Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time Fan Fiction ❯ Yaoi Ocean 3 ❯ Chapter Twenty-One: Farewell ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sorry this one came SO LATE. I haven't had internet for some time. Though the good news is that I have two chapters past this one written and ready. After some editing, I'll post those too.
 
Chapter Twenty-One
Farewell
 
In the morning after a light breakfast of fruits and breads, Fayt and Company once more headed out to Sphere 211. Gabriel had said that it would be a difficult and time-consuming trial. He hadn't been kidding, that was for sure.
Interestingly enough, the next boss battle disrupted the flow of every ten floors, there is a boss battle. This one was only a floor higher so it shouldn't have made much difference, but it was a bit disorienting. Human beings are creatures of habit and to have that habit thrown is, well, disorienting.
The creature that challenged them was a demon, an Arch Demon to be precise. Fayt was puzzled as to why all these creatures so desperately wanted to kill him though. For many of them, it was a bit like being revived and having a second shot at revenge, but what about all the creatures that they had never met or heard of before? Something else bothered him too—what had happened to that cute little girl with the giant spear from the Maze of Tribulations? Moreover, why did she seem to want to kill them as well? What had they ever done to her anyway?
The Arch Demon was a difficult fight. He could summon a creature that could MP kill anything close to it, which was devastating for anyone who had to be close range to fight and keeping their tank alive was trying. Nevertheless, using long range attacks and lots of healing, they prevailed, as what seemed to be the case for pretty much everything they had encountered so far. It might have made one feel invincible and awesomely cool, but it didn't. Instead, it was just annoying that everything they encountered seemed to want to kill them.
Another eleven floors, they came across another two familiar faces wanting revenge. Belzeber and Azazer. It sort of struck them as odd that Azazer seemed to have not gotten any stronger and only lasted about three seconds into the battle without exaggeration. Belzeber, however, had, but it was no real trouble as his attacks didn't actually do a whole lot of damage per hit and he was short-range only. There was one close call when he got too close to Sophia and she tripped trying to get out of the way, but nothing too serious.
Afterwards, the item won, Valorous Gauntlets, were unofficially given to Cliff, though they still needed to be refined and such.
Fayt frowned in thought as he looked around. “You know, we keep re-fighting people that we've met and killed or beaten before…” he said quietly.
“Do you have a point?” Albel demanded.
That was his point. Fayt looked up at Albel, feeling exasperated. He liked Albel, but the man could just as quickly give him a headache as ease his trouble. They had beaten him before too, and Crosell was here even though he wasn't dead. Would Albel appear here too? Some enraged version of him bent on destroying them all? It frightened Fayt, to tell the truth. Instead of saying so, Fayt looked away. “You ever think about that? All the people we've killed who are angry?”
“No.”
Fayt sighed, rolling his eyes a little. Of course not. He wasn't like that. He wouldn't ponder all the possibilities the way that Fayt did, and that was fine too; if he was like that, he wouldn't quite be himself. Sophia touched Fayt's arm. “I understand, Fayt,” she assured him. Of course she understood though; she had only known him her entire life.
He smiled a little at her. “Thanks.”
“It's kind of scary, isn't it?” she said. “That they haven't really died. We really are… programs.” She looked away.
Fayt hugged her briefly. “Don't say that. We're real, remember? We believe we are… so we are,” he insisted. Who was he trying to convince? They were programs. They might be intelligent programs, but still programs nonetheless, albeit programs with hearts and minds of their own.
On and ever upwards they walked, another eleven floors to the next major battle. This place was longer than any natural place they had walked through. Interesting that a building should seem so much longer than a country or two.
Furious Berial was a frustrating fight when the time came, as it had been so long ago on their first journey through Sphere. Nothing they couldn't handle, but frustrating all the same. Really, though, why did everything want them dead so desperately?
Fayt was honestly glad that they hadn't run into a version Albel here. Well, Albel wasn't dead. But then again, neither was Crosell and he had been here too. He hoped that they wouldn't. His mind just seemed to swim `round and `round the subject.
