Spirited Away Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ninja'd Away ❯ Bathouse Morning ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ninja'd Away
by theSKiEisFALLING
disclaimer: i don't own naruto or spirited away but i wish i did T_T

Chapter 9- Bathouse Morning



FLASHBACK


Chihiro started to go back inside when Aki grabbed her hand.
"Please... don't go."
Chihiro stared at him, her face heating up. "Okay..." she said softly.
Aki didn't let go of her hand. "I wanted to talk to you about the mission."
Chihiro gave an exasperated sigh, trying to pull her hand from his grip. "Oh please! Not that again."
"I'm serious. Things could get bad." He said. She kept pulling her hand away so he let go.
She crossed her arms. "Just how bad can things get?"
Aki shifted uncomfortably. "Well, it's like that you completely forget things, and everything would undo itself." He stopped, seeing the uncertain look on her face. "It's kind of hard to explain."
"I'm not going anywhere."
He sighed. "It's not physically what happens, not usually. It's like almost losing your memory."
Chihiro raised an eyebrow. "Okay."
Aki gave her an odd look. "Okay?? That's all? You could lose your memory and all you say is okay?!"
"Who cares? It's not like anybody will know that I've gone all psycho?!" she said loudly.
Aki shook his head slowly. "Chihi-"
"STOP IT!" she yelled hysterically. "I don't need anybody following around like my mother does! I can take care of myself!"
He took a step back, shocked. "But, I need to make sure-"
"You need to make sure of what? I don't need you to make sure of anything! I don't need you!!" she screamed. She stood there, panting. "Like I said, it's not like anybody cares about what about happens to me..."
"I care! I care about you more than you know!" shouted Aki, hurt and angry.
Chihiro blushed madly. "Oh yeah? I waited THREE YEARS for you to come back. THREE YEARS. It's sounds like you really care!"
Aki was too fast for her to it coming. After quickly muttering some things under his breath, she found herself unable to move.
"AKI!! What did you do??" she asked threateningly. She struggled against her bonds, mussing up her hair. Then she gasped. The invisible bonds were tightening, making it hard to speak.
"You can't... keep...doing this..." she forced out finally, falling limp against the bonds.
Aki smirked a bit. "I don't see you resisting."
"But..." Chihiro started, but she couldn't finish. They were too tight, she couldn't talk at all.
Worried that she might suffocate, Aki released his hold on the spell.
She fell weakly to her knees. Aki wrapped his arms around her. "I'm so sorry... Chihiro..."
"Then take her to the bathouse."
Aki pulled back, scared. "What?"
"I said take her to the bathouse." Chihiro's voice had become eerily familiar and her eyes had a dull blank glow in them.
"Take her to the bathouse," said Yubaba's voice. "That is, take her if you don't want her to die." Then Chihiro swayed, and fell to her side.
Aki stepped back, leaning on the outside wall for support. Things could go horribly wrong if they went back to Aburaya and yet... Aki buried his face in his hands. He didn't want anything to happen to her...


END FLASHBACK


Aki covered his eyes with his hands.

"Did you hear me?" Sasuke said loudly. "What's happening to her?"

Aki looked up wearily. "I was afraid something like this would happen." He stood up. "I need to talk to Kakashi-san."

Sasuke rose up from his seat. "You're not going anywhere Tanaka," he growled. "Not until you tell us what's going on." [a/n: I was sooo tempted to use "what's going down" but... xD that would be too gangstah for Sasukewouldn't it??]

Aki gave him a cold stare. "As soon as I talk with Kakashi-san."

Sasuke glared at him, and sat back down.

Chihiro nudged Sakura. "Look, he just dissed Sasuke-kun!"

"Yeah I know!"

"Kakashi-san?"

Kakashi looked up, wondering who would disturb his emersion into Come Come Paradise. "Oh, hello Aki. Can I help you?"

The boy sat down next to him. "Um, I wanted to talk to you about Chihiro."

Kakashi nodded understandingly. "You like her don't you? Well, the first thing you need to do is--"

"No Kakashi-san, uhh it isn't like that," said Aki turning red. "It's about... see, something that happened to her that... well..."

"Go on." said Kakashi.

"It's about the place where going... she got lost there three years ago. And that's where I met her. I was an apprentice there." Aki paused, then continued. "To make things short, when the manager let her go, her contract was gone."

Kakashi peered at him. "And she's not meant to go back or else something terrible will happen?"

Aki looked very taken aback. "Uhhh yeah. How'd you know?"

"Lucky guess."

"So what can be done to make sure that she won't get hurt?"

Kakashi shrugged. "Sasuke knows what he's doing. He'll watch over her."

Sasuke heard his name and looked up. When he saw Aki and Kakashi talking about him, he smirked. [a/n: ahahahaha...]

Aki slowly turned to glance at the raven-haired boy. "Uchiha? Are you sure?"

"Yes, I don't doubt his abilities. Don't worry."

Aki looked over at Sasuke with a look that could kill. "Fine."

Kakashi grinned from underneath his mask. "I was right... you do like her."

**********************

"Yosh!" said Naruto excitedly. "We finally made it to Abanana!" (Sakura: "Aburaya!")

