Spirited Away Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ninja'd Away ❯ The Sixth Stop ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ninja'd Away

by theSKiEisFALLING

disclaimer: i don't own naruto or spirited away but i wish i did T_T

Chapter 8- The Sixth StopThe train slowly pulled to a stop just outside of Swamp Bottom, unknown to five shinobi inside.

Kakashi was still asleep, Sakura was sleeping with Naruto was leaning on her. Sasuke had fallen asleep in a sitting position. Chihiro had her head resting on Aki's shoulder, who only seemed to be sleeping.

As the trained rolled to a stop, his eyes opened slightly, and he sat up. Chihiro mummured something about needing an herbal soak token and fell silent again. Aki smiled and shook her lightly.

"Chihiro? Wake up... we're here."

"Mmmm--"

"Come on, get up... you lazy... cat..."

"What did you call me??" Chihiro sat up quickly and glared at Aki.

"N-nothing!!" said Aki in a small voice.

"Yes you did call me something!"

"What's all the noise? Are we here already?" Chihiro's yell had woken up Sakura, and she was pushing Naruto off her. "Move, stupid baka... ughh! I give up." She stood up from her seat, causing the blonde to fall to the floor.

"Owwie, Sakura-chan!" Naruto pouted at her.

But Sakura had crossed over to her sensei and was shaking him.

"Kakashi-sensei! Wake UP!!" she said crossly. But he didn't move. "Oh, whatEVER!" And she left him there.

Chihiro smiled a bit. "Sakura-chan, did I wake you up?"

Sakura smiled back. "No, Chihiro-san, Naruto was getting heavy."

"Hello, are we all ready to go?" Kakashi finally had woken up and he dusted himself off.

"Yeah, Kakashi-san. Let me just speak with the ticket inspector," said Aki, and he slipped through a door in the train car. A moment later he popped back out again. "Okay! Let's go."

"Wait!" said Sakura, glancing back at Sasuke, who was still asleep. [a/n: who would've thought that Sasuke liked to sleep in? >.<] "Sasuke-kun's still not awake!" She laid her hand on his shoulder. "Sasuke-kun, wake up..."

"You know..." she said cutely. "maybe you're just being shy..." [a/n: this is Sasuke dreaming btw...]

Chihiro moved closer to Sasuke. "I think I can help you..." she closed her eyes and moved her face closer to his.

Sasuke finally found his voice. "Chihiro s-san?"

"Shhhh." She had come even closer.

"What are y-you do--"

"HEY UCHIHA! GET YOURSELF OUT HERE, OR YOUR FOREHEAD PROTECTOR IS HISTORY!"

Sasuke jerked awake, looking around wildly. "What??"

Then he saw Chihiro dangling his forehead protector outside the train. "H-hey! Give that back!"

He jumped out of his seat and ran outside, and snatched the band away from her, fuming. 'Man, what was I dreaming about?! Damnit pull yourself together Uchiha!!' He shuddered, trying not to think about how his dream would have ended if Chihiro hadn't woken him up.

Chihiro leaned over to Sakura and whispered, "I think that did the trick."

Sakura smirked. "Nice one..."

"Hey guys! Look at this lamp thing, it's cool!"

They turned around to see Naruto peering curiously at what looked like a streetlamp with a foot. It squeaked, and began hopping away. When no one followed, it hopped back, and bent toward a grove of trees, indicating that they should follow.

Chihiro ran after it. "Come on guys!" And the others followed.

After a while the lamp led them into a familiar clearing, and Chihiro recognized it as Zeniba's house. The lamp lept up onto an iron archway and became still again.

Naruto's eyes were wide in awe. "OOOH! It's a house!"

"Of course it's a house, dobe, we're not dense like you." said Sasuke.

Sakura tugged at Aki's arm. "C'mon Aki-kun, Chihiro-san wants to go in there."

Aki gazed uncertainly at the house. "I think I'll just wait out here..."

"Why?" asked Chihiro.

"I don't think Zeniba-san truly forgave me for.... for that." muttered the boy.

Chihiro laughed. "Don't be stupid, let's go." she said and pulled him by the hand. Sasuke took note of this and frowned. Then he met Naruto's eyes, who smirked knowingly.

Chihiro knocked on the door. "Granny?"

The door swung open. "Come in, Chihiro. It's been a while."