A couple floors higher, they cleared an area of enemies and stopped for lunch. After finishing, they continued up again through the identical corridors and battling minor enemies. On Floor 200, they encountered “Super Blair.” How repulsive, and done entirely in bad taste.
She was stronger than the fake Blair they had fought while battling their way to Luther. Soon, they discovered that they had to attack at every opportunity and healing constantly was really only a good way to die. Being outnumbered didn't phase her in the least and it only meant she had more people to kill. Needless to say, pretty strong for a sub-boss. Their healing items and stun bombs were pretty taxed at the end of the battle, so they headed back down to Gemity to restock. They had dinner and decided to just go to an inn rather than travel up a couple more floors.
“We're almost to the top of the tower,” Fayt said, falling down on the bed, letting his head hit the pillow. “I wonder what's up there?”
“We'll find out tomorrow morning. Rest up,” Cliff advised. “If Blair was only a sub-boss, no telling what's at the top of Sphere 211.”
Fayt nodded. “Right.” He sat up. “Hey…” He looked from Albel to Cliff. Cliff was undressing and Albel was pulling his hair out of the wraps. “We should have sex.”
Albel considered this, quite tempted by the offer. He glanced at a bruise on his arm from the past battle though, and considered for a moment how arduous it had been. He shook his head instead. “No. If Blair was that hard, the next battle will be more difficult. We should rest.”
Fayt sighed and fell back into bed. The three still slept together though. Breakfast was more of a hardy meal this time, and they made sure to refine all their new weapons they had received so everyone had the best things they could have before they left for Sphere yet again.
It was a bit daunting that they were so close to the top. So close to discovering whatever mystery lay at the top of the tower. Fayt also realized, so close to not having anything left to do to keep everyone here together. He felt a bit saddened at that, but still excited to see whatever was at the top.
Only a few floors more, and they found what awaited them. It was none other than Lenneth. This was one battle that made even Gabriel Celestia look easy, and that was really saying something, because he had been a pretty difficult fight too. It was a good thing that Fayt, on an impulse, had bought every kind of stun bomb that the shops had, because they were invaluable when they needed her to stop attacking so they didn't all die horribly. Sophia barely had time to cast healing so a lot of the items were used as well.
After the battle, everyone really just wanted to go take a bath, have a snack of some sort, and go to sleep. They were exhausted and, quite simply put, done for the day. They realized that they were really close, only a floor away as a matter of fact, but no one wanted to boldly rush to the top at this point. This hadn't even been the last floor and there was no guarantee that something more deadly still awaited them. It would be in their best interest to go relax and replenish supplies, particularly when Fayt thumbed through their inventory and found it a bit lacking.
Fayt once again bought up all the bombs he could find as well as replenishing their usual item supply. They headed back to the inn in Peterny for baths and a nap.
 
Cliff woke with a hard-on, likely having to do with the fact that Fayt and Albel were both on either side of him, mostly naked, with their limbs draped over him. He sighed deeply and tried to ignore it, fixing his eyes adamantly at the ceiling. It wasn't going away and not even the uninteresting decorative molding was making it limp again. Albel muttered something in his sleep and shifted a little. His bare thigh slipped between Cliff's legs. The young man suddenly tensed in his sleep, the skin on his thigh sliding succulently against the Klausian's groin as he did. Cliff nearly groaned aloud. He had to either wake Albel and Fayt up or get out of bed.
Fayt let out a low sigh, snuggling closer to Cliff. The breath of air trailed across Cliff's bare nipple. He was going absolutely insane. Fayt's hand brushed Albel's thigh. The swordsman awoke with a start, kneeing Cliff in the testicles. Well, that was one way to cure an erection. Cliff flinched, gritting his teeth.
Albel frowned at him, the fog of sleep making his thinking murky. Suddenly, it dawned on him why Cliff seemed to be in pain. Immediately, he moved his leg, feeling a little sheepish. Fayt's arm fell off of the swordsman as he sat up. The movement woke Fayt.
“Hmm?” Fayt wondered.
