Sorcerer Stabber Orphen Fan Fiction ❯ Velvet Flames ❯ Inevitable ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
:: Velvet Flames ::

Sorcerous Stabber Orphen

Disclaimer: I don't own Sorcerous Stabber Orphen or any of the characters mentioned.

Rating: PG

Pairings: Krylancelo(Orphen)+Azari, Hartia+Krylancelo, Childman+Azari/Azari+Childman, eventual Krylancelo/Majic

Warnings: AU, possible shounen ai, dark stuff

Changes: Orphen will, for the most part, be known as Krylancelo, at least for the first few chapters

Notes: Erm... Another short filler. I'd make it longer, but that might make it worse. Though it doesn't look it, this chapter is important to the plot. Um... Kind of. In a way. ^^;;; Yeaaaah... This is all actually going to lead into the first series' plot, so... Yeah. Just think of all this like an extended drama before the actual series.

Look! Azari makes an appearance! ^^;;




"Krylancelo?" a sleepy murmur came from his right. The addressed boy turned over on his side, raising an eyebrow as he propped his head on his hand. "Why are you awake?"

He shrugged one shoulder, as the other was aiding in supporting the weight of his head, and muttered, "I just can't sleep. Something's bothering me."

"Mm." A slight giggle escaped Azari's lips. He blushed, though it was too dark for her to notice. "Care to tell your big sister what?"

Krylancelo shrugged, trying to keep his voice down so as not to awaken either his teacher or the sleeping friend on his other side. "I can't explain it, really. I guess it's that Majic kid," he finally concluded, wrinkling his nose. "He looked for me before we left and--"

"I remember," she interrupted, muffling her giggles with a hand. "That cute child, right? The blonde one?"

Krylancelo snorted. Cute? The kid was far from cute! He was a pain to him, something he wished to be eased of. But to Azari, yes, a wide-eyed, innocent, golden-haired child WOULD be cute. He felt an uncontrollable surge of jealousy at the thought, though he tried to quell it.

"Sure," he muttered. "It just bothers me. He looked terrified. The brat was acting like I was going to leave him forever!"

He couldn't see it in the darkness, but he could picture Azari's expression. Her eyes would be masked, one fine eyebrow arched in both question and amusement. Ever since she'd found out about Majic's "obsession" with him, she had teased her adopted younger brother relentlessly. Unfortunately, Hartia had thought it would be fun to join in, which made Krylancelo cross rather quickly.

"It's sweet to have someone to care about so much at such a young age," Azari murmured thoughtfully. Unconsciously, Krylancelo's hand went to the necklace he still knew not of who had given it to him, clasping it in his fist gently. 'Someone to care about so much...' he thought absently.

"Don't you have someone like that, Krylancelo?" she asked, startling him out of his thoughts.

"I care about you, Azari," he said simply though his face flamed as he said it. She had no idea how much he really meant that. If only!

As he expected, she laughed softly. "I mean someone you'll want to be with your whole life."

Krylancelo started, shooting into an upright sitting position. Him and Majic, together for the rest of his LIFE?! The thought was terrifying!

He heard her snickers and knew that she hadn't meant that at all. Furious with himself, he settled back down and mumbled, "I... I might find someone like that someday," he lied. 'I've already FOUND her, damn it...'

"Mm," she sighed. "I already have."

He blinked rapidly, ice cold with shock. She had? When?

"Ever since the day we came here," she continued in a dreamy voice. He could picture her pretty eyes misting over with that look that he couldn't help but like. It made his heart jump unexpectedly; just imagining it did that. If this wasn't real love, he honestly didn't know what was. "I've known since the day we came here. When I realized it, whenever I looked at him, it was like meeting him all over again..."

Krylancelo grinned, though he quickly turned over in his sleeping bag and pressed his face into the thin pillow to hide it. It sounded a lot like she was talking about him. Even though the back of his mind argued that was impossible, he blatantly ignored it. In this case, he felt more content to ignore the truth.

"Someday," Azari was saying, catching his attention, "I'm going to tell him everything. I'll give him the most precious thing I can find... No, I'll make him something and put all my heart into it. When he sees it, he won't be able to help loving me. It'll be... Inevitable." She sighed softly in bliss, shifting to look over at Krylancelo who was staring at her in wonder, his face flushed and heart racing. "What about you, Krylancelo? What will you do when you find that special person?"

Had anyone but Azari asked, he would have been reluctant to tell. But he liked to please her, so he said, "I'm going to give them what means most to me and offer my protection." Short and simple, but he didn't have a way with words like she did.

She smiled. "That's just like you, Krylancelo. But you can't offer protection if you don't practice harder... Ne?"

Nodding enthusiastically, Krylancelo smiled back and made himself comfortable. He shouldn't have any problems sleeping now.

"I hope you find that someone soon," Azari whispered. "You may think you know who it is, but until the right time comes, you won't. Someday you'll look into their eyes and think, 'This is it. This is the person I can love unconditionally... Forever.' That will be the time for sure."

Krylancelo wanted to ask what she meant, but he was suddenly very tired. He only yawned in response, turning over on his side and closing his eyes. He felt troubled, however. He tried to picture himself thinking those exact same words about Azari, but they wouldn't come without the confidence he felt needed.

It couldn't be that... Azari wasn't the right person? But then, who WAS? He didn't KNOW anyone else so intimately, inside and out. Who else could it be?

His hand clutched the tiny speck of garnet imbedded in the slim golden band still hanging around his neck. He exhaled softly, feeling very troubled indeed. Who else could it be? It couldn't POSSIBLY be anyone else... At all...