Chihiro smiled and headed in with Aki. Naruto bounded in, followed by Kakashi and Sakura. Sasuke stayed where he was, looking hesistant. Chihiro rolled her eyes and grabbed his wrist.

"Chihiro, nice to see you again." Zeniba said smiling. She cast a cold glance at Aki. "Hello, dear. I trust you're keeping your promise?"

Aki gulped and nodded.

"Well that's good."

Naruto sneezed, and Zeniba suddenly noticed the other four. "Oh look Kamajii, they brought guests! Come, make yourselves at home."

Chihiro looked around and saw Kamajii working the spinning wheel. "Kamajii! What are you doing here??"

Kamajii winked and pointed to his throat.

"I'm afraid his voice is not what it's used to be." said Zeniba. "Yes, Hak-?"

Aki muttered something, looking at his shoes.

"I see. Well Aki, sit yourself down at the table." [a/n: ehh was that confusing? he was telling her to call him Aki cause she only knew him as Haku... srry]

Then Zeniba spotted Chihiro, who was still holding Sasuke's wrist. "Who's this Chihiro? I thought you liked Aki!"

Aki turned around sharply, his eyes blazing.

Chihiro and Sasuke blushed and she quickly dropped his hand. "N-no Granny.. it's not like that! This is Uchiha Sasuke, he's just a friend!" Her voice became normal again. "He was just being stupid and I had to drag him in."

Sasuke's cheeks were still tinted pink. 'What did that lady say? Chihiro likes AKI?!' He clenched his teeth, vowing to never let Aki ruin his chance to shine in front of Chihiro.[a/n: 0.o ehh easy there Sasuke]

"Tuck in." said Zeniba and everybody began to eat. "Now, who are you four?"

Naruto slammed down his spoon. "I am Uzumaki Naruto, obaachan, the greatest ninja ever!" He didn't notice that he had ramen on his face.

Sakura sweatdropped and wiped his face with a napkin. "Also the messiest... anyway. I'm Haruno Sakura."

Zeniba smiled. "And is this man your father?" she asked, guestering to Kakashi. [a/n: xD!!]

"WHAT?!" Cue scary lightning and thunder. Sakura fumed. "Kakashi-sensei?! MY FATHER?! NO WAY!!"

"Sorry for the misunderstanding... I'm their sensei, Hatake Kakashi." he said, not bothering to look up from his book.

"I see. Now, what are you six up to?" said Zeniba.

"That's what I was getting to, Granny." said Chihiro. "We... need a gold muffin," she said looking embarassed.

Zeniba started laughing. "I thought it might be something like that. I trust that it's No-Face again?"

"Yeah." she said. "He's at the bathouse, isn't he?"

"Yes he is. Do you need another ticket to go there?"

"Please."

"Well that can be arranged."

"Good." Chihiro leaned back her seat.

Aki gave her a little nudge. "Can I borrow you for a moment?" he asked smiling.

Chihiro blushed. "S-sure." She got up and followed him outside.

Sasuke watched the two go with narrowed eyes. 'Arghh, second time he's done that. What does he tell her? What does she see in him?' He leaned back in his chair.

"Jealous?"

Sasuke jumped. Sakura smirked and sat back in her chair.

"What are you on about?" Sasuke hissed. [a/n: my, how british. i think i've been reading too much harry potter lately ^_^]

Sakura gave him a weird look. "Come on Sasuke, I know you've been watching her..."

"Who??"

"Chihiro-san!"

"..."

"T hought so."

'Have I been that obvious?' He wondered.

Sakura patted his arm. "Hey if you like her, just tell her."

Sasuke looked at the floor. "You think so?" Then he seemed to realize what he just said. "Wait a- NO! Arrgh, what are you saying!?"

Sakura drew back, startled. "Nothing!!"

"Yeah right. What about you and Aki anyway?" Sasuke sneered.

Sakura gasped. 'What?! How did he know?' "I... I..."

"Hn. Looks like you and I are in the same boat, then."

Sakura drew in her breath. "So you're admitting it? You really like Chihiro-san?"

"..."

**********************

"What did you want to tell me, Aki?" asked Chihiro. She tucked her hair behind her ear. The both of them were leaning oustide of Zeniba's house and the moon was full and shining bright.

Aki said nothing. He glanced sideways at her. The he turned back to stare into nothingness.