Albel looked at Cliff, a sort of weird expression on his face. It took Fayt a moment to place the expression because he had never seen it on Albel before. It was an “Oh-god-I'm-so-sorry” kind of look. Cliff took a long, deep, hard-gained breath followed by another. He finally relaxed. Sleep well?” he asked Albel.
“I… I didn't mean to…”
Cliff smiled. “Well, in that case, you mind making up for nutting me?”
Albel leaned down seductively over Cliff. “What can I do for ya?”
The Klausian eyed the Elicoorian for a moment, then moved his eyes down to his crotch, then back at Albel. The other caught his meaning. Albel kneeled down between Cliff's legs. Cliff let out a breathy sigh at what Albel was doing. Yep, that just about made up for it.
Fayt watched them both idly for a moment or two. He leaned up and kissed Cliff tenderly, enjoying waking with both of them. His lips moved against the other's, his tongue brushed against his lips. Fayt heard Albel groan. He opened his eyes, turning to look. Albel was fucking himself on Cliff, one hand on himself and the other steadying himself on Cliff's smooth stomach. Watching him was making Fayt's breathing uneasy. Fayt's hand trailed down to his crotch. He slipped out of his shorts, kicking them to the floor. Cliff lifted Fayt, pulling the boy into his mouth. He pushed two dampened fingers into the boy, keeping him up off of his face with the two fingers. Fayt groaned hopelessly. Albel captured his lips. The moan escaped into Albel's mouth.
Albel arched his back, groaning, his lips falling away from Fayt's. Fayt kissed Albel's bare neck. Wet kisses trailed down to his shoulders, graced his chest. He lapped at his nipples and eventually trailed his tongue down to Albel's cock. He covered him completely, copying the movements Cliff made against his own throbbing erection.
Fayt liked the way Albel felt in his mouth, liked the way Cliff's chest felt against his own. They were almost finished with Sphere. What would happen after that?
Cliff's fingers brushed a place deep inside Fayt, once, twice, a third time and with more force. Fayt squirmed, gasping. He moaned deeply around Albel's cock. Albel cried out at a movement he made with his hips that caused Cliff to hit him just perfectly.
Fayt moaned one last time and came, hard, into Cliff's mouth. Warm semen flooded down Cliff's throat, flowing into his mouth. Cliff gagged a little and swallowed rather than spit this time. Fayt squirmed away from Cliff. He sat still for a moment, panting and trying to catch his breath. He kneeled back in Albel's lap, continuing where he had left off. Cliff arched into Albel, feeling his legs and his hips with his hands. He jerked twice more and under all the stimuli from the lovely image of Fayt pleasuring Albel, released with a long moan.
He stopped, panting. Albel looked briefly disappointed. Cliff, still panting, sat up. He pushed Albel down onto his back, replaced his dick with his fingers, feeling the sticky semen slide out of him. Fayt continued. Fayt felt Albel's end coming. He pulled his mouth away and used his hands.
Albel actually really liked the attention, secretly. How much longer did he really have to enjoy it anyway?
Cliff twisted his whole arm, digging deep into him. Albel gasped. He came, white liquid gushing over Fayt's fingers.
They all stopped, panting and trying to get their breath back. After they had recovered, they washed up a little at the washbasin and dressed, once more ready for Sphere.
After everyone felt a bit more confident, they journeyed back to the Sphere Company and went all the way to the top. The Ethereal Queen was waiting for them. After Lenneth, she didn't seem so difficult. She was by no means easy, just not as difficult at as Lenneth was. So in reality, it was a bit of a relief that she wasn't, though it was a little infuriating because they had gone all the way to Peterny to prepare for this fight, and spent so much time making sure that everyone was in tip-top shape for it.
Regardless, they finished the fight and that seemed like it was it. Nothing left. The Ethereal Queen dropped a gem, though, and the gem's description mentioned something about danger and taking it to the place where there was a prideful dragon. No one was too sure they wanted any more danger. It was Fayt, though, who insisted on one last thing; to look at the caves in Crosell's lair. They went back to Peterny and stayed the night before they took that journey for a second time.
