Spider Riders Fan Fiction ❯ Chain of Command ❯ Beerain's Oppurtunity ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Spider Riders. It belongs to a combination of Bee Train, Koichi Mashimo, Yosuke Kuroda, Cookie Jar, Tedd Anasti, Stephen D. Sullivan, Funimation, Teletoon and probably others.
AN: Probably takes place somewhere around episode 16 or 17. That is, if it's not an Au. It's quite possibly AU, but the world may never know.
Chapter 1- Beerain's Opportunity
Aqune stood at the edge of the cliff by Mantid's fortress. She was silent and unmoving. Little thought entered her mind. Calmly, she let the cold air hit her as she stared into the darkness all around her.
Unbeknownst to her, she was being watched. Of course, the one responsible for this was Buguese, because he was always doing so.
“What are you thinking about, Aqune?” wondered Buguese, not knowing how clear of mind his dearest currently was. What was on Buguese's mind was obvious though, at least to the ones who happened to be watching him. One of these individuals was Beerain, who was of course disgusted by Buguese's current concerns.
“How boring,” Beerain thought to herself. “Buguese is still enthralled in his little human power-source. I hope we can discard of her soon.” Unenthusiastically, she flew away though.
The other who was watching Buguese was a lesser-known Insector. Although he lacked the prestigious rankings of the others there, that did not mean he was of low status. He was a top commander by the name of Cicadon. He was far from satisfied with just being a commander though. He desired to be on the Big Four and was less than fond of those already on Mantid's most elite team, especially Buguese.
“Commander!” called the voice of a soldier from behind him. “I heard word that we'd been going on a new mission soon. Is that really so?”
“Yea, that's correct,” said Cicadon.
“Right then,” said the soldier nervously. “Because I had been wondering then which of the Big Four would be overseeing us.”
“What does that matter?!” Cicadon snapped. “The Big Four are just temporary. Once Mantid-sama is victorious, they will be disbanded and the power will fall into the hands of others… such as myself.”
“You don't like them much, do you?” The soldier asked.
“Hardly,” said Cicadon. “There was a time once where I had the chance to be on that team. However, in the end I was denied it. Therefore, it annoys me to see the current members act so high and mighty all the time. All that they are are Mantid-sama's biggest pawns. Buguese disappoints me most of all. I don't understand why they get all the privileges. He even has exclusive rights to the human girl that lives here.”
“So… wait a minute,” began the soldier. “Are you implying that you're interested in that human?”
“Perhaps I am,” Ciacadon replied “If only because Buguese has her now.”
“Finally, something interesting,” said Beerain, who had overheard them after she left Buguese. She decided to stay for longer and see just where the conversation between these two was headed.
“Well you know,” began the soldier, “I can't say I like humans much, but if that's your fancy, you could pursue her… Aqune I think her name is. Then you could take her for your own. Buguese could always share.”
“As much as I dislike Buguese, I wouldn't attempt to do such a thing without coming up with an efficient plan.” Cicadon replied.
“Yeah,” replied the soldier. “He'd have no remorse in going slice-and-dice on you with his sword. You do seem pretty strong, but I dunno. This kinda brings me to why we started this conversation in the first place. I was afraid that we'd have to deal with Buguese and his sometimes out-of-hand temper. The last time I had to, that wasn't fun.”
“I know,” said Cicadon. “I'd really like to be rid of him. Maybe then, if I was known as the one who defeated him, I could be a part of the Big Four.”
“I think I might just have an idea,” said the soldier. “I think you could actually kill two birds with one stone if you managed it. First, you could kidnap Aqune. Then, Buguese would want to reclaim her. However, what you would really be doing was luring him into a trap. Then when you defeated him, not only would you take his spot on the Big Four, but you'd also have his human.”
“That would be difficult,” said Beerain, landing down in front of them. “Yet at the same time, very intriguing.”
“I-it's Beerain,” the soldier stuttered.
“There's nothing to be afraid of,” stated Beerain. “For now anyway. I'm not going to stop you. You see, I think you could be useful to me, Commander Cicadon. I want to get that human out of the way. If you were to acquire her, that might be beneficial to me. I've noticed that you are very strong. However, strength alone won't help you in this endeavor. Aqune is a Spider Rider and therefore, she possesses great power as well. Aside from that though, she seems to have other abilities. Buguese believes that with this power, she will be able to save us. She would be a very difficult catch. I'm not certain how Buguese did it in the first place.”
“Well, then what do you propose I do?” questioned Cicadon.
“That's simple,” Beerain replied. She tossed a small vial to Cicadon.
“How is this going to help me?” asked the puzzled cicada.
“It's contents are the key,” Beerain stated. “It contains a special potion and once released, it will have the ability to paralyze her and temporarily subdue her powers. Enjoy.”
“Um… sure,” said Cicadon.
Beerain then left them. She laughed to herself in amusement.
“Of course, there's just one little flaw in their plan. Buguese isn't in the Big Four for no reason. He won't lose to you. But when my creation kills Aqune, I won't get the blame. Just Buguese's full attention.”