Chihiro looked at her shoes, having nothing better to do. Then she started to get ready to head back inside, when she felt someone grab her hand. Chihiro turned around to see Aki staring back at her. "Please... don't go." [a/n: ehhh how sappy]

**********************

Sasuke pressed his ear against the wall, trying to hear through the other side.'What are they saying?' He relaxed and tried to use his chakra to help him hear through the wood.

"--can't... keep...doing this..." It was Chihiro's voice.

Sasuke tensed up. It sounded so weird, breathless and almost with a tremendous amount of effort.

"I don't see you resisting." Aki's voice.

"But..." Chihiro's voice again.

And that was all. Sasuke strained to hear more, but he couldn't hear anything. He finally gave up, hitting his forehead against the wall. 'Think, Uchiha, think! What could they have been doing out there?' Sasuke shook his head and realized that he may not want to find out.

**********************

"So, will this do?" Zeniba handed Kakashi a small muffin welded out of gold.

Kakashi examined the metal figure. "Hmm. This is good."

"And don't forget your train ticket." she handed him the piece of paper.

Kakashi lowered his head in respect. "With the most sincere thanks." he said. Then he looked around. "Sasuke? Sakura? Naruto?"

Sakura and Naruto looked up. "We're here."

"Where is Sasuke?"Sakura pointed to a corner, where the boy was sulking.

Kakashi sighed. "It's time to go... where are Aki and Chihiro?"

The words were barely out of his mouth when the door slid open and Aki stumbled in awkwardly.

Chihiro followed him a moment later, cheeks flushed and hair slightly messy, her eyes lowered to the floor.

"We're here, sorry." They both seemed to have a hard time catching their breath.

Naruto eyed them. "What have you been up to?"

Chihiro had an oddly blank look on her face. "Huh?"

"Sorry but that's our business." Aki muttered and looked away.

Sakura bit her lip and chanced a look at Sasuke. He looked completely normal, but she knew them better than that. Then she noticed his hands were clenched tightly and knew right away that he had seen what the rest of them saw, perhaps even more. She sighed. 'Poor Sasuke...'

**********************

The train ride to Aburaya was completely silent. Sakura had taken the chance to make sure Chihiro sat next to her, instead of Aki. Her plan had worked because Sasuke was now a lot calmer.

Chihiro tapped Sakura on the shoulder. "Sakura-chan... I think I'm losing it."

"Huh?" whispered Sakura. "What do you mean?"

"I can't remember anything that happened just now."

"Like what?"

Chihiro opened her mouth to answer, but then Aki caught her eye. She pointed at him. "Sakura-chan... who's that?"

Sakura gave her a weird look. "That's Aki!"

"Aki?" Chihiro gave her a confused look and continued to stare at Aki.

"Yes, Aki. Your friend." said Sakura, also confused.

"My friend?"

"What's wrong Chihiro-san? You act as if you've never seen him bef--"

Then it clicked. 'Oh!!' Thought Sakura, finally knowing. 'Wait, she can't remember things now? Then how come she still knows my name?' She shook her head, thinking that it would probably be less complicated not knowing. Suddenly, she became very sadistic. 'Hehehe, if she doesn't remember who he is, she can't like him right?'

"Yes, that jerk over there is Aki."

"A jerk huh? He does look like one." said Chihiro eyeing him suspiciously.

"Look, and he's all by himself too." said Sakura. She felt bad, but her plan was working!!

"How conceited!"

"Hey Chihiro-san!" called Naruto.

Chihiro ignored him and kept chatting with Sakura.

Not used to being ignored, Naruto went over to her and poked her arm. "Chihiro-san??"

Chihiro gave him the same blank look. "Who?" She looked around. "Are you talking to me? I'm not Chihiro, my name is Sen!"

Aki and Sasuke head's whipped around.

"Oh no..." moaned Aki.

Sasuke glared at him. "You know what's happening Tanaka?"

"It's the contract... it's taking its toll on her!"



Fweeheehee.... eight chapters and 200+ visits! THANKS TO ALL MY REVIEWERS!! Keep on R&R-ing!

What's In the Next Chapter!

- YAY! Team 7 and Chihiro and Aki have arrived at the bathouse!

- Who is Yubaaba's secret helper?

- Find out what really happened between Chihiro and Aki!

.... and much more! All in Chapter 9, Bathouse Morning!

SEE YA ON THE OTHER SIDE!!

~ oopsidontexist