 
Kissing, moaning, gasping, the threesome helped each other shed their clothes onto the floor. They were trying to get in as much “time” together as possible. Not a one of them wanted to say it aloud, but the end was coming, and soon, and they all knew it. It was all too vivid in their minds that this could very well be their last time together, at least for a long time to come.
Albel pushed Fayt down onto his back, moving on top of him to take him. He kissed Fayt's chest, nuzzling against his neck and nibbling on his ear. He moved to kiss him, readying himself to take him as he did. Cliff's fingers ran down Albel's back, caressing his backside, and letting his fingernails graze his thighs, taking time to appreciate the splendid view. He kissed the base of the Elicoorian's spine, trailing his hand slowly, ever so slowly, back up his legs.
Fayt suddenly put a hand out, stopping him, turning his head to the side to avoid Albel's kiss. “No,” he said.
The Elicoorian froze. “What? Why?”
Fayt crossed his arms indignantly. “I'm always uke. I want to be seme once!” he complained. Cliff let out a low whistle, stepping away. He sat down heavily on the other bed, realizing that this argument might take a while.
Albel sat up, just as stubborn as Fayt had decided he wanted to be. To hell he would be Fayt's uke. Cliff's, certainly--he had won the dominance battle and that was fine thus, and besides, he liked the way Cliff was built; it suited him. Fayt wouldn't, couldn't, win that though--Albel wouldn't allow it. “No.”
The Earthling looked to Cliff for help. Cliff got the idea that this would be an awkward night, thank you very much, Fayt. Cliff leaned back against the headboard, getting comfortable, willing his erection to die throughout the argument he knew would ensue. “Cliff, c'mon,” Fayt whined. “I want to be on top—just once.”
“Don't look at me,” he said. He pointed at the Glyphian. “Ask Albel.”
Albel glared at him venomously. “It could just as easily be you as me.”
Cliff snorted a laugh. “I don't think so.” He smiled winningly at Albel. “Besides, you're a good uke.”
The Elicoorian suddenly grinned. Cliff immediately didn't like it, not one bit. He had a feeling that suddenly the tables had turned into Albel's favour. He wondered how and at the same time, really didn't want to know. Albel, still grinning, looked to Fayt. “Okay, Fayt. I'll be your uke. Just once.” Fayt looked anxious and eager at the same time. “But…” Albel glanced at Cliff, his eyes sparkling like someone playing a particularly mean practical joke. “…you have to convince Cliff to be mine.” He looked back at Fayt, raising an index finger to emphasize his point. “Just once.” He smiled pleasantly at Cliff, who glowered back at him.
Fayt gave Cliff a sad puppy face. Cliff was stalwart and unaffected by it and it helped that he wasn't looking. Please, Cliff? I want to be on top.”
The blonde scowled at Albel. Damn bastard had pinned all this on him. If he said no, Albel was now exempt from all blame. Cliff had to admit, it was brilliant. In just making that deal, Albel had excused himself from all blame and pinned everything on Cliff. Cliff felt his stubborn pride rising indignantly at the idea of being Albel's uke all the same though. “No.”
“C'mon, please, Cliff?”
The blonde stared at the blue-haired youth, who had such a sad, pleading expression that it might have moved more sympathetic individuals to tears. Both Albel and Cliff were completely immune to it, however. No,” he insisted. Albel looked at Cliff, giving him his best pouty look. It wasn't an expression he got to use very often, and he had discovered that it made Cliff completely and utterly helpless in the same way that Fayt's innocent expressions also made Cliff helpless. He couldn't stand to look at both of them when they did that to him. He flinched and looked away.
“Cliff… You're going to crush all of Fayt's dreams,” Albel chimed. His tone of voice was a little too cheery.
The Klausian considered smashing the lamp on top of Albel's head briefly. He felt like they were pressuring him to do drugs or something, honestly, the way they kept on. “He'll live. Having his dreams crushed will be good for him.”
Albel couldn't help but snicker. Fayt pursed his lips in a scowl. “That's rude.” A brief pause. “But, c'mon, Cliff. Albel even agreed. A role-reversal would be great, so c'mon.”
“I pass.”
Fayt squirmed out from under Albel and started getting dressed. “Fine. I'm gonna go sleep somewhere else.”
