who are you?" Another erupted from the lips of the child and curtsied.

"I am you conscience. You can call me `Choco', though." Chocolate sighed in frustration and rubbed her temples.

"I must dreaming."

"Bingo!!" Choco winked and snapped fingers, Chocolate just blinked.

"This is a dream, but it is also reality. It is the place exactly between life and death. It`s what you`d call a limbo; a place between life and death. In this world you can do anything your heart desires. All you have to do is will it and it shall be done. Though the only real limit is that you cannot summon any being from the world of the living here, but you can from the world of the deceased. You can`t do anything that involves the living world, though you can enter their dreams and watch the world in the `sky` above. Just concentrate it and what you desire will come true. Why don`t you--" Chocolate clamped her hand over Choco's mouth.

"Your rambling is getting on my nerves. No more out of you, understand?" Chocolate's voice was low and deadly. Choco just nodded slowly and nervously. Chocolate seemed pleased with her reply and creased her brow in concentration as she looked upon the endless plane of grass.

"You don't necessarily have to think hard to will anything. Just a simple thought will do it. Take for instance when you first got--" A glare was directed in Choco's direction. The little Chocolate look-alike quickly quieted herself. A split second later, a large clearing of grass appeared as well as a big crystal clear lake. Clouds in the sky began to shift and fade to allow images of the living world to appear in their place. The images now seemed to be in like a movie form as Chocolate and her conscience watch.

~<LIVING WORLD>~ (starts off where Dotta is talking about Chocolate's condition before Carrot storms out)

There upon an infirmary bed lay Chocolate's living body. her breaths were even and steady with an occasional shallow gasp here and there. Also in the room were the rest of the Sorcerer Hunters and Dotta. Carrot was in an uncommon mood. He was leaning against the far wall from the bed with fists clenched, an unusual serious expression adorning his features. Dotta spoke suddenly in a sad tone.

"Her injuries are fully healed, but she lost a lot of blood and there is a chance of over exhaustion from recovery and the attack. I`m not sure she`ll completely heal, much less last any longer." Morning had come from the dreadful night, and sleep deprivation was evident on each face. An awkward silence settled upon the infirmary, worry etched on each conscious face in the room. Abruptly Carrot slammed a fist into the wall he was leaning on and stormed out of the room. Marron made a move to follow his older brother, but was stopped by Gateau, shaking his head. Sighing in defeat, Marron looked at the spot where Carrot had been standing a few moments ago. Cracks were spreading on the wall where Carrot had placed a frustrated blow.

"Leave him alone." Everyone looked at Tira who was too busy holding her sister's still hand and sadly gazing at her.

"He need time to think ... about what he feels ..." The uneasy silence filled the room again as a tear fell from the younger Misu sister's eyes. It was all too obvious that she was hurting because she knew her sister had won the heart of the man she herself loved. <I will respect his decision and help him realize his feelings for Oneesan. I won't let anyone ruin their happiness together. Even myself.>

@.@

-Man! That was short!! >.<

C Tira: Actually it was longer than the prologue. In the prologue, you dedicated a little less than a page and a half to A/N of the 5 total pages.

-I know that, but it's still short!! >.< By the way, where's Marron-chan?

C Tira: He's sleeping; stayed up all night trying to beat me at "Capcom vs. SNK".

-The fool. Anyways, since he's not here, do you mind doing the chapter question(s)?

C Tira: Nope! So here I go. If Chocolate's 7-year-old self is her conscience, does that mean that the kid in Carrot dream is HIS conscience? Am I really giving up on Carrot? What is going on?? Who is the assassin guy, already? Who's the old hag in the prologue?! Who are the other pairings?!! TELL US, SAKURA!!!

-*winces* Not with that tone I won't. So besides that, here's the preview for the next chapter. The plot will come FINALLY come in. We're gonna find out who the kid was in Carrot's dream and who the assassin really is. The old lady will make an appearance, too. And the other pairing(s) will come into play. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ^0^

C Tira: *sweat drop* Umm ... Don't mind her. Just send some reviews and/or flames. That's all I ask. Maybe then she'll act normal. *looks back at a still laughing Sakura Scout* Then again ...

JA NE, MINNA-SAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*~SAKURA SCOUT~*