Supernatural Fan Fiction ❯ Angels, Demons and Wizards ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not mine.
Glad people seem to like this. I don't even know where this is going at the moment. As to what Harry is...may come out this chapter, may be next.
 
Chapter 2
 
Dean clutched at his stomach, trying to keep breathing and not throw up, looking up at the man who had pulled him from hell and somehow dumped him back in his body. There was a residual ache but other than that he seemed to be healthy which was rather odd since he remembered being a hellhound's chew toy.
 
“Where?” Dean coughed and a glass of water was held out to him. He slowly took it and sipped, closing his eyes in bliss as he swallowed it.
 
“My home in Pontiac Illinois. Any numbness? Pain?”
 
“Bit of an ache.” Dean admitted warily, watching Harry closely.
“Sam, you said he's here?” Dean asked and Harry nodded, extending a hand to him.
 
“Don't smudge the circle.” Harry said and Dean slowly took his hand, letting Harry help him out of the circle. Dean stumbled and Harry steadied him.
“Take it easy, there's no rush.” Harry assured him as they slowly began to make their way upstairs.
“Don't let Hermione scare you, she's harmless.”
 
“Who?” Dean asked only to nearly jump out of his skin as a ghost appeared.
 
“Hermione this is Dean, Dean this is Hermione, a childhood friend.” Harry introduced them.
 
“You're okay Harry?” Hermione asked, floating closer and studying them both.
 
“In one piece and still breathing. Sam wake up at all?”
 
“Nope. Sleeping like a baby.” She answered before getting closer to Dean who actually moved back into Harry.
“Relax; I'm not going to hurt you.” The ghost told him, smiling gently.
“So Sam's your brother? You're cuter.” She said and Dean grinned slightly.
 
“Thanks, I think.” He answered.
 
“Come on, let's get you upstairs.” Harry said, helping Dean up the stairs, relived that Dean seemed to be regaining his strength relatively quickly. Harry opened the door and Dean froze as he saw Sam lying on the bed, fast asleep.
 
“Sammy.” Dean whispered and Harry led him over to the bed, pushing him down beside his brother. Dean reached out and touched his brother, getting a soft whimper in return.
“Sam wake up.” Dean called, ignoring Harry as he left. Hazel eyes slowly opened and then locked on him in fear. Sam pushed himself up on the bed and away from Dean.
“Whoa, take it easy kiddo.” Dean soothed, reaching out to Sam who snarled and attacked him. Dean went backwards over the bed, Sam on top of him. Dean didn't struggle but he grabbed Sam's wrists to keep him from hitting him.
“Sam relax, it's me.” Dean whispered and Sam snarled.
 
“You....you're not him. Dean's dead.” Sam choked out angrily.
 
“Christo.” Dean whispered and Sam's eyes went wide at hearing Dean say that. Sam went for his belt, yanking a small silver knife and Dean nodded, raising his arm. Sam's hand was shaking slightly as he made a small cut, watching intently as red human blood seeped out of the wound.
 
“Dean?” Sam whispered and Dean nodded.
 
“It's me Sammy, I'm back.” He answered and then Sam collapsed on top of him, hugging him tightly. Dean hugged him back.
 
“But how?”
 
“Not sure. You met our host?” Dean asked and Sam nodded.
“He got me out of hell.” Dean told him and Sam frowned.
 
“How could he do that? Is he a demon?”
 
“Don't know, but in hell his eyes were silver and now they're green.”
 
“Um...don't know of any demons with silver eyes.”
 
“You could just ask.” They looked up to see Harry leaning in the doorway.
“Am I interrupting? He asked, a small smile, teasing about his lips and the brothers blushed, Sam scrambling up and offering Dean a hand.
 
“Okay so what are you?” Dean demanded and Harry sat on the chair near the door.
 
“How's your Babylonian mythology?” Harry asked as the brothers sat.
 
“Not too bad for the major things.” Sam answered and Harry nodded.
 
“Ever heard of Nergal?” He asked.
 
“Um...sometimes seen as a god of war or death god. Now believed to be a demon. That's about it.” Sam answered.
 
“Minor deity actually. He was a god of war, pestilence, death, you get the point. He also had children by a mortal woman. Over the centuries his blood thinned until the children were completely human. Till I was born in 1880. Fifteen months later I was nearly killed, for some reason it started `waking' his blood up. I died when I was eighteen, woke up again three days later to find Nergal himself standing over me. Let's just sat I didn't take it well to find out I was in the Netherworld. Nergal kicked me back to earth after giving me the basics. By that time pretty much everyone I knew was dead thanks to the war, found Hermione hovering over my body, nearly gave me a heart attack. She's refused to leave me ever since.”
 
“Correction I refused to leave you after a certain incidence three weeks later.” Came the annoyed female voice. Hermione floated through the wall, arms crossed over her chest.
 
“Incidence?” Sam asked and Harry went red.
 
“Someone decided to get drunk and walk around the top of the Eiffel Tower, singing at the top of his voice.” Hermione stated and the brothers hid a laugh.
 
“Not like the fall could kill me.” Harry grumbled.
 
“I'm just glad wing boy showed up to get you down.” She shot back.
 
“Wing boy?” Dean snickered.
 
“Piece of advice, don't laugh at an angel. And yes, I mean an actual angel from Heaven. He found me at the top of the tower and transported us back to the ground. He gave me more information than Nergal did, got me sobered up and even helped me get out of Europe. For that I owed him one, he called it in for you two.”
 
“So you're Nergal's descendant and what half demon?” Dean asked nervously and Harry couldn't blame him since he had spent the last few months being tortured by demons.
 
“Yes to his descendant and technically heir. No to being a half demon. I'm actually only quarter human anymore. It was Judaism and then Christianity that labelled my ancestors demons, to the Babylonians they were gods. Some benevolent others not so. But it gave me the ability to walk into hell and get you out.
 
TBC...