Cliff sighed. “Oh, fine, whatever!”
Fayt grinned and kissed Cliff appreciatively, then looked at Albel. Albel sighed. “Me first, huh?” he muttered to himself. Cliff grinned, resting his chin on his palm, elbow on his knee as he observed. Fayt suddenly felt nervous. Albel helped get them both ready and had to direct Fayt, occasionally glaring in an accusatory manner at Cliff. He guided Fayt over him, positioning him with his hand. Albel glared at Cliff one last time before he let Fayt enter him. Fayt gasped, eyes widening at the way it felt. He tried to think of what Albel and Cliff usually did and tried to do those things. He felt a little, no—a lot—awkward and uncomfortable doing it though, like they were both scrutinizing him.
Albel moaned a little, but he really liked Cliff better there. He reached down between his legs, pleasuring himself; this was Fayt's first time and he wasn't a genius in bed. He still asked for direction from time to time, face red both from exertion and embarrassment at needing the direction. Albel tried to make it as easy as he could for the kid, and tried not to be rude about it, lest he mortally embarrass Fayt or something.
Fayt tried not to completely ignore Albel, but he was experiencing a plethora of new sensations, and enjoyed it. Eventually, he got a little more confident and stopped thinking about how Cliff was being voyeuristic in a sadistic kind of way, and how Albel kept instructing him and focused on the way it felt. He tried just to do whatever felt good for him. This being his first time, he had little stamina and quickly gave out, accidentally releasing in Albel. “Sorry…” Fayt muttered. “It… felt really… good…”
Albel kissed him softly, sitting up and pulling away. He gently laid Fayt down, then turned to Cliff, grinning wickedly. All the reasons that Albel had earned the title “Albel the Wicked” was reflected in the expression. Cliff flinched. “I changed my mind,” he said suddenly. Albel flew at him, pinning him to the bed, heedless of Cliff's wishes. The two wrestled, Albel attempting to more or less rape Cliff and Cliff trying to get away without hurting Albel by accident.
Fayt giggled softly, watching them. Albel tickled Cliff's ribs, apparently having learned something from Fayt. Cliff flailed just right and the Elicoorian saw his opportunity. He took it, and Cliff, immediately without wasting any time. Albel the Wicked smirked at Cliff.
“Oh, c'mon, seriously?” Cliff demanded.
“It won't be long,” Albel said, obviously pleased with himself. Cliff flinched at the pain, finally appreciating how it felt for the other two. He decided to just take this as a learning experience to perfect his seme skills and let Albel do as he wished, which he did. Albel was completely and totally relentless and ruthless. He dragged it out for as long as he possibly could, working Cliff into erection with his hands since Cliff apparently wasn't stimulated rectally. Cliff noticed that Albel must be somewhere near release.
“Don't come in me,” he snapped. Albel scowled, about to say something, then gasped. He jerked his hips into him again. Ignoring Cliff completely, he sagged, panting as he released into his lover. Cliff flinched, not liking it at all. Albel sagged over Cliff, a pleased expression on his face. Cliff lifted Albel off of him, laying Albel down on his stomach. Albel looked up at Cliff wearily. Revenge. Cliff tilted Albel just enough, lifting his hips with his hand. He forced his way inside him. Albel grunted, clearly frustrated. Cliff worked at making it quick. Three minutes later, he found his own release. Cliff's semen mingled with Fayt's inside Albel.
The issue was that now both beds were dirty. They found some extra blankets and changed the blankets on one of the beds, then snuggled up together to sleep with the silent agreement to never do anything like that ever again, and in fact, not to speak of it at all. Albel and Cliff felt that way anyway. Fayt didn't feel similarly, but the other two didn't care.
They left in the morning and went all the way back to Crosell's lair. Sure enough, there was a new cave there, and why not explore it?
In the cave, there were coloured glowing orbs of earth, air, water, and fire that opened and closed pathways as well as made certain enemies stronger or weaker. Interesting. With the right colour combination for their orb-like “keys,” they managed to make their way through.
