Spiral Fan Fiction ❯ BROKEN FEELINGS ❯ Death ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

sixth chapter: Death
 
It was a month after the sailing and Kaylen was lying at the roof. “I can't stay here for long.” He remembered the first day at school. He almost hated everyone and was only thinking about his job. He had received another job and this girl was easy to kill. He hated his life. “I should have let her live…” he said. A memory of his childhood ran through his mind and he shook his head to forget it. “That was my past. My future is here.” He heard his phone rang. He slowly answered.
“Hikari household, with Kaylen.”
“Kaylen? It's Kelly and Spike.”
“Euhm hi…”
“We have big news and we have to say it fast, but Kelly and Spike are moving to your city.”
“What? Why?”
“Because we bought a house there.”
“But you're only…”
“We're eightteen.”
“Oh. Well, should I wait at the airport?”
“Yeah okay. We're arriving at 10 o'clock tomorrow.”
“Okay. See you then.”
 
Kelly did the phone in her bag and leaned against Spike's shoulder. “We're getting a whole new live there.” “And we have a beautiful house.” Spike answered. He smiled and kissed her. “You can sleep a little. We arrive over 9 hours.” “Yeah…”
 
Kaylen jumped off the roof and landed before Eyes. “Hi.” “Are you always jumping from roofs?” “It's easy for a vampire to jump from high places.” “I know, I know.” “I have to go.” “Where?” “I'm not going to tell you.” “Kaylen. Tell me.” Kaylen ran away and Eyes, so stupid as he is, followed him. Kaylen ran to the church and entered. He stood stil before the cross. “Oh God of Heaven. Isn't there a way to let me stay here? I found the one I love. I don't want to leave. I know I'm a vampire and there's no way back, but isn't there anything I can do? I know I've killed many people, and now I hate myself, but they say that you have mercy for everyone. Even the murderers and the thiefs. I don't want to be an assassin anymore. I don't want to be… alone… anymore.”
 
Eyes entered the church and saw Kaylen. He saw that Kaylen was praying. “Why is a vampire praying?” he whispered. `Could it be that he's asking for mercy?' He walked to him, but Kaylen turned around and Eyes saw fiery eyes looking at him.
 
Kaylen got scared. “Eyes… why did you come?” “What are you doing Kaylen?” “Go away Eyes.” A little light flew to Kaylen. “Time to go Hikari.” “Yes…” Eyes took Kaylen's hand. “Don't go away.” Kaylen looked at him and kissed him. “Goodbye Eyes Rutherford. I love you.” “KAYLEN!”
 
Eyes fell on his knees and cried. The door opened and a man came in. “Boy, what are you doing here? Why are you crying?” “My friend is gone. He went here to pray and… and… a light took him away.” “God choose him. You're friend is in good hands now.” “But I didn't want him to leave! I loved him!” “We cannot decide who God takes away.” Eyes stood up and looked at the man. “I'm going home.” “Wait. Come, I give you some tea.” “Oh… okay…” “What was the name of your friend?” “Kaylen Hikari Twist.” “Oh… A famous name. A secret lies in his past. He came here a lot. To pray, and to listen to the ceremonies on Sunday.” “What kind of secret?” “His parents were killed when he was young. He didn't care about it, but when his brother died, he and his sister couldn't live on. Kaylen wandered through the city without a clue where to go. Kitty became an important person. She started to work at the queen's palace. Kaylen became a thief, but a man found him and raised him. That's when he became who he was now.” “He killed his own sister.” “I know. He didn't remember anything of his past, but when he came to your school he started to remember again. But he had to take the job to kill her. He couldn't say no.” Eyes stood up again and walked to the door. “I really have to go now.” He left.
 
The door of the church opened and a boy, totally dressed in white, came in. The man looked up and smiled. “Hello, hello.” “Good evening.” “Hav you had fun?” “It was nice. But It's nicer to be back.” “Yeah, yeah. That's almost true. I rather am there than here.” “Maybe.” The boy walked to the cross and smiled. “Thank you.”
 
Autor's comment:
Eyes: *snif snif* chapter six is up… But why… why?! The writer doesn't own any of the characters from Spiral.