It was true. They were now walking toward the bridges and past the rows of restaurants leading up to the bathouse.

Naruto grinned widely. "So what now Chihiro-san?" [a/n: EEEE Naruto's soo cute!! *faints*]

Chihiro didn't answer. "I don't understand it. I thought Lin-san would be out here working."

Aki put his hand on her shoulder. "Chi.... um, look, Lin may not be here anymore."

Chihiro gave him a weird look and edged away awkwardly. "Ehh.. thanks Aki-san."

'-San?? Why is she calling me that?' Aki thought, confused. [a/n: remember that -san is used if you don't know them well... and Chihiro lost her memory so yeah. Just to clarify ^^]

"Sakura-chan... why is Aki looking at me funny?"

Sakura turned and saw that Aki was indeed giving Chihiro odd looks. "I don't know."

"CHIHIRO-SAN!!" Picture Sakura and Chihiro with their hair blown back. "What are we going to do once we get inside?" asked Naruto, unaware of what he just did.

"For the last time Naruto-kun, my name is Sen..."

While Naruto proceeded to look confused, Kakashi pulled Sasuke aside. "Sasuke, can I ask you a favor?"

The boy didn't say anything but permitted to let his sensei finish.

"Aki is concerned about Chihiro's safety here..."

'Bah... what does that baka want now??' thought Sasuke angrily.

"... so I want you to look after Chihiro."

Sasuke raised his eyebrows. "Why...?"

"Strictly for safety reasons. Will you?

Sasuke smirked. "Sure... whatever."

"Good." said Kakashi and went back to his book.

Chihiro shaded her eyes and squinted at something. "Hey, is that.... Omigosh, I'm so dead!!" Her eyes widened and she started running at full speed toward the bathouse. "LIN-SAN!!"

The young pretty woman at the foot of the bridge looked up, about 18 and with a strong personality. "Sen? Sen?!?" She threw down her bucket and threw her arms around the younger girl.

"I'm sorry I'm late but let me help with anything I can!" said Chihiro apologetically. She began picking up various rags scattered about the foot of the bridge and stuffing them into the bucket. Then she ran back over the bridge and out of sight.

Lin called, "Sen? Where are you going?"

"Lin-san??"

Lin turned around and saw Aki sprinting after Chihiro. "Haku?? What are you guys--?" She broke off, staring at the four others running after him. She stuck out her arm and grabbed Aki as he tried to run by. "Wait a second mister, what's all this about?"

"It's No-Face, Lin-san. We're here to..." he panted.

Lin clapped her hands. "Oh, to get rid of No-Face? Excellent!"

There was a loud sneeze and Lin raised her brow at the odd four. "Can.... I help you?" [a/n: yes! the sneeze was Naruto! haha he might be doing that a bit...]

"Oh forgive me for not introducing... Kakashi, Sakura, Naruto, Sasuke... they're with me." said Aki.

Lin smirked. "Great just great." She turned to walk over the bridge. "Follow me."

Naruto ran to catch up with Lin. She gave him a onceover. "Hi..?"

"I am Uzumaki Naruto, greatest ninja ever!!" he said. When she didn't comment, he pouted. "I'm a lot better than Sasuke... see that angsty-looking kid in the blue?" whispered Naruto, pointing.

Lin nodded. "Yes... I see him."

"He's a dork!"

Lin snorted. "I can tooootally tell." She said sarcastically. Lin snatched Naruto headband right off his headband ("Hey!") and examined it. "You say you're the greatest ninja?"

"Hai lady!"

Lin smiled amused-ly. "Well, as of today, you are Uzumaki Naruto..." she tied the band on his head again. "... world's greatest cleaner."


**********************

"Lin? Who are these? Are they customers?" asked a tall boy around Lin's age. He had soft brown hair that matched his kind eyes.

Lin smiled. "No, Shuji, they're new workers."

Shuji frowned. "So they have a contract?"

Lin patted his arm, moving past him. "Don't worry, I know what I'm doing."

Aki tapped Lin on the shoulder. "Where did Chi.. Sen go?"

Lin shrugged. "Probably down to the boiler room... but Kamajii's not there anymore. He's been missing for quite a while."

Aki nodded. "And... who was that guy?"

Lin laughed. "Your replacement."

"Replacement?!"

She smirked. "Yubaaba was soo disapointed when you quit, so she hired a new henchman."

"Ah..."

Naruto tugged on Sakura's sleeve as they followed Lin and Aki down a corridor. "Sakura-chan... Lin-san told me that I was going to be World's Greatest Cleaner... What did she mean by that?"

"Oh!" Sakura didn't know either. "Lin-san? What did you mean by cleaning? Are we going to WORK here??"

"Yep."

"WHAT?!"

Sasuke watched Sakura with a bored expression and wondered where Chihiro went. 'She just ran off like that... where did she go? And we're gonna have to work here... man, I'm just glad I'm not Shikamaru...'

Lin led the group into a small room and switched on a light. "Okay... Sakura, stay with me. Just sit here." She pointed at the floor. "Seita? SEITA!!"