However, it wasn't long before they came across Peppita. But it wasn't quite Peppita. That is to say, it was Peppita, but not. Sort of like Pseudo Blair had been before. Moreover, she, as usual, assumed that Fayt was up to no good. It was strange though; she didn't know them. And what was she doing here? But there was no time to think about it; she attacked them and she wasn't exactly a pushover.
When Peppita was defeated, they moved on, more confused than ever. After another colour puzzle, they entered another area, this one with Roger in it. Similar to before, Roger also didn't know who they were. However, instead of thinking they were bad guys, he assumed that they were some sort of contestant and immediately attacked them. Quite odd behaviour indeed. It puzzled the others and despite a long discussion as they traversed the next area, they couldn't quite figure out what exactly was going on.
Another colour puzzle after that, they were faced with quite a disturbing apparition indeed. For, who should appear before them but two of their own?
Fayt could only stare in mute horror. He had been terrified of it being Albel, the same fear he had harboured since back at Sphere. But this was different. It was he and Sophia. And they challenged them to a fight.
Albel and Cliff looked at each other. What could they do? This was Fayt, but not Fayt. Fayt clashed swords with himself. He didn't know what to do. This was so… very strange. However, there was little time to think about it or to decide if it was really right to fight and kill the “other” Fayt and the “other” Sophia; the “others” were attacking them, and they were plenty strong. Sophia's Gremlins was all but sudden death, and Fayt dealt a lot of damage just by himself.
The battle was hard-won, physically and mentally. It was a good thing that their Sophia and Fayt had been wearing different outfits than the “other” or else they might have had problems, so at least there was that.
Have you been holding out on us?” Mirage said sarcastically to Fayt and Sophia. The two blushed, looking away. They looked at each other briefly. What was this?
It seemed to be the end of the cave, so they walked back, feeling more confused than ever before, and a little defeated even. Fayt looked at the gem. Well, nothing seemed to be here. It had been dangerous, but it was more confusing than dangerous.
Crosell was gone inside his lair. Curiosity overtaking him, Fayt set the gem down where Crosell usually slept. The little girl from the Maze, Freya, suddenly appeared and challenged them.
Again, Fayt's collection of stun bombs was invaluable, and they used a lot of items. For such a little girl, Freya was unbelievably strong. Sophia, however, got a pretty nice weapon afterwards. Not that it did any real good anymore, because now, there really was nothing left and now was the time to leave and go home, finally.
They had to decide on what they wanted to do now that there was really no reason to stay together. They each, after all, had very different lives to lead.
“I'm looking for my mother,” Fayt decided, looking away from the other two. They didn't love him. They didn't love each other. It was only “maybe.” A sexual relationship, even if they still cared about each other like lovers should, wasn't really worth throwing away the rest of his life for. And even though it had potential, he just had to try to find his mother. And he wanted to go home for a while. The idea of sleeping in his own bed, watching television, eating a hamburger, all of it sounded fantastic. He wanted to go home. For the first time in so long, he realized he was homesick.
Cliff just wanted to go back to Diplo, live some of his life normally, even for just a while. He could think of no other, better thing to do. Yes, he wanted to stay with the other two, but where would they go? What would they do, really? The Klausian nodded his consent to Fayt's wishes.
Albel sighed. Then it was back to Elicoor for him if that was what the other two wanted to do. It was back to his former life, even though there wouldn't be much to do any more with the war ended and the countries at peace. Still… it wasn't like Airyglyph's problem of not having enough food was gone. He wondered how long they would really be at peace with Aquaria, then looked at Cliff and Fayt and suddenly didn't care.
“Then it's over?” he asked, even though he already knew the answer.
The other two looked away. They all had different homes on different planets. “I'll come to visit you,” Fayt insisted. “Visiting” didn't mean “staying.” It meant seeing someone briefly and then leaving for a long period of time. It wasn't good enough. It meant they wouldn't be together.
“We'll stay in touch,” Cliff added quickly. “Staying in touch” didn't mean “staying together.” It only meant they would be in contact, and nothing more. Albel looked away without saying anything.
Long-distance relationships never last.
 
More to come.