Tales Of Syphona Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden ❯ Old woman ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Sadly I do not own Tales of Symphonia.

Chapter 2

As I parked my vehicle in my garage I went outside. It was a nice warm day. The breeze was gentle. The sky was clear. I took a deep breath and swept my gaze at the rebuilt Luin.

Children were laughing and playing in the streets. Women gossipped with one another. Men went about their daily jobs. It was peaceful.

I hadn't picked to live in Luin for any paticular reason. I could have lived anywhere else just as easily. But Luin had the type of climate I liked. And is was next to the water, which I enjoyed.

"It's so peaceful," a raspy voice came from beside me, bringing me back to reality.

I looked over quickly to see a small old lady. She was hunched over and held a cane in her weak hands. She smiled warmly at me before looking back at the town.

"Yes, it is." I replied, turning my gaze back to the town before me.

"Hard to believe just a short time ago this city was in ruins." I caught a glimpse of sorrow spark in her eyes at the memory.

"Hm," was all I could think of to say.

"All because of those filthy Desians... Those half-elves," anger flashed in her eyes.

I glanced at the old woman. I guess she despised half-elves as well. I gave no comment to her last remark. I just watched the children play.

She chuckled softly. "I apoligize for bringing such a gray topic up," she paused, "Oh how rude of me. My name is Rose."

"A pleasure to meet you Lady Rose. I'm Kratos."

She smiled warmly in reply. A long silence dragged on. It lasted to the point I was becoming uncomfortable.

"Ah well, I have a grandchild to feed. I must be going. It was nice meeting you Mr. Kratos. Hopefully our paths will cross again." She waved as she turned ans walked off.

I blinked as I watched the old lady dissapear. What an odd woman. Usually when strangers try starting a conversation and introduce themselves they mean to talk to you a bit more. Maybe she just didn't know what to say. She had tried to talk about the Desians I guess. But I hadn't really kept the conversation going much.

Oh well. It doesn't really matter I suppose. I turned and headed inside. I sighed. Another day home alone. Yuan was right as much as I hated to admit it. I usually stayed home. I never really made friends with anyone in Luin. But that was my own fault for being so anti-social.

There was always the possibality of joining Llyod and his journey to collect all the exspheres. But for some reason I really didn't want to. I'd help of course if he'd ever asked me to.

Well my day after that went as any other. I trained for a bit, made dinner, went out for a little while then came home for bed.

I sighed as I got into bed. Life had become dreadfully boring and uneventful. But I suppose I wasn't really doing anything to make it more exciting. I had faintly thought about what I could do to make my life more eventful as sleep took me.




----------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------
Author's note
Sorry, this chapter is a bit short. And sorry if Kratos and/or Yuan seem kinda OOC. I'm trying to keep them in character as much as possible.