A young boy in gray appeared. "Yes Lin-san?"

"These are the new workers... thank goodness we went co-ed... show the boys where to change."

"Hai."

Seita motioned for Sasuke, Naruto, Aki, and Kakashi to follow him.Lin opened a few cupboards. "Hmm... Sakura... let me see..." She began rummaging through the pink clothes.

Suddenly a girl already dressed in the uniform appeared in the doorway. "There you are Lin!"

Lin turned around. "Sen! I was going to go look for you! Can you get Sakura a uniform? I'm going to go check on the boys..." And she left the room.

Chihiro smiled. "Here... Sakura-chan" she said, handing her a shirt, an apron and a pair of pants.

Sakura smiled. "Thanks... but why did Lin call-?"

Chihiro didn't pay attention. "Go change, and meet us in the hall." Then she left too.

"Alright."

After Sakura had put on her new uniform, ('How comfy are these?') she went outside.

Naruto, Sasuke, and her teacher were out there doning working clothes similar to hers except that theirs were gray. Sasuke had stubbornly refused to take off his head protector and it clashed horribly. Aki however, was wearing the same light blue clothes he had worn when he had worked there previously, although only Lin and Chihiro knew that.

Lin reappeared. "Oh good, you're all dressed." She raised an eyebrow at Aki. "You kept your old clothes?"

Aki shrugged. "I thought I might need them eventually."

Chihiro poked her head into the scene. "Hehe... hi." she said and joined the rest of them.

"Hey Sen." said Lin warmly. "Haku... the methods are a bit different since now there are guys working here as well..."

The others wondered who she was talking to until Aki went up to her and whispered the same thing he had told Zeniba.

Lin frowned. "Uh huh." She shook her head. "You really are weird." She said smirking.

"Wow, Chihiro-san and Aki changed their names!" said Naruto. He had a brilliant idea. "Hey, maybe I should change my name!" He said proudly to himself, contemplating what name to use. "I know! I should be Maruchan! Cause their ramen is good." The blonde grinned. "Except since I'm not a girl, I should be MaruSAN, hehe."

Then Naruto realized that he was the only one there. "Hey? Where did the others go?"


**********************

"Mmm.. the food is good here!" said Sakura.

Shuji, who had appeared to take them to a different room to eat, laughed softly. "I thought so too... but the kind of work evens it out. It's so tiring." he added.

"Sasuke, you've been so quiet. What's the matter?" asked Chihiro.

Sasuke shrugged and took another bite of his riceball.

Kakashi pulled out his book and began to read it when Lin snatched it out of his hand. "What the- hey give that back!" said Kakashi angrily.

Lin shook her head, smiling. "Sorry pal, but you're not gonna have time for reading. It's all work here."

Sasuke couldn't help himself. "You're going to have to BE ON TIME, Kakashi-sensei."

Sakura laughed while Kakashi muttered a few curses under his breath.

Aki suddenly looked concerned. "Hey... where is Naruto?"

"Tanaka's right... the dobe's gone missing."

"Oh shoot." said Shuji.

"Don't worry, we'll find him later." said Lin reassuringly.

Shuji shook his head darkly. "No, I forgot to tell you... Yubaaba's in today."


**********************

Naruto wandered in from a doorway. "Huh... I wonder what room this is..." He said to the ornamental vases and beautifully tiled floor. He walked over to a door on the other side of the room, about to knock when the elevator behind him began to move. Naruto looked around wildly, and ducked behind a vase as the doors began to open.

A young man with dark clothes stepped smoothly out of the elevator. He crossed over to the door and knocked.

"Yes? Who is it?" came Yubaaba's irritated voice.

"Yubaba-sama." said the man curtly, barely 19. His steely voice was all too familiar, and Naruto's mouth dropped open once he realized who it was."Ahhh... yes, come in." said Yubaba.

The young man went in and, after hesistating for a second, Naruto followed before the doors closed.

Naruto followed the stranger closely, nearly bumping into him when he stopped aburptly. He hid behind a wall, listening.

"You called me, Yubaba-sama."

"Yes I did. Any news?"

"The dragon boy and the girl are here in the bathouse."

Yubaba cackled. "Excellent. This calls for celebration. Would you like something to drink?"

The stranger hesistated. "No thank you, Yubaba-sama."

"Oh, alright. You may go," said Yubaba.

The young man bowed slightly. "Thank you, Yubaba-sama."

"Indeed. And while you're at it, please bring out the boy hiding behind the wall." Yubaba's voice said smirking, and Naruto froze. "I want to see his foolish face."

Naruto looked around widly to see if he could escape, but to no avail. Then he felt someone yank him to his feet and Naruto spun around to stare into the cold, sharingan eyes of Uchiha Itachi.



FWEEE! Yes Itachi is Yubaaba's helper. Or, E-touch-ee I like to call him lol.
Itachi: That's not very nice!
Me: Don't worry, 'Tachi-san, I'll take good care of you.
Itachi: Oh goody!
Sasuke: BUT WHAT ABOUT ME?!
Me: *Rolls eyes* Here we go again... R&R plz thanks!